[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: progress.jpg (83 KB, 1514x545) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
83 KB, 1514x545
Sup /fit/

Started at 430 pounds in July, I'm currently down to 350 pounds, been hovering around there since Thanksgiving really. There's so much contradiction in the caloric intake stuff you find on the net was wondering if you all could help.

I eat about 20 ounces of baked chicken a day
And 3 cups of brown rice, with a couple bananas most days and a scoop of protein most nights after gym.

Is there anything you guys can tell me right off the bat to remove or add to my regimen? I don't stray far from that at all except for cheat days on sunday. Vegetables are obviously missing, I have a really tough time adding them in any form to my daily intake.

I'd really appreciate any help.
>>
Add a food scale
>>
>>35253865
well you lost 80 lbs so sounds like you are doing something right. What you are eating sounds alright

find veggies you like, I use 1 whole green peper and 1 onion in my stir fry with chicken/rice. Good way to add in veggies. Remember to drink metric shit ton of water
>>
>>35253873
for what purpose?
>>35253881
never thought of trying anything like green pepper
>>
>>35253865
With where you're at, it needs to be a total lifestyle change.
You're eating like you're dieting, but you're not. You're changing you're entire life, so you don't look and feel like shit and die soon.
That kind of weight isn't gonna be gone in a few months. You're not gonna get shredded for summer. You need to be patient.
Don't starve and torture yourself. It will be too tempting to give up. Just learn to start eating normal sized meals, and stop when you aren't hungry anymore or when you START to feel full. No more binge eating because you're sad and frustrated. You just have to deal with your emotions like the rest of us.
Stop eating these brutal diet foods like baked chicken and oatmeal. Start eating NORMAL SIZED balanced meals. A sandwich. ONE ordinary sized plate of pasta. Have dinner with your family, but stop after one plate. Go ahead and let yourself have dessert sometimes, but just one, and not more than what a normal person would take.
Go to the gym. Don't even worry about what you do. Just do what you want. Just get yourself there. You just need to be fucking active. Do make sure you do weight training and not all cardio tho. It's really important so that you don't lose too much muscle and so that you have a properly functioning healthy body.
And now that's your life. You do that forever. Start learning how to eat in moderation. Start learning how to make yourself do something even though you don't want to. Even though you're depressed. Even though you're anxious. Etc.
And be patient.

Good luck.
>>
File: abejas-cuerpo-fail.jpg (55 KB, 610x499) Image search: [Google]
abejas-cuerpo-fail.jpg
55 KB, 610x499
que honlas
>>
File: best-calisthenics_r3.jpg (868 KB, 1754x1240) Image search: [Google]
best-calisthenics_r3.jpg
868 KB, 1754x1240
Veggies are a must. They contain so few calories, they will accelerate your weight loss dramatically. Look into different healthy ways to prepare them with your chicken (spices/ pepper helps, NO oil or butter)

Everything else you're eating is fine, but some veggies can be a good substitute for some of the bananas, which are healthy, but are loaded with sugars. Switch off between fruit and veggies to add a little variety to your diet.

What are you doing for exercise? It could be anything- walking, weight lifting... If you don't do anything, start taking a daily walk around the block. Each day add to the distance a little bit. This way you'll start burning more calories and in order to lose weight, you need to be burning more than you are consuming. Once you start doing this, allow yourself 1 cheat day a week- this will keep you sane, establish up a reward system (keeping you motivated), and will help you stay on your eating regimen during the rest of the week. On your cheat day, eat what you want but the important thing is to watch the AMOUNT you are eating. Have a slice of cake, a smaaalll one, not half of the freaking cake.

Post back here after a while to check in!
-cheers
>>
>>35253945
To make sure you're tracking your intake accurately
>>
>>35253981
>With where you're at, it needs to be a total lifestyle change.
It already has been for me I feel. This is something I can see myself sticking with forever. I'm a busy guy, I eat when I can.
>That kind of weight isn't gonna be gone in a few months. You're not gonna get shredded for summer. You need to be patient.
for sure
>Don't starve and torture yourself. It will be too tempting to give up. Just learn to start eating normal sized meals, and stop when you aren't hungry anymore or when you START to feel full.
Haven't had a case like this in a long time.I'm not starving at all it's been pretty alright.
>No more binge eating because you're sad and frustrated. You just have to deal with your emotions like the rest of us.
is this copypasta
>Stop eating these brutal diet foods like baked chicken and oatmeal. Start eating NORMAL SIZED balanced meals. A sandwich. ONE ordinary sized plate of pasta. Have dinner with your family, but stop after one plate. Go ahead and let yourself have dessert sometimes, but just one, and not more than what a normal person would take.
I like chicken, fuck oatmeal
>Go to the gym. Don't even worry about what you do. Just do what you want. Just get yourself there. You just need to be fucking active. Do make sure you do weight training and not all cardio tho. It's really important so that you don't lose too much muscle and so that you have a properly functioning healthy body.
Cardio/kickboxing one day, restistance training the next 5/6 times a week
>And be patient.
>Good luck.
thanks
>>
>>35253981
Yeah, i agree with this guy. Be patient, try quiting soda and shit like that but don't do it too fast or you'll go crazy.

