[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the hell do you guys cook chicken breasts without 50 cups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: healthy-grilled-chicken.jpg (14 KB, 332x248) Image search: [Google]
healthy-grilled-chicken.jpg
14 KB, 332x248
How the hell do you guys cook chicken breasts without 50 cups of oil. I can't find a simple and easy way to cook chicken without making it super fat a disgusting.
>>
>>35299924
Don't put 50 cups of oil just a tablespoon.
>>
>>35299924
Use an oven
>>
just put it on a plate and throw it in the microwave for 25 mins.
>>
>>35299924
shake some salt, pepper, thyme, garlic powder on chicken breast. put it in the oven for at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
>>
>>35299924
One secret, barbeque
>>
>>35300029
God, microwaves are the most disgusting things. How can you eat anything that comes out of those taste destroyers?
>>
you probably need those calories, faggots in here don't get enough fat

but you can always use a paper towel to remove the excess
>>
George Foreman grill.
>>
>>35299924
Just... use less oil? You're not building a computer here, just use howevee much oil you think you need. Hell use none, or use Pam or something.
>>
use less oil and use good spices like not a retard
>>
>>35300078
Dis
>>
>>35300049
I read the instructions.
>>
>>35299924
i just cut the chicken breast in strips and cook em in a nonstick pan, I dont even use oil.

The marketplace I get the chicken sells it already brined. Super joocy.

Just find out how to brine your chicken anon and you can cook it on a pan it will be tender and delicious.
>>
>>35299924
boil/grill/oven.

mate I made some fucking tasty chicken the otherday.

get your self a big ass cooking pot and a few basic ingredients.
>cut up all your chicken breast into bite sized chunks
>garlic and onions too
>with like half a table spoon of olive oil (50 calories) fry up the onions and garlic untill soft - ish.
>add chicken and cook for a little while longer.
>next add lots of water
>add about 80 grams of brown rice
>let this cook for 5 minutes
now itz time for your herbs
>I like my shit spicy so I add a ton of pepper,chili, coriander, what ever the fuck you want 2bh fám.
> Mabey some garlic powder (because who the fuck dosnt like more garlic?) salt and a small stock cube (let's say an extra 30-40 calories .
>chop up a tomatoe or two and throw that in.
>now let this cook , stirring occasionally untill the rice is cooked (you will need to add extra water a few times, don't let it go dry).

and there you have it, tasty ass chicken / stew /curry type food.
>>
>>35299924
>put in plastic bag
>marinade
>bake next day
Easiest thing ever
>>
Get a non stick pan.
>>
Set chickens to brine for 45 minutes.
Mix some paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
Pat chickens dry. rub some melted butter on them. sprinkle spices on. bake in oven. eat chickens.

Preferably add some sides. I like to roast some asparagus, mushrooms, and small red potatoes cut into halves with the chicken.
>>
>>35300078

Which model?
>>
>>35300041
This.
>tfw used to think I was a pleb for grilling with gas
>Realise it burns so clean that I can grill through winter in my garage
I just brush the grill with some oil so the chicken tits don't burn stuck on it, and that's that.
I sometimes leave them in a marinade overnight and baste them with a 50-50 mix of sweet chilli sauce and oil, but having watched the BBQ Pit Boys on YouTube, I think I'm gonna try my hand at some rubs and slow cooking/smoking. I've already done pulled pork, so pulled chicken would probably be baller af too.
>>
>never heard of sous-vide
>>
>>35300711
Step 1: scrape with a BBQ scraper
Step 2: wipe with old towel
Step 3: Make gains
>>
>>35299924
Bake 25 mins at 350°. Tender as fuarkkkk. After a while of getting all of that sugar out of your diet (bbq sauce, ketchup, soda, juice) you will be able to taste the meat again. I prefer my meat plain now because it tastes more like meat than some dressing or whatever
>>
>>35299924
Get a pan, pour a little oil. Fry it on low heat. For faster cooking, cut the chicken thinner.
>>
>>35300711
Don't forget to keep the door open for ventilation if you're grilling indoors, Anon. Carbon monoxide is a silent killer.
>>
>>35300751
Who the fuck has a water circulator at home for sous vide? That just seems like kitchen equipment overkill.

Then again, I have a deep fryer. Not worth much when I'm cutting but when I bulk I'm gonna get my fish and chips on like a limey.
>>
>>35301063
Crock pot, long spoon, thermometer.
Not even being hawty, it's totally worth it.
>>
BBQ Grill on high heat. Brush with paper towel dipped in olive oil. Slap on chicken with whatever season you want. Once one side is seared flip it. Once that side is seared turn down to medium heat and flip it occasionally to cook it evenly. Check internal temp with Thermometer. Take chicken off when thickest part reaches ~72C.

