[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: goggins.jpg (50 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
goggins.jpg
50 KB, 300x300
Why is it so boring or do I have a low attention span. 6:30 pace; admittedly, never run over 3miles at once, but it doesn't make me feel tired/muscular exhaustion then, just...bored.
>>
>>35282384

>never run over 3miles at once
>it doesn't make me feel tired/muscular exhaustion

then run more you fucking retard
>>
>>35282384
I do the same. No reason really to run farther than that.
How about running faster, OP?
I specifically train to crush 5k's and not really anything else, so my longest runs are honestly like 6.5k
>>
If you've never experienced a runner's high then you're not living life. Run more.
>>
>>35282384
>doesn't make me feel tired/muscular exhaustion

I hate you, I would run 100km if I was like that.
>>
Running is the most boring sport there is. More than 20min and I fall asleep
>>
>>35284276

ive experienced a marijuana high, how does it compare?
>>
>>35282384
I'll tell you why OP, it's because running is boring as SHIT

It's basically the same thing as cycling, except it's harder on your joints and muscles, and it takes much longer to get from point A to point B, meaning you gotta look at the same shit for longer.

Cycling requires more gear,, but the faster pace will keep you fairly cool, as long as you stay well-hydrated.

I can't think of any reason to run instead of cycle for your cardio, unless of course you are training for some sort of running competition
>>
audiobooks, podcasts

seriously use it as 30-60 minutes a few times a week to learn something new, makes it 10x more enjoyable
>>
>>35284394
because you don't have to worry about putting on stupid gear, your bike getting wet or muddy, traffic, wind speed and direction, you can literally just put on a pair of running shoes and go anywhere you want

plus the fact you can burn calories about 3x as fast running as you can cycling. that's probably the biggest one.
>>
>>35282384
if medium or long distances bore you, then fucking sprint you retard. 10x100m with short break between sprints. start off with maximum 2 minute break between until you can finally manage with 10 second break between each sprint.
>>
Run faster
>>
>>35282384
you obviously don't apreciate time on your own, when I'm running, that's my time.
>No complaining wife
>no stupid fucking kids screaming
>no cell phone so people cant call me and ask me stupid fucking questions or ask me to do things for them .
>time alone to think
>time to listen to that new album you have wanted to hear for ages but didn't have the time.
I'm sure there is many more non phyisical reasons why running is great.
Also as a result of all the things I like about running this causes me to run further and further away from my house because I don't want to go back to that shit hole full of stress and crap , this = better workout .

I'm a former alcoholic and I think I swapped drinking for running.
>>
>>35284693
>35284693

I'm a shut in so I always appreciated it for exploring the neighborhoods and areas around my apartment. Further I go, more cool stuff I find. Like a sweet nature path next to bog a mile or two from my house. Too bad my room mate got pissed and thought we were gonna get jumped by homeless people because it was night time.

What kinda homeless dude goes 2 miles away from downtown to sleep on a nature trail next to a bog?!
>>
>>35284394
Running for as little as 30 minutes can have a positive impact. What good is cycling for 30 minutes going to do?
>>
>>35284718
Isn't it just 30 minutes of cardio? Does it really matter if it's running/cycling/zumba/swimming?
>>
>>35284742
>being this ignorant about cardio
Seriously, read this article as a start.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html/

goddamn people that don't do cardio and wonder why they look like chit
>>
>>35282384

Have fun blowing your knees up.
Doing boxing is much better for cardio if you're lifting.
>>
>>35284377
Its like you're hole body feels like the top of you're penos
>>
>>35284770
this literally says nothing about different forms of cardio you retard
>>
>>35284400
so much this
i am not hardcore enough to run outside in shitty weather so i used to run on treadmill in the gym and watch videos on my phone
watched all seasons of mcguyver and planned to move on to coursera videos
>>
>>35284777
Have fun getting punched in the face until you have brain damage, fuckwad. Every exercise is a form of stress to the body and can be done excessively.
>>
>>35284770
This doesn't say anything about running being a superior form of cardio. Any form of cardio will suffice.
>>
>>35284710
bear grillz
>>
File: 1446162601248.gif (456 KB, 480x361) Image search: [Google]
1446162601248.gif
456 KB, 480x361
holy shit i just ran a mile

when does the high kick in? my hands and feet just go numb
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.