[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 1447950083018.gif (799 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1447950083018.gif
799 KB, 200x189
QTDDTOT: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
Old one is about to be archieved.
Help me brahs. Due to work and uni I can go to the gym only 3 days a week. Which 3 days program can you recommend me?
>>
I just graduated from neetdom as a donation attendant, in a semi outdoor space where people drive up and give clothes/whatever. the only problem is the workers take this as an opportunity to smoke while staying warm, so i have to breath secondhand smoke all day. will this affect my health, and more importantly my gains?
>>
File: billkawaii.gif (556 KB, 250x223) Image search: [Google]
billkawaii.gif
556 KB, 250x223
>>35250714
Just got my college degree at sleepless school - came out the other end skinnyfat. I was halfway between thin and otter before going in.

So the questions is:

>Cut or Bulk (when you're skinnyfat)?

I hate feeling like I have a gut and would love to cut that shit down, but if it makes more sense to bulk for a bit, I guess I'll just fucking do it and live with the bloaty shit feeling for a while.
>>
There is a girl I want to ask out but my body is shit. I'm skinnyfat with most fat on my love handles, ass and legs and I have wide hips so i look really bad. It will take a long time until I will look decent because I'll bulk up for a while in order to not look like auschwitz mode at low bf and then I'll cut. I think I may look decent next winter only but should I wait, or should I say fuck it and ask my crush out? I'm great otherwise so I think I have a good chance with her but what am I going to do when I'll have to take off my shirt?
>>
File: qtp2tie 19.gif (3 MB, 385x530) Image search: [Google]
qtp2tie 19.gif
3 MB, 385x530
My left wrist started aching during my curls on Friday, and it's still kind of achy today. Is it anything I should be worried about? What's the best way to let it recover without interrupting my lifts?
>>
I'm a retard and went to bed at 5am last night and woke up at 4pm. My gym is open 11am-3pm this week and I need to somehow make it there tomorrow.
Do I stay up 20 hours which would cause suboptimal gym performance, or take a nap sometime tonight, or what? There's no way I can go to bed at a normal hour when I would have just woken up like 8 hours ago
>>
I am starting SS (second time today) and was wondering if I should feel "weak" after the workout, I did squats today and I struggled to walk well after the gym but my arms and back seem okay, also what do deadlifts train? Lower back? Because I feelt a little pressure, muscles I guess, when doing DL
>>
File: routines.jpg (2 MB, 2544x1850) Image search: [Google]
routines.jpg
2 MB, 2544x1850
>>35250714
>>
on a cut (recovering fatty here) was doing pretty good about losing ~.2lb a day, had a couple sharp drops of a .5lb to a lb here and there, but over-all each day is my lightest day yet..

except today i was 3lb heavier than yesterday.
obviously this isn't bodyfat, i was just wondering what could cause weight to fluctuate like this half a pound fluctuations are pretty normal, but a 3lb difference in one night seems aberrant.
i drank alcohol last night, if that affects water retention or whatever...

a-am i still gonna make it?
>>
>>35250997
Because you are a faggot.

5x5 is default size and strength compromise.

>doing barbell curls ever.
>>
>>35250994
yes, your muscle fibers have been damaged and will feel "weak" until they recuperate (at which point they should be stronger than ever before)

deadlifts, when properly executed, train the entire back, posterior chain, and grip strength

it's pretty darn close to a full-body exercise, actually
>>
>>35250994
Yes. Feeling weak means you've gotten a good workout and you've tired yourself out. That'll fade the more you work out and the more your body gets used to it.

DL does everything. Grip strength, glutes, quads, and even up to the chest. Make sure you're not only pulling with your back, that can cause injury.
>>
>>35251110
5x5 is retarded for a beginner program.

too much volume to progress on the lifts.

your linear progression will stall like a motherfucker.

the only 5x5 program recommended by intelligent people is reg parks 5x5, and the first two sets are warm-up sets, so its basically still 3x5 when you only count the worksets (because you do warm-up sets on SS and greyskull too, so essentially every beginner program is 3x5)
>>
Took ripped fuel and the curse, heart is goin nuts am I gonna die
>>
File: Side unflexed.jpg (173 KB, 1058x1070) Image search: [Google]
Side unflexed.jpg
173 KB, 1058x1070
Can i get a bf estimate?
>>
File: Back unflexed.jpg (190 KB, 983x1080) Image search: [Google]
Back unflexed.jpg
190 KB, 983x1080
>>35251166
Back
>>
>>35251166
prolly around 10-15%
>>
File: Legs flexed.jpg (134 KB, 926x822) Image search: [Google]
Legs flexed.jpg
134 KB, 926x822
>>35251166
>>35251185
and legs
>>
>>35251116
I maintain my arms stretched and stand straight with the whole body, it's my second time doing DL and Im also fat so it's a little harder to figure out if my form is actually good or at leas decent, any tips to take into consideration? So far I know that: -Arms should always be straight, always look in front, try to maintain a straight horizontal back and puff your chest
>>
File: 1359353591552.gif (451 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
1359353591552.gif
451 KB, 500x463
How to accelerate cut?
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x260
>>35250979

Take a long shower or a hot bath. As your body temperature is raised, your body will grow tired.

