[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0I hZ-R1O8g duuuude. anyb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 25
File: wer-auf-dem-bauernhof.jpg (37 KB, 610x344) Image search: [Google]
wer-auf-dem-bauernhof.jpg
37 KB, 610x344
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0IhZ-R1O8g

duuuude.

anybody who watches this will probably go full vegan.

>all those studies
>animal products are fucking us up like crazy

omfg. it seems like we are making the same progression to leaving out animal products as with smoking.
>>
>we
Don't think so slim.
>>
Just because you made this thread, I'm gonna go buy another roast chicken from the supermarket
>>
>Greger

>>>/trash/
>>
>>35258626

Are you the same guy every single time, am i right? That skinny dyel with hairy shoulders that keeps posting his pic. You samefag and shamelessly self bump your own threads. Do you think you are going to make anyone go vegan just by shitposting all day long on /fit/? Do you realize that being this kind of preachy boring and repetitive only makes people fed up of vegans/veganism in general? I mean, when people start to maybe consider if going vegan they think about people like you and instantly feel repulsed. Like the extremist feminist bigots and so that only make people hate feminism because of how annoying they are. You are not helping, you are just doing the whole "vegan cause" or whatever you call it more damage than anything else.
>>
>>35259925
Not him but im a transitioning vegan (still eat some stuff with dairy products cooked into it) and I couldnt give a fuck whether or not youre vegan. The only one youre punishing is yourself not us lol
>>
File: 328946283.jpg (13 KB, 252x276) Image search: [Google]
328946283.jpg
13 KB, 252x276
>>35259956

>this is what vegans actually believe
>>
>>35259956

>us

kek
>>
File: meatereater.jpg (108 KB, 894x937) Image search: [Google]
meatereater.jpg
108 KB, 894x937
>>35258626
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>35258626

Another vegan thread. Sage and continue, nothing to see here.
>>
>>35260012
WHATEVER IT TAKES MEATER EATER
>>
The sheer amount of research he is presenting for the health problems that animals products cause is insane. Don't expect any meat fags to face reality though, I doubt even 1 in 100 of the idiots here that see this link will watch it. Thanks for sharing though, I'm only 25 minutes in and this is really eye opening.

Been a vegan myself for nearly 4 months now, I made the change due to the disgusting meat industry and how animals are treated, didn't give much thought to the health risks of meat, dairy and eggs but watching this I am so fucking glad I made the change.
>>
>>35260117
>due to the disgusting meat industry and how animals are treated
I work on a farm and our animals are treated fine you fag.
>>
>>35260117

Stop samefaging, you don't fool anyone bitch
>>
>>35259925
Not OP here

You're the same guy who accuses anyone posting vegan/vegetarian/pescetarian material of "samefagging"; you're the same guy who vomits a bunch of name-calling shit over and over

It sucks to be you

>>35259956
>I couldnt give a fuck whether or not youre vegan
I'm pescetarian and I don't give a fuck about what non-vegans eat or not as well, they're the one who believe shit like >>35258956 triggers us or that non-meat eaters are crusading against them (it's likely the opposite)
>>
>>35260117
So much samefag, just like every other fucking vegan thread.

Don't forget to always sage and report.
>>
>>35258626
I couldnt here you over my 10 boxes of imported fried chicken

I actually do have boxes of imported fried chicken btw. Pollo Campero some god tier shit
>>
>>35258626
Im new to this shit so enlighten me here will you pal?
The general gist of it is that if i'm vegan I don't eat meat, I don't drink milk, I don't eat eggs? is that it? THEN WHAT THE FUCK DO I EAT? FUCKING GRASS?
I mean sure I can understand that meat might cause some problems so people refrain from eating it but MILK? EGGS? How the fuck am i supposed to get my daily dose of calcium or protein or vitamins if I don't eat eggs and drink milk? like wtf dude?
>>
>>35260306
>>35260269
not even a samefag you idiots but believe what you want
>>35260155
I didn't say all of the meat industry is terrible, but a lot of it is. Besides, I don't see how one can consider slaughtering an animal fine treatment
>>
>>35260325
>THEN WHAT THE FUCK DO I EAT? FUCKING GRASS?
Yes
>>
>>35260325
>daily vitamins
vegetables
>calcium
almond or soy milk, green vegetables
>what to eat?
bananas
watermelon
nuts
ramen
oats
lentils
all kinds of beans
avacado
kale
broccoli
spinach
bread
blueberries
cabbage
apples
pineapple
macaroni
vegan meat products
soy beans

I dunno, fucking google it retard
>>
>>35260341
Yes it is. You can post from different devices or switch your IP all you want, but you have a fairly distinctive writing style and you're really not fooling anyone. Since the mods don't seem inclined to do their fucking jobs and just ban you and the pedo vegan for spamming your troll threads daily, the least you could do is do it fucking honestly.

But who am I kidding, we all know vegans have no problems lying to and abusing people as long as the ends justify the means. You'll never just be upfront with your shilling.
>>
>>35258626
If you don't know how to pick quality animal products it will
>it seems like we are making the same progression to leaving out animal products as with smoking.
Meat isn't bad for you nor does it cause cancer.
>>
>>35260275
>You're the same guy who accuses anyone posting vegan/vegetarian/pescetarian material of "samefagging"
Naw I do this too. It's either the chimp or pedovegan most of the times.
>>
>>35260341
>slaughtering an animal fine treatment

You bleeding heart fucking retards are so stupid. Go run up to a bear and tell him you're a vegan as he rips your face off and see if he gives a flying fuck. Pull the dildo out of your ass and go do some real work in your life
>>
>>35260306
>report
Could you point out which rule(s) is this thread breaking? You're free to filter threads you don't like if you're that autismal that seeing something you don't like triggers you too much

>>35260325
The discourse on milk and eggs is more ethical than anything. For example, the eggs industry forces automated deaths of every chicks born male and grants horrible, short lives for chickens, so it's not really for the eggs per se rather than for industry behind it. Not every vegetarian is a non-lacto-ovo vegetarian. Someone argue that the cholesterol in eggs can be unhealthy (but if e.g. you have your own chickens and they lay no more than 100 eggs / year this "risk" is really negligible imho) and some argue that milk could lead to various intolerances and inflammations.

>>35260377
> you have a fairly distinctive writing style and you're really not fooling anyone
I'm >>35260275 and that was my first post in this thread. I've already seen this exact words of yours posted over and over in threads you don't like.

>>35260392
I don't know who "the chimp" or the "pedovegan" is or are. I don't post in /roid/ threads given that I don't roid, but I don't shitpost in there too. Why do you feel the urge to behave like this?

