[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to buy an indoor exercise bike. Other than "dont",
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
I want to buy an indoor exercise bike. Other than "dont", what should I consider before buying?

Any good brands or rules of thumb I should be aware of?
>>
Just get a real bike. You kike.
>>
>>35257031
Doesnt work with my schedule and the area around here. Its windy as fuck, and I have an infant so I cant just go bike whenever I have 5 minutes. Preparation alone would take 10 minutes at least, which doesnt leave much time for biking
>>
>>35257043
Just ride your kid then.
>>
File: indoor-bike-trainer.jpg (73 KB, 615x442) Image search: [Google]
indoor-bike-trainer.jpg
73 KB, 615x442
Get a bike and something like this, dont know what its called.
>>
Treadmill much better and Italians your whole body at least . On bike your entire upper body is stationary while your legs go up and down
>>
>>35257057
got 5 minutes
windy as fuck so baby needs to be very well packed up
packing up a baby like that (and making sure you have stuff, in case she shits all over herself) takes 10 minutes at the very least.
5 minutes is less than 10 minutes.

I just want to get some exercise within the limited constraints I have
>>
>>35257058
I saw those, but they take up a whole hell of a lot of space, compared to the one in OP. I dont think I have room for one of those in my apartment unfortunately.

Same goes for treadmills, >>35257080
because they do seem to take up a lot more space
>>
>>35257058
>>35257058
those things are noisy as fuck (even the quites) and more expensive than a fucking bike
>>
I'd like to try a magnetic one first. My concern is that they won't provide enough resistance for an intense workout.

There are spinners in my local gym, which is a good workout but they are big, loud, heavy and pretty expensive so I can't get one for my apartment.
>>
>>35257022

buy a used one on craiglist or whatever u have where ur from

cheap as fuck. Tons of people buy them and never use them.
>>
>>35257022
Get you an assault bike.
Takes actual effort.
Worth actual money.
You will be paying for quality construction that will last you years instead of paying for some fangled electronic pedal gadget that will shit out in a year.

I have only ever been on 2 exercycles that felt anything like pedalling on a real bike. Both were expensive as fuck jobbers. Every other one I've been on has been a joke, usually the "resistance level" just feels like the brakes are on.

>Why is captcha sandwiches always burgers?
>>
Get a legitimate spin bike. They will have you drenched in sweat in minutes and will shred the shit out of your legs. Most major sporting goods stores sell home use one's without all the electronic bullshit for a couple hundred.
>>
cardio on a stationnary bike is mentally... awful. Do your cardio at the gym or better yet go jog outside
>>
>>35257920
>mentally... awful
elaborate?
>>
>>35257961
as far as cardio machines go, it has a 2/10 fun factor.
>>
>>35257920
>mentally awful cardio

the shit you hear on /fit/
>>
>>35257990

if you'd even do cardio, you would know what I mean, fatass.
>>
>>35257988
Not exactly exciting sure, but OP needs to babysit anyways. There's the luxury of watching media on a TV screen and or he could pop on some headphones for music/podcast.
>>
>>35258053

alright ir makes sense then
>>
>>35257043
a jumping rope costs 5 bucks, and it's more fun.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.