[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here tried Spirulina suppliments? Apparently it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Spirulina.jpg (211 KB, 1487x765) Image search: [Google]
Spirulina.jpg
211 KB, 1487x765
Has anyone here tried Spirulina suppliments?

Apparently it's the most amazing super food in the world. Supposedly it's 60% pure protein and has all the essential amino acids and tons vitamis and vital minerals.

The only downside is the disgusting smell/taste and the slightly high price.
>>
bump. no one?
>>
>>35274459
>detoxes
that's a bunch of pseudosciece, op
>>
>>35274459
i was big into it a few years ago when i read the nutrition info and nothing else.

apparently very few of the nutrients are bio-available.
and most commercial spirulina doesn't even live up to its (non bio-available) nutritional claims

i would rather have brotein powder and a multi, tbhfam
>>
>>35274459
>The only downside is the disgusting smell/taste
put it in homemade bread (cooked), or homemade proteinbars (raw). Gives a richer taste and removes the rancid flavour it has on its own.
>>
>>35274608

OP here. I'd love to have whey powder but I'm extremely lactose intorelance. That's why this algea shit really caught my attention. 60% protein and very easy to digest
>>
>>35274707
That sounds like an extremely expensive alternative.Whey protein isolate is free of lactose. What about that?
>>
>>35274829

I've tried those. They still give me gas and runny shit ;_;
>>
>>35274894
Nobody needs protein powders. Just get your proteins from real food. most whitefish will give you 30 gr pro pr 100 gr fish, and it's not nearly as expensive as spirulina. If you want to use spirulina add some here and there maybe, but don't lean on it. You'll go broke if you do that.
>>
>>35274894
there are other sources of protein than whey.

also you can totally get enough protein without supplementation

.64-.82g/lb protein isn't even terrifically a lot.
>>
>>35274950
>>35274968

I know I know. I was just curious if any other anon uses these on a regular basis and wanted to know their experience of it
>>
>>35274894
egg protein
rice protein
hemp protein
pea protein
they even have cricket protein
just avoid soy.

alternatively, eat meat
>>
>>35275000
I got it free from my last work place and used it for a while. I'm >>35274620
As a supplement it's ok, but not really worth the money. Kinda cool to experiment with in food, but you get a lot more from just eating proper food.
>>
The spirulina raw revolution bars are the fucking bomb. Only way to eat that garbage. They are delicious.
>>
>>35274459
I've never heard about it.
I feel like if it was that amazing I would have heard about it by now.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.