>>35260404
How many bears have you faced?
>>
>>35259956
>The only one youre punishing is yourself not us lol
Actually by consuming a consuming meat, human omnivores which include meat in their diet are getting more and much higher quality protein as well as all complete proteins necessary in the human diet. They are 'punishing' no one and very much helping themselves , their health, and accelerating their muscular development. Quit shilling and research.
>>
>>35260012
WHATEVER IT TAKES MEATER EATER!
>>
>>35260431
>I don't post in /roid/ threads given that I don't roid, but I don't shitpost in there too
What's your point?
It's not shitposting. Usually the vegan stuff is samefagging. Love how you're assuming I'm not vegan.
>>
>>35260117
>didn't give much thought
You sure as shit didn't
>>
>>35260385
ofcourse it doesn't, despite all the research that says that it does. Animal agriculture also doesn't contribute any greenhouse gases, doesn't pollute anything, and in general is a very sustainable practice, right?

>>35260404
are you comparing people to bears?
>>
>>35260012
>>
>>35260275
>I'm pescetarian
Your an omnivore. Quit using made up words for shit that doesn't exist. Just as bad as the people who use cis or misogyny.
>>
File: profile_avi_3.jpg (38 KB, 348x375) Image search: [Google]
profile_avi_3.jpg
38 KB, 348x375
>>35260438
>>
>>35260431
>Could you point out which rule(s) is this thread breaking?

Spam and offtopic, just like most vegan threads.

>I'm >>35260275 and that was my first post in this thread. I've already seen this exact words of yours posted over and over in threads you don't like.

Do you really think anybody believes you?
>>
>>35260503
This
>>
>>35258626
Cool advertising, vegetable shill.
>>
that shit doesnt happen with animals in holland , so ill keep eating my meat
>>
File: 1413297655152.jpg (304 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1413297655152.jpg
304 KB, 1280x960
>>35258626
This guy seems like he got kicked out of his radical westboro church because nobody liked him there and now he found his way to veganism.
Jesus what a douche.
>>
File: notOP.png (87 KB, 1241x465) Image search: [Google]
notOP.png
87 KB, 1241x465
>>35260528
>Do you really think anybody believes you?
Shall I include a screenshot of my first post in this thread with a (11) next to it (given that it was the 11th posting IP)? Or will you accuse me of switching IPs as well? Here you go

>>35260438
>human omnivores which include meat in their diet are getting more and much higher quality protein
Yes, provided that it's not their main plate (e.g. the Mediterranean diet, very poor in meats and very very poor in read meats - whilst including some fish - reaps the most benefits). Anyway, it's not true that vegetarians lack "highER quality protein" whatever you mean with this.

>>35260503
>Your an omnivore.
Yes, I'm an omnivore, as any other human being. Being able to eat anything grants human a great evolutionary advantages and chances of survival in various region in the world.
My diet is pescetarian nevertheless. Sorry if this triggers you.

>>35260528
>Spam and offtopic, just like most vegan threads.
Not spam unless OP works @ nutritionfacts and not off-topic. Please go report the high test and r9k threads.

>>35260535
>a doctor creates a free ad-free site intended to make academic publications accessible to anyone
>he's a shill

>>35260530
>advertising
advertising WHAT
>>
>>35260486
>despite all the research that says that it does.
That is contradictory to proven established science and that you pulled out of your ass?
>Animal agriculture also doesn't contribute any greenhouse gases, doesn't pollute anything, and in general is a very sustainable practice, right?
Yes it is and many are done cleanly. If any of that shit happens somebody fucked up.
Also
>Greenhouse gases
You mean like the Carbon Dioxide you and almost every other living animal breathes out on this planet and contributes to 'greenhouse gases'? Quit your fucking greenpeace shilling and do some actual research
>>
>>35260601
>That is contradictory to proven established science
can you point out this "proven established science" or shall we believe something YOU pull out of your ass?
>Quit your fucking greenpeace shilling and do some actual research
Could you do some researches on carbon footprints as well?
>>
>>35260596
>Yes, provided that it's not their main plate (e.g. the Mediterranean diet, very poor in meats and very very poor in read meats - whilst including some fish - reaps the most benefits).
Mediterranean Diet? That proven bullshit ancestral diet crap? That's been debunked so many times its not even funny. Both ancient and modern Mediterranean peoples ate a plethora of foods including different meats.
>.Anyway, it's not true that vegetarians lack "highER quality protein" whatever you mean with this
Those who do not include meat in their diet are are consuming less protein than those that do, who by including meat with other protein sources from other foods are getting more protein as well as all complete proteins, and far more efficiently.
>>
>>35260596
>My diet is pescetarian nevertheless
Diets are either carnivorous, herbivorous, or omnivorous
>>
>>35260377
nope, you're completely wrong, >>35260117 was my first post in this thread so take you conspiracy theories and fuck off
>>
>>35260703
>Mediterranean Diet? That proven bullshit ancestral diet crap? That's been debunked so many times
Are you fucking serious? The World Heritage Mediterranean diet? Debunked?
Serious question, are you twelve?

>Those who do not include meat in their diet are are consuming less protein
But that's simply not true.
>including meat with other protein sources from other foods are getting more protein as well as all complete proteins, and far more efficiently.
The only arguable portion in this is "more efficiently" - but again, it's just a matter of habits. You simply don't know how to cook without beef.

>>35260719
>I acknowledge the existence of only three diets in the world
Damn, that's serious autism.
>>
>>35260630
>can you point out this "proven established science" or shall we believe something YOU pull out of your ass
How about basic observation of everyone on the planet that eats meat and that there are absolutely no proof that meat causes cancer or any other heath risks. The things the human body can not eat nor digest and the things harmful are poisonous to the human body are generally expelled, cannot be digested or show harmful effects or symptoms. Neither of which meat does. If I pulled all of this out of my ass then the laws of science, reason, logic natuture, Evolution or whichever Diey of choice pulled it out of their asses as well, which they and I clearly did not. I have made nothing short of an obvious, factual and proven claim
>>
>>35260596
>Shall I include a screenshot of my first post in this thread with a (11) next to it (given that it was the 11th posting IP)? Or will you accuse me of switching IPs as well? Here you go

I wouldn't put that past you. Posting from different devices/sources is pretty easy too, and I also wouldn't put that past you. You can try to change your writing style like >>35260721 to pretend like it's not you, but we're not that dumb brev. It's kinda sad at this point that you keep up the falsehood.

>Not spam unless OP works @ nutritionfacts and not off-topic. Please go report the high test and r9k threads.

