[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck. I thought wearing headphones was a universal sign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 19
File: headphones.jpg (69 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
headphones.jpg
69 KB, 600x429
What the fuck.
I thought wearing headphones was a universal sign of "don't fucking talk to me"

Today at the gym some dude comes up making a motion to take my headphones, which I do because I figure ok he must need to ask me something important or whatever.
But no. he literally just wants to talk about random shit for a solid few minutes.

It got so bad that I literally just turned and started my next set because he wasn't stopping. If I hadn't done that then he probably would have kept yammering all day.

WTF /fit/, please tell me this isn' t what any of you cunts do.
>>
>>35305145
I thought headphones were a sign to would be muggers that you're in your own little world and an easier target.

That shit kills situational awareness
>>
It is, that guy just doesn't understand boundaries.
>>
It is, but I'm fine with people talking to me. It's more that I enjoy listening to music at the gym than I don't want to be talking to people.

I only talk to other headphone users when I need to know how many sets they have left.
>>
Just like yoga pants are a sign of "I want your dick".
>>
>>35305145
Why do you think he wanted to talk to you, OP?
>>
>>35305165
This message gga gets it.

You wouldn't believe how many of these cunts cause traffic accidents walking around the city with headphones in. I've seen people walk into oncoming traffic.
>>
>>35305165
>>
>>35305872
Fucking mobile

>this nigga gets it
>>
> actively avoiding talking to people
> complaining when a person wants to just talk to you

And then the same people complain in the next thread, "tfw no gf, no friends"
>>
>>35305145
>be in the gym
>there's this creepy neckbeard again
>always alone
>always wearing headphones, blasting some kind of sailor moon soundtrack
>tries so hard to look cool and aloof
>kinda feel sorry for him, maybe I should chat that guy up
>signal him to take the headphones off, he does it with visibly shaking hands
>he looks like a deer in the headlights
>I try to bro it up but he's just stammering, his lips are opening but he can't articulate anything
>gets red like a tomato, streams of sweat are running from his forehead
>mfw he just turns around for his next set
>>
>>35305904

op here. I don't mind talking to people, but talking to them about nothing when I'm doing my stuff? For extended periods of time? very annoying

>>35305867
if he didn't want to talk to me why the fuck did he come up to me suggesting I remove my headphones and then start conversations with me about bullshit?
>>
>>35306151
Definitely was not this. I engaged for much longer than I actually should have.
>>
>>35306196
Are you stupid OP?
He asked what you guess was the reason he wanted to talk to a retarded passive aggressive cunt such as you
>>
>>35306151
>>kinda feel sorry for him, maybe I should chat that guy up

Anyone who thinks like this I wouldnt want around me. Fuck fake-compassionate shitheads.
>>
>>35306271
>He didn't know I was passive aggressive when he started talking to me.

>I think he wanted to talk to me because I was one of the 4 people in the gym that afternoon and he had already talked to the 2 other people and they had reacted the same way

You're one of the cunts that fucking does this aren't you?
>>
>>35306151
>maybe I should chat that guy up

I feel this is a term that americans have improperly attempted to utilize

To chat a person up = to hit on a person
>>
>>35306320
>You're one of the cunts that fucking does this aren't you?

You're one of the cunts who overthinks every single thing and just spends way too much time inside their own heads aren't you? Cause I just asked you a question about your post and nothing else but now you know me all of a sudden
>>
>>35306274
>im such a good person for helping this creepy weirdo
>>
File: 1450298540569.png (16 KB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
1450298540569.png
16 KB, 291x300
>>35306320
there are some sadcunts in some gyms that always start conversations with other people when obviously nobody wants to even talk to him or give a fuck

they just have nobody to talk to or want to get new friends, no surprise they're autistic and can't tell who they should start talking to and when

>squatting
>squat your first rep
>random creep comes in starts talking about random shit
>squat your second rep
>random autistic fuck still talking
>squat your third rep
>"hello are you listening? did you hear what i said?"
>squat your fourth rep
>"hello?" while waving
>squat your fifth and last rep with the power of fifty thousand angry manlets
>politely say "yeah man i just can't really talk that much when i'm doing my set"

what do these people have going on in their mind?
>>
>>35306365
in America chatting up = small talk

