[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dealing with the social aspect of going to the gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (323 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
323 KB, 1200x1200
>"I spend 2,5 hours at the gym erry day hurr durr"
>on steroids
>30 minutes of training
>one hour of smart phones, comparing stats, annoying women, gossiping like women and making skellies like myself or fatties feel decidedly uncomfortable
>one hour of flexing and taking pictures in the mirror
>hogging machines or racks without using them and getting pissy with you when you timidly ask them to step aside after waiting a while
I'm a dyel tier faggot and I've only just started, but it sometimes seems I'm the only one there that actually wants to work. How do you deal with this faggotry /fit/? Keep in mind that most of these guys are twice as big as me, so I can't just slap them.
>>
>>35272336
i think you should mind your business and that your infantile sense of grandiosity doesn't belong into the gym. if someone is bigger than you there is probably a reason for that. once you've made it to Mr O in record time you have earned your right to bitch.
so fuck off.
>>
>>35272355
Wait, I'm complaining about people not minding their business and you're telling me to mind my business? I'm pretty confused here anon, how can I mind my business while I've just told you they're not allowing me to mind my business?
>>
>>35272336
Mate, you work around them, once you really need a machine or whatever, ask if you can work while they rest, don't demand shit from them.
>>
>>35272485
You are no special snowflake and as a dyel i would shut the fuck up and be glad if the lifters let me lift
>>
>>35272485
nobody can give or take your permission to mind your business. just learn how to lift. don't look at what that guy next to you is doing.
>>
File: 1448588886077.jpg (11 KB, 188x209) Image search: [Google]
1448588886077.jpg
11 KB, 188x209
>>35272485
You just sound like a bitch who is overly eager to fit in by complaining about people you can easily work around.

>>hogging machines or racks without using them and getting pissy with you when you timidly ask them to step aside after waiting a while
>.
>.
>.
>timidly
>>
>>35272355
>>35272512
You guys are faggots, holy shit.

The midlife crisis steroid abusers who hog all the equipment are tremendous faggots. All you can do is ask to work in, but a lot of these assholes will say no.
>>
>>35272512
So really, I should consider myself lucky to pay for a gym subscription and actually be allowed to use it by people using it solely to be insufferable douchebags?
>>
>>35272531
^what anon said, OP.Either lift and quit being a bitch or go join crossfit so that you're with a bunch of sissy bois who won't hurt your feelings.
>>
>>35272531
Yes, fitting in on 4chan is my premier goal in life.
>>35272542
Wow, a real reply. Thanks anon. Dissapointing though, I thought there might be something I could say or do.
>>
>>35272637
>Yes, fitting in on 4chan is my premier goal in life.
happens to the best of us, you'll get over it
>>
>>35272637
> a real reply
I guess you must be a skitzo or you're just mentally retarded.
>>
Fellow skelly here brah, iktf

Cunts like the ones you mentioned are insecure prima donnas who enter damage control mode if you pop their ego bubble. Just look at this thread
>>
File: autismo.jpg (118 KB, 671x348) Image search: [Google]
autismo.jpg
118 KB, 671x348
>>35272336
>>"I spend 2,5 hours at the gym erry day hurr durr"
>bigger than me
>need proper resting periods because they're not moving babbyweight
>they actually talk to each other like some kind of socially adjusted normies
>they probably don't even know what a meme is
>can't read my mind and look concerned when I go full autismo trying to form sentences
I've been to the gym twice, but after reading half the sticky I'm convinced I know more than anybody else. How do I maintain my sense of superiority /fit/? Maybe if I make a post on a cambodian knitting conglomerate pretending to be pissy about it with an edgy maymay of Dave Titty, my internet friends will make me feel like I belong.
>>
>judging how hard others work while using pussy supports
>>
>>35272698
Not really, we just dont allow ppl who move bitch weight(like yourself) to work in with us.
>>
Don't ask timidly, either A) tell them you're gonna work in or B) just start doing it

