[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to become a SoCal fireman just for the 'front
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
File: lafd1.jpg (82 KB, 640x326) Image search: [Google]
lafd1.jpg
82 KB, 640x326
I'm trying to become a SoCal fireman just for the 'front of the newspaper' photo ops and Six figure income. (EMT, College educated, Clean Record, ACLS, PALS, PEARS, HazMat, Rope Tech Certs)

I'm currently undergoing a background investigation with the department (Already passed interview), if everything goes well, I will be in the fire academy in June/July.

What is the best way to get in the greatest shape possible for the fire academy? Would Army/Marine BT regimines be worth looking into? I'm confused since I know police academies are all just running and pushups, but Fire is running and pushups while carrying 80-100 lbs of PPE and equipment, while running up and down fire escapes and cutting line on hillsides. What is the best workout to maintain muh gains while building stamina/endurance?
>>
>>35335364
>six figure salary
"In Los Angeles, California the median Fire Fighter salary is $43,646 with a range usually between $32,735-$54,558."
>>
Couch to 5k is a good start
>>
>>35335372
it's ok, you get great retirement benefits if you work for them for over 20 or 30 fucking years
>>
>>35335372
>'front of the newspaper'

Im pretty sure the 'front of the newspaper' implied sarcasm, but seriously LAFD starting firefighter is $66,000. Add an extra $15,000 a year for Paramedic Cert, another $5,000 for bilingual bonus, and x1.5 for overtime, easily over $90k a year starting.
>>
>>35335364
>Firefighter
Start eating ice cream and get your table tennis game together, you'll be golden.
>>
>>35335391

> How much does a Fire Fighter in Los Angeles, CA make? The median annual Fire Fighter salary in Los Angeles, CA is $47,854 with a range usually between $35,891-$59,818.
>>
>>35335391
yeah, looking at LA city figures instead of LA county it's pretty nice and has some good benefits. However, it can be pretty dangerous and take a toll on you.
>>
>>35335418
No shit, Median is the key word.

You could start in Beverly Hills Fire with $80,000 a year

You could start in Angeles Natl Forest, Cal city fire, or any one station department in So Cal making $10.00 an hour.
>>
>>35335412
why do we play so much fucking table tennis?
>>
From JoinLAFD.org

>SALARY
>$60,552 - $88,426 - Effective June 28, 2015
>Recruits will receive full pay during Academy training. A bilingual bonus may be available.
>>
>>35335457
Because the lining on the pool table is all torn up and no one wants to fix it.
>>
>>35335472
goddam you're actually right..
>>
>>35335472
Do you guys keep a track of the score between callouts?

We started playing shuttlecock in the engine bay.

shit is cash.
>>
Real talk can someone help me with my workout here? I don't really care about celery.
>>
Please? Anyone? b0ss?
>>
>>35335572

Just HIIT it and quit it,
>>
>>35335364
The general consensus here is to implement cardio. I guess that's what we got to do
>>
>6 digit figures
>first digit is actually zero

kek
>>
Justin?
>>
>>35335835
>Justin
>Ethan
>Nathan
>Michael

Honestly, if you live in southern california, you're white, come from an upper middle class family, and are athletic, chances are you are trying to be a firefighter.

And no, I'm not you "lifting buddy" Justin
>>
>>35335874

You're the Justin that works at CARE aren't you?
>>
>>35335882
No, I'm your other faggot wanna be fire fighter friend that works at McCormick
>>
>>35335892

I'm calling bullshit. You work in dispatch at CARE.
>>
>>35335899
Bru, Im latino and I live in the ghetto in Van Nuys (#LoganHeights) For the last fucking time i am not your butt buddy Justin. Go back to Orange County and go eat some OCFA ass while making $9/hour at Care knowing that within a year you will lose all LA County EOA Contracts you have to AMR.
>>
>>35335915

I work at Hoag in the ED, not at care. I prefer not to love off of McDonald's and doritos.

But nice try Justin
>>
>>35335922
Text your friend Justin right now and ask him if he even knows what 4chan is.
>>
>>35335951

I don't even have your number and I've never even met you.
>>
>>35335951

OH WAIT you're Anthony not justin
>>
>'front of the newspaper' photo ops

lol

dude, you don't want this

if you ever get on the paper everyone on your squad expects you to buy them donuts

i'm not shitting you that's how it works
>>
>six figure salary

I stopped reading there. You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>35337535

And EMT PALS PEARS and ALCS aren't shit and you'll never use them. EMT is especially useless.

This is coming from a guy with all those certs but also including LPN (I work in an ER).
I got all my certs and nursing license for free through the army.
If you want money reserve 68C (Licensed Practical Nurse) is the way to go. Starting salary is 20+ per hour, and there's easy 1 year bridge programs to 2 year RN.
>>
How fucked am I with a record to get into fire? I have one string to pull, maybe two. Going to emt school first
>>
>>35337517
>not celebrating with your m8s

donuts and beers all around u faggot
>>
>>35337644
What I'm really asking is, is there anyone you know that got through with a record?
>>
>>35335364
i doubt your going to make 6 figures on your first job. this is what every single person from my engineering degree think
>yea bro im gonna get a graduate position and im just gonna make 6 figures or my first job
yea nah
>>
>>35337723
No. Enjoying working construction
>>
>>35337535
You should of realized that 'Front of the newspaper' and six figure salary were sarcasm you fucking retard.

>And EMT PALS PEARS and ALCS aren't shit and you'll never use them. EMT is especially useless.

Fire academy and Paramedic will both take roughly 6-8 months to complete, all of my current certs took like a day, why pass up the opportunity? I know they don't mean shit, theyre a resume booster.
>>
>>35337723
I know for a fact that in Hollywood there is an LAFD captain who was a former gang member. His face is covered in tattoos. And he's a captain. He was hired purely for the PR, if it wasn't for the "Look, we turned a gangster to the good side!" He would have never gotten hired.

Misdemeanors you can get away with if they were a long time ago and you can convince your investigator that you were a different person back then. Felony? NOPE, not a chance. Goodbye.
>>
>>35337553
>EMT is especially useless.

>"A valid EMT certificate is required prior to hire. Candidates must provide proof of an EMT certification by the time all test parts have been successfully completed to be certified or deemed eligible for hiring consideration."

Its kinda a requirement retard
>>
Do I have any hope of becoming a firefighter if I am 5'6"
How tall are firefighters on average
>>
>>35340727
Height does not matter, they do check your BMI and measure your body fat percentage
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.