its like how some goofballs call soda "pop"
>>
>>35306370
You asked me a question.
I answered it.
That means I'm overthinking things and spending time inside my own head?
You're what's wrong with this board.
>>
>>35306403
fuck holy shit yes
>>
>>35306403
>squat
>pause
>rack
>pick up creep
>strict ohp
>gently lay on traps
>let him talk while you squat him
>impale him on rack
It's the only way
>>
>>35306403
just like random idiots on the bus trying to strike up worthless conversations with everyone in proximity
they're just lonely and dense
>>
It's mostly old homos in their mid 40s and 50s who do it in my gym. Shit is annoying and sad at the same time. Why don't they go to a gay club or something instead of embarrassing themselves like that?
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 306x331) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 306x331
>>35307198
>tfw lady a few years older than me talked to me on the bus about school and stuff
>had that sweet & comfy older sister feel
>got off early because I felt spaghettio
>>
only time I bothered someone with earbuds was to get a spot
>>
File: that's my crib.jpg (134 KB, 500x657) Image search: [Google]
that's my crib.jpg
134 KB, 500x657
>>35305145
There's this lady who keeps hammering me every time I go on the treadmill

inb4 >cardio - I do just 8 min pre-workout and 8 min after-workout

Anyway, she starts telling me about her work and her shifts, her diet intolerances, her child (she's 30-something) who has some cognitive deficiencies, her husband who is a little bit overweight and has recently lost his dad

It seems too rude to me to say "just shut the fuck up" so I smile and try to hold MINIMALLY the conversation, just so I won't appear as the grumpy guy or something
Eventually I tried to put some in-ear headphones but she looked at me with a sad face... I eventually popped the earbuds out to say "hi" and she strangled me in a conversation (or better, monologue) for 15 minutes straight (I was heading to the showers..)

What's a nice way to say "Shut the Fuck Up Little Bitch I Don't Care About Your Fucking Shitty Life And I Hope You'll Die A Long And Painful Death" without coming out as a psycho?

Unnecessarily talkative humans, not even once
>>
So you guys don't like to talk to people is that it?

Can't you work out and talk in the same time? When my rest is up I just go and lift don't care about what I was talking about with the guy. He can wait a minute till I finish my set
>>
File: iStock_000000746781Medium.jpg (258 KB, 1700x1129) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000000746781Medium.jpg
258 KB, 1700x1129
A lot of you guys want to better yourselves in every way but don't realize talking to people you don't want to about shit that doesn't interest you is perfect for building up social skills. Helps you practice how to connect with anyone (which helps with bitches), how to make people laugh (really helps with bitches), how to politely and tactfully end conversations and a lot more

And don't get me wrong, I hate people and as such hate talking to people, but it really helps in a lot of situations, embrace it
>>
>>35308833
>What's a nice way to say "Shut the Fuck Up Little Bitch I Don't Care About Your Fucking Shitty Life And I Hope You'll Die A Long And Painful Death" without coming out as a psycho?

>"I have to return some videotapes"
>>
File: bateman checkem.png (400 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
bateman checkem.png
400 KB, 420x420
>>35308944
>>
>>35308833
Why don't you fuck her
>>
A girl smiled at me today
and it wasn't one of those "what the fuck please just go away, I'm just tryna be nice" kind of smile
am I gonna make it?
>>
>>35308833
tell her you have super-aids
>>
>>35305165
>getting mugged in your gym
wat
>>
You lack the necessary social skills to gracefully remove yourself from a conversation. It must be other peoples fault!
>>
You lack the necessary social skills to gracefully remove yourself from a conversation. It must be other peoples fault!
>>
You lack the necessary social skills to gracefully remove yourself from a conversation. It must be other peoples fault!!
>>
>>
>>35305145

Tell the cunt to fuck himself, nigga
>>
You lack the necessary social skills to gracefully remove yourself from a conversation. It must be other peoples fault!!
>>
>>35312086
>>
>>35311875
lmoa this...
where the fuck are you training if youre worried about this shit
>>
>>35312126
>>
>>35312135
lmoa oh yeah punk!? ill remove myself from this situation BYE!
>>
>>35312200
Touché.
>>
File: 1440920064470.png (191 KB, 387x501) Image search: [Google]
1440920064470.png
191 KB, 387x501
>>35305145
>Doing sled push
>Older man taps me on the shoulder in the middle of my set and says:
"I was almost going to ask you if you wanted help with that, but then I realized that it's an exercise!"
>I try to play it off with a joke:
"Well, if I keep doing this, I won't need help with moving heavy things ever again!"
>Go to return to set
>He asks me why I'm doing it, am I training for anything specific, etc.
>Tell him that I'm training for life in general, for the unknown.
>He asks me if I'm training for the Tough Mudder
>BITCHWHATTHEFUCKDIDIJUSTSAY.png
>He continues to stand there and ask me questions about it
>Engaged in some friendly conversation
>Go back to my workout
>This man wasted 15 minutes of my time when I could have been making gains
>>
You Iack the necessary sociaI skiIIs to gracefuIIy remove yourseIf from a conversation. It must be other peoples fauIt!!
>>
File: 1307980196001.jpg (20 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1307980196001.jpg
20 KB, 396x385
>>35306151

