[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I get a better physique with only bodyweight and cardio?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_1244.jpg (254 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1244.jpg
254 KB, 960x1280
Can I get a better physique with only bodyweight and cardio? I'm 28, 5'11 and like 170lbs, which is above average weight for my height but I think I look skinny as shit above the waist. Any specific programs I should be looking at? I've tried going to the gym but the whole gymbro atmosphere is intimidating and discouraging as fuck. I think I can be much more consistent if I could do all of my workouts from home. Getting stronger isn't even necessarily my goal, I just want to look better. Basically just want to be ottermode. Also is 28 too late to start and expect any meaningful results?
>>
I'd you don't have the determination to do weights at the gym, no way you can do any meaningful bodyweight exercises. If you don't like your gym, find a new one, but more than likely you never went to one for more than 10 minutes and are saying that as an excuse to be lazy, because gyms are only "gymbro" in movies and tv shows
>>
>>35327864
Better? Sure. But you'll still be pretty skinny.
Best to just pay for a gym membership bro
>>
>>35328024
Actually I've tried going to lots of different gyms in the last 10 years. College gym, big national chain gym, a more niche weightlifting gym. They all sucked.

I just feel like absolute shit working out in a place where I'm literally the weakest person there. It's fucking humiliating. That's the reason why I always stopped going after a few weeks every time.

I would have much more motivation to work out if there was some routine I could do in the privacy of my home.
>>
>>35328077
Noone gives a shit if your weak, we all started as the weakest person in the gym. Don't even worry about it I pay NO fucking attention if someone's lifting light weight.
>>
>>35328111
Also my trips are the truth
>>
>>35328077
why would it be humiliating, the only way people will notice you is if you do something stupid.

No one cares about what you are lifting, almost everyone in the gym has image problems and they are more bothered about themselves.

Just use everyone around you as a portal to what you can look like if you stay with it.
>>
>>35327864
>Can I get a better physique with only bodyweight and cardio?
Yes.

>Any specific programs I should be looking at?

http://www.startbodyweight.com/2014/01/basic-routine-infographic-poster.html
Above is an infographic with progressive calisthenic exercises.

And /fit/ wiki says http://rosstraining.com/blog/never-gymless/ and http://www.dragondoor.com/b28/ are worth looking into.

>gymbro atmosphere is intimidating and discouraging as fuck.
Gyms can be intimidating at first. Iirc Lou Ferrigno said that it was even intimidating for him when he first started going to the gym. But you'll never get over it unless you actually go there, and trust me, you'll get over it.

There are a lot of reasons that weight training is more ideal than bodyweight, especially for getting bigger, so it'd probably be better just to go anyways and try to stop caring.

> is 28 too late to start and expect any meaningful results?
No. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBkeUO_Wy8I

Also, if your really want to get ottermode, why not just start swimming, it's cardio and strength training without the gym atmosphere.
>>
>>35327864
>>35328077
>Waaah, it's so intimidating and hard, boo hoo"
Lmao you are 28 years old you fucking baby. Grow up.
>>
>>35328219
>try to stop caring
I've tried but I can't stop myself from feeling like shit when I'm clearly the most inferior person in the whole gym.

>why not just start swimming
I actually never learned how to swim.

Thanks though, those links look really useful.
>>
>>35328291
It's definitely a mindset thing, but I mean..

A swimming coach is an option, you'll have a similar issue where you're the worst swimmer but you'll always be bad when you start out at anything.
>>
>>35328236
With this kind of attitude, I can see why he would be intimidated.

>>35328291
My experience may be a bit different since I go to a college gym and most people here started as skinny nerds, but people are super chill about that kind of thing. Nobody's going to make fun of you or think less of you because you're weak, because they all remember a time when they were like that, and they know the effort it takes to start.
>>
File: image.jpg (1003 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1003 KB, 2448x2448
Yes. I've been doing bwf for about 2.5 months and here's a pic of my physique. Nothing incredible, but definitely decent.

I'm 6'0, 160
>>
>>35329429
Do people actually take pictures 2 months into their programs now? Do you at least have a before picture?
>>
>>35329480
No but if I could describe it it would be no vascularity, higher bf, and worse hair. I was skinnyfat with no abs.
>>
>>35329429
Can you post your workout routine?
>>
>>35329671
https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine/

I also add some grip training in. I use a wrist roller, a sledge hammer, and some grippers
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.