[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here vegan or vegetarian? I struggle to meet my protein,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 20
File: vegan0.jpg (33 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
vegan0.jpg
33 KB, 500x350
Anyone here vegan or vegetarian?
I struggle to meet my protein, even with shit tons of tofu, whey, and eggs.
>>
No, because I'm not a complete retard.
>>
File: Fedora Tip.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
Fedora Tip.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>35344493
>>
if you're a vegetarian, you might as well say fuck it and eat meat. Eating egg and whey means you support the ugly meat industry. And if you do it for health reasons, meat is the most complete (therefore superior) protein
>>
>>35344471

Humans were never meant to be entirely vegetarian. It's true that we probably eat too much meat, but we were never supposed to not eat it at all.
>>
File: Jon-Pall-Sigmarsson.jpg (943 KB, 1516x1536) Image search: [Google]
Jon-Pall-Sigmarsson.jpg
943 KB, 1516x1536
>>35344471
Why the fuck would I not eat lesser beings who give me the nutrients I desire and please my palate?

Why the fuck would I care if a lesser being is in pain or scared when it dies for me to eat it? You take a walk in the woods and you may kill hundreds of creatures underfoot. But nobody cares. There's some line for every vegan. Fuck that shit.

I'd slaughter every animal I eat myself if it was financially viable in urban living. Why the fuck would I care? We've been doing it forever, and we only properly started evolving after eating meat.

Fuck off.
>>
>>35344471
legumes faggot

>>35344493
enjoy your ass cancer
>>
File: 1450827203034.jpg (26 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1450827203034.jpg
26 KB, 460x345
>>35344471
>>
>>35344471
seitan is a good source. It's a bit expensive, but I think if you look around online there might be ways to make it yourself

>>35344542
Humans were never meant to number 7 billion either. The environment can't support 7 billion people eating meat, especially not beef. Half the planet is running out of water and GHGs continue to rise.

You want to keep eating steak? Fine, go kill about 6.5 billion people first.
>>
>>35344591
>The environment can't support 7 billion people eating meat
Rofl yes it can.
There are over 50 billion chickens
There are over 1.4 billion cows
There are over a billion sheep,

And there is plenty of farmland that is not being used..
>>
>>35344549

>Why the fuck would I not eat lesser beings who give me the nutrients I desire and please my palate?

Same reason we don't eat niggers
>>
Vegan for a few months here. If youre looking to meet your macro requirements go to GNC. They have a decent, Vegan mass gainer there. Also you need to pick up an amino acid mix and sport multivitamin. If you just need protein then look into Vega protein powder. Vanilla tasted like shit and chocolate is good with soy milk.
>>
lentils are great.
>>
Vegan faggots need to leave forever, no one cares about your shitty meme diet and no one cares that virgin stains is your idol
>>
File: Patrik Baboumian.jpg (28 KB, 343x319) Image search: [Google]
Patrik Baboumian.jpg
28 KB, 343x319
>>
>>35344471

>I struggle to meet my protein, even with shit tons of tofu, whey, and eggs.

How? Are you trying to get like 300g a day or something?
>>
>>35344471

Vegetarian-ish here. I eat chicken, fish, eggs, but I don't eat red meat, shellfish, or milk. I find it fairly easy to hit my protein requirements and I'm lean as fuck.
>>
>>35344589
>9gag
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 640x640
>>35344634

Your retardation is making my balls hurt.
>>
>>35344471
>struggle to meet my protein

Nice try, everyone knows protein is a myth. Check and mate.
>>
File: Patrik_Baboumian___7_-3.jpg (63 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Patrik_Baboumian___7_-3.jpg
63 KB, 512x384
>>35346379

godamn please stop posting Patrick Baboumian

He's been lifting for 20 years now, and his diet for the first 15 consisted of meat and steroid injections. That's like if Rich Piana all of a sudden turned vegan and 2 months later people would say ''look at that VEGAN bodybuilder, you CAN get huge on this diet zomg!!!11!!''

