[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/. So I love overhead press, however, it's the exercise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Hey /fit/. So I love overhead press, however, it's the exercise i've injured myself the most on and it's always the same thing that happens, a rhomboid strain I believe. I'll be going along and i'll tweak something somehow and next thing you know I can't turn my neck without pain for like 3 days. I realize it's probably bad form but i was wondering if any of you knew how this particular injury happens when doing overhead press. Thanks
>>
What's rhomboid?

I have a problem using dumbells, but pretty close grip ohp is fine. I mean a bit wider grip than your shoulder width.
>>
>I love overhead press

does not compute
>>
>>35249547
your neck is too weak if you get neck pain
>>
>>35249547
I don't know much about your affliction OP, However i do know that the key to an OHP is that all the torsos muscles are strong, i.e. you need strong abs, back, shoulders, arms etc....

So maybe the reason your rhomboids hurt is because your back is weak, therefore i would recommend you strengthening your back via deadlifts.
>>
>>35249547
>Overhead press? I think your mispronouncing it, would someone please correct this low iq ape?
>>
>>35249547
For a Rhomboid strain my educated guess would be that you are leaning back too far when you push. You should be brushing the tip of your nose with the bar as it rises, and then as soon as it clears your head you push your head through. The Holy SS teaches us that your head obstructs the ideal perfectly vertical bar path, so you want to limit the forward movement of the bar as much as possible; hence barely missing the tip of your nose and then pushing your head through.
>>
This mostly happens to me when I don't tighten my core hard enough + when I'm doing 1 2 or 3 RMs. Drop the weight and be more strict with form.
>>
>>35249994
>>35249913
>>35249908
>>35249803
Thanks guys.
>>
>>35249994
This.

Also try finding rippletits how to press video.
>>
>>35249547
something similar sometimes happens to me
especially when i work with heavy sets of 3

something hurts in the middle of my back: lower trap area, but it's more "inside" my body (around ~2" depth is where the pain is the hardest)
it hurts when i try to lean my head forward (look down)

i watch my form and already do >>35249994, but it sometimies still happens on heavy ohp

ohp is now at 185x3 at 210 bw
i've reached that weight fairy quickly, maybe it's because smaller muscles (like said romboids) didn't have enough time to accustom to heavy weight pushed overhead?
>>
Do any of you guys even know what your rhomboids do lmao
>>
>>35252586
It's that thing that girls like near your abs right? I think they're called Roman Rhomboids?
>>
>>35249935
I believe this ape means The Press.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.