[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fat fuck who's decided to get his shit together here. So,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: cardio.jpg (22 KB, 529x274) Image search: [Google]
cardio.jpg
22 KB, 529x274
Fat fuck who's decided to get his shit together here.

So, I started a pretty severe diet, as well as powerwalk 10km a day. I've been going for 40 days, and so far I'm down 12kg. More importantly though, my resting pulse is down from a horrible and worrying 80-95bpm to 55-60 in that short amount of time. Is this normal /fit/, or am I killing myself or something? I was pleased at first, since that rate is pretty much an ideal according to my doctor (as explained when he pointed out that my previous heartrate was pretty much a death omen), but it seems like a steep drop in a very short amount of time.
>>
>>35266290
It's fine. That's a healthy resting rate and highly trained athletes usually have resting BPM's in the 40-50 range
>>
>>35266312

Good, just seemed to happen really fast, going from "nigga u gon die" to pretty much healthy in 40 days. Also, while I am dropping the weight it's not like I'm not still a fat fuck, bu my estimates I won't be approaching a normal weight for my height until late spring if I keep going in the same pace. Feels kinda weird to still be fat but -feel- healthy, you know?
>>
>>35266331
Feels good though, doesn't it ?
>>
>>35266430

Yeah, it does. I was kinda blown away at how fast you can build endurance and cardio when you work at it diligently. Also makes it easier to keep it at when you see fast results.
>>
>>35266290
That's actually p. good.

You should actually consider start going to the gym now and follow some weightlifting routine and take advantage of the treadmills to start picking up the pace. Maybe do c25k.

Stay focused and you'll make it breh.
>>
>>35266443
I know that feel. Pic related, it used to be between 80-90 bpm at rest for me too, now it's down to 60-65 at rest. I'm also fat, made big changes in my diet half October, lost 11kg since then, I jog 3-4 times a week.
Keep it up bro.
>>
>>35266331
Well lets not delude ourselves into thinking you're healthy if you're still fat, that's some tumblr logic. You are more healthy than you were but still have a ways to go I'm sure. I would slow down on the weight loss though, make sure you're drinking a lot of water or you're going to end up with loose skin and lost muscle.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-16-03-36-18.png (58 KB, 1012x582) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-16-03-36-18.png
58 KB, 1012x582
>>35266512

Noice m8! Pic related, freshly taken.

>>35266464

I've been considering it. All I do that's even remotely "lift" related is pushups (10-30 every 2 days). I have such a low cal diet right now though that IDK if I'd be able to build much muscle. Plan was to take weight off until normal weight (BMI of 25, i.e no longer officially overweight) and then go from there.
>>
>>35266579

Didn't mean to say I am healthy, I said I feel healthy in the sense that I can actually walk those 10km at a brisk pace and not be fatigued. It's all relative though, feels healthy relative to how it was, kinda like how a regular headache feels comfy in comparison to a migraine.
>>
>>35266579
>>35266639

And yeah, long ways to go. Fucking 45kg left to go for my goal weight. Probably won't be able to keep up this pace forever though, <1000cal intake per day right now.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.