[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone tried St John's Wort for mild depression?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: stjohnswort.jpg (130 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
stjohnswort.jpg
130 KB, 400x320
Has anyone tried St John's Wort for mild depression?
>>
On 1800mg for a month now. I definitely helped make calmer and more content. I don't have crying fits over minor things anymore and don't feel like tearing up in public either.

So I would very much recommend it for mild depression, anything more severe and you're better off talking to a doctor though.
>>
>>35272527
It helps some people, it didn't help me. I saw better results on 200-400mg/day of SAM-E and a Vitamin B complex.
>>
>>35272653
>>35272765
Thanks guy, I'll try experimenting with dosages. Did you notice if it had a same day effect or was it over time?
>>
>>35272527
I used it for anxiety. Using anxiety medication for depression sounds like a recipe for disaster. Luckily for you it's not actually a medication and any changes are all placebo anyway so you'll be fine and you might think it works anyway.
>>
it helps me, but doesn't last very long.
Basically I take 3 pills before meeting a girl and that turns me into a smoother, relaxed pimp daddy
>>
Didn't do much for me, I had more success with 5-htp, just don't mix that shit with antidepressants.
>>
>>35273404
It's homeopathy... Of course it's a placebo.
>>
>>35272901
Took about two weeks before I noticed it worked.
>>
>>35272901
SAM-E anon here, that stuff kicks in within 30 minutes and lasts all day. It's the closest I've ever come to calling something a 'silver bullet' for depression. Buy the 800mg tabs on Amazon and just cut them in halves or quarters instead of buying the 400s, you'll save some cash that way. I've taken prescription SSRIs before and hated every minute of it - instead of feeling like shit, they make you feel nothing, which is just as bad but in a different fashion IMO. SAM-E makes it easier for me to decide how I want to feel.
>>
>>35272527
I have not used it, but have worked in the supplement industry. People generally like SAMe, St. johns wort or lithium. To each their own
I personally like tianeptine. You can buy this online is you're state side. I dont take it all the time, but some weeks just blow. Typically youll find the salt form, which is more instantly release, but the sulfur form is more extended release. It is very cheap to try the salt form from powdercity. Not trying to steer you, but it if youre not satisfied with what you're currently taking this is something to consider
>>
>>35272653
>crying fits over minor things anymore and don't feel like tearing up in public
That's cute but, yeah, inconvenient
>>
>>35275704
>That feel when in public and struck by existential crisis.
>>
Tianeptine is legal and helps lift my mood and energy up a bit, nothing crazy.
Probably a lot better than St John's Wort.
>>
>>35272527
i take it daily with 5htp. i notice a difference when i don't take it, things aggravate me easier.
>>
>CTRL + F "FISH OIL"
>FISH OIL NOT FOUND
YOUSICKENME.JPEG
>>
>>35278399
Beware people, your dick will become lazier altering your serotonin levels.
>>
Does anyone take anything regularly for anxiety?
I looked at SAMe but people are saying it stimulates you, and I can't be having any of that.
I already take phenibut twice a week to even stuff out, I just want to take something that makes it where I won't have panic attacks.
>>
>>35279285
I take ativan. Don't take too many. I used to take Xanax and if I think about not having Xanax anymore I get kind of grumpy.
>>
>>35272527
Vitamin D is a better option
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.