Let is rest for a few minutes with Aluminium foil loosely covering while you clean the BBQ.

Enjoy.
>>
>>35299924
oven
375F
45min
whatever spices you like
>>
>>35299924
I'm very lazy when it comes to food, so cooking food is a bitch.

I've decided that instead I'll just eat turkey breast sandwiches. No cooking, and I knock out two macros (carbs and protonz). I also like the taste a lot.
>>
>>35300581

you marinaTe with a marinaDe, yo,
>>
>>35302615
>>35300851
wtf you ALWAYS cook chicken, any cut, any part of it, even a whole chicken, at 325 DEGREES no matter WHAT

God fuck you, /fit/. Fuck you.

Fucking buy a Joy of Cooking book or some shit

god FUCK YOU RUINING CHICKEN MEAT AT HIGH TEMPERATURES, THAT'S WHATMAKES IT TOUGH YOU FUCKS

whole breast: 325, 45 minutes. Cut it into pieces: 325, 15-20 minutes. IF IT'S NOT PINK AND TRANSLUCENT, IT'S DONE

FUCKING ALL OF YOU OVERCOOK IT
>>
>>35299924
I drizzle about 5 - 10 mls into a pan and let it heat up. Once it's heated I just rotate the pan so the heated oil disperses all across the surface. Then I put the chicken on. I don't turn it for at least 4 minutes. I don't have any issues.
>>
>slice chicken as thinly as possible
>fry on stove top with minimal oil at highest temperature you can stand until they're almost black
>>
>>35299924
apply heat till edible, no oil needed
>>
Try using ground chicken OP

IMO it has a much better texture and you can mix things into it like onion and garlic or whatever you like
>>
>>35299924
non stick cooking spray
>>
>>35300711
>using a gas grill
Yeah, you're a fucking pleb. Gas tastes like shit, use charcoal.
>>
>>35299924
Gas or electric heater, makes no difference. Just use low heat, cook it slowly with the lid on. Then you hardly need any oil. Important to flip it a few times at the start because that's when it's most likely to stick.

Marinade it in the morning before going to work for dat dere tenderness (really, takes like 5 mins).
>>
Lrn2poach
Protip: white wine
>>
>>35300027

This, to be honest family
>>
>>35302697

wew lad
>>
File: Woman-biting-a-sponge.jpg (43 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Woman-biting-a-sponge.jpg
43 KB, 615x409
>>35300029
>>
>>35300711
don't listen to this guy, >>35301019 anon, you should be fine.
>>
Raw Medium is the best way to eat chicken.
>>
>>35305645
That's how you make a rubber chicken.

Interestingly, you can cook a wild duck like that, and it'll taste like a steak.
>>
>>35300027
fuck me... never thought about that, had the same problem as OP
>>
>>35299924
I either fry it wlin small pieces with the spray on sunflower oil or use the george foreman grill.
>>
>>35305680
I seriously hope you're not lying anon because I happen to have some duck right now.
>>
>>35304086
Maybe if you want to taste the heat instead of the meat. Propane really is the superior grilling fuel. For real bbq you want wood or pellets. Charcoal is for hookahs and plebs.
>>
>>35300815
I was sick and tired of the scraping.
I used a cheap old charcoal grill when I lived at home and it made me hate barbecuing because I thought it was synonymous with raw food that tasted of smoke and foreverially scraping and cleaning the grate and the pan and getting coal dust everywhere when emptying it, so I got this gas grill on the cheap from some dude who said it didn't work.
Blasted the shit out of it with a pressure washer, soaked the gas vents in lye and blasted water through them, changed the spark thingy that ignites the gas, left the flame shield and grate to soak in lye for three days before pressure washing it, before sanding down the flame shield with an angle grinder with a sanding (?) disc, and finishing up with boat rubbing and a polishing disc. The oil on the grate keeps anything from getting stuck ot that, and when the flame shield or grill itself starts getting dirty, I just give it a quick blasting with the pressure washer.

>>35301019
I do keep the garage door slightly open, together with a window to air the place out a little - I also have my home gym there, and I fear I might get distracted if the smell of meat stuck to the walls (Probably some /plg/ denizen's wet dream).

>>35304086
>>35306095
Let's just not take that debate. I like using coals and wood, but the way I see it, the situation doesn't allow for it. I might step up to it some time this summer, it'd be pretty cool to try.
>>
>>35300049
>Cooking food makes it disgusting

Microwave is the best method for cooking many viscous foods, learn to cook
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.