[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1443404944444.jpg (790 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1443404944444.jpg
790 KB, 1920x1200
>barefoot running
>no bro you need to get asics
>excuse me sir, actually Nike Free (TM) are the best shoes for running, perfect minimalist shoe
>just wear whatever you want
>lol running, enjoy your shin splints and knee problems

Running seems like more trouble than it's worth. Red pill me on running.
>>
>>35300458
no
>>
>>35300561
confirmed for poor heart rate
>>
>>35300625
You're right man, really keeps me up at night.
I do about 10 minutes of elliptical before every workout to warm up, I really see no benefit of doing any more
>>
File: IMAG1105.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1105.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>35300689
Remind me to be near you when the apocalypse starts.

>>35300458
OP, if you ignore cardio you are fucked. No fuck stamina, no jogging with qts, no sportsing mires, and all your muscles mean shit if you can't catch/escape someone in a life/death situation.

People are as retarded about running technique as they are about lifting. You want flat shoes with no cushion and you want to land somewhere between mid and fore foot. When you land, your foot should be below you, not out in front of your weight. That's about it. Stop trying to fuck up and overcomplicate the one thing humans were designed to do.

Pic related are my suggestion. They're perfect for both running and lifting
>>
>>35300739
Really though how often does that happen, when life and death matters on if you can run a little faster or not
>>
i use nike pegasus to run, they are comfy and fast. but in the gym im barefoot
>>
>>35300764
Not him, but it's kind of the sort of thing that when it does happen you're glad you where prepared because it's a one shot type of thing
>>
>>35300764
Literally every time you get mugged in your life
Literally every time a child falls on the train tracks
Literally every time you're running to catch a ball to impress a QT

Mate, you need to run all the time.
>>
>>35300764
For me it's more about the high
I used to be a stoner but replaced weed with running
Best decision I ever made. I am so enraged just thinking about the years I wasted being a useless stoner piece of shit. Fucking hell.
>>
>>35300764
Boogie pls go
>>
>>35300805
I've run several 5ks and a tough mudder and I've never felt a runner's high. What do?

To be clear, I'm not faggot op. I think cardio is greatly underappreciated here and I've tried responding to every tard that says running kills your knees but I got tired
>>
>>35300739
I have those coming in the mail.
Most running shoes give me blisters due to flat feet. Hope these help.
>>
>>35300689
enjoy your shitty heart bro

run in whatever you want, or even don't run. there are many ways to do cardio, but you need to do at least one or two. I swim and use a rowing machine, and I'm going to try running pretty soon here. You get a high and you enjoy the great outdoors (unless you're a treadmill faggot). I'd say do it, only fat people lose their shins and shit. Remember, we're made to run barefoot in grass and shit, but using special shoes in oppose to regular running shoes won't give you any magical benefit. anyone who tells you otherwise is getting paid by Nike or is retarded.
>>
>>35300812
It's probably because I am unfit and the struggle to keep going and pump oxygen through my body

So really it might just be worse than weed since it's oxygen deprivation to the brain

Either way I save a shitload of money now and I no longer get caught in the void when I have no weed and trying to find places to get it
>>
>>35300813
Hmm. Not sure there m8, my arches are joocy. My friendo has flat feet, he runs in pleb cushioned shoes and does fine even at half marathon level
>>
Is Nike Fitsole ok for running? It really has no cushion at all.
>>
Running is for fags, that's all you need to know.
>>
>>35300859
>Not having a ton of stoner friends that smoke you out for free
>Not practicing moderation while being /fit/
>>
>>35300859
>Being so bad at managing money that weed is actually a money problem despite being one of the cheapest drugs
That's just pathetic.
>>
>>35300917
>>35300935
>weed is cool
>moderation is cool

pure ideology
>>
>>35300812
Running fucks up your knees.... Only if you get fat later on or you already had knee problems in the past. I run almost every day and I love the runners high. You're either not running enough, or running to slow. But I wanna say it's different to each person
>>
>>35300842
Swimming helps hella bunch
>>
>>35300959
I have trouble running slower than about 8:00 mile because I have long legs. Any slower and I'm just power walking. But my endurance is shite because I always skip cardio at the gym ;p

It's a goal by the summer to get from 25:00 to 20:00 5k
>>
>>35300739
>>35300739
senpai the whole running with no cushioning/flat shoes is a confirmed meme. Look at any modern runner. All the new brooks, saucony, asics and nike sponsored runners are wearing classic running shoes.
The whole barefoot running thing is a huge meme from dumb mountain people.

Neutral strike is best tho.
>>
>>35301147

>power walking 9 minute miles

Neat
>>
Running ja literally the reason were around today. We're built for distance running.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.