It's still spam even if you're not being paid for the shilling. High test and r9k threads are a gray area, since they're part of the board "kulchur", so they're not off topic. Your spam threads, however, have nothing to do with /fit/ as it currently is, and no amount of desperate samefagging will change that.
>>
>>35260850
http://www.who.int/features/qa/cancer-red-meat/en/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4035012/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22121108
>>
>>35260900
I'm >>35260117 and not OP, believe what you want but it's the truth. I really don't see how my writing style is in any way similar to OP's given he used green texting, didn't capitalise sentences and used colloquialisms such as "duuuude"
>>
>>35260759
>Are you fucking serious? The World Heritage Mediterranean diet? Debunked?
I was referring to the so called ancestral diet under which yes the Mediterranean falls and yes THAT one. It (as all ancestral diets) are bullshit does not represent the diet of all peoples of that region and is simple common sense, every people at one time or another had a diet similar to it there is nothing that makes it special and barely apart of any so called cultural heritage. Shilling is still shilling even if it's from UNESCO
>Serious question, are you twelve?
ad homenims. So you undercut your argument by attacking me.
>But that's simply not true.
It very much is and scientifically proven . Whether or not you believe it is irrelevant.
>The only arguable portion in this is "more efficiently" - but again, it's just a matter of habits. You simply don't know how to cook without beef.
None of that is arguable, Take it up with science and objective reasoning if you have issue. There are also still chicken, sea food etc, as well, non beef meats that serve the same purpose as well as add more protein to a diet, as beef does.
>I acknowledge the existence of only three diets in the world
Those are the three classifications for all animal diets. Again if you have issue take it up with established science, observable fact and objective reasoning.
>>
>>35261044
All of those mistake the slightest tenuous correlation with no were near enough evidence as causation. Barely even correlation and almost always sated as barely releven with hackneyed controls and variables. This
>The strongest, but still limited, evidence for an association with eating red meat is for colorectal cancer. There is also evidence of links with pancreatic cancer and prostate cancer.
Specifically has been shilled so many times it's almost uncountable by now. It is barely tenuous at best and an outright lie at worst. Still more shilling from' researchers' who know nothing of science.
>>
>>35260759
>more efficiently
Tell me a plant source that has a BV & PDCAAS anywhere close to meat/dairy sources.
>>
>>35261052
>I really don't see how my writing style is in any way similar to OP's given he used green texting, didn't capitalise sentences and used colloquialisms such as "duuuude"

I've noticed that's a common tactic too; you try to sound as dumb as shit in one comment, then sound like a fucking tryhard in another comment. You also do shit like making separate comments to reply to separate people to create the illusion that there's more of you than there really is. I couldn't point to one particular thing you do that makes it clear, but overall it's pretty clear to me.
>>
>>35261079
>It very much is and scientifically proven .
No, it isn't proven, and it's actually proven the opposite - that is, vegetarian diets can provide all nutrients and all the essential amino acids. But I'm sure you'll be able to provide some sources for your claims.
>I was referring to the so called ancestral diet under which yes the Mediterranean falls and yes THAT one.
>Not part of so called cultural heritage
>just opportunistic
>you're a shill from UNESCO
Sorry for the ad hominem, but there's really nothing to argue with someone spouting these bullshits.
>Those are the three classifications for all animal diets
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_feeding_behaviours
And it does NOT include all the possible "animal diets" like, for examples, frugivores.
>None of that is arguable
You probably meant "all I wrote is arguable", but aside from appeals to "science and objective reasoning" I see no science and no objective reasoning.
>>35261492
Not the person you're replying to, but seriously, get a life or something.
>>
The level of samefaging in vegan threads is astonishing
>>
>>35261484
>BV & PDCAAS
Vegetables and other non meat protein sources all score lower than meat and animal products.
>>
File: Basic Diet Advice.jpg (1 MB, 2852x1832) Image search: [Google]
Basic Diet Advice.jpg
1 MB, 2852x1832
>>35260325

>if i'm vegan I don't eat meat, I don't drink milk, I don't eat eggs? is that it? THEN WHAT THE FUCK DO I EAT? FUCKING GRASS?

http://share.kaiserpermanente.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/The-Plant-Based-Diet-booklet.pdf
>>
>>35261618
>frugivore
"A frugivore /fruːdʒʉvɔr/ is a fruit eater. It can be any type of herbivore or omnivore where fruit is a preferred food type"
From Wikipedia
>>
>>35261618
>Not the person you're replying to, but seriously, get a life or something.

Riiight. That's why there's ALWAYS a few minutes between each of your and "his" replies. This is just sad.
>>
>>35261484
>BV & PDCAAS
From an absolute POV proteins from veggies are less efficiently absorbed than proteins from animal sources, yes.
From a realistic POV, the necessary cooking which you let your meat undergo decreases its nutritional values a little, but anyway you need to eat a little more proteins if you get the proteins from plant sources only (if we score the absorption of not-overcooked/steamed/raw veggies at 78~80% and cooked beef at 90~94%).
So yes, meats appear more efficient in providing proteins. As that post of mine goes on, it's just a matter of cooking habits. Lower absorption does not equal protein deficiency.

>>35261645
>The level of samefaging in vegan threads is astonishing
especially from the meat eaters whiners.

>>35261730
... yes? How does that hurt your autism? Did you read the original comment in >>35260596 ?
>Yes, I'm an omnivore, as any other human being. Being able to eat anything grants human a great evolutionary advantages and chances of survival in various region in the world.
>My diet is pescetarian nevertheless. Sorry if this triggers you.

>>35261816
>This is just sad.
Tell that to a mirror.
>That's why there's ALWAYS a few minutes between each of your and "his" replies
Sure, there's only one other person in this thread, whatever. See a psycho ASAP.
>>
>tfw eat locally killed cow with meat i butchered myself

no problem brehs
>>
>>35261913

What does this solve?
>>
>>35260012
Whatever it takes meater eater
>>
>>35261618
>No, it isn't proven, and it's actually proven the opposite - that is, vegetarian diets can provide all nutrients and all the essential amino acids. But I'm sure you'll be able to provide some sources for your claims.
I never said veg diets couldn't. I said that those who consume diets that include meat with other protein sources consume more protein than those who exclude meat, along with all complete proteins. When veg diets do reach all complete proteins it is normally through an extreme amount of mixing foods together and supplementation ( which also must be done for more than protein), all of which can be more than accounted for with meat consumption. Obtaining that extra food both is both financially and biologically inefficient, it costs more and is more than unnecessary with the inclusion of meat
>>
>>35260117
>sheer amount of research
>video is 1:14
you could maybe get through 40 studies if he rushed and he wouldn't be able to talk about the methods in depth which is pretty freaking important
(if you think that's a lot then you're probably still in undergrad and the type of person that enjoys bill nye)
>>
File: 1421298114007.jpg (42 KB, 497x408) Image search: [Google]
1421298114007.jpg
42 KB, 497x408
>>35261484
I don't know, you tell me.
>>
>>35261935
It means he knows where his meat came from. He knows the cow wasn't treated in a way he doesn't approve up premortem. And, assuming he raised it, he knows what it was fed.
>>
>>35261991
>No saturated fat as a positive to black beans

Literally low test
>>
File: vegan-gains.jpg (59 KB, 300x393) Image search: [Google]
vegan-gains.jpg
59 KB, 300x393
>>35258626
>>
>>35261991
>implying that a picture with text has to be telling the truth
What are you doing?
>>
>>35261935
not him, maybe (since he's "eating local") it lowers the carbon footprint a little.

