[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there strong people at your gym?I have a home gym and just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: qt.gif (2 MB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
qt.gif
2 MB, 249x249
Are there strong people at your gym?I have a home gym and just re-started lifting so my stats are shit.But I remember when I went to the gym not too many people squatted more than me I didn't even squat a lot and my diet/routine was shit.
I squatted almost 2 plate high bar ass to grass.Yet I never saw anyone squat more not bragging just curious what kinda gym do/did you guys go to?
>pic not related but the guy is cute af
>>
>>35257609
>That fucking gif

If I were there I would fucking destroy the cunt who's filming.
>>
File: 1450035409150.jpg (158 KB, 1024x533) Image search: [Google]
1450035409150.jpg
158 KB, 1024x533
>>35257609

there are 2 kinds of gyms here

1 cheap fuck discount one full with roided tank top shirt wearing big guys

and the other one full of redditors avoiding all weights just using machines and going to stupid courses
>>
>>35257632
Just wondering but is there a point to db deadlift?
>>
>>35257632
He's a viner. Bretty cool one, Jerome Jarre
>>
>>35257666
Yeah, I know. He makes dumb shit that pleases retarded pre-teens. Another reason that fuels my rage against this little shit.

What kind of pricks records people against their will?
>>
>>35257609

I spotted for old out of shape looking tubby guy the other day who straight up benched what was close to my max squat. He stopped in between sets to put some chewing tobacco in. I was insanely impressed an humbled.

How do I into oldman strength?
>>
>>35257650
No. None.
>>
>>35257699
How much he bench?
>>
>>35257701
Thought so
>>
>>35257609
My gym is full of pretty strong people - one of those gyms full of men that women hardly go to.

I'm proud to say I'm part of the upper echelons of my gym, although there are also the elite liter tier (for my gym, anyway) that I'm not in.

Here is the tiers of my gym

>Noobs, Women, Skinlets
Self explanatory, people who are new, or have been doing the same thing for years with no results. Minority of lifters.

>Avg Joes
Guys who train arms, chest, and back. Large portion of lifters

>Cookie Cutters
People who look like the guy in OP's picture. Dime a dozen.

>Aesthetics
Guys who train for aesthetics and are above Cookie Cutters

>Strong Aesthetics
Guys who train for aesthetics but have decent numbers

>Body Builders
Guys who are huge as fuck and don't care about numbers, nearly all stedheads

>Strongmen
Guys who only care about numbers - this makes up the bulk of the guys I regularly talk to - 90% of us have 3 plate+ bench, 4 plate squats, 4 plate+ deads. Only me and my gym bro train press and push press - have best in gym with a paltry 105kg push press. Lots of sted heds, me and gym bro natty.

>Elite
Guys who bench 4 plate plus, squat 4 plate plus, deadlift 5 plate plus.
>>
>>35257666
>Bretty cool one
>being obnoxious and unfunny is now popular
God I wish I could go to school nowadays
>>
>>35257892
There are people who squat almost as much as they bench at your gym?
>>
>>35257892
Yep. The guys who own my gym want it to be a 'manly bodybuilding gym' instead of a 'manly powerlifting/strength training gym', so we have one squat rack but a thousand bench machines.
>>
a lot of people at my gym compete, both men and women, and its both kinda cool to see great examples of what the body can do but it also sucks that when you finally hit 2pl8 bench, most other people are doing 3pl8 and change for reps and are the exact same size as you.
>>
I lift at a local basement gym, not some faggy commercial shit.

We have loads of stronglifters and powerlifters. I'm pretty sure the average squat weight is like 3plate.

Recently saw a guy maxing out on 6plate bench, was pretty insane. I don't think we have any aestheticbros in the gym, only people that want to be as strong as possible.
>>
>>35258547
> I'm pretty sure the average squat weight is like 3plate.

Should maybe clarify, we have a lot of old folks there that have gotten weaker with the years, so they're dragging the number down a bit. All the younger people are super strong tho.

The club also has competed a lot with Finland and Russia throughout the 90s, we also had Swedens strongest 15 year old and one of the members competed in the Olympic games in the 70s, hes super old now tho.
>>
I go to a gym where like 20% of pple do PL. There's a room full of power racks and a wide floor to do pulls etc. Averages don't normally go there. Most of the time i train there, so i see insane squats, DLs and bench weights all the time. When i leave that room, i feel like i go to a whole different world..

It just gives you much more perspective to see someone breathing heavily for a few minutes, walking around a bit, chalking his hands, letting out a big grunt and squatting +200kg. Then you go to a different room and see someone eyefucking himself in front of a mirror while doing "heavy" curls (just cheating with form).

Its poisonous to train in a gym where you are the strongest..
>>
>>35257951
school is difficult
>>
I used to work out at the university gym and there were some pretty strong dudes there. Saw plenty of 500lb deadlifts and a few 400 lbs squats. Lots of people benching 300+ too.

Most of them were dyel college students though.

Now, I lift at home
>>
>>35257609
My gyms face book page posts pepe memes on its facebook page lmao. Its basically a warehouse full of weights and every one benches around 140 lkg theres a dude who benches 180kg and deadlifts almost 300kg.
>>
>>35257609
I go to the YMCA so it's full of normies. A lot of people there look good, a few roiders, a few powerlifters, tons of cardio bunnies on the cardio floor.

I'm pretty sure I'm the weakest and fattest guy there.
>>
>>35257666
>"viner"
>"Bretty cool"
u takin' droppin' a line m8? I ain't bitin.
>>
>>35257951
SQUIRREL
>>
>>35257701
What? Sure, at some point you won't get enough weight on your dumbbells, but it's the same exercise nonetheless.
>>
Both at my uni gym and the gym I go to back home there's several strong people.

Lots of strong benchers of course, several strong deadlifters, and a few strong squatters.

I have never seen anyone go past 1plate OHP however. I've seen others and myself do it, but never surpass it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.