[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non-lifting /fit/izens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (295 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295 KB, 1000x1000
Roll call. I know you don't lift but you hangout on /fit/ all the time.

How long have you been on /fit/?
When are you going to start lifting?
Why haven't you been lifting?
>>
>>35314116
Since 2012
Started in 2012
Because I just got out of rehab and I've been smoking a lot. Gonna start back up soon. The gains are callin' me.
>>
>>35314137
>gonna start back up soon

Nevergunnamakeit
>>
I've been coming to /fit/ for about 5 years now. I mainly participate in fat hate and manlet hate threads.

Threads about lifting avises, routines or whatnot, I simply skip em.
>>
Couple of weeks.
Mysterious back pain that won't let me lift. At least for a little while until I figure it out.
>>
Since 2013
I already do some bw exercises
I just check pics of hot males and wank
>>
Came to fit late 2014.I stopped 6 months ago after my ex made it seem like she wanted to get back together. We fucked once and she just stopped talking to me. I lost all motivation and slipped back to skellytown.
>>
>>35314513
Fuck that hoe, get buff and revenge fuk sloots
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46 KB, 620x400
>>35314267
>>
used to lift for about 2 years, had gainz, made it etc.

moved to new country. didn't lift for 2 years. stayed fit by playing team sports though. now i'm skelly for first time in my life, which feels kinda good. get lots of attention because of facial aesthetics, but i'm about to hit the gym again so i can start physically dominating in the sports gain, instead of just being skilled.

it's actually harder being smaller when there's some fat guy who just wants to rhino charge through to the basket. plus i literally just bounce off of them when i'm defending them. it's a feel i haven't felt before
>>
Does it count of i lift but look dyel?
>>
File: 1409792598206.jpg (68 KB, 477x477) Image search: [Google]
1409792598206.jpg
68 KB, 477x477
>>35314267

You are the cancer.
>>
>>35314116
Open heart surgery in september. Been doing just cardio since while my sternum heals up. Gonna try starting light and building up from Jan
>>
File: 1448805263884.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
1448805263884.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
>>35314116
>tfw I'm swole as fuck and pretend to be a dyel newfriend
>>
>>35314116
>how long
started visiting this board consistently around beginning of 2014 maybe?
>when will you start?
when i am able to eat what i want, as much as i want, as often as i want (that is to say, when i have my own income)
>why haven't you been?
when i'm in school, i have been - school board and school gym are great - but i burned out of school early this year and don't yet have plans to return. my parents are both skeletons and i am also a skeleton, and given that they're letting me stay with them for no rent i can't justify eating their food at the level that i was eating in college. was around 3900kcal/day in school; is probably around 1600-1800 right now. also gym membership fees..
>>
>How long have you been on /fit/?
Like 2 years in bursts.
>When are you going to start lifting?
As soon as I get paid.
>Why haven't you been lifting?
2poor4gym. My latest decision to fix my shit occured like 4 days ago, started on calorie counting and calisthenics in the meantime.
>>
>>35315024
:(
Damn bro
>>
>>35315057
How old are you?
>>
>>35314137
You're gonna make it. You're gonna make it. Don't make a promise to yourself, make a promise to me.
>>
File: image.gif (919 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
919 KB, 360x360
I'm trying to lose weight first. I'm enjoy cardio more. That's right I said it!

I love cardio.
>>
>>35315467
Do both. You will progress faster. Most people do both. No-cardio is a meme.
>>
>>35314116
About 2 months
In the next week or two
I'm focusing on my diet right now, tracking calories, learning to cook. Once I get that down to where it's natural, I'm moving on to the gym.
>>
>>35314116
>6 fucking years.
>t...tomorrow?
>I have no idea. I'm so confused.
>>
>>35314116
About 6 months now

Probably late jan

Signed up to an expensive gym pretty far from home first, went once, cancelled membership because too far away. Now low on cashish, expecting my financial shit to be back together by mid jan so i can hit a cheap gym 10 min away from my house in late jan
>>
>>35315622
Alright. We should always push ourselves to do something different. I'll start off light anon. Much love. (Full homo)
>>
File: 1449950984089.jpg (59 KB, 437x431) Image search: [Google]
1449950984089.jpg
59 KB, 437x431
>>35315803
>Much love. (Full homo)
>>
>>35315026
S A T A N I C
>>
about 2 years
probably gonna do calisthenics and cardio late january/february.
I moved back with my parents to save money(worst decision ever). That along with school getting harder I just stopped lifting. I'm now really lean, but also dyel.But I somehow look better than I used to. I'll be moving out again in january after I finish this semester.
>>
File: 1440800709866.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
1440800709866.gif
2 MB, 384x216
>>35315647
i dont understand why people come here but don't lift

There are other boards with the same self-hating culture but at least they don't pretend to try
>>
>How long have you been on /fit/
idk prolly since around 2013

>When are you going to start lifting
idk desu senpai

>Why haven't you been lifting
no gym & lifting weights is boring as hell
i exercise regularly tho
oh and
>tfw 10.5 inch arms
i dont think even lifting can save me
>>
>>35315450
And me too anon. I gave up drugs and drinking for lifting and the gains. I feel higher than I ever did on a good nod or rush. That pain let's me know I'm alive. Afterwards I feel amazing and cleansed because I have discipline. You're gonna make it bro. We all are familia. The iron won't break your heart or leave you like the world did.

Be the best fucking version of you. You know want it. Go out there lift things up, set them down, and do it repeatedly.
>>
>>35318183
so why are you here??
>>
>>35318602
community is nice
and the dank meemz :^)
>>
>>35314116
Been coming here about a year now.

Fat hate threads are good for laughs. In terms of fitness advice, I guess fit sometimes has decent advice, but it's usually pretty bad.

