[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, almost never on this board, but I need some advice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: le not me.jpg (16 KB, 416x234) Image search: [Google]
le not me.jpg
16 KB, 416x234
Hey guys, almost never on this board, but I need some advice.

How do I get strong? Every time i try to find a program, its only about getting big, i have no problem getting bigger, but my strength isn't really getting better than before.

i have twice as big arms as before, but i'm not any stronger, its depressing.

So post whatever.. diets, programs, other tips
>>
>>35284052
Fuck you. Read the sticky.
>>
Read the sticky
>>
I highly doubt your arms have doubled in size and you have made no strength gains
>>
>>35284059
>>35284058
The link didnt work guys, i tried.
>>
>>35284061
i gained like 17kg after i started training, but not much strenght
>>
>>35284066
Huh, you're right. Didn't work for me either.
>>
>>35284052

dead lifts
>>
>>35284052
>how do I get strong.

What a fucking stupid question. Pick a routine that people stand by and stick with that for atleast 2-3 months with a consistent diet(whatever that may be)

I started out with All Pros which isn't good for strength but I think it contributed to me looking bigger than I can lift(combined with small bone structure) however, I found it pretty slow.

I force-fed myself cause I was 130 pounds soaking wet but whatever works for you :)
>>
>>35284560
i sticked to stronglifts for 8 months, then i started with some program a friend made(hes a weightlifter)

same happend to me, looked bigger than how strong i was.
if i eat more, i will become fat
>>
>>35284052
>How do I get strong? Every time i try to find a program, its only about getting big, i have no problem getting bigger, but my strength isn't really getting better than before.
1 - 6 reps for strength with up to 5 mins rest
8 - 12 reps for hypertrophy (muscle mass) with up to 2 minutes rest
15 - 25 reps for endurance with up to 30s rest

Check your form and ROM, ensure your diet is up to scratch, that you get enough sleep and that you give muscles 3 days after training to recover.

Source: I'm a personal trainer
>>
>>35284672
Also if you should be struggling with the last rep, if you are aiming for strength but can do 8 reps on the first set, you are using too light a weight.
>>
Thanks for the replies guys, nevermind, i have figured it out now.
>>
>>35284672
>Source: I'm a personal trainer
haha go away

Either your form is shit, you're too much of a pussy to push yourself, you're not eating enough or you're not sleeping enough. My bet is on all 4.

Stick to a rep range for each movement. Fucking log it, use a notepad or one of the millions of strength logging apps available. Log every single set you do. Let's say 6-8 reps for bench. If you got 60kg x 6 last session, try for 60kg x 7. Then move up to 60kg x 8. If you can get that for the top set and you're not practically at failure, i.e. you have at least one-two more reps in you if you pushed it, then up the weight by 2.5kg and drop back down to the lower end of the rep range.

If you're not able to add reps like this, something is wrong with your diet or your sleep.
>>
>>35284714
>haha go away
You then proceeded to pretty much type what he already contributed.
>>
>>35284061
>>35284074
burger only no exercise
>>
>>35284672
>1-6 reps for strength
>8-12 reps for hypertrophy
I guess 7 reps does literally nothing?

OP, ALL rep ranges will make you strong
SS, SL, ICF, whatever
just pick one and stick to it
>>
>>35284695
fuck off
>>
>>35284815
>I guess 7 reps does literally nothing?
Someone is trying too hard to recreate a shared picture.
Good luck reaching a 4pl8 DL if all you do all day is DL the bar, rep range affects how effective it is for strength, hypertrophy and endurance, because different people train for different things.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.