[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fit how do i stop getting a cold and influenza all the fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: inthesummer.png (558 KB, 394x596) Image search: [Google]
inthesummer.png
558 KB, 394x596
Fit how do i stop getting a cold and influenza all the fucking time. I seriously get it maybe 8-9 freakin times are year, which seems enormously high too me, although i'll often have it in certain months like October - March, basically during the winter. I'll often get multiple colds during one month, like 1-2 each month, and hell i often feel a bit under the weather cus i'm always recovering from the next cold. If i have a ONS i'll alllways get a cold the next day. Wth should i do? I feel like since it's just the common cold i can't really go to the doctor and complain about it; it's not like it's anything serious. I drink orange juice every day and eat oranges (i think it helps) i used to take vitamin D and C (which i also think helps) but i couldn't afford it anymore, i will when i get my januray paycheck though. Maybe i should get a flu shot?

Yes my genes/immune systems are complete shit. Do any of you guys have any real advice to combat this? Much appreciated.
>>
>>35300492
>influenza
get vaccinated
> cold
take a vitamin treatment, reinforce the month after
>>
>>35300492
Dyel mode is the best mode on girls.

Fuck "fit" girls
>>
>>35300492
Get better genes.
>>
maybe u have HIV and get sick easy
>>
Are you one of those people who never washes their hands?
>>
>>35300492
wash your hands more often. like every time you enter a building, after using public transport etc. just all the time.
>>
If you smoke anything fucking stop.
Clean your hands frequently and use saline solution multiple times a day.

By doing this I reduced the frequency I got colds and the flu greatly.

I might get 2 colds a year and never get the flu.
>>
Like anon said get vaccinated. Also this might be a bit of a broscience advice but drink a glass of wine everyday, my chemistry teacher, who was 63 at the time, told me his secret to not getting sick was having a glass of wine every afternoon or in the night. And I can confirm it he spent like 4 years without getting sick.
>>
>>35300492

drink lots of water
and if the sickness is not death threatening then let your body deal with it, without taking medicine. your immune system will get better and you'll get sick less and less often.
>>
File: 1443301164495.gif (286 KB, 123x116) Image search: [Google]
1443301164495.gif
286 KB, 123x116
>>35301093
>Get better genes

Basically this OP. I have never been a person that gets sick, even when I was a fat ass fuck that was 80lbs over my max BMI recommended weight. Except that in the winter every year I get 1-2 sinus infections.

Well this year my diet has been on fucking point like you would not believe. NO grains, NO legumes, just meat, protein powder, nuts, raw fruits and veggies only, and water to drink. Natural vitamin and mineral intake off the fucking charts family, Zinc, Vitamin A, C, Folate, Vitamin K EVERYTHING literally way over RDA from natural food sources.... feel great.

.... Yet here we are early winter and I have had sinus congestion for the past 6 weeks, just like every other goddamn year. The ONLY difference I have noticed is that my mucous is more watery and less green/yellow/brownish looking.... literally the only difference though.

My conclusion is that a healthy diet that is high in vitamins and minerals probably doesnt have a huge impact on how often you get sick. Pretty sure that Vitamin C and Zinc are a meme as my intake is off the charts.

Cleaning up your diet wouldnt hurt though, stuff like Orange Juice is complete dog shit, just as bad as full sugar soda 2bh family, and oranges themselves are only slightly better. If you want some real super foods hit up raw spinach, kale, cantaloupe, almonds, black/raspberries, etc

Vitamin supps are a meme.
>>
File: 1417659447158.jpg (7 KB, 185x273) Image search: [Google]
1417659447158.jpg
7 KB, 185x273
>i used to take vitamin D, but i couldn't afford it anymore
60 doses of 5000iu D3 is like 5 bucks

you can't afford $2.5/mo?
>>
>>35301273

Don't you think if your diet was much worse you might get sick more often?
>>
>>35300492
I used to get sick every second month at least. Switched to 7-10 servings of vegetables a day and I have not been sick in almost 2 years.
>>
>>35301316
>Don't you think if your diet was much worse you might get sick more often?

No, because my diet used to be fairly shitty and I got sick with about the same frequency which is pretty much never unless its winter I get sinus infections.

Good diet makes you feel generally better for sure though, I dont get headaches and nagging aches, pains, etc.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.