option C) is grab a 20kg plate and tell them FIVE MINUTES

also as a side note, don't fucking assume people are on steroids just because they're big and/or strong, I'm not saying they aren't. But it's a weak thing to assume.
>>
Well fuck, I thought I could start this thread to gain some insight on how others manage to work with these people, but I guess most of you probably are them or are big/confident enough to fully ignore them and/or be respected by them. I just want to say to all you douchebags reading this thread that you are annoying as fuck and you're making it twice as hard for newfags to come to the gym. All your supportive/motivational shit seems to go out the window IRL /fit/, and it's quite sad. I know I'm going to be big regardless of these "people", I was just asking for some help on how to deal with annoying people at the gym, but I guess that was too much to ask. This is my last post on /fit/, so don't bother replying. I'm going to make it, and when I do, I'll still be a decent human being. You can all pretend to be super supportive of each other in this hugbox, but if you're a douchebag IRL, you're a fucking douchebag. See you at the gym, faggots.
>>
>>35272902
Just stop posting and neck urself family
>>
>>35272902
>I was just asking for some help on how to deal with annoying people at the gym, but I guess that was too much to ask. This is my last post on /fit/, so don't bother replying. I'm going to make it, and when I do, I'll still be a decent human being. You can all pretend to be super supportive of each other in this hugbox, but if you're a douchebag IRL, you're a fucking douchebag. See you at the gym, faggots.

ahahahaha

please do fuck off back to reddit.
>>
>>35272336
The fuck kinda gym you been going to? Stop exaggerating you skinny little shit. Mind your own business when you're at the gym, and if you do have a problem go write it in your diary faggot.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>35272902
>See you at the gym, faggots.
>>
>>35272902
Topjej. If you have this much of a fucking problem with people doing shit that annoys you, you're never going to make it because you'll be permanently caught up in some mindset of pissing and moaning about someone else. There will always be some asshole that does shit you won't like. That's how the fucking world works, you pusillanimous little faggot, and if you can't find a way to work around it without complaining to a Vietnamese illuminated manuscript board, you might as well stay home because you'll never make it
>>
>>35272336
whats so bad about texting between sets?
>>
>Too gassed from a set of lifting to use your thumbs on a screen

Fucking kek, why is every powerlifter so disgustingly out of shape?
>>
You just started OP and you will probably stop in a few weeks/months. These people have been lifting for years and spent hundreds of hours in the gym ofcourse they won't always go full retard mode and train like their life depended on it.
>>
I hate the people who take steroids, and then wear a shirt that been cut up so much so that there isn't hardly anything their. These faggots ate annoying and walk around the gym like they are all that. Fuck you, do the work natty. And doing 5 curls with 45lb dumbells doesn't mean you're strong
>>
>>35273029
dunno desu senpai, OP just seems to be looking for excuses to hate everyone

>don't text
>don't look at each other
>don't talk
>don't look at the mirror
>don't chill around the equipment
>don't check stats

What the fuck are we supposed to do while resting? I guess everyone could be pacing up and down, psyching themselves up, but that would be far more stereotypical chimp behavior than anything else OP describes.
>>
>>35272759
THE ALMIGHTY GYM COMMANDER HAS SPOKEN. THEY DICITATE WHAT YOU DO IN THE GYM AND YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO QUESTION IF YOU LIFT MORE WEIGHT.
>>
>>35272759
Jesus you sound like those faggots who have no personality and their whole identity revolves around the gym.
>>
Anyone who wears a stringer is immediately a faggot. There's nothing functional about that shit and it's only to feebly attempt to show off.
>>
>>35272902
why don't you try to be friendly.
there are the regulars in the gym that workout, and have gotten to know each other, and maybe even become friends. They probably have some decent knowledge and experience.
some of them are even friendly guys, who knew?
try asking if you could work in. and if you want to get on their good side, ask for help with something, like form check or what assistance work they would recommend for x or any good mobility stuff.
I've been to gyms with a group of jacked roided out ex us-military guys that were working "private security". they brought a lot of equipment to the gym for anyone to use and would pall around with each other. one time i asked one for a form check and some pointers, and what do you know, next time I came is he said hi, and asked how I was. low and behold, he wasn't an ass.
>>
>>35272512
Oh my god stop acting like there's a fucking social hierarchy. "be glad that the lifters let me lift" who the fuck do you think you are? People pay the same amount to use the gym, everyone has the same right to the equipment. Stop acting like being bigger than people gives you some kind of seniority in a gym.