Fuck off
>>
File: putin-laughing.jpg (39 KB, 361x500) Image search: [Google]
putin-laughing.jpg
39 KB, 361x500
>>35346414
>that nigga who eats fish but refuses to eat shellfish
>>
>>35344542

>meant to
>supposed to
>>god designed us
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 640x1136
>>35346519

>Not knowing the difference.
Although my preference has little to do with nutrient differences, and more to do with fear of improper cooking and parasites of the digestive system.
>>
>>35344471
What are you eating?
I have no problem meeting my daily protein. But I'm also a faggot that believes it should be 1g/kg bodyweight. It's really not that hard.
By the way, I started my bulk right after I went (ovo-)vegetarian, and I went from 80kg to 85 in two months with 16% bodyfat.
I really don't understand the meatmeme. It's like people are truly offended whenever you say that you don't eat meat, like wtf?
>>
>>35344634
>being this stupid
>>
>>35344591
>Humans were never meant to number 7 billion either. The environment can't support 7 billion people eating meat, especially not beef. Half the planet is running out of water and GHGs continue to rise.
>You want to keep eating steak? Fine, go kill about 6.5 billion people first.
Vegetarians are tree hugging nutjobs. They literally hate humanity.
>>
>>35344542
>closest relative herbivores
> only herbivores get plaqued arteries
> no primal instinct to eat dead animals
> long intestinal tract
> no claws or canines
>>
>>35344542
oh ok thank you for typing a sentence, i guess you must be right because you just wrote this.
>>
>>35344634
Except you know, those animals can live in pretty rough climates and conditions, whereas that land could not be used for farming purposes (or would be far from ideal).

You've probably never been anywhere outside of a big city, have you.
>>
>>35344591
i sure as hell wont stop eating meat so niggers in africa can continue shitting out dozens of niglets per woman

veganism is voluntary cuckoldry
>>
>>35347667
how does you eating dead animals stop that from happening?
>america
>>
>>35344591
>Expensive Seitan

For real make it yourself...it's basically savory bread. I'm pretty sure mine costs me <£1 per portion, with each portion being 363 Cals, 63g protein.

It's lysine deficient as fuck though. Every time I eat it I think about that and then start thinking about the lysine contingency from Jurassic park, then I pretend I'm a dinosaur getting fed.
>>
Yeah I had the same problem. I'm also allergic to soy products. I felt hungry all the time no matter how much veggies, lenses and beans I ate. I eat meat products few times a week only, but eggs and milk products daily. Why the fuck not.

But I don't care what diet others chooses to follow. I don't wanna make my life harder by being a vegan though, but hey what ever floats your boat.
>>
>>35344471

i know how to fix this OP

stop being a fuckng vegan
>>
Grains/carbs are around 10g protein per 100, peanut butter sandwiches, legumes, beans, soya milk and pea protein from bulk supplements £37 per 5 kilos (much cheaper than normal whey). Vegan since lifting.
>>
>>35346519
In fairness, that is what God wants
>>
>>35346414
I've got no beef with ya.. ha ha, get it?

Seriously though man, why don't you eat beef? Steak is fucking delicious
>>
>>35347751
steak is a meme stfu. Almost as much of a meme as bacon, except bacon actually tastes nice.
>>
File: 1285524951522.jpg (25 KB, 360x359) Image search: [Google]
1285524951522.jpg
25 KB, 360x359
>>35347786
I love steak.
>>
>rice
>beans
>legumes
> non dairy milk
> leafy greens
> fruits
> some junk
> if really needed get a mass gainer
>b12 supplement
eat wide and varied. End
>>
>>35348067
>non dairy milk
So flavoured waters?

Also, what the hell is in a vegan mass gainer? Do they make them? had the pea protein powder before but it tastes baaaaaad so a high carb version sounds like a worse idea desu.
>>
I eat about 1L of yoghurt, 2x30g of whey, 30g of peanuts, and 50g of oats a day by default (devided over breakfast and before bed), and then whatever I have for lunch and dinner. At dinner I usually use anything tofu based to replace meat that has at least 20g of protein per 100g, plus maybe 1 or 2 eggs. Remember that there's also protein in many products that you'd think of as "carbs", such as bread, pasta, rice, etc. Those all count as well. Currently get about 120-150g of protein a day, which is already more than I need at 75kg BW.
>>
>>35344566
>enjoy your ass cancer

Citation?
>>
>>35348142
most mass gainer is basically very finely ground oats, so mostly carbs and a little bit of protein. I usually put 20-30g in with my shakes, gives me a little energy and it does a great job at masking the terrible synthetic taste of most whey
>>
>>35348184
http://www.wired.com/2015/10/who-does-bacon-cause-cancer-sort-of-but-not-really/
>>
File: meatereater.jpg (108 KB, 894x937) Image search: [Google]
meatereater.jpg
108 KB, 894x937
ever vegan thread
>>
>>35348202
nah
>>
>>35347620
http://firstlook.pnas.org/adult-male-chimps-regularly-eat-meat-unlike-other-chimps/
>>
>>35344471
Vegan here, I weight 92 kg @ 18% bf currently.
My lean body mass is therefore ~75.4 kg; maximum RDA for strength training is 1.8g/kg (lean body mass) and this means
135.72 grams of proteins.
Any further intake of protein would be neglected as per MSPR.
Given than proteins from plant sources, albeit healthier, has a bio-availability lower of about 18~20% compared to meat proteins, this translates into
~160 grams of proteins.