Also, what the fuck, switch gyms.
>>
>>35251207
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4qRntuXBSc

I find this is pretty helpful.
>>
>>35251166
>>35251185
>>35251204
This is what CBT is for.
>>
>>35251229

1 hour walk everyday.

>>35250938

In all honesty, you should let it rest. If you have to curl, do so with a resistance band. But rest is the only right choice.
>>
>>35250714
Why didn't anyone tell me that squats are so much fun?
>>
>>35251271
Yes mate, couldn't find one
>>
>>35251290
retard
>>
File: fuck my life.gif (459 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
fuck my life.gif
459 KB, 384x288
So i have a sleep disorder where i sleep about 5 hours and i sleep in the same position every single time. I sleep on my left side and have started to notice a hole on my upper armpit side of the pec. Is this normal? Like i have it really deep on my left side but barely on my right. Am i fucked?
>>
>>35251290
Catalog
>>
I'm 31 and had my first problem with ED last Saturday. I know it's all in my head but what is some OTC pill that I can get as a safety net?
>>
How do i increase water absorption? I'm 250 lbs and even half a gallon has me pissing like crazy even when spread out through the day.
>>
>>35251366
creatine
>>
whats the single best bicep exercise i can add to my routine?
>>
What's the longest you can go without lifting before it's detrimental to your gains? I have to take two weeks off because my gym is closed for Christmas one week and the other week I'm spending with my parents until New Year's. Should I deload when I start back up?
>>
>>35250714

Why can't I lose weight?

At around 15% bf - eating strictly @ 1200 calories and carb cycling (keto).

How the fuck am I not losing weight, lads?

It was fine until I got to around 15% bodyfat. Every fucking time I cut, I get stuck at 15%, not matter how hard I diet. It's a fucking joke because I'm so strict with it and get fuck-all results when I reach this stage.

I am counting the calories and weighing everything correctly and I should be in ketosis, so why the fuck can't I get lower than 15%?
>>
I have had a slight knee pain that is making me avoid my leg days in fear of creating more damage, so what can I do to recover or figure a different route? I can do leg presses and it usually makes it a bit worse going up and down stairs the next day.
>>
>>35251072
Quit worrying about it. Your body weight is able to fluctuate by like 10lbs in a day. Just keep it up. What's important is that OVERALL you're losing weight.
>>
>>35251380
probably preacher
>>
>>35251364
soya lethicin and l argenine can help
>>
Been on EC Stack for about two weeks now. Have lost approx. 20 lbs, with light gym activity. I plan to step it up, and start working out a lot more.

I can see some of the areas where fat is fading, but when I take measurements, I only see measurement loss in a few spots. Is this normal? I know you can't target specific areas to burn fat from, but you'd figure it would overall start shedding from everywhere, not places like the front sides of my stomach, or my neck.

What is the best routine for just fat loss? I will worry about building a lot of muscle later, but right now I'd just like to maintain and slightly build my muscle, while getting rid of as much fat as I can, and hopefully not having loose skin.
>>
>>35251345
A hole? Like in the skin and muscle? Might be getting a bedsore, bud. Change your sheets and dress the hole with antiseptic and a good bandage if it doesn't look TOO bad. If it's oozy, go to the Dr. or free clinic.
Change your sleeping position to avoid bedsores.
>>
Will training forearms twice a week improve overal growth and strenght in arms?
>>
>>35251460
Thanks can I get those together or should I hit up GNC and get them seperate
>>
>>35251517
Will improve forearms
>>
I'm fat and have had some money issues, so no gym for me. Would run out, but the winds here are freezing cold and the ground is icy.

Should I invest in an EC stack? Or is that more for built-folk who are trying to lose weight.
>>
>>35251601
I just posted a little bit ago about starting the EC stack. It's been working great for me so far. 60 tablets of bronkaid will run you 15 bucks. If you go to walmart, you can get 24 for about 5/6 dollars. Go to a dollar store, and you can probably find caffeine pills there too. If not, buy a bottle of them for about $5 or 6 as well.

Start out using those until you run out, and see how the EC stack is working for you. If it's working well, then continue using it. As for your gym shit, go on craigslist, and see if you can find someone selling some old weights and barbells. It will be expensive upfront, but you'll save money buying used, and own the equipment instead of needing a gym membership.
>>
>>35251601
>Would run out, but the winds here are freezing cold and the ground is icy.
See >>35246236
>>35246392
and >>35246415
>>
So my power clean has gone steadily up, but now I'm having back issues.
Everything is fine until the receiving phase, that's where I can feel my back tend to hurt. That and putting the weight down (going from shoulder height, to catching it at the end) since I'm not allowed to drop weights.

Any tips on avoid back pains or strains in the receiving position ?
>>
>>35251699
Well good for them, I'm not risking getting sick or injury.
>>
>>35251640
I'll have to check out the EC stack stuff.

>As for your gym shit, go on craigslist, and see if you can find someone selling some old weights and barbells.

