[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
running equipment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151216_174711316.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151216_174711316.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
I wanna start running but I'm a poorfag. I have like seven dollars right now. Can I run in my regular sneakers from Walmart or will I fuck up my feet? Do I really have to buy fancy running shoes?

>pic related
>>
You'll fuck your feet up if you have anything less than 50 dollars with bad form.

Learn how to barefoot run and you can literally run in any shoe. It's not as mechanically efficient for distance running though be warned.
>>
Ideally you'll want to upgrade eventually, but there isn't a whole lot of harm in running in regular sneakers (providing you're doing short runs and not marathon training or whatever). I run in four year old Nike's that have no business on anyone's feet, but then I'm a poorfag too so you do what you can.

Also, can this be a /running/ general? My left foot pronates, and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to fix it, or if it's just something I have to learn to put up with.
>>
>>35277056
Aw man. I'll have to save up for a pair.

I forgot to mention that I have extensor tendinitis in one foot and really high arches. Are there special shoes for that??
>>
Yes you will fuck up your feet
>>
>>35277111
Go to a specialty store.

You can get inserts for high arches, but supposedly they break down very quickly.
>>
>>35277084
your feet are supposed to pronate when you run
>>
>>35277111
You can still do light jogs and distance walking with those shoes if you are looking to do some cardio. I know that brand and the sole is just to stiff. You'll end up hurting your joints.

Google "pose running" to find out what is anon talking about when he talks about form here >>35277056

And yes, there are special shoes for your condition but you would have to go to a store where they are going to charge you a lot more than 7 dollars for shoes.
>>
>>35277136
Damn this is gonna be an expensive hobby for me.

>>35277171
Imma stick to jogs until I can get some better kicks. Bad joints don't sound fun.
>>
>>35277151
But only one foot and not the other? Is this really supposed to be the case?
>>
>>35277209
>Imma stick to jogs until I can get some better kicks.

Better than nothing m8. Best of lucks.
>>
>>35277242
both of your feet are pronating. Are you saying that your left foot overpronates? Or supinates (underpronates)?
>>
>>35277009

I've found over the years that good running shoes are one of the few "premium" items that are well and truly worth the money despite needing to be replaced every ~500 miles or so. Just make sure you go to a running store and get fit. Wearing the wrong size or wrong type can be just as bad wearing shitty shoes. Tying too tight or too loose can cause injuries.
>>
>>35277009
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOOOOOOOSE
>pro tip: running won't get you built /b/ro
>>
>>35277111
I've run distances in worn out running shoes and it hurts. A good pair will usually run in the nature of $100, but they're worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. I have high arches and use power step orthotics. They're about $30 at most running stores or a pharmacy that carrys home health supplies. They wear out after like 6 months, but then again so do your shoes if you're a heavy runner.

I used to wear new balances, but I bought a pair of the first generation Brookes PurCadence and I've been a Brookes fan ever since. They're minimalist shoes, but they're posted (awesome arch support, especially with inserts). Very light, good support and super comfy. You need to go try on a few pairs. Different brands, styles, etc to find the right one for you. Any good shoe store will be able to help you with this.
>>
>>35279308
I don't wanna get built yet, I wanna lose weight. Then get built.

>>35279281
I googled and found a running store in my city. They even have a treadmill to test out the shoes you want. :D

>>35279419
Thank you, I'll check out those orthotics.
>>
Just run in what you've got mate. Down the track you should invest in some better shoes though.
>>
>>35277009
been working a seasonal job for ups and my knees fucking HURT. Im training for the marines and I need to be able to do my cardio comfortably what do I dooooo

also cutting pretty hard, ive heard weight loss attributes to knee pain.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.