[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>starting to diet seriously for first time >not actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 4L_PZ1dNfQG.png (35 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
4L_PZ1dNfQG.png
35 KB, 645x773
>starting to diet seriously for first time
>not actually lifting yet so I'll refrain from calling it cutting
>it's the holidays
>junk food literally surrounding me 24/7
>also was my birthday
>friends brought one of my favorite foods, unhealthy af potato salad
>also cake of course
>had to force myself to not eat more than a bite of any of this to be polite while still eating healthy

Bros, does it get any easier?
>>
It only gets easier after your attitude changes. The taste and smell of food will never change.
>>
>>35259062
But I can expect less of this shite to be around after the holidays are over, right?
>>
OP I just decided not to take it anymore and completely stopped being pressured into eating, and it worked out pretty well.
>Started dieting this July
>Survived countless parties/birthdays
>Survived Halloween
>Survived Thanksgiving
>Christmas is just around the corner
>Lost 30 pounds, now skelly mode
I made it guys.
>>
>>35259165
>skelly
>made it

You're gonna have to select one mate
>>
>>35259031
start on January the 1st like every other normie and then quit 2 months later.

>repeat this every year until early death.

that my advice to you .
>>
>>35259223
I meant I made through the holidays.
Someday, I'll really make it.
>>
File: 4L_oFu2dOMi.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
4L_oFu2dOMi.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
>>35259239
see, I thought by not putting it off and starting now I'd prove something to myself and be less likely to quit

I have no plans to, yet. It's not like I ran out and bought a gym membership, I'm trying to start small and make sure I'm committed before bothering actually dedicated people.
>>
>>35259331
ok you want to take baby steps and not jump straight into it ?

download myfitnesspal or mynetdairy.
count your calories everyday. and set your goal to maintain.
live by the numbers you are restricted to.

If your anything like me and completely over obsessive with numbers and shit you will stick to it, it will become your new bible in how you live your life.

Every now and then you will go over your calorie limit .

The only way to fix this is to either eat less or do some exercise.
I'm a hungry guy so I'd rather bust my ass on a ten mile run than just not eat.
plus I know if I go running eating a slice of cheese cake or some ice cream isn't going to fuck me up and get me fat.

This will slowly encourage you to exercise.
you'll wake up one day and think "shit I look and feel so much better just from dieting and the ocasional jog and that was easy. I should step up my game "

this is how I got started .
now I'm addicted.

best of luck
>>
>>35259565
Thanks, this is pretty much what I've been doing already. Though honestly it seems like I can still eat normal meals, I've just had to cut out snacking on random stuff in between.
>>
the holidays are the best test of willpower.

desu tho just rape the turkey and ham, whilst avoiding the sweets and it's honestly alot of free macros; supposing you're going to a relatives for dinner and not preparing the feast(s) for others.
>>
>>35260154
then continue eating good.
I don't know what other advice we can give you.
>>
File: 1432456820932.png (132 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
1432456820932.png
132 KB, 500x358
I've had people tell me 'get a life' simply because I eat healthy all the time.
>>
File: 1432049913250.png (330 KB, 764x432) Image search: [Google]
1432049913250.png
330 KB, 764x432
>>35259062
Yes it does. After drastically cutting down on sugar, now sweet things make me puke and previously bland food tastes much better.
>>
>>35260357
I just ate two cans of tuna and a tomatoe.
5 months ago this would have been nasty tasteless shit.
I actualy enjoyed it and want more.

I had a sip of pepsi the otherday and holy shit it's fucking sweet, sprite too.
I can't belive I used to drink this shit on a regular basis.
The only sweet things I eat now is an occasional chocolate bar like once a week because who dosnt like chocolate, a slice cake if my wife makes some but that's once a month and tons of fruit .
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.