Three problems with that:

1. I seriously do not have the money right now.
2. Live in a tiny town with mostly seniors. No one sells anything besides bikes
3. The most problematic: I live on the second floor of an apartment complex and don't have any room for it.
>>
>>35251830
Those excuses are part of the reasons why you're fat.
>>
My cheat doesn't line up with Christmas day

what do I do?
>>
>>35251878
Look man, how would you go about it without getting numb or sick? Put on too many layers and you've restricted RoM
>>
>>35251895
You get warm when you run, mate. One pair of sweatpants, a sweatshirt and good running shoes.
>>
File: wisdom.jpg (44 KB, 377x398) Image search: [Google]
wisdom.jpg
44 KB, 377x398
Hey /fit/, skinnyfat 5'10 160lbs here. I started doing Starting Stretching and Molding Mobility from this resource http://phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html and http://phraktured.net/molding-mobility.html

I'm getting DOMS like a motherfucker from this stuff. I have like zero muscle though, so I'm taking it as normal. Is it? I hope I'm not injuring myself because I'm too weak to even do stretches properly. I just finished my routine today and I noticed that I was able to breathe a lot better and for some reason acquired laser focus. stretching made me a mutant ;_;
>>
>>35251887
enjoy christmas. One day isn't going to kill you, just make sure you get back on the diet.
>>
So this is pretty dumb to ask, how many of you can see your abs without sucking in or tightening at all? How important is lighting? How important is a tan?
>>
Gonna get a home gym.
Can some someone give me suggestions on what brands to get on a bench and shit? (If it even matters)
>>
>>35251967
As long as it's strong you're set. Just don't buy complete shit.
>>
I just want to lose weight.
is an hour of bike a day enough? How much water before and after exercise? Should I keep the same pace in that time?
>>
>>35251954
lighting and tan is good, but the visible abs with no trick is the goal for everyone.
>>
File: 170.jpg (199 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
170.jpg
199 KB, 720x1280
>>35251954
That depends on how lean a person is, if they train their core, and their fat distrobution.
I can see them at around 15%, and I can only see one at around 20%, while flexed .Mine appear unflexed at about 10% (Or whatever I was at here, minus the water that built up from not exercising for a bit over two weeks, and the loose skin from being morbidly obese as a child).
Good lighting is key if you aren't lean enough quite yet, and a tan will always make your body look better, unless you're old.
>>
File: 5.jpg (178 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
178 KB, 683x1024
When do I move to a higher weight?
>When it becomes easy to do
>when it becomes not as hard
Or other?
>>
>>35251999
Sticky. Read TDEE section
>>
>>35252012
I prefer to go increase linearly until I fail and then back down three increments and start increasing linearly again.
>>
>>35251995
Not sure what would be considered shit or decent.
Got any list of examples/links?
>>
>>35251999
>How much water before and after exercise

This is beyond minutiae.
>>
>>35252049
I disagree Senpai. I used to wrestle and the difference when I was and wasn't holding water was noticeable. At least to me.
>>
>>35252039
Sorry man I'm poor asf and can't join the homegym master race
>>
>>35252030
Thanks.
>>
>>35252067
What I meant is that the amount is nothing to think about. Drink if your thirsty and don't if you're not. Only a complete retard could fuck that up.
>>
>>35251854
Do you have no job, or just a shit paying job? I live in an apartment on the third floor, one bedroom, and I can still find room for gym equipment. just take it out of a closet. It doesn't take much room to hold 10 plates and a bar.
>>
>>35252097
Yeah my kidneys are a bit fucked. 15+ lb cuts in hs for 10 weeks was just dumb
>>
>>35250714
best leg-focused routine for starters?
>>
File: bottles.png (670 KB, 1123x700) Image search: [Google]
bottles.png
670 KB, 1123x700
well?
>>
>>35252147
SS
>>
I have 5x1kg bags of WPI, if I open all of them will they go bad before I can use them all?
>>
>>35252078
so how do you lift then? gyms are more expensive than building a home gym (if you buy used weights)
>>
>>35252196
I'm a fan of big jugs myself.
>>
I get chronic muscle injuries in my back now. Like, every week. Sometimes it's lower back, and sometimes it's like midback where it meets the ribs. Should I focus on core to help me not get injured anymore? Shits really getting to me, I stopped lifting cause I would just hurt myself constantly
>>
>>35252231
this
>>
>>35252222
bump cmon i got quads too
>>
>>35252270
DOCTOR
O
C
T
O
R
>>
>>35252222
It's a powder, so don't let any moisture in. If you have a container that can hold that, just dump it in there (you might get powder everywhere if you're not careful). Aside from that, it wouldn't go bad unless, again, moisture gets in.

I've kept powdered kratom in a bag with a rubber band around it for 4+ months and nothing happened, and that shit is literally a ground up plant leaf grown on some discount-ass indonesian farm. WPI is generally made to food safety specs. You're fine.
>>
>>35250714
Oh fuck /fit/, I screwed up

I was doing OHP and on my last rep, I was struggling to get it up when I triggered a "reflex". My calves literally tightened and exploded, and I jumped and ended up nearly hitting the ceiling with my arms in fully stretched OHP position. Now my back is feeling kinda tingly; is it nerve damage? Oh shit shit shit shit

It never hurt and I stopped having the tingly sensation, but now I'm just worried af. Should I go see a doctor?
>>
>>35252128
>Do you have no job, or just a shit paying job?
Actually yes, I just got an interview today for a part-time.

