[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BMI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 125x166) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 125x166
Is BMI really that inaccurate or is it mainly fat people and tumblr that say that?
>>
well considering a kg of muscle weighs more than a kg of fat your BMI could say you were obese if you were huge enough
>>
>>35300331
To be fair if you are classifiable as obese due to muscle it would be pretty obvious at a glance that it is simply due to muscle.
>>
File: 1385513158789.jpg (33 KB, 430x388) Image search: [Google]
1385513158789.jpg
33 KB, 430x388
>>35300331
>a kg of muscle weighs more than a kg of fat

1kg =/= 1kg?
>>
I have never seen an actually muscular person complain about BMI. They don't need to. It's obvious that they are muscular. The only people who complain about BMI are fat women who "totally have tons of muscle under a layer of fat unlike those skinny bitches" and that's the real reason they weigh two hundred and forty pounds.
>>
>>35300331
wew
>>
>>35300356
I think the Rock is classified as morbidly obese by the bmi scale
>>
>>35300409
kek
>>
>>35300409
oooooh shit RETARD ALERT>>35300304
>>
>>35300442
I saw, kek
>>
BMI works for about 80% of people.

The top ~5% are athletes that are lean and pro, and are better off than BMI suggests. The bottom ~15% are skinnyfat and worse off than BMI suggests.

BF% is a more reliable metric, but taking height/weight is a lot easier than finding the mass of someone suspended in water, and calipers are cumbersome.

The handheld BF% electronic scanners aren't accurate enough.

The average fattie in denial is just that. There is no hidden muscle all their layers of blubber. Just more blubber.
>>
It's an excellent method of getting a general idea. Obviously, there are going to be outliers (which are extremely rare) like men who are extremely muscular, but fatties tend to build a mountain out of nothing and over-exaggerate the outlier to support their viewpoint. Hence their stance that "it's not accurate."
>>
>>35300409
awww shit i fucked up, you have bested me good sir
>>
>>35300474
OP here, my preconception is that they're in denial too.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.