>>35261913
How brutal
>>
>>35262014

So he can sleep like a baby knowing the cow he mutilated got to eat blades of grass before it had its neck cut open. All is right in the world.
>>
>>35262046
Not the anon you replied to (cow butcher), and I love animals more than most people, but even I think that's a terrible defense. Yes, that bovine has done no wrong to me. But that doesn't mean I won't kill it. If I need food, that cow is going on my plate. At the very least, I'll make sure it's killed as painlessly and quickly as possible. All things are born to die; using that cow as food is a great use of its life.
>>
>>35262128
Nothing is right in the world, nothing is wrong in it either, from an objective point of view. All morals are opinions, and all opinions are subjective. Don't try to pass of your feelings as a valid argument.
That cow was going to die regardless, no use crying over spilt milk (that pun), and no use fearing death and viewing the inevitable as horrible.
>>
>>35261991
>using dry black beans as a comparison
>lying about the number of calories even in the dry beans (it's 130 calories for 8 grams you fucking liar)
>implying the acidity of foods matters whatsoever

http://www.caloriecount.com/calories-wild-harvest-dried-black-beans-i131990

Vegans are seriously deluded.
>>
>>35262022

>eat mono fats
>best of both worlds

That study also found that protein lowers test

>The significant negative correlation between protein and resting T concentrations is consistent with the findings of Anderson et al. (2), who demonstrated that a low-protein diet (10% of total energy) was associated with higher levels of T compared with a diet higher in protein (44% of total energy). The authors postulated that it was the protein-to-carbohydrate ratio in the diet that influenced either T metabolism or the liver-derived protein sex hormone-binding globulin (2, 14). Interestingly, the protein-to-carbohydrate ratio in the present study was significantly negatively correlated with resting T concentrations.
>>
>>35261991
>That pic
>Even close to reality
pic one.

>>35261874
>BV & PDCAAS
So meat sources are more efficient sources of protein. Did you really need all that text?
And that isn't even getting into cal / protein , which plant sources are shit.
>>
>>35262180

>That cow was going to die regardless, no use crying over spilt milk (that pun), and no use fearing death and viewing the inevitable as horrible.

It always turns to nihilism, doesn't it?
>>
>>35262137
>If I need food, that cow is going on my plate
What if you live in a western country and
- you don't need _that_ food
- you're presented with viable alternatives?
Chances are you're just arguing with what is pure convenience and labelling it as a "need"

>>35262224
>Did you really need all that text?
Yes, because I needed to anticipate a further shovelling of words down my throat.
>And that isn't even getting into cal / protein
that's shifting the argument even further, and I get that you never looked into a vegetarian diet.
>>
>>35261991
>Beans
>80% calories from protein

Yeah that sounds plausible
>>
>>35258626
Yeah sorry, I'm not nor will I ever take nutritional advice from a guy who is not only balding, he is DYEL as fuck.
>>
>>35262304
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4284/2
100 g of "Beans, black, mature seeds, cooked, boiled, without salt" are 132 cal and 9 grams of proteins. Complete proteins, anyway.
>>
>>35262313
Better take nutritional advices from roiders on /fit/ than from actual doctors presenting academic publication in a intelligible way for the general public, amirite
>>
>>35262313
>tfw there are people who unironically think that way
>>
>>35262230
>I can't counteract that argument
>>
>>35262372
>Better take nutritional advices from roiders on /fit/ than from actual doctors cherry picking academic publication in a intelligible way for the general public, amirite
>>
>>35262289
I live in an urban town in Burgerland, Land of the Fat, in one of the shittiest states, and I'm in the lower middle class. My only alternatives are good meat that fills me up, or shitty processed "nutritious" foods. I would love to include more fruits and vegetables, but I can't afford the better quality kind.
>>
>>35262372
Having an MD means nothing .There are 'actual doctors' promoting all sorts of weird quackery. Just look at Mercola.
>>
>>35260365
So fruits and vegetables then. Gee, what a varied and satiating diet you malnourished little faggots have.
>>
>>35261874
>... yes? How does that hurt your autism? Did you read the original comment in >>35260596 ?
I was replying to this specifically
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_feeding_behaviours
And it does NOT include all the possible "animal diets" like, for examples, frugivores
Frugivore diets fall under the dietary classification of herbivore/omnivore. It is included and therefore unnecessary to separate especially with what could be considered a 'sub-class'. here I no need for any separation as the three main dietary classifications cover all of that.
>>
>>35262498
This.
It warms my meat to know that you know that: one, doctors are not above lying; two, doctors are not above making mistakes, actual doctors or charlatans.
>>
>>35262470
>if it's against my beliefs, it's cherry picking
>everything can be argued
Still you don't even try to argue rather than squishing childish ad hominem. "Cherry picking" is one the most "arguments" I see here to counter-argue proposed academic sources.

>>35262498
>Mercola
point taken; anyway he's arguing with a bunch of papers you and everyone can double check. Mercola has been called out multiple times, I never heard Gregor being called out or accused of "shilling" outside of this Mexican fighting roosters imageboard
>>
>>35262454

There's no way to argue with someone who doesn't care about anything. I'd try to ask "would you care if someone killed you?" hope that you'd say yes, and then follow with "but you're going to die anyway, why care about it?" to show why the reasoning is bad, but people who would make a point of "cows aren't immortal so it's not immoral to slit their throats" would say anything to appear consistent when you question them, making conversation worthless
>>
>>35262629
Being a nihilist doesn't mean I don't have morals. I do. I simply realize that my opinions aren't facts, no matter how strongly I believe in them. When I see that opinions hold no importance, I realize that it's best, for me, to live my life as I would like, and let others do the same. My morality prevents me from inflicting pain onto other animals, and instantaneous death does not equate to pain, hence, I do not find (painless) killing immoral.
>>
>>35262700

Okay, then surely if someone snuck up behind you and shot you in the back of your head in order to take your wallet, this wouldn't be an immoral act? No pain with an instant death after all. Do you agree with that?
>>
>>35262700
>killing is fine, even if it ain't strictly necessary for my diet, as long as it's not painful
not the anon you're arguing with, but I hope you'll find one day how your Objective Morals are hypocritical
>>
>>35262719
It doesn't matter if I view it as immoral, from an objective view, no act is immoral. Who am I to force my opinions/morality down the throats of others?
This is why I don't hold grudges against those who abuse animals, pedophiles, Hitler, etc. I personally disagree with them, but it's all said and done. I can only work toward a future I deem as beneficial for myself and those I care about.
But to answer your question, let's pretend I could still be conscious after I died (a ghost, I suppose) : I would be bummed, that's normal, and healthy. But then I'd realize that there's no reason to dwell on the past.
Now, I don't believe in an afterlife, so to me, death would just be a lack of a conscious. Much like our selves before we were born, we won't remember the experience.
>>
>>35262740
I never claimed my morality was objective. I claimed that I used objectivity to influence my morality. Yes, to me, there is nothing wrong with killing, so I don't hold it against people that are considered "monsters" by most people. However, that doesn't imply that I encourage it either. There is such a thing as neutrality.
>>
>>35262751
Nice strawman.
>>
>>35262606
>Gregor
>not a shill
>Not a cherry picker

Please. I have checked out like 2 of his videos in the past. 1 where he talks about dairy and bone health. http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-milk-good-for-our-bones/

To refute that dairy increases bone health he states that milk consumption didn't lower risk of hip fracture. Next he says "hip fracture rates are highest in populations with the greatest milk consumption" ie scandinavia specifically sweeden.