Plants have all the essential and non-essential amino acids you need. Some plants may have not all the amino-acids, it's perfectly fine if you mix vegan proteins sources.

I easily meet my 160 grams of proteins every day with 400 grams of mixed legumes (200 of these legumes @breakfast) (soy beans, various kind of lentils, fava beans, chickpeas and so on and so forth; changing mix every day, 50 grams for each variety; average proteins intake = 120 g)

Then broccoli (200g, 6g); tofu in my salads (200g, 16g); cashews or varied nuts/seeds (50g, 8g); cauliflower, carrots, whole wheat pasta, tomatoes make up for the last grams.

I don't take any protein powder or the like. You may anyway find really easily vegan protein powders.

If you are vegetarian and you eat whey and eggs as well, you have no excuses.
>>
>>35348384
The only decent post ITT and I'm not even vegan.
>>
>>35344471

Why don't you eat meat?
>>
>>35344634
>implying our current resource use is sustainable
>implying we aren't currently using freshwater faster then it's replenished
>implying global temperatures aren't continuing to rise
>>
>>35344471
You don't need 200g of protein a day.
>>
>>35344471
>vegan
>whey
You're a fucking moron. You're too stupid to figure out how stupid being vegan is, and too stupid to realize you've been eating a direct animal product this whole time.
>vegans: So stupid they can't even figure out what non animal byproducts even are, or understanding the ingredients of what they around eating.
Place kill yourself
>>
>>35344471
>vegan
>whey

Might as well have some chicken, too, nigga.
>>
>>35348169
>>35349636
The cherry on top, op isn't the only "vegan" who eats animal protein because he's an idiot who doesn't realize what whey is. Newsflash, whey isn't vegan and neither are you morons, despite how accurately the label may imply your intelligence and reasoning level.
Also love how no one else has pointed this out in this entire thread. Fit really is filled with clueless dense motherfuckers afterall
>>
>>35348384

Nice post anon, a question. how long have you been vegan? and
Have you been seen any improvements?
>>
>>35349636
>>35349695

>this quick to anger even when you're in the wrong

OP never said he was vegan. He asked if anyone here was vegan or vegetarian. Sounds like he's vegetarian.
>>
File: Snapchat-8595429741925368225.jpg (854 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8595429741925368225.jpg
854 KB, 1440x2560
>>
>>35348874
Thank you

>>35351039
5 years, I've always neglected red meat 2bh and my diet was mostly "pescetarian" since I was like 18~19.

Improvements.. removing cheese has helped in getting rid of some fat. Placebo or not, I sleep better, my mood is better, my skin is better and I don't have dark circles any more. Maybe it's not related to "being vegan" per se, but rather to the fact that I actually keep a diet that forces me to double-check my macro and micro nutrients intake. Removing poultry has made me less "tired" anyway, I'm fairly sure of that.

Contrary to popular beliefs on this board, I do not "obsess" anyone with my "being vegan". For Christmas I'll likely eat something not exactly vegan (my parents - and my mother in particular - try to follow a non-meat non-egg diet when I'm there, but on special occasions something slips in... it's hard for them and I won't obviously blame or refuse to eat anything) and maybe I eat something not exactly vegan (usually, fish) once a year or so if I'm having a diner with friends and there's no other choice on the menu. This year happened only once.
I really try not to "ruin" the "meat experience" to anyone.
>>
>>35344566
>enjoy your ass cancer
Oh, I will.