>It doesn't take much room to hold 10 plates and a bar.
We literally don't have enough room for the stuff we already have. Adding a bar and bench is an impossibility.
>>
>>35252945
Is your apartment 300 sq ft, or do you belong on an episode of hoarders? Is it fault of family, or fault of girlfriend?
>>
>>35251136
5x5sl is great for newbs because it teaches form before throwing heavy weights in which will fuck you if done wrong
>>
>>35252976
We have people over a lot. And as far as available space goes we probably have less than 100 sq ft left.
>>
>>35252663
Sounds like you pulled a muscle or tore something. If you have a doctor consider seeing him, otherwise just rest for about two weeks.
>>
where do you buy ephedrine? I just bought two boxes from the store and they were hesistant. 48 pills ain't enough for shit.
>>
>>35251967
Just done this myself as a newbie.
Get a cage, flat bench, Olympic bar and some plates and that will do most of what you need
>>
Meal prep: I've always despite eating very similar meals of chicken, rice and veg cooked them day in day out. Decided to do mass cooking on a Sunday. How long are chicken and rice fine for in the fridge?
>>
Is there anyway to fix chest gap?
from exercises to surgery
>>
>>35253145
No. Deal with it.
>>
Serious Question

How would you guys respond if a younger guy said he looked up to you or that you were their hero?
>>
>>35253195
see >>35252158
>>
I've been doing Starting Strength for 3 weeks with a few extra accessory lifts and a couple minutes of jump rope warmup.

How do I deal with the shame of being in the gym for less than 30 minutes?

Twice now the person working the front desk has commented on how quick my workout was when I was leaving. Makes me feel like a chump senpai.
>>
A male coworker gave me a card that said something like "never stop smiling" with his phone number in it. I found out that he got fired the next day for nearly starting a fight with his boss.

Does... does this mean I'm starting to make it? Also, should I worry about my work being shot up soon?
>>
>>35253252
Look down at your feet and mumble something about cortisol and maximizing growth hormone while awkwardly moving towards the door.
>>
File: 20151213_015602.jpg (177 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20151213_015602.jpg
177 KB, 640x480
Do I have gyno? If I do how can I stop it?
>>
>>35253446
Those are called pecs. You can stop them by not bench pressing.
>>
If you go on a crash diet, is the rapid weight loss muscle being burn or fat reserves being burned? I have surgery done to my jaw and I won't be able to move my jaw for three weeks so I probably will not hit my BMR.
>>
>>35253502
Both
>>
>>35251399
stop doing keto you fucking autist
>>
>>35253511
But is it mainly muscle? I think it might be worth it to not bother drinking too much of that liquid food because it probably is gonna be disgusting and I am pretty overweight, but I am afraid I am going to lose the little gains I have made.
>>
I need some headphones that I can wear when lifting and running. Any recs on not shit ones?
>>
>>35253054
plz halp im no a druggie
>>
>>35253540
It depends on how much muscle you have and how fat you are. If you are very fat the loss will be more of the fat than if you aren't fat. And if you are jacked you'll experience a greater muscle loss than if you're a weakling.
>>
File: this is you.jpg (8 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
this is you.jpg
8 KB, 236x236
>>35253569
>>
>>35253569
>pls can you help me with these drugs, I'm no druggie

lel
>>
File: image.jpg (516 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
516 KB, 2048x2048
4-5 months

Does it look like I lost weight in my abdominal area? I don't cardio.

Bf% estimate please as well
>>
>>35253710
CBT for you
>>
>>35253730
Huh
>>
>>35250714
>spend teenage years doing nothing but 4chan and vidya
>lose weight
>look good
>females respond to me and actually flirt with me
>"so anon, what do you do for fun?"
>spaghetti
>"usually just the gym, i lead an uneventful life"

how do i overcome the autism of having nothing interesting about me aside from spending all my time at school, work, the gym, or on a chinese cartoon board
>>
>>35253810
Spend time on different boards and see if something clicks. I want to learn to draw so I check out /ic/ every now and then tbhwyf
>>
>>35253763
He wants you to take this to the Current Body Thread. Check the catalog bruh.
>>
>>35253847
Oh ok, thank you.
>>
returned to the gym about 1½ month ago after a long break, when doing squats (deep) my left knee aches. Don't want any permanent knee injuries to fuck with me, what do? Up until now i've just done squats with no weight once a week but no improvement
>>
>>35253934
Post a form check.
You might be doing something wrong, even if your form was pretty good a little over a month ago.

