[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get into wearing weighted gear?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
I want to start wearing weighted gear, but I don't really have an idea what to do. What should I start with? What should I get? Is there anything that isn't going to look goofy/draw attention to me when I wear it? Is sand-filled the way to go? Because I wanted to do sand-filled. Lastly, and somewhat off-topic, is there a martial art that lets me use my elbows a lot for strikes? I feel like a lot of people wouldn't expect someone to use their elbows, so if I had to defend myself it would be good for catching my attackers off guard. That sounds a lot more autistic written out than in my head, but I'm gonna ask it anyway.
>>
main problem with wearing bulky black gear is that people will think you are a school shooter and you will get arrested
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-22-12-53-25.png (465 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-22-12-53-25.png
465 KB, 1080x1920
>>35337152
Weighted gear will fuck up your joints just from walking around... Not viable
Try muai thai (elbows knees and a fuckload of kicking)
>>
>>35337307
I'm not worried about that, but thank S for the concern, anon. I just need a little help getting started, is all.

>>35337477
Will it really? I guess that makes sense, now that I think about it, since being fat will do that to you, too. Muai Thai, huh? Isn't there a higher risk of serious injury when learning that, or is that just a rumor?
>>
>>35337522
I imagine you as being moderately fat with a peach fuzz neckbeard playing CoD all day thinking about how fit you are and how you could kick anyone's ass because reasons while you survive off of Mountain Dew eating Mac and cheese with hotdogs cut up for protein
>>
>>35337152
Weights on your appendages? Hoho bad idea. You gon' get arthritis before 40.
>>
I feel like this is all mom science in here. How would weighted clothing mess up your joints? If a person can be 400lbs and healthy, I don't see how a much lighter person strapping something like 50lbs on themselves would do anything other than allow the person to feel more like the weight they really are.
>>
File: 1450389127534.jpg (26 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
1450389127534.jpg
26 KB, 367x500
>>35337152
>need to be faster
>gotta be explosive
>catch attackers off guard
>>
>>35337838
i imagine that whoever that kid is, he must feel a whirlwind of regret, despair, and ultimately gratitude that his face isn't visible in that photo.

like his shame is in plain sight but maybe people don't know that's *him*.

sorry for the digression.
>>
>>35337813
b8
>>
>>35337719
I'm like 6'3" and ~170-180lbs. I don't own a Call of Duty game. I can't enjoy soda anymore, except for the occasional Dr. Pepper, root beer, or Cheerwine. Cheese constipates the fuck out of me, and for protein I like chicken.

>>35337775
I just won't do it, then. Fuck arthritis.

>>35337813
I think it might depend on where the weight is attached. I've read, after a brief google search, that a backpack is alright. That could be total bullshit, though.
>>
>>35337908
You could try a weighted vest. I know that after every game, hockey veteran Jaromir Jagr puts on a 50lb vest and does an hour of extra skating. Despite being about 25 years older than the youngest players in the NHL, he still manages to have the endurance to play the game, although he's not nearly as fast as he was in the 90s.

>2013 Stanley Cup finals, game 1
>game goes to triple overtime
>everyone is tired, playing slow as shit
>except Jagr
>still going at same speed he was at the start of the game
>Bruins still lost
>god damn our power play sucked that year
>>
>>35337152
Real life is not fucking anime. You WILL fuck up your joints if you try this.
>>
Don't get fitness advice from Anime
>>
>>35339533
>squats are bad for your knees

Sound familiar? Hell be fine.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.