[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pectus Excavatum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 242x264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 242x264
It is getting worse and hurts if I sleep on my side or have bad posture.

It is quite mild compared to most but still evident. Anyone had similar experiences?

It's similar as pic related
>>
File: 1446162667134.jpg (139 KB, 600x645) Image search: [Google]
1446162667134.jpg
139 KB, 600x645
Try not to slump or do sedentary activities for shorter periods of time. Keep shoulders pinned back at a comfortable level. I find that sleeping on my back has gotten easier since I built up a little muscle.
>>
>>35323143
gibe de pusi b0ss
>>
>>35323143
pusi pls b0sss
>>
>>35323077
I has it.

Feels bad, man.
>>
>>35323077
How old are you? What do you do for a living and do you work out? It could be getting worse but I think it's more likely that it's poor posture/paying attention to it.

If it's mild, lift. It won't fix it but having muscles takes attention away from it. If it's worse, still lift but it really sucks. I had a severe case that pushed on my heart and lungs a little and opted for the surgery. If that's the case, think long and hard about surgery because it sucks arse and you have to carry a bar(s) in you for 2+ years and even then it won't look perfect/regress and you'll have scars. I had mine in for 4 years but looks 90% better than what it was.
>>
>>35323077
Just be glad you don't have PC (pectus carinatum). At least your deformity can be hidden by a shirt.
>>
>>35324425
There's a newer procedure where the bar only remains in you for 6 months and you get this sick scar on the front of your chest.
>>
>>35323077
I have it OP. Good conversation starter, but how do I shave the base of the hole? Also, does anyone know how to tell if it's inhibiting breathing/heart?
>>
>>35323077
why do i just think the solution is to just keep puffing out your chest every morning, or something like that?

did you all ever do that as children?
>>
>>35323143
gibe de pusi b0ss
>>
>>35324456
Heard something about that not to long ago but only for younger patients. Haven't heard anything about it for older patients although it would be amazing if it worked for them too.
>>
>>35323143
gibe de pusi b0ss
>>
>>35324550
I got it when I was 16 and I think the cut-off is 18. Doesn't the larger bar not work for anyone above 18 either though?
>>
>>35324570
I've heard stories of guys in their 30's and 40's who had Nuss procedure and have it work pretty good. I was 22 when I had mine put in, out at 26 and no problems, some regression so it looks like I have mild pectus but way, way better than it was
>>
>>35324425
how long after surgery can you start lifting? I've been lifting for a few months now and my PE still looks pre shit but i feel like it's actually physically effecting me now. I'm getting pain more often and a tight chest/shortness of breath feeling. strongly considering surgery.
>>
>>35324757
After I had the bar put in, around 3 months but took it pretty easy for 1.5 months. Getting the bar out, 2 months and started to get really get back into it by the 3 month mark. If you're having that problem, go to the doc and get some tests done (I think it was CT scan, x-ray and lung function tests) to see how bad it is and if it's causing any problems.
I'd definitely recommend heading over to http://www.pectusinfo.com/board/ . Some good info on there about pectus excavatum/carinatum, what your options are and other peoples experiences. I had the Nuss procedure but another guy mentioned a newer procedure that may be better/more viable. Do a lot of research, talk to your doc and read other peoples experiences before doing anything. Best of luck bro.
>>
I have cartilage in the middle of my chest. It's a fat bump, can't imagine having a caved in chest.
>>
>>35323077
I have it. Mine is less noticeable after gaining ~80 pounds
>>
>>35324836
thanks a lot senpai. will do
>>
Gibe de pusi b0ss
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.