How old are you, and have you done anything since you stopped that might have caused an injury?
>>
What /fit/ stuff should I ask for christmas? May just ask for money to buy food with. Was hoping for any ideas you guys may have
>>
>>35254162
Thank you for the reply. Can't post a picture atm, sorry.
I'm 22, 6' about 170 but i have pretty weak legs, could that have something to do with it? I worked on form mostly since when i started lifting 3 years ago i was very skinny (about 135, lifted for a year and gained up to about 155 then stopped -> ffw to now).
I never really got to progress much in strength when doing deep squats, could it just be that my legs are weak and I'm compensating by putting strain on other bodyparts? Sorry for the rambling response
>>
When is it my turn to bench 3 plates?

Can bench 235 5x5
>>
>>35254288
Foam roller, AB wheel, cool shaker cups, A discounted shoulderok, whey protons, active wear (if you like that shit), underwear, wool socks, voga mat and/or lessons, ticket for personal massage, pre workout, steroids, cool sweaters to wear to the gym, etc.
What actual things do you like?
>>35254335
That all depends on your squatting form.
I don't know much about it, but I know someone who'll come by later will. Assuming you know squatting basics, I can't do much to help.
>>
>>35251571
go to cvs they are like amino acids kinda expensive but they help
>>
>>35254369
In a year maybe, that depends on you though.
Some people just can't bench 3pl8, even if they've been trying to for years. Without getting more than ideal levels of fat gains.
>>
should I elaborate a plan to kill the personal trainers in my gym?
>>
Can I bench 3x a week? Just 3x5
>>
I posted in these a few times asking for advice and shit as I had plateau'd. Wrote a lot of it down, started following it like scripture.

No question, just wanted to say thanks to the frequent posters in here. Dropped another 10 pounds since I made these changes.
>>
Where on my chest should the barbell touch during bench press?
>>
>>35254610
Everybody had a spot that's comfortable for them.

I usually hit around my nips
>>
Rate this please####
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E5Ep96ZpIM
>>
>>35254397
Yeah don't have acess to mirror/good lighting, a little over 4 am here. Another reason why I don't think its formrelated is because when i walk long distances or run the ache sneaks back
>>
>>35254744
Your knees rotate in a little at the bottom, and you round your back a little too

Stick your ass out more
>>
I have poor grip strength and cant hold the bar that well when I do deads, but, If I switch grip I can lift way more weight.
Should I lift more weight with switch or should I lift lower weight regular grip until my grip strength get better?
>>
will benching 3x5 produce drastically different results than 3x10 (in terms of hypertrophy)

i feel like i can progress very well on 3x5 but i can't add shit to my 3x10
>>
How do I lose weight
>>
>>35254875
just use switch you fuck
>>
I am fucking constipated and I need a game plan so any tips on this would be great please.
>>
>>35252242
one could say you only like big jugs for you
>>
>>35253054
Anyone have an answer for this? I don't want the government thinking I'm making meth when it's just for an EC stack.
>>
What is a dirty bulk?
>>
>>35255248
When you don't worry about nutrition while bulking and just eat a ton. You get muscle put put on a lot of extra fat, hence it being "dirty".

Also why the fuck is my bench so weak? Every other chest or triceps exercise I add weight to consistently, but I've been stuck benching a pl8 for an eternity. My incline dpress went up by 20lb while bench stays the same.
>>
>>35255293
Try incorporating exercises that involve your front deltoids. The front of your shoulders are a big part of bench press.
>>
>>35255248
it's basically eating a big surplus of calories when bulking, usually done by eating cheap/junk food but it can be done with healthy food as well.
>>
>>35255323
>front deltoids
Goddamn delts suck, why must you need like 5 exercises to work one muscle
>>
When I squat I get this weird pain just where the bar sits on the right side, feels like it's pinching a nerve or something. Even when I put some padding there it still happens, should I be concerned?
>>
Been lifting for a little over 10 weeks now was doing some makeshift PPL with a friend and recently branched off and started Reg Parks beginner program for the past two weeks. My current worksets are:
Squat 220
Bench 165
DL's 205

5'11" 165 lbs currently bulking at 500cal over TDEE
How long should I continue Reg Parks before moving onwards to another program?
>>
Hi /fit/... How do I get through the holidays?! I love food too much and my family makes incredible stuff. I think I will either die from withdrawal or go apeshit at the table and eat everything! Any advice?
>>
>>35255492
sounds like vaginitis
>>
>>35250781
just fucking excercise
>>
Does bar size matter when doing SS? My gym has 3 bars in the squat rack 1 big, 1 a little smaller and 1 with curves, I usually use the big one for Squats and Press and the small one for Deadlifts, is there any difference besides weight?
>>
I think I've done it fit, snap city here I am.

I was squatting down to plig in my alarm clock and my right hip just about exploded when I shifted like 0.0000001mm and I've been in agony since, could sleep at all.

It feeld like its.my hip joint but it doesn't hurt too bad when I move my leg, the worst is when I bend forwards or try to shift my weight around like sitting down then standing up.

I'm currently sat here waiting for my dad to wake up to take me to a real doctor, but in the mean time, what's your unlearned opinions?
>>
Diet soft drinks being as bad as regular for health and weight loss. Is this true or just mom science?