d-don't fucking talk to me normie i need to do my set
>>
>>35312311
>>
File: 1420000024702.png (290 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1420000024702.png
290 KB, 680x680
>>35312311

*picks up 45lb plate*
*smashes into head*
>>
>go to the "power room" in local gym
>two benches, deadlift platform, and two squat racks
>some turd is squatting two plate for reps with his headphones in, swaggin' out
>he is using one of the squat racks, Kevin (one of the resident powershitters; lugnut tattoo on the neck) uses another
>I'd rather not bother Kevin as he wrenches the cage around tightening the belt against his belly, shaking a safety squat bar with 4plaet around in the cage

>need to skwaat, do the "hey dummy take your earphones out so you can engage with humans like a human" look and hand motion
>he has two more sets left, he let me know, just not very kindly
>mfw

get c u c k e d autismos
>>
>>35312340
>>35312316
>>
>>35312344
You got beta'd and you're caIIing other autismos?

Project harder whiIe mirin aIphas.
>>
>>35312362
>>35312340
>>
>>35312344
>>
>>35305165

This is true. I've personally been mugged in the middle of a set of deadlifts twice now.
>>
>>35311875
>getting mugged in your home gym
>>
>>35305145
Maybe he wanted you to pick up his soap.
>>
>at shitty commercial gym
>fat neckbeard squatting in the only rack
>wait til he finished his set
>ask how many he has left
>he tries to give me a bertstare
>said "IDK maybe a hundred"
>"... a hundred?"
>He says "how ever many I want"
>laugh and say "okay breh"
>Decide I am going to get the rack right when this fatass finishes
>post up at a stationary bike 10 ft away to warmup
>he does one more set of lmao 1plaet with shit form and is visibly exhausted at the end
>takes a 5 minute rest
>gets 3 reps of the next set and fails
>i take the rack and am doing my lift
>squatting lmao2.5 plate ATG as he and another neckbeard walk out of the gym
>overhear him say that he "looked up form on the internet and my form is good"
>know in my soul it's an autist from this fucking laotian mancala strategy image board
>>
>>35312733
This didn't happen.
>>
>>35312764
It's 4chan, what do you expect?
>>
File: 1312248159811.png (219 KB, 332x400) Image search: [Google]
1312248159811.png
219 KB, 332x400
>>35305145
Longer you gym, the more used to telling guys to fuck off you'll get.
>GF is loading up 135 on the bar to squat.
>Guy comes up and tries to talk to her.
>Asks if she needs help.
>"No, I'm fine."
>Ignores it, keeps trying to talk to her.
>She puts a 45 on the bar.
>He puts a weight on the other side anyway.
>She goes to unrack the bar.
>It's uneven.
>Turns out he put the wrong weight on. (25 or 35)

Another time.
>GF doing lmao2plate barbell glute bridges.
>Resting between a set.
>Guy comes up.
>GF's reaction when he asks, "So, are you stuck?"

>>35305904
Imagine if every time you walked into the gym, 2 or 3 curlbros came up to you, wasting your time trying to impress you, or tried to be "helpful and kind" by putting away your weights for you - that you were still using.
Or went to help you load up weight, but underestimate how much to load up. "Nah, you can't lift that much, right?"

>>35308875
Talking is one thing.
Disrupting or getting in the way of gym time is another.
>>
>>35305145
I was squatting with earphones on an this girl starts talking to me, so I have to put the bar back in the rack, pause my music and take off my earphones to hear what she was saying. She was fucking asking me where the personal trainer was, I just said "I don't know" and she left. Who the fuck approaches someone who is mid-exercise with earphones on when there are other people in the gym?
>>
>>35306151
Fuck you anon. I won't speak to the merits of the original series' validity as appropriate gym music, but the remake is great gym music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Va228UhRs
>>
>>35308833
>defending yourself for doing cardio
cardio being bad is a meme, dude. It's really good for you. If you're not doing cardio you are losing out on gym efficiency and lifespan gains.
>>
>>35312800
how'd you get a gf from being nogf?

how does that happen?
>>
>>35312270
Why the fuck do bros and old guys always think a girl's only purpose for being in the gym is to either lose weight, or to train for some sport / event?
It's like they litterally can't understand that I might be training because I enjoy it.