I will enjoy being a 220lbs in shape 50 year old man shitting in a bag, while you struggle to have abs at 180, when you're not even 30.
>>
>>35348384
Nice post. This is what I was looking for in this thread, except all I found was butthurt meat eaters whining. So since we're sharing i'll share my protein sources which is 200g oats w/ rice protein and dark choc w dates n' syrup. Next meal 200g red lentils with kidneybeans and chili sauce and vegetables and some juice. Last meal chickpea bread w/ tofu n avocado and more fresh juice. I get 150g protein usually. And I could easily get 200g+.
>>
if you're a vegan you should consider suicide
>>
>>35351919
>Nice post
Thank you, yours is nice too

>oats w/ rice protein
I don't usually eat oats simply because they're not so common here. I eat rice as well when I'm not getting some whole wheat pasta or a different first plate

>dark choc
I don't eat it often, when I get some bars I choose the highest in cocoa and taste them with arabic coffee or a fortified red wine

>red lentils and kidneybeans
Often in my diet, black and eye beans too

>chickpea bread
That's interesting, I never found it around here. I have chickpea flour and sometimes I mix it with corn flour for some protein-fortified (and tasty) version of polenta - some mint leaves provide the final touch
>>
>>35344471
>Vegan/Vegetarian
>eggs
Pick 1. You imbred
>>
>>35344471
>Vegan
>Eggs

Pick one.

Now a Vegetarian can eat eggs, but a Vegan cannot.
>>
>>35347620
The intestinal tract length is not a factor, it is the density of the Microvilli IN the intestines.
>>
>>35344471
The Bait is strong in this one.
>>
>vegan or vegetarian?

vegan is vegetarian short pronounced you cuck!
>>
Veganfag here, I have no issues meeting protein requirements, but it's very filling and not fun for a bulk. I buy a bunch of frozen gardein products. I'll eat a whole bag in a single meal. Also, Clif builder bars pack an awesome amount of protein in, but they're also high in fat, so you have to reserve your fat calories for shit like this. 2 protein shakes a day as well, I use Plantfusion, don't waste money in Vega shit. In the morning for breakfast, a bagel and oatmeal is a great way to get protein and carbs before your workout.
>>
>>35355053
are you retarded?
>>
>>35355053
Vegan means no animal products like eggs. Vegetarian means you don't eat meat. Ignorant is when you say things and have no clue what youre talking about.
>>
>>35344542
Source?
>>
>>35344471
>when you're a vegan you have to juice up just to hit the natty meat eating limit.
What's the niggers name with the youtube videos who looks like a 14 year old kid and claims he has been lifting for years?
>>
>>35355512
>vegetarian
>people eat eggs and fish and claim this
I don't get the logic, it's meat still.
>>
I'm a vegan and hitting protein isn't a problem. Tofu, seitan, beans, chickpeas, lentils, soy isolate and textured vegetable protein all make it fairly easy. Sure it's harder than just eating chicken and tuna but still.

Don't fall for the protein meme, we don't need more than 0.8 grams per pound of bodyweight, so if you weight 150 you only need 120 grams per day. 0.8 is the upper limit too, you would probably be fine eating 100 grams a day an not notice any difference in gains.
>>
>>35344591
You do realize that the environment can not support people in general.
It's not sustainable in either scenario, if you think otherwise you're fucking retarded.
If we use meat, it will eventually overtake the natural ecosystems with the fields needed to raise that much meat.
If we use plants, it will eventually overtake the natural ecosystems with the structures needed to house that many plants.

There is only so much land and water on the planet.
There is no supporting anything.
The only answer is population control.
We have determined this years ago, it's just not a problem most governments are ready to face.
>>
>>35355660
I should have mentioned bio-availability. Some of my sources, like the legumes, have lower availability than meat/dairy/eggs. Not by a huge amount, it's around 17% less so I compensate by eating a little more. So instead of eating 120 I will go to 135-140. Soy isolate has the same availability as whey and I get 40 grams from that every day.
>>
>>35355647
The problem is people labeling themselves. I eat what I eat, its that simple. I don't eat chicken, pig, or cow because I feel bad for them. I eat fish because my wife is Japanese and Im compromising. I also eat meat if Im a guest at someones house because I don't want to be a pain in the ass.
>>
Its funny how people try to justify why they choose to eat nor not eat things. Do you! "What you eat don't make me shit." Jay Z
>>
>>35355710
See I've had this scenario before (ironically ex girlfriend Japanese) she was vegan, but always ate fight because it was such a huge part of her culture and her family really wouldn't let her get away from it.
Just always found it weird.
When my friends ask me what I eat I usually say a Mediterranean diet, because it's simpler than saying "a mostly vegetarian diet".
3/4ths of my meals throughout the day are vegetarian. I choose to eat 1 portion of meat a day. Not really for a philosophical reason, but because I understand the argument from both sides pretty well.
I think we can all agree
>as a society we eat too much meat.
So I just ate less meat.
>>
File: 1437990309171.gif (208 KB, 354x534) Image search: [Google]
1437990309171.gif
208 KB, 354x534
>>35344471