Never had enough willpower to get past lardass mode. And since I started my desk job 2 months ago, I've gained 15 lbs, making it worse.
>>
>>35318651
fair enough lad
>>
I've been periodically lurking since late 2013.

I suffer from social anxiety and in my small town there was only one gym where a lot of people I knew regularly went, so I avoided it in order to avoid them seeing my ugly, weak ass.

Now I've moved to a bigger city and it's extremely freeing. There's a gym right across the building where I live so I'm thinking of finally starting.

I'm an overweight fuck so should I just do cardio first or do both? Also, what's the most effective cardio exercise for calorie burn?
>>
>>35314116
i was lifting
spine injury from car crash
lose much of my gains to depression and undereating
feelsbadman.dll
>>
>>35319208
:(
Y-you okay bro?
>>
i lifted for a year out of denial of being a tranny
now i seek to undo the damage and sacrifice my gains to be the little girl
>>
File: 20151220_021509~2.jpg (1 MB, 2508x4254) Image search: [Google]
20151220_021509~2.jpg
1 MB, 2508x4254
I only lift once a week or less.

I was once fairly ripped

My genes are bad asthetically but im 6'1 and respond well to lifting

Over the past year ive been losing weight. Am 190 down from 240. Trying to do a recomp where i gain muscle and lose fat in the same week.
>>
>>35320044
What happened to your mirror?
>>
On and off since 2009, regularly from around 2013

I hope to start lifting soon. I've lost a ton of weight being inspired by mirin' your pictures and reading stories about fat people.

Because I'm terrified of people and also I don't want to look like an idiot that doesn't know what they're doing.
>>
>>35320044
Good god.
>>
>>35314116
>I've been on /fit/ for as long as I can remember, probably 2009 at the earliest though.
>When I find a reason it would be important
>My hobbies for fitness don't require it.

I live in farmland, I work on farms regularly.
We are always cutting down trees, moving hay, hiking, mountain climbing, swimming at the lake.
I just never had a reason ever to lift as I can usually do things most people can't because it's part of my lifestyle.
Additional factors:
I don't want to buy workout equipment.
I don't have a gym within an hour of my house driving distance.
My body is pretty ok, little bit on the otterside, but I don't really surf /fit/ for superficial reasons.
I enjoy fitness for the activities.
>>
>I'm probably going to maybe start doing shit in the future I think

All of you need a good slapping, I'm dishusted and going to bed now.
>>
>>35320044
why do you smear shit on your mirror senpai
>>
>>35318769
why would you think that you are credible in judging whether advice is bad or not? Ad hominem doesn't really apply when it comes to fitness, knowing wtf you're talking about usually equals that you follow that advice hence you look good/are strong/whatever
>>
>>35318769
willpower and discipline can be trained, as well as compassion, confidence or any muscle. Small steps will get you there bro
>>
>>35314116
don't lift. I do pushups, pullups, situps and barbell exercises though, and run 2.5 miles every other day. Once or twice a week I also do my own brand of plyometrics which I guarentee is more difficult than anything most cardiofags here do. Play a lot of soccer on the side, and played in college.
>>
>>35321262
also there's no better feeling than sprinting at your bodies top speed effortlessly.
>>
>>35321163
I'm not credible, but there have been dozens of pieces of advice that I've looked up. If I can do a 1 minute Google search and find medical journals or similarly-credible sources that directly contradict a poster's advice, it's not good advice.

The fuck do you care whether or not I look good? Usually, the best source to determine whether or not something is pseudoscience or not, is a doctor. They certainly don't have to be ripped to do their research and form their opinions...
>>
Started on here in 2012 losing weight and some body weight exercises. Started lifting on and off during that school year until 2013 when I got into a relationship and took a break from /fit/ for a while.
I come on here whenever I get in a mindset to lose weight but unfortunately it hasn't stuck. I'm more motivated than ever now so hopefully it will stick this time around.
I plan to start lifting when my doctor clears me, probably sometime in March.
>>
>>35314116
I only lift an hour a day. I go to the gym to run and swim and use the cardio machines. I just don't like lifting that much.
>>
>>35320044
You need SS breh
>>
File: 1444995776120.gif (106 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1444995776120.gif
106 KB, 633x758
>>35314116
>How long
Since early this year
>How are you going to start lifting
I'm planning on getting back to lifting when I'm in Spain, hopefully getting a gym membership and finally getting rid of my stubborn fat
>Why haven't you been lifting
I stopped in September because with uni it just got too hard to keep up a regular routine like I did over the summer. I managed to keep my weight down and actually cut down to 140 lbs (5'8 manlet), but my body looks like shit and gains were lost.

I feel like a disgrace to zyzz and most of all to you, my brothers. I have forsaken the iron, and suffered for it.

It's even worse now because of holidays and it's really hard to keep myself from eating tasty treats. I'm thinking of grabbing an EC stack just for appetite suppressant and just using my dad's Planet Fitness membership to at least throw in some cardio and bodyweight shit to keep the weight off.
>>
File: 1449191162477.gif (2 MB, 250x220) Image search: [Google]
1449191162477.gif
2 MB, 250x220
Mfw this thread
>>
File: 450520757577.jpg (67 KB, 900x959) Image search: [Google]
450520757577.jpg
67 KB, 900x959
on and off since 2010.

lifted for 6 months before it got too expensive. that was in 2012-13

and now I've effectively çűčkęð myself with bills and just shitty money management in general to afford my ridiculous gym's fee.

i usually lurk in progress threads or other random threads that peak my interest.

I've been fat my whole life... now @ 5'11" 260lbs - down from 285
feels good, never lost weight on purpose before lmao.

I'm trying to start school next fall and will probably be able to go to the gym then... sucks bros I wanna meme with you all :(
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.