[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stallin on power cleans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: how_to_power_clean.jpg (145 KB, 620x445) Image search: [Google]
how_to_power_clean.jpg
145 KB, 620x445
What the fuck is this shit, /fit/? I am doing SS and my power cleans are stalling even though my other lifts are progressing. I know power cleans are more dependant on genetics but surely they wouldn't stall on 55 fucking kilograms?
>>
>power cleans
>genetics
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>35342597

Explosiveness relies a lot on genetics.
>>
>>35342626
More to do with fast twitch fibres
>>
>>35342556
Your form is bad
>>
>>35342746

Whatever.

What do I do? How the fuck can I stall on 55 kg?
>>
Have you deloaded?
>>
>>35342759
Have you tried gittin guud?
>>
>>35342556
>genetics
born with 1 leg?
Try hang cleans, I'm sure you fail the transition from the first to the second pull.
>>
>>35342556
You can develop fast twitch muscles bud. Power clean is more than genetic.
>>
Practice technique, your technique is probably shit

Keep the bar close to your body, learn to fully extend

Start with hang cleans, then practice power shrugs, then put the two together

Consider some kind of circuit training with light hang cleans if you are too retarded to teach yourself, your body will adapt to the most efficient movement. But this is unnecessary if you can teach yourself properly
>>
>>35342556
I know the deal op. Would have to power clean in high school for football and while my other lifts would go up, cleans would progress slowly. By the end of my freshmen year I'd get 170lb, end of sophomore year 200lb, and I think my max ever in high school was 220. A lot of my class mates were getting up to 270 or 280 even. Wierd because my bench was better than most
>>
>>35342845
Should've included high pulls (with focus on keeping the bar close) in the third line
>>
>>35342802
He didn't say exclusively genetics, retard.
>>
>>35342556
Here is what you do:
Go to /OWG/
Download (or buy :^)) and read Greg Everetts' complete guide to olympic weightlifting
Follow every step in the clean tutorial
Lift weight
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.