Vegetarian for over 8 years.
I just drink a fuckton of milk kek (not soy milk tho, I don't like the taste of that one)
>>
Its ironic how people who give vegetarians shit are also the ones who get mad at Chinese people for eating dogs.
>>
>>35355794
These same people will be disgusted and angry if they ever see someone abusing a dog, a cat or any animal really, yet at the same time they are paying people to abuse millions of animals on their behalf on a daily basis. People are hypocrites.
>>
>>35347620
>being able to make a spear/bow/quantum plasma laser blaster
>still wants to you claws
Trying this hard againts evolution
>>
>>35346497
>Baboumian has been a vegetarian since 2005, and became a vegan in 2011.[1]
>>
Although I hate the stereotypical vegan, when you put any thought at all into it, industrial scale farming it's really hard to defend on any basis.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with eating meat (I wouldn't care if someone hunted their own game) but the problem is factory farming.

My current diet is 90% vegetarian, all my home cooked meals are vego and I do try to take the vego option when I'm out. But if my buddy has his birthday at a steak house, I'm not ordering a salad. I feel like it actually makes me more of a hypocrite desu.

Vastly cheaper and has improved my cooking skills. I don't really miss it either since I was just buying the shit tier quality/cuts of meat anyway, chicken breast, beef mince etc
>>
File: 1391130118444.jpg (35 KB, 302x378) Image search: [Google]
1391130118444.jpg
35 KB, 302x378
>>35346584
>Engineering Memes
>>
>>35352010
Been there, done that
>>
File: 1394765137305.jpg (170 KB, 717x1012) Image search: [Google]
1394765137305.jpg
170 KB, 717x1012
question to all fence-sitters:

Why not just be vegetarian unless someone buys you meat?

That way you're not acting morally superior, you're not wasting food, and you're not buying meat and supporting industrial meat farming?
>>
File: 1437199767034.gif (998 KB, 500x264) Image search: [Google]
1437199767034.gif
998 KB, 500x264
>>35347786
>implying steak isnt the best food
i loved steak before i could even perceive societal pressure
>>
File: 23354363.jpg (15 KB, 300x215) Image search: [Google]
23354363.jpg
15 KB, 300x215
>>35344471
>>
Eat cum. It has lots of protein. fag.
>>
>>35355794
>>35355833
kek what spineless faggots
>>
>>35356328

>fucking vegans, go drink some CUM
>>cum actually isn't vegan as it comes from an animal. you're not vegan though, so you must eat cum, right?
>y-yes... it's my favorite.... yum yum yum....
>>
>>35356353
>want to be in vegan relationship
>partner won't suck my dick
>feels bad
>>
>chickens eat grains
>I eat the chicken
am I a vegetarian?
>>
>>35356339
Going against the way you are bought up and the way society expects you to be, in order to live up to your values is certainly not spineless. Being a vegan is the opposite of spineless.
>>
>>35356412

It's downright... spineful
>>
>>35356412
Is this copy pasta?

TOp fucking kek
>>
>>35347620
>no canines
Retard
>>
Are vegans masochists? They get BTFO every single thread and yet they keep coming back for more.
>>
>>35344542
this, we still need meat but people eat it in excess now.

>>35344471
>vegan
>egg
pick one

or if you're not a complete retard and still eat egg and cheese and such you can still eat cottage cheese and yoghurt.
>>
>>35356393
yes
>>
>>35357364

> we still need meat

People seem to do really well without it.

OP also never said he was vegan.
>>
>>35357378
except that vegetarians need to take vitamin shots every year otherwise they look like pale corpses...in fact, most still look like pale corpses with the shots.
very natural indeed.
humans are still omnivores and we evolved as such
>>
>>35357394
>eating b12 in meat
>eating b12 not in meat

whats the difference.
the b12 in your cow meat comes from b12 shots they have done to the cows.
b12 is bacteria from the soil. We're supposed to just eat out vegetables straight form the ground and get b12 that way. But we don't because eating dirt is yucky.
>>
File: Omnivore.jpg (1 MB, 1265x1302) Image search: [Google]
Omnivore.jpg
1 MB, 1265x1302
>>35357394

Let's not resort to "you're ugly" tier insults, brother.

