[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /fit/, I just took my vitamins (150% vitamin C, 150% D3,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: men-dry-skin.jpg (67 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
men-dry-skin.jpg
67 KB, 600x400
Okay /fit/, I just took my vitamins (150% vitamin C, 150% D3, 100% E, 100% A, 300% B6, 200% Zinc) then went over my face for 5 minutes with a .5 mm derma roller, then applied a vitamin C serum, and finally after that was absorbed into my skin, a moisturizer with retinol, vitamin E, green tea and hyaluronic acid.

I certainly feel like Patrick Bateman, but will I be feeling any positive results from this regime 2-4 weeks down the line?

Post skin questions & tips ITTT
>>
>>35319052
Where did you get this regimen from?
>>
>>35319052

How many mg of zinc is that and what kind?
>>
>>35319068
my own research

>>35319089
30mg, Aspartate
>>
>>35319052
I take retinol a pills and they seem to do the trick.
Watch out they, get too much on your lady friend and if she gets pregnant major baby deformity.
>>
>>35319154
Retional pills? Never heard of that
>>
Go back to salo, faggot
>>
>>35319052
So what prodcuts did you use esactly? Pics?
>>
>>35320117
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012Q4M3DO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015ORL3B8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016U5B4NA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
>>
>>35319052
How do I take care of my skin? Sparse acne, and I only ever wash it in the shower and at morning.
>>
Do the same thing but instead of putting on moisturizer at night put on retin a. It is the only the only thing proven to prevent wrinkles so youll look young forever. Use the moisturizer during the day
>>
>>35322334
nvm I see your moisurizer has a retinol
>>
>>35319052

Skin sorceress here.

Don't use the roller every day, in fact, maybe 1-2 times a week only. Also try out a toner before the serum.
>>
>>35322315

Wash with a mild cleanser that has absolutely 0 irritants. Use a non-alcohol toner and then retinyl palimate sparingly. Finish with moisturizer.

Avoid shit like coconut oil and jobaba oil in ingredients- terrible for acne
>>
>>35322343

The retinol in the moisturizer is most likely a small amount.

Alternate days of using a high % retinol palimate product with high % vitamin c product. If you are 25+ go to a derm for more powerful retinol once you start using the OTC retinol for 6 months to a year
>>
>>35319198
Accutane is the oral form of Retin-A, prescription retinoic acid. OTC retinols are a different, but related, thing and are not as strong.

For what it's worth, my experience with a heavy Rx regime for acne (6 scrips, 3 topical, 3 oral) has taught me that it takes much, much more than a few months to see long lasting changes in the skin. My doc and derm warned me it would take up to a couple years, and I'm just now seeing some real change after about 8 months.
>>
>>35324003
Cool, can I find all this at just a regular store?
>>
>>35324139

Yep, or for the most part. I recommend researching ingredients online first!
>>
Any suggestions for a basic moisturizer that won't leave my skin greasy? I've tried Nivea creme, cetaphil, cerave, aveeno... I'm on accutane if that helps with suggestions.
>>
>>35324743
>Typically creams are thicker than lotions. Creams usually are better moisteruizers than lotions, but some individuals claim that the creams cause acne because of their thickness. Another complaint is that the cream does not absorb in the skin as well and can make the skin look more shiny than when using a lotion. I am not certain about CeraVe products, but this is general info on creams and lotions.

So I guess I am looking for a lotion rather than a cream. Any suggestions?
>>
File: jj-1385_1z.jpg (117 KB, 602x1600) Image search: [Google]
jj-1385_1z.jpg
117 KB, 602x1600
>>35324767
Expensive af but it works.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 588x517) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 588x517
>>35325283
>Expensive
>>
>>35319052

You forgot to apply your BF's cum.
>>
>>35324743
Skin on the face is more sensitive than skin on the body. The moisturizers you mentioned are more so for the body. Although I use Cerave on my face and find it is non-greasy. I use a plant based moisturizer/mask every night(along with many other things for my skincare routine, I don't take vitamins). It is similar to the aloe gel you can buy for sunburn. I would honestly try using a gel as a moisturizer. Neutrogena oil-free face lotion is scent free and non-greasy but I find it doesn't do a very good job at hydrating my skin. Obviously since you are on Accutane you should be drinking a lot of water, and since you are on Accutane I would speak to a doctor about some recommendations. They might put you on a type of steroid cream. Steroid cream is the shit, my friend has eczema and has let me use her prescribed lotion and it is amazing. My skin peels under my eyes/cheeks and on my forehead during the winter and this winter (although less blistery and cold than last year) my skin has been the best its been in years. I used to get horrible cystic acne all over my chin, cheek and forehead area. I also pick incessantly at my skin, and I find using a plant based moisturizer better for my skin than Cerave/Neutrogena and any other drugstore brand.
tl;dr try using a plant based product such as something from Peter Thomas Roth's line, expensive but totally worth the money.(I use all of dem)
>>
Rebels Refinery Cleanser + Scrub
Cetaphil facial moisturiser with fps15
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.