I'm trying to lose weight so for the last 3 months I've been drinking water most of the day but one can of cola with my dinner meal. Obviously going pure water would be best but would it still be another improvement to switch that one can a day to diet or is it pointless. Obviously calorie count matters but I hear a lot of moms science about diet soft drinks being bad or worse and not sure what is slightly credible.
>>
>>35256136

Depends, but for most purposes not really.
>>
>>35256265
Anything can be bad for you without moderation.

Diet drinks scientifically haven't been linked to anything bad, but there are some studies that suggest artificial sweeteners make you produce insulin that goes nowhere, which isn't great.

Having one a week won't kill you, probably harmless as long as you don't have more than a couple per week. Still not a good thing to indulge in though.
>>
Are there any benefits to getting in a jacuzzi/hot tub after a workout?
>>
How the fuck do I buy ephedrine? Do they not sell it anymore?
>>
>>35256265

there is nothing in diet soda - no fat, carb or protein

okay, there is actually like 0.7 of a calorie in a diet soda, but you won't put on weight drinking it.
>>
>>35250860
Ask your goddamned crush out, and start on a healthy foods diet. No "bulking" then "cutting." Just eat your daily 2500 or so calories with the macro-nutrients in proper proportions. When it comes time to take off you shirt, take off your damned shirt and quit worrying. When she starts noticing wonderful changes, you can use that against her.
>>
>>35250781
>just exercise
With proper diet.
>>
>>35251285
Because we didn't consider them fun ourselves.
>>
File: 1434931045381.jpg (88 KB, 960x680) Image search: [Google]
1434931045381.jpg
88 KB, 960x680
How into Oly lifting after not lifting all year due to injury while bicycling 40-60 miles a day. How do I manage lifting and cycling for max gains/recovery. Should I do one before the other? Will I have to chose between endurance or strength? Should I do less squats because of cycling. Increase cycling tempo/grade instead of leg work? Does anyone here actually do endurance activities/sports?
>>
>>35251817
Bend with the knees, not the back.
>>
What do I do after I'm done with Starting Strength?
>>
>>35256464
switch to an isolation program
>>
When bench pressing, should the bar touch my chest? Also where? My gym instructor told me today that I should barely make any contact with my chest
>>
>>35256477

It should touch, but it should be a light touch. Imagine its touching your shirt but not your chest sort of thing.
>>
>>35256471
ty breh
>>
>>35254897
plz answer this
>>
>>35256315
Or downfalls?
>>
>>35256530
lifting will increase gains. The more reps, the more it tears muscle fibers. You don't want to ruin your body though.
>>
>>35256535
I would wait for your heartrate and body tempertaure to calm down before dipping in.
>>
>>35250714
I have an ED.
I avoid social outings involving food because I refuse to consume the same things as my peers or fatty family members. I'm not some skelly with a Indy 500 metabolism dammit! Im always on my own in this and no ones helping by putting this fucking shit into my face.
>>
I understand that EC stacks make your heartrate a bit faster. I also understand that you, under no conditions, should do HIIT while taking them.

So my question is, I can't afford a gym membership quite yet: Should I just focus on diet or should I get something to help me exercise?
>>
>>35256546
Just explain why you won't eat it without being rude about it. Make sure that you're saying "I can't" not "I won't get anything". Stand your ground. If they say that's dumb then fuck 'em.
>>
File: Snapchat-6440417696771727026~01.jpg (398 KB, 1440x1984) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6440417696771727026~01.jpg
398 KB, 1440x1984
Will I ever have a 6 pack for fucks sake? Ever? Even if I work really hard?
>>
>>35256778
Lower bodyfat, achieve six-pack.
>>
>>35256785
Not true. I'm 10 and when I feel my abs, there aren't any more cuts. I'll be in cbt.
>>
>>35256802
That is not 10% bf
>>
>>35256546
I also don't like going out to dinner with people because I won't get enough sleep and everyone gets shitfaced and I don't drink, but I just refuse the food and make a joke about my macros, everyone knows I'm obsessed with fitness anyway
>>
>>35256802
>10%

Fuck outta here, Faggot.
>>
I want to have a cheatday. (+40%)
I want to know how my macros should look in order to reverse my hormone levels.
>>
>>35256368
similar problem, Muay Thai three times a week. Legs too tired to do Squats, if I do them anyways, muscles don't get enough time to regenerate before the next MT training. I can only effectivly do strength training once a week and doing no real progress because of it.
>>
>>35256804
>>35256873
Nevermind, it's 11.5 and that's a result from hydrostatic weighing. It should be less now actually because I wasn't working out at alk back then and there's a noticeable difference in my body.
>>
>>35256935
Besides, you can go down to 8 or 9 percent if you're really obsessed with seeing your abs.
>>
How sensitive are your testicles? I've never thought about it until my gf said she's never met a guy with as sensitive balls as I have.

For example, if she massaging it gently, if she just moves a finger in the wrong place, I get shooting pains in my genital region.