>humans are still omnivores and we evolved as such

That's true. Problem is, being omnivorous doesn't mean you need to eat meat, or even that you're equally well adapted to eating meat versus plants.
>>
>>35357412
>>35357435
I suppose you're right
but it was thanks to eating meat that we've been able to evolve further. I guess now that there's enough food it's not necessairy anymore.
Vegetarians and expecially vegans do have to watch their nutrients more than meat-eaters though.

Another question, do you guys have anything against animals being brought down in a humane way? Like giving them a good life, ending their lives when they're of age, using all the materials (like leather, fur, meat,bones,...)
>>
>>35357488
fuck all the animals to death idgaf I just want ez abs and no animal hormones in my diet because I just inject human ones.
>>
>>35357488

>Vegetarians and expecially vegans do have to watch their nutrients more than meat-eaters though.

I don't know about that. When a vege/vegan eats poorly and has inadequate nutrition, everyone goes "a-HA" but the average meat eater is even worse off. 97% of Americans don't eat the minimum RDA of fiber. 99% don't meet the minimum for potassium intake. A quarter of the population has a magnesium deficiency. Whatever you eat, you have to make sure you get enough of the nutrients you need while not getting too much of things that are bad for you. Different diets just have different things they need to keep track of. If we look at overall diet quality, a vegan diet naturally scores better than an omnivorous diet, as do other types of vegetarian diets

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24667136

>do you guys have anything against animals being brought down in a humane way? Like giving them a good life, ending their lives when they're of age, using all the materials (like leather, fur, meat,bones,...)

I'm not as huge on the animal welfare issue, but I think saying "humane" when talking about killing animals is a weasely thing to do. You raise a cow until it's about 4 (equivalent of about 18 for a human), and then kill it and chop it into pieces. The word humane doesn't make sense in that context. The definition of humane is "having or showing compassion or benevolence." The humane way to treat an animal then is to pat it on the head and leave it alone, not stab it in the neck and make a lampshade out of its skin.
>>
>>35355053
>vegan is vegetarian short pronounced
Not exact.
>>35355512
>Vegan means no animal products like eggs. Vegetarian means you don't eat meat.
Not exact.

There is some misunderstandings (since the dawn of times 2bh) about what is a "vegetarian" diet.
A "vegetarian" diet (no strings attached) is the diet adopted by vegans and by some non-vegans.

A **lacto-ovo-vegetarian** diet is a vegetarian diet plus milk, eggs and animal by-products.

Being "vegan" is not just following a diet. It has an impact on more than just dieting. Being "vegan" means you wear no leathers (not even a belt) or silk, and, for example, you don't use soaps made from tallow. A vegan rejects the principle that animals are a commodity, they tend to be more environment conscious and they track their carbon footprint, they refrain and despise not just the killing of animals (if unnecessary) but even animal testing and any activity that treats animals without respect..

So. If we are referring to just the "diet", it would be more correct to use the term "vegetarian".
Obviously, there has always been an ambivalence between the two kind of "vegetarian" diet. If one said he was vegetarian even before veganism become mainstream, most non-vegetarians would have wrongly assumed he was eating cheese and eggs. Only lacto-ovo (or "ovo-lacto") vegetarians do that.

Given that vegans are also "strict vegetarians", the term "vegan" has become a synonym for the diet - at least, for the ingenuous masses. But honestly there are a lot of "vegans" who are just following the "strict vegetarian diet" for health reasons (or because it's mainstream) and could not care less about the "empathy" with the animals. This cause some further misunderstanding about the whole ethics and behaviour of this new "dietary vegans".

As a result, "vegetarianism" is now perceived as if it always includes milk and eggs, and that's wrong.
>>
>>35344634
Do you understand anything at all about resources?
>>
>>35347620
>no claws or canines
>no primal instinct

How retarded can you get? Just think for one god damn second. Do you have ANY primal instincts? Besides reproduction, obviously, otherwise no species would fucking exist.

And if we don't have claws or canines then how do we kill other people, let alone big animals??? If only we were smart enough to come up with some sort of killing device.
>>
>>35344471
I love how vegans and vegetarians and other faggots always talk about saving the cute little chickens and cows and piglets. They don't give two shits about fish because they aren't cute.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.