>>35312764
Different anon, but I know a couple guys that sounds exactly like that.
>Room mate doesn't have the mobility to squat to parallel.
>Just started lifting.
>Following a fairly advanced routine.
>Decides to follow the Smolov Jr program because he thinks his 115 lb squats are the shit.
>>
File: 1445534390315.png (67 KB, 616x596) Image search: [Google]
1445534390315.png
67 KB, 616x596
>>35306151
These "it really went like THIS ;)" greentext revisions are always retarded
>>
>>35312835
cardio is bad if you're trying to build strength and muscle
>>
>>35312881

soz op
>>
>>35305165
>be me
>in the uni gym
>headphones in
>my little pony theme song on repeat
>full blast
>repping 95lbs on The Press like a champ
>feel something pointy in my lowerback
>Hispanic voice yells "move an you die puto"
>feel him reach into my workout satchel
>he grabs some stuff and runs
>relieved I'm not shanked
>check my satchel
>both my post workout lunchables are gone and so is my rainbow dash plushie
>sit down in the squat rack and start crying
>>
File: Hyouka ED Deadlift.png (505 KB, 731x863) Image search: [Google]
Hyouka ED Deadlift.png
505 KB, 731x863
>>35312830
Reminded me of pic related.

>>35312869
Lifted for two years.
Met her right before she started lifting.
GF'ed her a few months later.
Year and a half later and she could set 3 of the 4 powerlifting records in her state for her weight class.
(That said, all records outside of California is abysmally low for girls.)
>>
>>35312899
This is objectively wrong. My gains went through the roof when I started running. It stuns me every day how little most of /fit/ actually understands about physical training.
>>
>>35312909
>My gains went through the roof when I started running.
why are you lying on the internet
unless you're actually eating something after your cardio which even then doesn't help you make gains, just maintains your weight

>>35312873
>Why the fuck do bros and old guys always think a girl's only purpose for being in the gym is to either lose weight, or to train for some sport / event?
because that's what most people go to the gym for
"tee hee the struggles us girls go through, amirite XD"
>>
>>35312954
Please explain your reasoning for cardio making it magically impossible to gain weight. You know Scooby aka "pec mountain"? Dude does double centuries for shits n giggles.
>>
>>35312954
It's what most people are at the gym for, but if a guy goes, "I'm just here to get fit," the general response is, "Okay, cool."
But then you get those guys who ask a girl the same thing, but instead of "Okay, cool," it's, "But why are you REALLY here for?" and they try to argue in circles with you for the next 10 minutes instead of letting you get back to lifting.

Wouldn't complain about it if it wasn't a weekly thing.
>>
>>35312997
>Please explain your reasoning for cardio making it magically impossible to gain weight.
it's not impossible but it makes it harder. perhaps a small inconvenience for some who keep track of what they're eating and their bmr. you might be fine if you don't do it on days you're lifting
>>
>>35312733
>laotian mancala strategy image board
goodbye, sides
>>
>>35312899

This entire fucking board needs to stop until someone acknowledges this retarded shit.

This isn't what any of you niggers actually believe right?
>>
>>35312472
my fking sides
>>
>>35313360
>>35312997
Long distance cardio is detrimental for strength gains this is fact. If you have a cardio fetish either do Speed work with loadsa reps or do High intensity, however doing marathon running or something similar is not good.

>inb4 a weak cardiocuck with less than 2/3/4/5 gets butthurt.
>>
>>35312904
holy fuck i lost my side from that picture text.
>>
>>35312764
It actually did. I wish I was making it up
>>
>>35313450
You did make it up, like most greentext stories on 4chan
>>
File: king_kek.jpg (29 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
king_kek.jpg
29 KB, 292x257
>>35312903
>>
>>35313554
Nuh uh
>>
>>35305165
>getting mugged in your house
That's why you have a gun for
>>
>>35306274

that's not very nice anon, maybe he was a sympathetic fellow that had a bit of aspergers going on as well.