Have you seen a nutrisionist?
>>
>>35254005
I'll try and figure something out with getting veggies in, like I told the other guy, 45 minutes of kickboxing/cardio switched with resistance every other day on top of a semi-physical job. i just got down to a 12 minute mile this weekend. i do the one cheat day a week already.
>>35254084
i've been off soda since march, no i haven't been to a nutritionist. i don't see the point when i've had the success i've had so far.
>>
>>35253865
The reason you aren't losing weight is because your body is rebelling against you and has found a new plateau.
It wants to keep the fat and it's changing how your body functions to keep up.
You've been a titanic lard ass for a long ass time and you were actually successful as a titanic lard ass.
Your body remembers that and sees your weight loss as a crisis to live through, not a long term change, not yet.
You're going to have to eat
Screw the scoops of protein, flavorlless chicken breasts, and brownrice bullshit.
That's diet food and from how you're talking you're going full spartan mode and your body throwing away the simple excess pounds that comes along with that increased activity and dietary change is spurring you on.
I got news for you, you're gonna relapse.

After the newness of it wears off, after the gym becomes a chore, after that flavorless chicken breast stops being so tasty, you're going to rest on your laurels and go back to your fat shit lifestyle.
Why? Cause what it takes to change fully takes effort and because you're doing this bit of shit and saw a wee bit of progress you're going to keep doing it till you think that since it's not an instant change like in a training montage then it's not for you.

If you follow a simple fucking guideline you'll continue to shed the pounds and become not just better looking, but you'll feel and function better.
No special supplements or gym needed.
>>
>>35254116
Its a cheat meal not a whole day
>>
I think I'm not human, I don't crave soda nor fast food at all and I don't like sweets.

Keep up the good work OP I hope the loose skin and stretch marks fade away for you.
>>
>>35254412
>t till you think that since it's not an instant change like in a training montage then it's not for you.

woah i never said or indicated anything about being frustrated or giving up, i understand plateaus are part of the game, i'm just wondering if there's things i can do/should do to improve with what i'm currently doing.
>>
Rice is pretty high in calories, usually that's what people eat to bulk up, not lose weight. My advice would be ditch the rice, add the veggies.
>>
If you don't like eating veggies, maybe consider one of those Nutri Bullets, blend them up into a smoothie.
>>
>>35254575
good point
>>35254591
i've considered it
>>
>>35253865
Ok OP. Real talk. From one fatty to another. I was 450lbs at my heaviest. I'm 287lbs now. I dieted my way down with little to no lifting (not that I would recommend it) because my job itself is rather physically active. A lot of squatting, shoulder strength, and overall arm strength require to do my job efficiently

I had/have the same physique as you. Carrying the vast majority of my weight in my gut. Some general tips.
>Before every meal, drink at least 16oz of water. >As in pound that bitch down.
>At this point/weight diet > exercise. Youll get way more progress and lbs lost with a lower calorie diet and no gym than you would from more calories and working out.
>I can only assume losing the lbs is more important to you right now than muslce building. >You want that gut gone no?
>Learn better coping mechanisms for anxiety and boredom. I used to comfort and boredom eat a lot.
>Come to terms with the fact that you WILL have stretch marks and loose skin as you lose weight. >How much you have will come down to how aggressive your weight loss.

Currently I eat about 1100 to 1200 calories a day without going to the gym and only working my job 60 hours a week. (automotive warehouse). Im currently losing around 2lbs per week. As far as marks/ loose skin, I have stretch marks on my stomach and towards my arms. Not much in the way of loose skin on my stomach. More so my arms. But again, I'm bot ripped by any means, but my upper body is more "built" than a fatty coming from a sedentary life style. Im here for a bit if you got questions. I know how hard it is to find someone with the same problems/experience.
>>
>>35254412

Diet is litterally 80% of your problem.
You'll have to not just eat less, but eat BETTER.
Cut out all pre-processed, pre-packaged, pre-made, pre breaded, foods from the frozen food aile, canned stuff, fastfood all of it. Gone.
No canned fruits, either. It's just extra sugar and not needed.
Excess sugar? Gone, cut all of that shit out.
Only drink water and keep beyond hydrated.
Simply drinking water and keeping beyond hydrated will see a drastic change in how your body looks and feels. You'll even drop a bit of excess bodyweight as well.