I wonder if the fact their countries are covered in ice for a huge portion of the year would have anything to do with it? Does he even talk about the preponderance of evidence that shows milk increases bone mineral density or bone turnover?

Does he even examine the fact that researchers use lumbar fractures not hip fractures as hip fractures are generally the product of a fall and lumbar fractures are results of weak bones? Do you think he considered studies that show the exact opposite?

Fuck no, he found a study that showed old people in sweeden fall down, and that is the evidence he needed to say milk is bad for your bones.

So yes, he is 100% a cherry picking shill and needs to be treated as such.
>>
File: 28-Day-Progress-Front-1.jpg (86 KB, 900x542) Image search: [Google]
28-Day-Progress-Front-1.jpg
86 KB, 900x542
>>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3206401/The-rise-plant-powered-body-builders.html
>>
>>35262128
Yes.
>>
>>35262906

>It doesn't matter if I view it as immoral, from an objective view, no act is immoral. Who am I to force my opinions/morality down the throats of others?
>This is why I don't hold grudges against those who abuse animals, pedophiles, Hitler, etc.

Yeah yeah, I get it, everything is subjective, nothing really matters, life is pointless, no such thing as right and wrong, you don't care what happens to you, etc. I don't believe that you really think like this.

>let's pretend I could still be conscious after I died (a ghost, I suppose)

I don't know why you'd pretend that. That's basically responding with "if they killed me but I wasn't really dead anyway and I continued my conscious existence, it wouldn't be so bad." Not to sound like a douche, but this persona you're putting on of "being mean isn't real, you can hurt me in any way you want and I'll just accept it because morality is subjective" is the most beta thing I've ever read

>Now, I don't believe in an afterlife, so to me, death would just be a lack of a conscious.

And someone ending your life wouldn't be a bother to you? You're alive now, someone feels like ending your life for whatever reason, and your honest point of view is that he's justified in doing so and you're fine with it? You're not just trying to be consistent in your beliefs so that you can continue eating certain foods you like that may be considered immoral, without having to feel immoral over it?

I mean I get the no such thing as objective morality thing, but we're not the cold, unfeeling universe itself, we're living beings within the universe that have to interact with one another and develop codes of conduct.
>>
Are the health risk increase for all meat? Would white meat like chicken, turkey, and poultry along with fish be fine?
>>
File: the peps.jpg (32 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
the peps.jpg
32 KB, 436x436
>Mfw i eat meat and think about all the veganfags getting butthurt
>>
>>35260012

\WHAT EVER IT TAKES MEATER EATER
>>
>>35263667
>To refute that dairy increases bone health he states that milk consumption didn't lower risk of hip fracture
Correct, there are plenty of linked academic papers at your fingertips that supports what "he states".
>sweeden
No, he's not cherry-picking Sweden. The cited paper is not comparing Sweden vs Mediterranean countries or something like that. It's a paper that happens to come from Uppsala University
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4212225/
The "populations with the greatest milk consumptions" are populations inside the three counties in Sweden, in that paper, and are compared with "populations with lower milk consumptions" in the same three counties.
So, to me, it seems you're fabricating non-existing arguments.
That very fresh study (from 2014, on nutritionfacts you find usually very recent academic findings), linked with the video, end with
>Given the observational study designs with the inherent possibility of residual confounding and reverse causation phenomena, a cautious interpretation of the results is recommended.
and that's what Greger tries to do, connecting the dots. He mentions that this paper points out that "lack[ing a] randomised trial [about] the effect of milk intake on incidence of mortality and fractures, long term experimental evidence is needed to confirm a causal association between higher milk intake and higher mortality [and fractures, he added]" at 3:19 min in. But you choose to disregard that.

>I wonder if the fact their countries are covered in ice for a huge portion of the year would have anything to do with it?
I don't know, are you suggesting that people in Sweden are falling on ice more than, let's say, Germany? Do you realize that this has nothing to do with the cited papers you did not even open?

>Does he even talk about the preponderance of evidence that shows milk increases bone mineral density or bone turnover?
Yes.
>>
File: frownsmile.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
frownsmile.gif
2 MB, 320x320
>>35264068
>mfw I eat my plants and think about all the meat fags getting heart disease, diabetes, cancer and osteoporosis
>>
>anybody who watches this will probably go full vegan.

Good job I don't have the patience to sit through an hour of vegan bullshit then.
I'll just keep enjoying my bacon.
>>
File: 1439810287178.png (68 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
1439810287178.png
68 KB, 1305x892
>>35264125

>Literally has no proof

>Hurr durr cancerfags haha
>>
>>35264131
What an absolute madman.
#livefast #dieyoung
>>
>>35264133

there's mountains of evidence for all of my claims and in fact OP's video talks about many of them. You obviously haven't watched the video because you're a retard who closes his eyes to the reality of his shit lifestyle choices. Stay unhealthy you disgusting faggot.
>>
>>35264143
Convince me then.
posting "OMG MEAT IS SO BAD FOR YOU! WATCH THIS VIDEO!" isn't going to work.
What are his key arguments? what studies back him up? Are they from reputable sources? Are there any health benefits he covers from a vegan diet, that can't be obtained from a diet that eats all the same vegetables... AND meat?

Elevator pitch the video, and maybe I'll watch it. Maybe I'll even take it seriously, and not just see it as yet another fucking vegan trying to push his lifestyle choice on the rest of the world, because meat is murder, and cows deserve life too.
>>
>>35264204
>Convince me
No, I'm vegan but contrary to common beliefs among the butthurt meat-eaters here I ain't no shill.
I could care less about your lifestyle choices.
> "OMG MEAT IS SO BAD FOR YOU! WATCH THIS VIDEO!" isn't going to work.
It's not a video from PETA, it's a video from a doctor trying to present recent academic findings to the general public.
>What are his key arguments? what studies back him up? Are they from reputable sources?
You have a plenty of cited papers at his own site. Those are reputable as long as academic papers are reputable for you.
>Are there any health benefits he covers from a vegan diet, that can't be obtained from a diet that eats all the same vegetables... AND meat?
Yes, but I would only badly summarize them here and you could easily skim trough the proposed papers (or - OMG - through the videos!)
> because meat is murder, and cows deserve life too.
This is never a proposed argument.
>to push his lifestyle choice
I usually see the other way round: meat eaters trying to push their lifestyle choice on non-meat eaters. Funny, isn't it?
>>
>>35264325
>I usually see the other way round: meat eaters trying to push their lifestyle choice on non-meat eaters. Funny, isn't it?

>no posts about how awesome omnivore is.
>vegan posts about superior vegan diet.
>"fuck off an eat a burger"
>"meat eaters keep pushing their lifestyle!"

