[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/, Can you recommend any good apps for someone that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1450188022676.jpg (211 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450188022676.jpg
211 KB, 750x1000
Sup /fit/,

Can you recommend any good apps for someone that wants to start running, preferably one that lets me listen to my own music while giving me instructions? I fuck around a little bit at home with bodyweight and dumbbells, but I really need to get back to the gym as well. Have had a gym subscription before, but because of circumstances I had to give that up after a few months (The results were satisfying). I'm motivated enough to get going again, I just need some advice.
>>
Anyone?
>>
File: 1447413628242.jpg (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447413628242.jpg
32 KB, 250x250
>>35336958
no tits, no hips, most likely no ass and burnt like a lobster 2/10, would not bang.
>>
>>35336958
I can't recommend anything yet but i'll check out a few. Android, windows, or iphone?
>>
>>35336958
Giving instructions?

I use the Nike running app, the red one with the white tick. This app just calculates your distance and you can adjust its feedback, I have mine to relay back to me every km I complete, total time and overall pace eg 5km completed, time; 23min21seconds, average pace; 4min40 per km.

Is this what you mean by instruction? It also lets you just play music through your phone, lets you choose a power song that you can quickly select when you're on the home stretch but I never really use that feature.

If you have a phone download it and get an arm band if your phone is a fat fuck like mine and will bounce around in your pocket all day.
>>
>>35336958
Endomondo
>>
>>35337164

android, and thanks anon
>>
>>35337190

More like instruction on how to start, if that makes any sense. Someone told me they had an app that would tell them when to start running and then gave instructions on when they could rest and walk a little bit. Basically an app to motivate you and guide a total running noob to getting started without overexhausting yourself/your muscles/tendons and whatnot. I know so many people that have injuries from running that I'm a bit cautious about how I should do this.
>>
>>35337298
pussy
>>
>>35337311

thanks for the bump, anon
>>
>>35337291
HIIT - interval training timer by Caynax(I had to search for the developer to find it) seems to be pretty good. Intervals up to about 3 minutes, workouts up to 15-20, and my music still plays while the app is talking.
>>
File: image.png (566 KB, 773x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.png
566 KB, 773x1920
>>35337298
Oh. Search up couch to 5k, a simple program designed to get you going from a fat lazy fuck to running 5k without stopping. Whether or not there's an app that tells you to start and stop I don't know but it's a basic plan that you honestly can't fuck up. Memorize the pattern you're to do for the day (eg 2min run, 1.5mjn walk, repeat x8) and just use a stop watch of sorts.

If you're not fat as fat ass though you should progress much faster than the program and in that case just listen to your body. Run when you can then take a break. Keep looking to run for longer and further then eventually you'll running non stop. I found that once I was able to run 5km without stopping all other distances came naturally without stopping as well, something about breaking that 5km barrier allowed me to just run indefinitely (though speeds weren't amazing the further I went).

Ignore the animeshit, only image I could get. Also I think there's an app for this program
>>
>>35337298
C25k on the Play Store is what you're looking for. Also mentioned by this anon here >>35337390
>>
>>35337360
>>35337390
>>35337457

Great, thanks a lot guys!
>>
Is there even a reason to run if you're fat?
So way in hell a fat person will be able to progress the same way a skinny one will.
>>
>>35337608
how fat? running might be too hard on a sufficiently fat person's joints. walking + dietary changes to start off with might be a better bet?
>>
>>35337608
A fat person can run on an epileptical as you don't actually move your feet, or they could bike or swim. A fat person can in some cases progress faster than a thinner person but they have to put in an equal if not greater effort all the same.
>>
Sup /fit/ I decided to start running today and I run 2km in 12 minutes. is 6min/km any good? That's like 9 minutes per mile I think. First time doing outdoor running in years.

Also I tried strava but I like listening to music and when strava speak I can't hear shit. Any app that let's me listen to music and then pauses or lowers the volume when it announces the km or whatever?

Pic related the park I ran
>>
>>35337608
>>35339564
I'm this guy and I weigh 100 kg. From 120. Make sure you strike right and don't land on your heel or start hitting the ground hard. That will fuck you up. Hit with your forefoot so your let acts like a spring. It's easier on the joint that way. At least for me.
>>
>>35337885
How fat we talking for "should probably start with something else" fat?
>>
>>35337067
I wouldn't mind a bj from her, has a nice face after all.
>>
>>35337291
This desu OP
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nike.plusgps&hl=en_GB&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dplay+store+nike+running&pcampaignid=APPU_1_msp5Vp7RCcXSUdbUg3g
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.