[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I need to squat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: ivan's-legs.jpg (41 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
ivan's-legs.jpg
41 KB, 267x400
Fit, srs bsns here.

I bike a lot, take it seriously, enjoy it as a sport etc etc. I what to starting lifting for better upper body looks, bigger shoulders and arms and stuff, but my legs are pretty set already.

My quads and calves look like pic related
>without the post race pump
>or the sponsorship

so my question am I missing out if I don't bother squatting and just do upper body and deadlifts? I want to overall get stronger and look better but i can already kick a horse through a barn door with my bike legs so why bother, right?
>>
cut them off...? what do u mean u cut your dick hole.
>>
Those aren't big legs lol mine are bigger with only a 130kg squat
>>
>>35275144
just do plyometrics and clean/power clean/snatch instead...

also nobody here believes you have big legs, but unlike 99.999% of /fit/, i happen to think large thighs are unaesthetic, so i support your pussyfaggotry.

consider doing hip thrusts instead of squats, though.
dem glutes...
>>
>>35275313
thanks good answer. im going to try a push/pull/compound routine this week with hang cleans and deads for the compound lifts, see how it feels

>brb boulder shoulders

my ass is already basically perfect biking hits the entire lower chain
>>
>>35275676
>my ass is perfect
ok, i disbelieved you about the legs, but no i 100000% do not believe you at all, even a little bit.

post pics of your severely underdeveloped glutes, nigger.

>2015
>thinking it is possible to get big enough glutes naturally
>thinking it is possible to have a disproportionately big ass
>>
>>35275676
>biking hits the entire lower chain
which is why literally no cyclist ever has had a good ass?
makes sense..
>>
File: download (1).jpg (12 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
12 KB, 194x259
>>35275978
>>35275966

You're all on crack. Cyclist butt is the aesthetic ideal

male
>>
File: tumblr_lgnpw5UJ3E1qdficso1_500.jpg (70 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lgnpw5UJ3E1qdficso1_500.jpg
70 KB, 500x557
female
>>
squatting does a lot for your back and entire core too. at least do some squats and deadlifts
>>
>>35275144
There are a lot of muscles in the lower body. If you want to develop them you should think about doing some squat and deadlift variations.
It's beneficial to your biking which you say you take seriously anyways.
>>
You don't need to squat but you do need to deadlift or do some other variety of hip hinge motion since cycling is very quad dominate, your glutes and hamstrings are definitely going to be lagging behind. Romanian deadlifts, good morning, glute ham raise, even a reverse hyper would be useful for you.
>>
File: dat booty butt.jpg (96 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
dat booty butt.jpg
96 KB, 900x900
>>35276389
>literally no glutes
...wut?

dude...
are you srsly?

those legs go right into the back, with zero transition

literally smaller asses than most DYELs

pic related - you cannot get an ass this fine without implants or synthol
>>
>>35276472
lies.
all those muscles would be targeted with clean/snatch/variations thereof.

and it would train explosivity, which actually WOULD translate to his cycling, unlike squatting, which could slow him down at the expense of increased strength
>>
>>35276389
>>35276406
>aesthetic ideal
>ass flatter than a piece of paper
sir mix-a-lot called.
he has a great many issues with your claims
>>
>>35276591
>>35275978
>>35276428

okay, okay
i like the idea of deads and hang cleans. maybe full cleans and deadlift instead.

I cant see making squats a focus tho, i feel like its a waste of time.
>>
ITT: people who arent gonna make it

asking if you need to squat... lel
>>
>>35275144
aerob training doesn't make up for no anaerobic training faggot
>>
>>35276675
>>35276711

I prefer a lean and sophisticated aesthetic, the whole ghetto booty/fat girl thing most of /fit/ is into is frankly just lower class and disgusting and trashy.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.