Cut back on bread and most grains. Shit is filling but not very healthy.

Learn to cook your own meals. It's a way to really connect with what you're eating and will become something that makes you consider everything that goes into your body.
Pre-made stuff is basically a drug rather then sustenance.

Eat only
Veg from the veg aisle
Canned veg is okay, while locally organically grown veg or self grown veg is superior

Meat from the meat aisle, No not pre-preparred in some other food concoction. Just plain meat.
Locally grown grass fed or self grown stuff is better

Fruit is a treat, not an entire meal. Treat it as such.

Nuts and berries are a fantastic way to add healthy calories and fats to your meals. And an amazing snack on their own.
>>
>>35254748
As for exercise? You honestly don't have too, but if you want to keep SOME of the strength your body created to help move your fat ass around then you can lift.
But calisthenics will help you realize how fat you are and will do more for you in the short run because it has the double wammy of helping you lift heavy ass weight(your own bodyweight)and help you understand your own weight and subconsciously want to lose that weight.

As for aerobic exercise, I suggest going for long walks. Or just 30 minute to 1hour walks every day.

No, you aren't going to lose a billion tons from running every day. Not unless you're doing marathon tier training.
And you're not.
It will however help strengthen your general constitution and make your day to day life better. It will help you in every way and also will help you think about your own weight and how tough simply walking is.

Calisthenics and walking are not about burning calories. Very few of us are fit enough to burn enough calories to burn the calories from exercise. And you will not be healthy once you get to that level.

Calisthenics and walking/jogging is for strengthening your constitution and general health.

It will be something you can do personally anytime anywhere anywhen and will have so many benefits it's unbelievable.
And you have no excuse not to do it.
20 minutes of pushups situps squats chinups and bridges then a 30 minute-1hour walk every day. That's simple easy and will have benefits that will last you your entire life.

And from there you'll be able to walk into any gym and supplement with lifting.
>>
>>35253865
Getting fat/thin is pretty much just about the calories, so if you really want to go faster/slower all you have to do is either up/lower your intake a little bit more or less.

And "a scoop of protein"? For what purpose? Besides you not having that much use for protein (and since you're already half a kilogram of chicken a day you shouldn't have protein problems at your current state), that thing has calories in it. You could replace that with chicken and eat more (therefore having an EASIER TIME losing weight).

Most guides here are for normal people who are trying to get muscle. You are trying to lose fat. They don't apply to you. You need to control calorie intake. That's ALL you have to do. Eating better food will allow you to be healthier, but getting thin is just about the calories.
>>
>>35254702
I have a similar job, warehouse with heavy equipment. I carry a huge amount in my thighs/legs too.

i already have a good muscle base, but that whole getting below 1600 calories thing is scary. good job on you though man.

believe me the eating/not eating this is not a problem. i'm busy from 5:30 in the morning until 8:00 at night, so there's literally no time to fuck around eating.

>>35254775
same as the guy above, i guess i'm just horribly educated but I worry about going below a certain calorie amount and going into that starvation mode or whatever it is where your body refuses to burn anything. again like i said i'm probably not the best educated clearly so if that's just wrong i can use an answer
>>
>>35254808
It's impossible for your body to "refuse to burn anything". If it has no energy, it must get it from somewhere.

The starvation mode only means that you'll lose muscle together with the fat, but it's kind of inevitable.

Your choices are to either sacrifice muscle, lose weight faster and then get the muscles back later, or to lose weight very, very slowly.

Either way, you are using a kitchen scale to weight all your foods? Because you absolutely should.
>>
guys,
guys....

you know whats the best????

lying back into my warm soft bed as my girl rubs her pussy on my dick until shes wet, then swallowing it and riding me into oblivion, I lift up her shirt to reveal her warm soft boobies gently bouncing up and down as I try not to cum!. and honestly senpai its getting harder and harder not to come in the first few minutes.

jesus, she is so fucking hot, when she leans into me and I see her face smiling as shge pushes her hips hard down into the squat hole.

and at that same moment I always think 2 things..