Is this normal?
>>
>>35256943
Unless your GF is seriously grabbing your balls that is not normal.
>>
>>35256910
carb up.
get you 2g of protein per kg, then just carb up.
>>
>>35256947
But I've had it all my life. What could be the underlying condition?
>>
>>35256943
I don't want to scare you but seriously go get that checked out asap. Good luck
>>
>>35256958
I'm not a doctor anon. I suggest seeing one and not self-diagnosing.
>>
>>35256942
Well fuck. How am I supposed to that? Watch my macros or just cut calories?
>>
>>35256960
>>35256965
Oh ... :(

I guess it's not normal .....
>>
>>35256967
Do you not know what cutting is? Caloric deficit idiot.
>>
I have never lifted before and I don't know what weight to start on or what lifts to do. How much should I lift so that I don't look like a fool but also don't kill myself?
>>
>>35256943
Go get checked, it's probably something common and stupid like epididymitis.
But even if it ends up being something quite common, get it checked and fixed asap! It could evolve into chronic pain. Do you want chronic ball pain? That's how you get chronic ball pain.
>>
File: 712.jpg (38 KB, 557x723) Image search: [Google]
712.jpg
38 KB, 557x723
hey /fit/ can you recommend me a good fish oil supp?

I only have cheap 1000mg tabs with 180mg EPA and 120mg DHA - thats too low right? what the fuck is the rest made up of?
>>
>>35257016
Age, sex, weight, previous training?
Anyway, start with the empty bar, step it up some 10kgs at a time.
>>
>>35257016
READ

THE

>>
>>35257016

We all start somewhere else. Took me 8 months to be able to do 1 pullup.

In the meantime i was deadlifting 265 basically from day 1 thanks to years in manual labor.
>>
>>35257016
btw, if you want to 'not look like a fool', then go in with good form, and squat high bar.
a proper squat is much more impressive that breaking form with heavy weight. it shows that you might be weak, but are in control, and if you stick to it you'll go far. you max out in contests, not in training!
>>
>>35257100
yeah I'm basically the complete opposite, I can do about 10 pulls because I weigh very little but I just found out I can barely curl just the bar
>>35257028
18 male fairly healthy but skinny as fuck
I did some squats and some curls, I tried some deadlifts but I'm sure my form was terrible and I'm too afraid to bench
>>
>>35257125
what's high bar?
>>
File: murdock.gif (1 MB, 841x445) Image search: [Google]
murdock.gif
1 MB, 841x445
Im about the hit a public gym for the first time. any tips? what do I need with me?
>>
>>35257184
it's not what SS teaches (btw, check out why SS suggests low bar, it's not that black and white unless you want to compete).

bar on traps, not on delts, different back angle, no hip hinge.
if you've seen oly lifters doing squats with a very tall stance, back straight up, that's an high bar squat.
>>
>>35257191
Don't lose your towel.
>>
File: 1431622985448.jpg (50 KB, 389x366) Image search: [Google]
1431622985448.jpg
50 KB, 389x366
New to lifting here. Yesterday I did a set of 5 deadlifts at 60kg (counting the bar)

It seemed easy enough, but 1-3 hours after the fact, I got a tight, restrictive feeling in the centre of my chest, just below my sternum (if the sternum is where I'm thinking it is).

It's not exactly painful, just uncomfortable. I feel it if I breath deeply.

I think it may have been that, during the lift, I may have raised my head too high, though I'm not sure if this would cause what I'm feeling now? I'm trying hard to keep my back neutral but I forgot about the head position.

Anyway, it's not as bad today but it's still there. What is it? What do? Normal?
>>
>>35257275
Below the sternum, so the upper part of the abs?
It's normal, deadlifts destroy and rebuild the n00b lifter, that's why form is so important even tho it looks easy.
Can you foam roll the spot?
>>
I'm a noob, should I hire a personal trainer to teach me proper form for each exercise in the Starting Strength routine?
>>
>>35257297
Up to you, but if you do at least have them teach you how to clean and snatch.
Nowadays, with videos, community support, books... most people can learn the forms well enough on their own, but if you've got the money to spare, why not?
If it's either the pt or a steak, tho... steak. Every time, steak.
>>
>>35257275
could have done something to thoracic spine or musculature around it, wouldnt worry about it at this point just rest and look up some vids on dl form
>>
>>35257285

No foam roll. Just imagine the space between your 2 nipples. That's roughly where I'm feeling it when I breath deep
>>
>>35257306
thanks buddy
>>
>>35257341
that's your heart, wtf.
do you have a tennis ball lying around, or something like that? if it's something you can overlook, a vigorous massage should help.
>>
>>35257360

Maybe I was wrong. I'm just trying to pinpoint it roughly, it's around that general area but I can't be exact. No tennis balls either.

