[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to deal with very competitive, egotistical person?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 51m2yp_y1zL.jpg (61 KB, 497x500) Image search: [Google]
51m2yp_y1zL.jpg
61 KB, 497x500
I'm living with someone who always has to have the upper hand. He's tall, handsome, brings back a new girl every week, superficially charming, and supremely confident. I'm an introvert and I feel like he's trying to control me (puts his hand on me when talking, makes subtle jabs, doesn't listen to my stories). He hasn't done anything wrong but I feel like he's always trying to dominate any conversation. How to deal with these kinds of people?
>>
File: anon.gif (2 MB, 330x204) Image search: [Google]
anon.gif
2 MB, 330x204
Animals only understand fear and force
>>
Don't ever get angry. Get play angry.

do things like getting extremely aggressive, calling him a dumbass faggot with a almost ridiculous tone

then go buddy buddy and be like. "I see you got your hair cut. looks good."

itll fuck with him
>>
>>35328276
>jelly
stop being so envious of your roommate just because he's better than you. instead, you could use this opportunity and learn how to be more confident and dominant.
>>
>>35328276
Learn everything you can from him and start applying it to yourself. Then maybe you will achieve some degree of success in our society. I'd say first step would be to stop browsing and posting on this board. Now go and stop being a faggot.
>>
You definately need to be more agressive and you should try to take better care of your appearance. If you're struggling with your looks there are plenty websites that might be able to give you guidance.
>>
Stop interacting with him, he's your roommate not your boyfriend you fucking queerbait. Start putting eyedrops in his liquor, it will cause intense vomiting and diarrhea.
If he talks to you hiss at him like a komodo dragon, grow your nails out so if he touches you scratch him like a dragon. Mark your territory, pick a spot in the house and put your bed there, start pissing and shitting in your territory to cement your claim to it. His alpha male status should be faltering at this point, every morning you must leave your territory to shit and piss somewhere else in the house, try to go further from your dragons nest each time.
Once you claim at least 65% of the house he should be driven off.

You are an alpha male buck dragon now man, fucking enjoy it.
>>
>>35328276
he's just more alpha than you

git gud
>>
phenibut and modafinil
>>
>>35328276
Sounds more like you're the competitive person and you're mad you're getting rekt,
>>
>>35328346
Just got into this thread and already read the right answer. As someone who's been this person, and have had to deal with this person, this is THE answer. You have to cut at his ego with small jabs while being still a cool dude.
>>
>>35328276
>>35330636

ALSO, you should thank you're lucky stars you have someone to learn from. He has knowledge that you must aquire. Use this time to better yourself and become as good as him. Become his friend by doing really nice things for him, gain his respect by not being a little bitch and neg his ass
>>
Accept that he's better than you for the moment and work on yourself until you're his equal. Be a true friend, wish him the best and learn from him. And if his jabs bothers you too much, just tell him straight up.

Or you can be a petty little cunt and play some powergame fueled by your insecurity.
>>
>>35328538
Id have to agree
>>
>>35328276
>makes subtle jabs,
You might be right but I worry I'm like this sometimes. I even had a nightmare about it. You probs just have to tell him it bothers you instead of turning it into a dick measuring contest. You'll lose a dick measuring contest anyway
>>
undermine his confidence, publically
>>
"If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."

"Practice non-ado and everything will be in order."

Become still and empty inside. Eat. Lift. Sleep. Repeat. There is no game. You are not losing.
>>
>>35328276
You either are a dominant person or you are not. Can't really change much about it because genes.
Just like you can't do shit about height.
>>
>>35332201
>genes decide very specifically learned behaviors

When will the gene meme die?
>>
>>35332628
Never
>>
>>35332628
People always try to absolve themselves from sin. First it was god, then it was race, then it was genes. Next thing will be "my brain connections just are this way and I can't change it".
>>
>>35332201
Really isn't genes, if anything it's learned behaviour from a young age.

It can be fixed.
>>
>>35332201
this >>35332681
>>
File: 1450389127534.jpg (26 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
1450389127534.jpg
26 KB, 367x500
>>35328346
>extremely aggressive
>>
File: n2jyIBM.jpg (298 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
n2jyIBM.jpg
298 KB, 1920x1200
All Americans will be 10/10 master race once Trump gets elected
>>
>>35332628
>>35332681
You can't just change your character though. Even if you learned to behave differently you probably won't be taken serious since it goes against your character.
I'm just saying that some people have better communicative skills and you can improve yourself up to a certain degree but you will never be really charismatic or whatever if it doesn't come naturally to you.
>>
>>35332801
>You can't just change your character though.

Neither of us said anything close to that.
>>
>>35332801
Can you say you've always been the same person?

For example, a person goes from skeleton to ripped and takes up boxing - it's reasonable to assume that he'd become significantly less reserved as he becomes less scared of shit going south.

And honestly, even without that, you gotta steer manually for a while then autopilot takes over.
>>
>>35332812
Well being dominant is part of ones character right?

>>35332820
I agree with you but what I'm trying to say is that it is hard for someone who is introvert to really compare to a guy who has a natural way with words. No matter how hard you try to be dominant if you don't have the natural gift (genes) you will never be it.
>>
>>35332888
I'd say it's similar to physical fitness. It takes work, it takes a change in lifestyle, but then it becomes natural.

In my experience most people who 'filter' themselves constantly are afraid of something. Introspection and honesty are the best way to resolve it.
>>
>>35328346
That's girly
>>
>>35332801
>you can't change your character
Yes you can, you literal retard. It's called coniditioned.

You're getting heated up over predispositions, assuming that predispositions = identity.

Anyone can change. Somebody is alpha alpha dominant as fuck? Have them tied up, torture them and beat them, and the result is you have a broken human being of no confidence.
>>
>>35328366

this

if hes way better looking than you, well theres not much you can do

but you can match his alpha confidence and bring back girls on your own. Basically just stop being an autist.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.