friends that are unempathetic / unsympathetic are the worst!
>>
>>35305867
>>35306271
You are the retard.
>>
>>35308833
Do what OP does and always use your headphones.
>>
>>35307288
>>had that sweet & comfy older sister feel
>>got off early because I felt spaghettio

Have you an older sister? Did she ever rape you or something?
>>
>tfw natural mean mug look
>tfw no one ever initiates conversations with me anyway
F-feels good brehs...
>>
File: gymfriends.jpg (148 KB, 1479x1072) Image search: [Google]
gymfriends.jpg
148 KB, 1479x1072
>>35305145
I never saw someone go to that level, but what I noticed in my old gym was that there many people went to workout and to try to socialize. A friend of mine told me that her gym (most expensive in the area) is almost like a night club: people using perfume, wearing "please-look-at-me" outfits, spending more time talking than anything else.

It will also depend on the time you go to the gym. I go early in the morning and this will probably never happen because almost everybody is there to workout before going to work or university so it is very peaceful.
>>
>ATG Squats time
>Headphones in, joocy glutes out
>Dude nearby doing seated dumbbell presses was watching me in the mirror, he did squats in that rack just before me
>After warmup I start doing working sets, load up 115kg for a cool 5 reps
>load up 125 for next set, and rest for a little
>Second set I squeezed out 4 reps, but I fucked up my breathing and held my breath a little long, bail out and drop the bar, seeing stars
>Someone's talking to me
>Take out one headphone, it's the mirror guy, he's asking if I'm ok, I tell him I'm alright, just held my breath a little long
>He says he wouldn't be able to spot me doing that kind of weight anyway
>Th-thanks, but I should be able to handle this weight better, I've been recovering from a shoulder injury and couldn't squat for 3 months
>tfw I can't take compliments and spaghetti'd, made it seem like I was being patronising
>tfw I hit 130kg for reps after I sat down for a while
>>
>>35307288
What did it feel like?
My sister has never given me any "comfy feelings"
>>
>>35305145
Careful OP, sounds like you encountered a gains goblin.
>>
>>35305165
Only for manlets. For actual men they are a sign that you don't give a flying.
>>
>>35314093
>>35314291
Its a rough approximation, i have an older sis but never got that feel from her either. Its just hard to call it maternal since she couldnt have been more than 5-6 years older than me, it was some weird middle ground.
>>
>>35312809

I would think only a total noob who had never been in a gym before.
>>
>>35312800
Bringing your gf to the gym is just asking to get cucked friend, surely there are better places to find a muscular bull where you don't have to let your girl interfere with your workouts.
>>
>>35308833
She sounds like she really needs an outlet. Shame she chose you.
>>
>>35305145
People wearing headphone are one of the most degenerate in today's society. It shows at least two things. First, this fuckings NEETs need to isolate themselves on every occasion. Headphones are their excuse doing so. Second, they are addicted to certain stimuli to fill the void as they can't cope with their own consciousness anymore. This is why the need to drown it with some shitty music.
>inb4 I just don't want to wast my time
Lamest excuse ever. Every fucking degen with headphones on here is wasting his time already.
>inb4 I'm wasting my time.
I don't wear headphones in public either.
>>
>>35308901
This post is, there's no other way to say it, underrated.
>>
>>35315136
Only if you have autism.

>>35315048
That is a dumb generalization. There are several reasons to listen to your own selection of music.
>>
File: 1346500394631.jpg (12 KB, 170x215) Image search: [Google]
1346500394631.jpg
12 KB, 170x215
>>35315048
>>
>>35308944
This, its the only way
>>
>>35312809

the problem is why are you stopping your set just because someone starts talking to you?

you just stopped because you got excited a girl talked to you for once.
>>
>>35312809

>curling the other day
>girl doing squats 10 feet away
>she tries to ask me something right as I start my set
>stop curling, go rerack ezbar
>return, pause music, remove earbuds
>"Sorry, I couldn't hear you"
>"You have enough room?"

wtf?

pretty sure she was trying to chat me up or something and being a 10/10, the young wholesome college athlete type, just had pitiful game

protip: don't hit on someone who's mid-set with headphones on
>>
>>35312809
>approaches someone who is mid-exercise
I try hard not to rage when it happens.
It's usually girls and young kids.
They just don't get how hard it is to talk mid-set with real weights.
>>
>>35313425

EXTREMELY LONG DISTANCE, combined with EXTREMELY high volume, will do that. Running a few miles a couple times a week won't do shit but make you better at moving around.
>>
>>35313425
>OHPing less than 225 pounds is weak
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.