I'll see how it goes
>>
>>35257360
Your heart isn't located directly beneath your sternum, anon...
>>
>>35257444
so that's why I can't find a pulse!
and here I thought I was just dead!

it's not like he's pointing out on a doll where the big bad deadlift touched him, come on.
>>
Yesterday I started doing core workouts so I would end up hurting my back less. Literally all I did was 30 seconds of plank (even this was difficult), 50 push-ups, and some leg lifts. The problem is, my ribs are fucking killing me today. Is this normal? Like I'm getting rib pain in the front and back.
>>
I'm indian can I still make it?
>>
>>35257499
But why think that it's his heart when he says the space between the nips? Might as well say that it's his liver, what's the point?
>>
>>35257529
Not normal from the routine you're describing.
>>
How do people do PPL routines? Do they really go to the gym 6 days a week?
>>
>>35257617
Well what the hell could it be? I was seeing a PT and didn't seem to think there was anything profoundly wrong with me other than a weak core. I try to fix weak core, and the shit hurts more! Fuck this shit I'm about to just give up on fitness
>>
if i want to losse weight (10-15 kg) should i lift with free weights or use machine and alot of cardio?
>>
best exercises for upper back?

currently doing:

pullups

bent over barbell rows (underhand)

lat pulldowns

high rows (machine)

i'd like to hit my upper back more, lats look good atm but what isolates upper back best?
>>
Do push presses have any advantage over normal strict OHP?
>>
>>35257643
If it's just below your ribs (and maybe feel like on top of the first pair of ribs), then it may just be weak core (very very weak). All muscles hurt when you start out training them.
Otherwise you may have stressed your thoracic diaphragm.
The solution is to lay off for a few (one or two) days and see if it gets better.
>>
>>35257740
Hmm stressed diaphragm might be right because I was also practicing different breathing habits yesterday. Breathing into the gut rather than into the chest. Do you think that may be it?
>>
>>35257680
Both are good, one is not simply "better" than the other. Use one to progress the other.
Synergy, ya dig?
>>
>>35257803
>Do you think that may be it?
That's why I mentioned it. Just leave it for a few days.
>>
>>35257889
Ok cool, I'll chill out a bit. How do I avoid this for when I get back to it next time? I'm assuming it will just gradually hurt less and less with each workout but I'm not really sure.
>>
Worth buying your own weight belt?
>>
>>35257873
yeah, but is one more explosive/better for explosive power than the other?
>>
>>35257899
If it's muscle pain it will gradually go away the fitter you get.
If it's your diaphragm it might not return. I only got it once when I started out. If it recurs I recommend doing some research, but wait until it does. It might never happen again. Stay positive bro.
>>
>>35257924
Okay awesome, that's reassuring. Looks like I'll be able to become fit eventually.
>>
Is Smolov Jr actually worth it for squat gains? Or should I just bite the bullet and do regular Smolov.

Also is there a similar program to add a lot of weight to your deadlift? My squat and dead are both at 225 and I want that dead at least at 315.
>>
There used to be a pic of a tied up chick posted here quite often a few months ago. I think she had blue duct tape across her mouth. Can someone post it or give me the name of the chick?
>>
How do I testicle gains, /fit/? I want to go from grapes to grapefruits in the new year.
>>
>>35257672
Weightlifting exercises, namely power snatches, power cleans and particularly high pull variations.

Row variations with your elbows flared out more.

Rackpulls.

Incline shrugs.
>>
>>35257941
In my experience it's never worth it to sacrifice long-term progress for short-term progress. Which from what I've seen is generally what happens.
Good PR followed by stagnating and achy joints.
>>
File: wut 4.jpg (90 KB, 880x584) Image search: [Google]
wut 4.jpg
90 KB, 880x584
>>35258008
>>
>>35258019

Microwave them
>>
>>35252011
Girl gets poked in eye with your shoulders
>>
was doing pistol squats today when i felt a twinge in my hip

could this be due to tight hip flexors?
>>
>>35258019
i know that feel man

i love to watch male animals walking around with their massive ballsacks hanging

i also love to see balls slapping in hentai and porn during sex

shaving and scratching them at the same time is a bless too
>>
>>35258019
i don't know this feel

>tfw varicocele
>>
>>35255293
Sometimes you have to just the weight on and try it. I thought I was stalled at 2 pl8 plus a 10, then one day when I'd eaten well and felt good I put the 25s on instead. Knocked out 5 reps.
>>
>>35258008
she was posted in the op of /fraud/ threads a lot and had huge tits. it was posted on almost daily basis for a while
>>
>>35257921
I guess, but for a regular qtddtot lurker the difference means jack shit.
Just lift and don't sweat the details too much
>>
Supplement noob here, what fat burner pre-workout should I look at getting?
I'm an ex-fatass looking to lose the last 5-6kg before I start my first bulk if that helps.
>>
>>35258319
I just thought it might be useful for basketball, but if the difference is negligible then fuck it.
>>
Hey /fit/. I'm an Ausfag and there's a well known gym near me that's offering 16-18 year olds free access for the entirety of summer holidays (6-8 weeks).
I've read the sticky and lurked for a while, but money isn't exactly something my family is able to spare on gym membership or equipment, so I've been doing a stupid split with dumbbells for the past 3 months, am basically a complete beginner.
Would you kind anons be able to give me some advice on what program I would be well off following, and some tips on starting off?
>>
>>35258537
>Summer holidays

Damn yoooooou!

I personally like starting strength but you've probably had that suggested to you by people already.
>>
How do I accommodate running - in terms of diet - so I don't lose all my fucking gains. Do I just keep protein at 1g/lb and fat at 0.4g/lb, and just make up the burnt cals with carbs? Is this logic even right lads?
>>
Which is the most accurate tdee calculator available online? I've used a few with varying results.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.