Veganism would be a lot more appealing if shit like that didn't keep happening.
Or if it wasn't treated like the food equivalent of being a hipster.
>>
>>35264387

This. So much this
>>
>>35264387
several times I have tried to start a non-shit slinging thread about veganism, not to shill it but to discuss recipes, experiences and advice for vegans on here. It gets instantly over run with meat eaters saying shit like

>muh testosterone
>soy causes gyno
>lol faggot/pussy just eat meat

etc etc

You meat fags are just as bad if not worse than vegans imo.
>>
>>35258626
Vegans are 36% more likely to get cancer

no thanks
>>
>>35260012
>>
>>35264495
fine, I'll take the b8. Complete and utter bullshit, vegans are much less likely to get cancer than omnivores
>>
>>35258626
I've got a question, apart from the whole IGF-1 thing which is pretty hard to avoid with any diet high in BCAAs, what is wrong with whey?

From what I've read here and there whey is pretty kushty in regards to health compared to its counterpart casein. Greger hasn't done any vids on whey per se, rather a lot of vids on dairy and prostate cancer which seems to be down to high dairy calcium intake. The whey I use is has 0mg of cholesterol 0g of sat fat and only 10% of the RDA of calcium per serving, so I'm not sure if that really constitutes much in the way of a risk.

http://us.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-isolate/10852482.html
>>
File: image.jpg (736 KB, 780x4885) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
736 KB, 780x4885
>>35264487
Literally nobody itt said anything like that, why are you so insistent to try to make people look bad just because they have a different diet then you?
>>
>>35265048

The insulinogenic qualities of whey could be a problem, and may contribute to the higher diabetes rates in vegetarians versus vegans, talked about in these videos (not specifically whey, but would apply to whey)

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-and-diabetes/
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/paleo-diets-may-negate-benefits-of-exercise/
>>
>>35265098
from the first 10 replies

>Just because you made this thread, I'm gonna go buy another roast chicken from the supermarket

>Fuck off faggot
with some stupid meme image about meat and gains

>Another vegan thread. Sage and continue, nothing to see here

Completely reasonable replies discussing the scientific lecture that OP posted right?

These are indicative of the replies I recieve when starting my threads and these replies will quickly devolve any thread into arguing and shit slinging as opposed to genuine discussion.

I don't even try to be in any way inflammatory in the way I start my threads in the way OP did yet still these pathetic and immature replies are all I receive, and then you same cunts that do this on a daily fucking basis have the audacity to claim that it is vegans constantly starting shit and shit posting. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>35265209
duuuude.

anybody who watches this will probably go full vegan.

>all those studies

omfg. it seems like we are making the same progression to leaving out animal products as with smoking.

No surprise people would respond like that to obvious bait. How is this even a relevant thread? This is a fitness board, not an animal rights campaign, this shit is just made to start drama between two opposite groups of people.
>>
>>35258626
fuck off; stop shitting the board.
>>
>>35264522
But are at a far higher risk to have a lowered overall quality of life and have neurodegenerative diseases.

Mostly carnivorous peoples and omnivorous indigenous people have never had cancer or diabetes or fucked up teeth or the mental degenerative disease that we have now.
Was unheard of.

Ironically enough, their lands and societies were destroyed so that we can have more land to plant corn and wheat and the oh so healthy vegies that people here are championing.
>>
File: rHS0V.gif (1 MB, 301x250) Image search: [Google]
rHS0V.gif
1 MB, 301x250
>meanwhile OP picrelated
>>
>>35265285
can you not read
>I don't even try to be in any way inflammatory in the way I start my threads in the way OP did yet still these pathetic and immature replies are all I receive

I mentioned that the way OP started this thread was intentionally inflammatory, that doesn't change the fact than when I try to get a thread going without flinging shit and all the stupid bickering that is the norm in vegan threads I get these exact kind of replies.
>>
>>35260117
>on the chanz
>sitting through an hour long slideshow
Fuckin right I'm not watching it
>>
>>35265301
>indigenous people
had access to unspoiled meat...
>>
>>35265301
if you're going to make ridiculous claims you're going to need to provide some sources. Everything vegans have talked about in this thread was discussed in the OP video and was well cited by the man giving the lecture.
>>
>>35260012

>WHATEVER IT TAKES MEATER EATER
>>
>>35265336
I know.
They also had access to naturally occurring nutrient dense and edible plantlife as well.
>>
>>35265351

And as soon as he does, I'll repeat as I have to every time someone misinterprets the papers he's referring to, what the papers actually say
>>
>>35265331
Calling out most of people in the thread really doesn't make you look any better than OP you know.
>>
>>35265203
>The insulinogenic qualities of whey could be a problem, and may contribute to the higher diabetes rates in vegetarians versus vegans

I've always been under the impression it was saturated fat which causes insulin resistance then eventually diabetes.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lipotoxicity-how-saturated-fat-raises-blood-sugar/

Rather than insulin, take the rice diet for example; it included unlimited sugar intake yet still improved insulin resistance independent of weight loss.

I wish Greger would do some vids on athletes rather than the general populace.
>>
>>35265402
I didn't call everyone out, I didn't call most people out. I was calling out the person who stated this
>no posts about how awesome omnivore is.
>vegan posts about superior vegan diet.
>"fuck off an eat a burger"
>"meat eaters keep pushing their lifestyle!"
implying that all vegans are faggots who just shit post and meat eaters are never the cause of the animosity, which simply isn't the case and pointed to examples of that. Stop putting words in my mouth and twisting what I am saying.
>>
>>35265351
Weston Price
His book was a go to text book of harvard before the sugar industry forced it out.
Also look up any pictures of natives from other societies where they don't eat the same diets as us.
Perfect teeth, healthy glowing skin, no incidences of cancer, and diabetes is nowhere to be found.

There's a reason why "HIPPIES AM DUMB" and all peta and vegan people are all radicals thing took hold in media and is pushed in academia.
It's to cloud the real issues and herd people who want to know and are willing to change thing into completely controlled and utterly toothless self destructive and pointless extremist groups, and to tell anyone else who's at least curious to look at the extremists pat themselves on the back and convince them that doing the exact same fucking thing as before is somehow moderation and blind them with billions of dollars in bullshit studies.
>>
>>35265415
>I've always been under the impression it was saturated fat which causes insulin resistance then eventually diabetes.

No. That's not right.
It's eating a lot of sugar without eating animal fat to help counteract it.
>>
>>35265440
But a lot of vegans on here do act like that, that's literally the main reason why people shitpost about them so often. That and the fact that there isn't any sort of containment thread for this kind of stuff so it mixes in with the other threads, can't really blame that on you though.
>>
>>35258626
>meat industry is horrible
>instead of fixing the problem that I'm so ass mad about, I'll just avoid it

Let me guess you skip going to the gym when you're too tired huh?
>>
>>35265491
this is exactly what I have tried to avoid by making a containment thread about veganism that isn't aimed at starting shit. My point was that even in a thread like that meat eaters show up and shit post.

There are idiots on both sides and it is incredibly frustrating to see vegans being called out as the instigators when every single one of the threads I started was shut down by shit posting meat eaters.
>>
>>35265469
Oh and fat helps but not enough to overcome the tremendous amount of sugar that we end up eating in our day to day.