1. im glad im not a fat cunt
2. I need to constantly work to not be a fat cunt so my qt gf wont chad her shit the fuck up!

thats why i cycle into the Forrest tomorrow to do dips and pulls on the body weight bars.

tldr: tldr!
>>
>>35254702
>450 to 287
How long did that take you?
>>
>>35254868
>im glad im not a fat cunt
Oh thank god I was imagining some sot of Boogie and I was almost ready to puke
>>
>>35254859
>Your choices are to either sacrifice muscle, lose weight faster and then get the muscles back later, or to lose weight very, very slowly.
hmmmm
>Either way, you are using a kitchen scale to weight all your foods? Because you absolutely should.
No i'm not. i just measure cup of rice into my tupperware accordingly and figure i'm getting 20 ounces or so of chicken breast
>>
>>35253865
I got you, OP.

EAT LESS.
MOVE MORE.

E
A
T

L
E
S
S

M
O
V
E

M
O
R
E
>>
>>35254902
>and figure
Look. I'm not trying to be mean or anything.

But you're fat and probably have been fat for a long time. You fucking suck at judging food.

The reason we are recommending a kitchen scale is not just for extra accuracy. It's because it's an objective measurement of what you're eating.

Your brain wants to eat more. Your body wants to eat more. You'll go through what's called "licensing" as you try to excuse what you're about to eat. Some other funny things your brain will do is underestimate what you eat while overestimating your exercise.
>>
>>35254859
An obese person can die from starvation before they burn enough weight.
An obese persons body is not some magical machine that will instantly know to start burning fat if it has no more calories, It's broken.
Losing weight is a long term thing. You didn't just fucking wake up one day as a 400 pounder so why in the fuck do you think you'll wake up tomorrow as a not 400 pounder.

Not unless you have those types of drugs that will instantly kill you or shorten your lifespan.
>>
>>35254968
i hear ya, i guess i just don't see the big deal if you're off by 3 or 4 ounces of chicken
>>
>>35254883
2 years of effort. About almost a year of stalling now because of several factors I wont get into but Im back with my nose to the grind.

>>35254808
Yup my schedule is a bitch too. 1230pm to 2am Monday-Saturday. I eat 6 times a day. 5 small meal replacements. Each around 100 calories and 10g protein. Then a single meal meal conaisting of something green and a lean protein. Caesar salad with shit ton of chiken, bunch of white fish over greenbeans/carrots etc. Going from 4k+ calories a day to 1200 ish had me headachey and weak for the first 3 days. After that your body hits fat burn phase where it has officially turned to your fat reserves. Youll still ve hungry of course but so long as you stick to the 1100 to 1200 calories a day, you stay in fat burn. Weight melts off.
>>
>>35253865
I don't understand how you could lose 80lbs yet look almost exactly the same
>>
>>35256528
If you have 400 paper towels and you get rid of 80 who cares you still have a lot of paper towels so you won't notice they're gone
>>
File: why.png (282 KB, 384x367) Image search: [Google]
why.png
282 KB, 384x367
>>35256528
Way to be supportive. This isn't a fucking hugbox safe zone I know but the dude lost 80lbs. He is already better than 90% of the fat population because of this. You dont have to give the guy a fucking BJ, a simple "good job" would do. But no, you went out of your way to make a post for nothing more than to insult him.

Cmon man. Not cool.
>>
>>35253865
https://www.jackkruse.com/easy-start-guide/

https://www.jackkruse.com/cold-thermogenesis-easy-start-guide/

Get out in the Morning SUNSHINE
>>
>>35256884
He's not lying though
>>
You´re doing great man, I know when you´ve been really fat, even if you lose a lot of weight you´ll still look almost the same. What helps to keep your head up is to take measurements of your thigs/belly and shit, seeing that you do decrease in size even though the mirror is being a bitch motivated me to keep going when I was fat.

Now the kinda harsh part: it wont get better for a long ass time, Im talking years. You´ll reach the weight you aimed for and you´ll still look like shit, you´ll be all soft and some of your skin may be flobby and hang a bit.
But you MUST keep going. Once you have reached the point where you´re at the weight you wanna be, go for a very slow bulk. I know it may sound stupid to be bulking when you´re still kinda fat, but if you keep lifting hard as fuck while you´re fat and lifting weights, you´ll build a lot of strenght but not a whole lot of muscle, BUT once you´re already strong as fuck and then start bulking, oh man you´ll build muscle so quickly you´ll propably get stretchmarks on yo arms and traps, srs.
So keep grinding man, in fact if you need any help from a man who has been in your position, add me on skype, I dont even give a fuck if I get trolled by some others aslong as you add me if you want to. Skype name: why271195
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.