[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military fitness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
>Joined military
>Struggled with PT, all cardio and endurance
>Just pass PT requirements, get smoked by younger guys who dont even lift
>No one gives a fuck about how much you can bench, squat and DL unless you can back it up with insane fitness
>Realise Im too heavy and need to cut ALL fat and trim down on muscle
>Realise Im going to struggle unless I give up lifting and bulking
>Body builders get laughed at in the Army

I think Ive made a huge mistake /fit/.
>>
>>35303010
Should have been a pogue, free gym and meals plus no cardio.
>>
>>35303010
all the bodybuilders are in the airforce and marines

but that aside, nobody actually gives a flying fuck as long as you get the minimums after you finish basic training. all that shit they huff up your ass in basic/recruiting is bullshit.

either way i wouldn't join the military unless its an office job, everyone else gets fucked in the ass. The office workers only work 30 hrs a week and get half the year off. Us maintainers and grunts work 50 a week and don't get a single fucking holiday off
>>
>>35303010
>all cardio and endurance
Why are people surprised by this?
All you do is marching and running in the most retarded positions.
Had an instructor who regularly participated in ultra marathons, he was fucking nuts.
>>
>>35303030
Pog*
>>
>>35303010
Dont know where or what service you're with but strength training is essential to being a well rounded soldier. The fucks ragging on lifters in the military need to get outta the supply cage and get some dirt on their fucking boots. Focus on the running for now while relying on calisthenics for your strength training, that'll allow you to drop weight, build your cardio and still maintain the strength requirements. It's all about heart, I'm recovering from an injury and focusing on getting my run times back down, so I've been outta the gym for a minute. Just lost 12 pounds in the field and am gonna lose another 10 or so next month out there again, and I'm already at 158lbs. Just keep pushing OP.
>>
>tfw my squadron doesn't do PT
>Supervisor just gives me 2 hours a night in addition to lunch to go to the gym
Pretty sweet for me brah
>>
>>35303030

100% this

All the biggest most shredded dudes are the POGs. Everyone else is too busy getting fucked in the field for weeks at a time to have a regular gym schedule.
>>
>>35303112
ayy same here where you stationed?
>>
>>35303010
I told you fags to do cardio
>but muh gainsss
>>
>>35303125
Dover AFB, you?
>>
>>35303129
the shit hole named minot
>>
>>35303152
My condolences, this base may suck but it's at least close to NYC and has a low ops tempo
>>
So what body type would be acceptable then?
Something not high in lots of Muscle or a bunch of fat, and its mostly cardio and endurance
So a natural Muay Thai or boxer build?
Should I lift weights then (stupid question I know)
Can I get it done in four years?????
>>
When i joined the army i was one of the best at PT and i never lifted a day in my life all my fitness came from distance running and cycling. Strength isn't your main priority when joining.
>>
>>35303010
>Struggling with armies babbie PT requirements
yah nah brah you are not /fit/ at all. You must be a retard that doesn't do any cardio like jogging or pushups.
>>
>>35303010
God damn it /fit/ you are all a bunch of pussies.

>i-i need to cut all fat and trim down on muscle desu
No you fucking don't, you just need to man the fuck up and get good.
There are people right this moment who can out run, out lift you in the Army.
Check out the SF thread happening right now.

To all my Airborne brothers
>Airborne watch yo fucking feet
>>
>>35303129
not him but I just left dover from 436
>>
>>35303245
Not all of us inherited that top tier 1% of genetics that allows you to pack on kilo after kilo of muscle, not gain fat AND still be able to maintain a strong and healthy cardio engine that can move all that weight around at speed for extended periods of times.

Its fitness or size. Cant have both.
>>
>>35303583
lmao
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.