This is why people hate us, this is where the meathead stereotype comes from, and this is why women date "dad-bods" assholes like you who think being big gives them superiority in a modern society.
>>
this is what i do when i run in to that problem. i just quit paying a gym member ship. i go and find a job that will work my ass off so i dont have to work out and stay in shape. go dig ditches, trim trees, or work your ass off. burn more than you eat thats what they used to do back before gyms. if you wanna get bigger get new parents or go buy some good genetics.
>>
>>35272336
I don't even have enough time to write a proper response to your bullshit post, but you truly are a turd of a human being.

Cheers.
>>
saw a guy with his friend taking pictures of him doing pullups

was a pajeet too

had to try hard not to laugh
>>
>>35272336
if you aren't able to send a text message between sets you might be retarded.
>>
question

why do you care what other people do?

the only time I pay attention to people at the gym is if they are using a bench or weights that I need.
>>
>>35272336
>being so tired you can't move your thumbs after a set
i... i guess i have literally never worked hard enough.

moral of the story. you can get great gains without "working hard enough"

never in my life have i been too fatigued to pick up a phone and press it with my fingers.
>>
dave tate looks like shit and thinks he' something special, making statements like that

he's just a fat fuck on roids who tore every muscle in his body training like a retard

he cut down once which revealed his frankenstein like mess of torn bodyparts and shit proportions

he didnt last long and is fat as fuck again now

fuck him
>>
>>35272706
that pic is fucking priceless/10

>>35273037
>why is every powerlifter so disgustingly out of shape
>powerlifter
>out of shape

kinda answered your own question there...

>>35272902
>4chan
>hugbox
literally kill yourself, you weak faggot.

if you are too weak to handle yourself among men, that is your own problem, not 4chan's
>>
>>35273111
This tbqh myfam. It's not a good style on anyone and forcing everyone to get a glimpse of your naked shaven body is really rude. Also contacting public equipment with bare skin is bad juju.
>>
>>35273111
what if i like to check my deltoids in the mirror as i do my side-laterals to ensure i am engaging the anterior head as little as possible, while having the weight shifted as forward as possible (thus minimizing posterior delt engagement as well)??

>>35273208
this.
most of those guys in your gym are probably 9/10 bros

ten bucks says you were just the shitty dyel.
your OP pic and all of your posts seem to support that hypothesis.
>>
>>35274471
JM when are you finally going to anhero? You are an extremely negative and insecure person. I dislike you intensely.
>>
File: second.jpg (15 KB, 299x264) Image search: [Google]
second.jpg
15 KB, 299x264
>>35274250
>I don't even have enough time to write a proper response to your bullshit post, but you truly are a turd of a human being.
i concur with this anon

>>35274471
while everything you said is 100% accurate, i question your position to judge others.
given that you are roiding fraud with garbage proportions yourself.
the only difference is you brag about fucking that one 6/10 peurto rican bitch or whatever.

because it is, apparently, so hard to get laid on vacation, even though it is basically assumed you are going to get laid when you go to a shit-tier area like the Caribbean on vacation (spoiler alert: people don't go to jamaica for the food)
>>
>>35272336
If you're incapable of sending a text message between sets,

you probably are doing cardio.
- Dave Tate is a Retard
>>
>>35272336
If they are twice as big as you you dont work more than them dude
>>
>>35274525
>turning your head during a lift
It's not heavy enough and you're not gonna make it
>>
>>35272591
Yes lifting is a privledge not a right
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.