By the way, vegetarianism isn't about making people more aware of what they are doing or helping anyone. It's about creating a new group of fucking cattle for the corn industry to feed.
That's all.

Think I'm kidding?
Watch the incidences of diabetes and malnutrition fucking SKYROCKET once people start thinking that eating meat of any kind = bad.
Think they have access to the right kind of nutrient dense veg? FUCK NO.
Fucks sake people think that eating nothing but a thousand calories of boiled chicken breast and a cup of brown rice is a good sustainable diet.
>>
>>35265415

>Rather than insulin, take the rice diet for example; it included unlimited sugar intake yet still improved insulin resistance independent of weight loss.

In that extreme diet, the sugar and white rice in the absence of almost all dietary fat improved insulin sensitivity, requiring less insulin to be released for the same blood sugar regulating effect. It didn't work by increasing insulin levels, it worked by decreasing it by making the insulin action more efficient. I haven't seen anything about whey protein improving insulin sensitivity, only increasing insulin secretion. It's possible that whey protein isolate could work the same in the context of that kind of diet, but unless you're planning on eating a highly processed isolated macronutrient based diet with 2% fat and zero sodium, it's probably not going to do anything positive for insulin sensitivity
>>
>>35265528
>My point was that even in a thread like that meat eaters show up and shit post

People are going to shitpost on 4chan you just have to try your best to ignore it and not complain about it, otherwise your thread will turn into shit 100% of the time.
>>
>>35265532

>Watch the incidences of diabetes and malnutrition fucking SKYROCKET once people start thinking that eating meat of any kind = bad.

The opposite happened in China and caused their diabetes rates to shoot up

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-white-rice-is-linked-to-diabetes-what-about-china/
>>
>>35260012
>>
File: stevey.jpg (14 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
stevey.jpg
14 KB, 214x317
>>35258626
This guy sounds like a self absorbed tool bag. I can't watch him for 20 seconds.

also, this whole food as medicine thing sure worked great for Steve Jobs didn't it? Steve Job's who had millions of dollars to fight cancer. Steve Jobs who had millions of dollars to eat the most nutritious meals in the world. Steve Jobs who had all the time in the world to meditate, and "cure" his cancer.

He died.
>>
>>35265572
I get that, I've been here for years and don't take shit on 4chan to heart but this isn't exclusive to 4chan. I have seen and experienced the same anti vegan rhetoric in real life. Not once have I instigated conversations about veganism unless it is relevant and most of the time it comes up I get
>hurr durr but bacon
>how do you get protein
>vegetables are gross
and these same people will say that vegans are the assholes. I'm sick of it.
>>
>>35265549
Perhaps, although I've just found this.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22676328

"Among its main actions, the following activities stand out: reduction of serum glucose in healthy individuals, impaired glucose tolerance in DM and obese patients; reduction in body weight; maintenance of muscle mass; increases in the release of anorectic hormones such as cholecystokinin, leptin, and glucagon like-peptide 1 (GLP-1); and a decrease in the orexigenic hormone ghrelin."

Seems whey in isolation isn't that bad. I haven't read the full text, at the very least it is probably the lesser evil of the animal proteins; in regards to health.
>>
>>35265448
>>35265448
I'm happy to see Weston Price mentioned on here. I read this book about a year ago and it completely changed my view on nutrition. It's pretty clear what our bodies have adapted to thrive on. I honestly don't bother trying to debate vegans, once they've gone down that road it's impossible to compete against the propaganda and cult like behavior of the vegan community. The only acceptable reason to be vegan, imo, is ethically. Just don't fool yourself into believing that your body evolved to eat nothing but plants.
>>
>>35265580
The chinese ate meat back then as well. So the problem isn't actually the meat.
It's the diet.
And a chunk of that diet is more then likely carbohydrates derived from plant sources that has displaced their original omnivorous diet.
So...can you show me these 100% vegan chinese that went full diabetic after they started eating meat along with their original diet of only rice and soy?
>>
>>35265616
Stupidity breeds stupidity, I don't give a shit if someone is vegan or not but it does annoy me when people try to shove their beliefs down other people's throats.
>>
>>35265607
Steve Jobs was a cunt that didn't properly take care of workers that manufactured Apple products abroad.
>>
>>35265607
Yeah, that shit sucks. He got an agressive form of cancer that fucked him for life and there was a good chance that he would have died from it anyway.

BUT if he lived a healthy life with healthy food before hand there's a 99.9% chance he wouldn't have gotten cancer in the first place.
>>
>>35265679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f-fMN2v8Uk
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 219x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 219x250
>>35260012
Whatever it takes meat eater
>>
>>35265626

The effect of reduced serum glucose is seen from all sources of animal protein, but insulin response from whey is even higher than meats and eggs

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20456814

Most of that link seems to be talking about a "whey protein diet" being used to treat obesity, which comes with benefits you'd expect from weight loss, but I'm not seeing reason to believe that whey itself is beneficial

And am I reading this wrong?

> impaired glucose tolerance in DM and obese patients

Are they saying impaired glucose tolerance was caused by whey isolate, or is that continuing from the thing before it to mean "reduced impaired glucose tolerance"?
>>
>>35265448

Weston Price was a dentist who traveled the world in the 1920s-1930s making inferences of health based on the teeth of natives. His view of nutrition wasn't based on any sound evidence or corroborated by other scientists.

>His book was a go to text book of harvard before the sugar industry forced it out.

Any evidence/reference for this conspiracist claim? The sugar industry hijacked Harvard University and forced them to stop referring to Weston Price's work, which they used as a textbook before then?

>>35265679

I would say Weston A. Price shit is some of the most cultist nonsense hoo-haw in the landscape of nutrition, based on loose speculation, logical fallacies, and feel-good thoughts not supported by the bulk of scientific investigation or agreed with by any group of experts. Among the craziest shit the WAPF says is that blood cholesterol concentrations are unrelated to heart disease, and that the higher it is, the better because it's a "healing nutrient". Unsurprisingly, Weston Price died of a heart attack and 2 leaders of the Weston A. Price Foundation have died of strokes (Mary Enig and Stephen Byrne).
>>
>>35265762
>buzzshill
>>
>>35258626
I'm on my way to the store right now. gonna grab 4+ pounds of chicken and 2 pounds of ground turkey and a bunch of veggies.
>>
>>35260012
Whatever it takes meat eater
>>
File: 1449761928472.gif (2 MB, 200x276) Image search: [Google]
1449761928472.gif
2 MB, 200x276
>daily reminder that plant proteins are incomplete and therefore mean poor muscle recovery and less muscle gains

source: me that's been lifting for 7 years and tried vegan for 3 months

Greg Valentino is a douchebag gym rat but his videos is accurate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEmuTyQ2v1Q
>>
>>35265769
>Most of that link seems to be talking about a "whey protein diet" being used to treat obesity, which comes with benefits you'd expect from weight loss, but I'm not seeing reason to believe that whey itself is beneficial

That's a good point. Although there is an improvement in postprandial serum glucose levels seen in healthy individuals, cited in the paper.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2766379/

But as you said, whey does incur a rather large increase in insulin.

How exactly is that an issue? Wouldn't that be beneficial in regards to becoming thick, tight and solid?

>Are they saying impaired glucose tolerance was caused by whey isolate, or is that continuing from the thing before it to mean "reduced impaired glucose tolerance"?

The latter, it threw me off as well until I noticed the semi-colon.
>>
>>35265769
>>35265626

http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/64/5/1555.long

This study suggests whey decreases insulin sensitivity even independent of BCAAs

>It has been suggested that branched-chain amino acids (i.e., leucine, isoleucine, and valine) (4,5), most likely leucine alone (6–8), are involved in the pathogenesis of obesity-associated insulin resistance because 1) branched-chain amino acid concentrations in plasma and their metabolites are increased in obese compared with lean people (9,10) and have been identified as predictors of insulin resistance (9,11–14); 2) data from studies conducted in cultured myotubes and isolated rat skeletal muscles have demonstrated that leucine can impair insulin-mediated glucose uptake

So they tested leucine supplementation versus whey supplementation

>The goal of the current study was to test the hypothesis that protein ingestion impairs insulin-stimulated glucose disposal owing to leucine-mediated mTOR phosphorylation in muscle. Accordingly, we predicted that both whey protein ingestion and ingestion of leucine that matches the whey protein leucine content would impair insulin-mediated glucose disposal
>whey protein, but not leucine, ingestion impaired glucose disposal.
>>
>>35266040
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2766379/

I've just clocked the "healthy individuals" had an average BMI of 33. #HAES
>>
>>35266040

>How exactly is that an issue? Wouldn't that be beneficial in regards to becoming thick, tight and solid?

Well yeah, but what's good for looking juicy is not necessarily good for being healthy, otherwise there would be no reason not to take steroids
>>
File: 117465_700b[1].jpg (47 KB, 688x666) Image search: [Google]
117465_700b[1].jpg
47 KB, 688x666
>>35266006

>his videos is accurate
>"how am I gonna build a house with fuckin' berries?"
>>
>>35265884
>>35265884
It's of no significant important how Mary Enig or others associated with the foundation died. I checked out the WAPF website a couple times and I was surprised to find I disagreed with a lot of stuff on it. I certainly got a cultish vibe from it as well. That said, you shouldn't associate the stuff WAPF puts up on their site with the studies done on the isolated people done in the 1930s. He looked at far more than simply their teeth, I'd highly suggest reading it for yourself.
>>
>>35266165

>It's of no significant important how Mary Enig or others associated with the foundation died

When a main claim of their foundation is that cholesterol in the blood is simply a beneficial nutrient that has no upper limit or health consequences at high levels, and 2 of their most prominent members and even the guy the foundation is based on died of diseased caused by high cholesterol, you have to admit it's atleast worth mentioning.

Also, what do you think of this video?

http://plantpositive.com/blog/2012/3/25/tpns-26-weston-price.html
>>
>>35266213
And children of vegans are dying of malnutrition and have all sorts of horrible issues. Many strict vegans are dying of heart attacks and have severe neurodegenerative issues.
The amount of newborns who die of malnutrition while drinking the milk of their vegan mothers is staggering.
Hell the only thing worse then that is the sugar water they call formula and milk designed to get children hooked on plant based sugars early.
>>
>>35266041
>glucose disposal

You're going to have to translate that into lesser scientific terms for me. Amirite in assuming an impaired glucose disposal rate = less glucose being uptaken by muscle tissue?

So if it is whey, rather than leucine, I would be just as well to supplement my diet with leucine/bcaas?

Given it is the key amino acid which drives protein synthesis.

>>35266079
>Well yeah, but what's good for looking juicy is not necessarily good for being healthy, otherwise there would be no reason not to take steroids

I would rather chance it than eat a low protein low calorie diet for fear of everything associated with disease. That said I would like to reduce harm where possible.

If whey is not that amazing, what is the general consensus on seitan (gluten) and pea/rice protein powder?
>>
>>35266251

Okay
>>
>>35266213
>>35266213
>plantpositive.com

Sorry bud, I didn't even have to open that link to know that there's an agenda being pushed. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and did anyway, scrolled down and found zero references to any of the claims in the article, go figure.

Anyway, the point was that the people you mentioned dying were not the people Weston studied. He was also almost 70 when he published his book, you absolutely cannot associate his death with any of his findings.
>>
>>35266311

>I didn't listen to anything, but it's all wrong

It's just a discussion of Weston Price's work in the context of what we know in the year 2015. Nothing negative towards the guy, just a rational look at how his findings should be interpreted. References are also in the video.

>Anyway, the point was that the people you mentioned dying were not the people Weston studied.

Right, it was the man himself, and followers of his that share his views on nutrition. What are the life expectancies of the tribes Weston Price studied?
>>
>>35266273

>So if it is whey, rather than leucine, I would be just as well to supplement my diet with leucine/bcaas?

I would guess by that study that just supplementing with leucine/BCAAs would be better in atleast one way than whey.

>If whey is not that amazing, what is the general consensus on seitan (gluten) and pea/rice protein powder?

I know gluten has a shitty AA content mostly from being low in leucine, but if you're supplementing leucine anyway it probably doesn't matter, especially if you're also eating a diet rich in legumes. Pea/rice protein is probably also as effective as whey

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25628520

Maximizing protein synthesis and the effects of supplementation aren't my area of expertise though. My recommendation is always to prioritize whole foods.
>>
>>35262224
The reason plant sources of protein have lower absorption rates is because of the fiber in them. Also, fiber is good.
>>
>>35266427
I know food > powders, but given the bioavailablity of plant protein compared to whey it pushes the .8g/lb to about 1g/lb and it is a fucking struggle to eat that many bean given their fiber content.

Thanks for the help anon, it's appreciated.
>>
>>35266006
you post this bullshit in every thread
>>
>>35261686
This made me so hungry
>>
>>35266485

I know Jon Venus on youtube has a pea protein shake after his workouts, and the rest he gets from split peas, white beans, and oats.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheQuestForFitness

Is that 1g per pound of LBM you're going for or 1g per pound of total body weight?

I'm heading off to make some food right now actually. Mashed chickpeas with lime juice, tomatoes, and habaneros, chipotle pepper sauce, wrapped in corn tortillas, side of mixed steamed greens with nuts
>>
Didn't watch the whole video but there is a significant omission from what I've seen.

I'm a vegetarian so I have no agenda to support meat consumption, but from what I've read fish is basically pretty healthy. Game as well. Even meat is not ALL that bad. The issue is that modern carnivorous diets are bizarre. I doubt you'd have significant health problems caused by meat so long as you didn't eat red meat more than once a month or so, fish more than a few times a week, game/poultry more than a couple times a week etc. It's because retards want to eat steak 6 times a week that their hearts explode.
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.