[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cold showers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: DdSWpxC.jpg (55 KB, 450x1070) Image search: [Google]
DdSWpxC.jpg
55 KB, 450x1070
Who all here takes cold showers?

Just starred, it's a good time.
>>
>>35244362
Fucking weirdo
>>
My experience:
>switched to completely cold showers since June this year. Since then didn't even have a slight flew once. Also feel fitter and it gives me a superior feeling afterwards
>>
>>35244362
curious, is there a reason to?
>>
How cold should the shower be?
>>
>>35245037
Cold enough that you question why you fall for /fit/ memes.
>>
>>35245083
megadank the megadeth
>>
>>35244362
I started recently because cutting again and I tend to get a bit of lose skin after a cutting phase, so I thought it might help tighten skin. Its nice for before work or any kind of time crunch because it's much less enjoyable so no reason to stall in the shower
>>
The bad ass dude who climbed Everest wearing nothing but shorts, Wim Hoffman, claims that frequent and regular exposure to cold is necessary for a healthy immune system and a strong body.

Most people die climbing Everest in full climbing gear and 6 layers of insulated clothing. He did it in nothing but shorts and didn't even get frostbite.

I'm convinced.
>>
I start with hot then alternate cold for like 10 seconds a few times

I've heard the shock from difference in temperature is good for immune system but I doubt it, I was sick constantly this year. Really I just can see that it's good for face skin and I cbf doing an entirely cold shower
>>
>>35245102
Phone autocorrect sucks, his name is Wim Hof
, not Hoffman.
>>
>>35244362
not in picture:

the equipment my boss provided for me
the taxes my boss has to pay because the government demands more than its fair share (which is nothing)
the fact that if i don't bring in a shark i still get paid regardless, i am always guaranteed that money; the boss then has to pay someone to cut the shark, someone to transport the shark, someone to market the shark, and after all that he then has to actually sell that sharl; this is all after he's paid for his employees; he's taking the risk that the shark won't sell and he'll lose money; he's also doing all the work managing those people and ensuring he got the right people for the job

don't like that you aren't getting enough? do it yourself
>>
File: kimtheworker.jpg (106 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
kimtheworker.jpg
106 KB, 639x960
>>35245158
>implying employers have it rougher than employees

Why would anyone ever own a business if this were the case?
>>
>>35245283
because the ones who are smart and good at it know how to get through the hard part and live the easy life
>>
>>35245326
In other words, it is better to be an employer because you are paid more. Got it.
>>
I have a bad habit of running my showers a little too hot and for a little too long so my skin dries out, I'll wash up and everything, then wash my face last and then blast it to cold for about 20-30 seconds to close pores and all that jazz, also seems to wake me up more and I feel shocked/energized. Slightly less dry skin too
>>
>>35245334
no
its better to be an employer of a successful business that someone else built up
>>
>>35245102
Most people do not die climbing everest. Its pretty much a tourist attraction now.
>>
>>35245158
Babbys first ayn rand book
>>
>>35245349
I think he meant 'most people who die'
>>
>>35244362
Seriously fuck this image

The underlying principle of employment is
>(Money you bring to the company) - (your wages) > 0

The compamy is trying to maximise the above. Companies aren't there to be nice to you. They're there to make money. Why don't people think about the big picture and realise this

>inb4 conservative

Tbqh I'm centre-left. I'm not saying that this is the best way to do things. I'm pointing out the way its actually done
>>
>>35245102
It's because they're tourist fucks who have it on their "bucket list". They climb with no experience or knowledge. You're an idiot. Plus only 19 people died this year. That's a record for most deaths in one year btw and most were because an avalanche.
>>
>>35244362
Took one this morning involuntarily. Fuck that shit!
>>
>>35245283
>>35245334
You're fucking retarded

It takes 10 000 miserably failed businessmen who work their ass off and never get anywhere to spawn that one guy who gets rich after ton of work and can live easily for the rest of his life

If you think it's easy go ahead faggot start your own business, see how far you get
>>
File: sophisticated artic woman.png (361 KB, 475x570) Image search: [Google]
sophisticated artic woman.png
361 KB, 475x570
>>35244940
>>35244996
>>35245083
>>35246606

Cold showers and exposure to cold in general has been linked with increased testosterone, whilst testicular exposure to hot has been linked with with the lessening sperm motility and healthiness

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/j.1939-4640.2002.tb02336.x/abstract
https://www.animalsciencepublications.org/publications/jas/pdfs/33/4/JAN0330040804
http://www.ajog.org/article/S0002-9378%2813%2900146-4/abstract
http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/endo.141.4.7416
http://alumni.berkeley.edu/california-magazine/november-december-2006-life-after-bush/cold-shower-hormone

It may be beneficial to adverse tumour chance and could overall increase cellular immunity
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2211456/

It has anti oxidative properties
http://qjmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/92/4/193.long

It seems to increase the metabolic rate and thermogenesis, given that we are forcing the body to adapt quickly to temperature changes; it
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10825419

It increases vascular capacity and capillarity

It has also been linked with improved mood and a way to fight depression

Forcing yourself to exit from your comfort zone is alone a good training alone

I seriously hope you guys do cold shower every morning. As for myself, I have a mild shower after gym (I work out at 0500) (~26 C) followed by a cold shower (~2 C, no more than 5 C) for at least 1 minute or anyway unless I've been fully adapted to the cold. Then again I turn on the warm water again for my hair only, or it takes forever to dry it out
>>
>>35244362
Took cold showers last year from September to January supposedly to boost by immune system. It was horrible but actually I didn't get sick that Fall. Then in January a got a massive cold and just decided to ditch the showers. The only really good thing about them was the based feeling afterwards.
>>
>>35246652
I didn't proof read all that, my apologies - it's hopefully intelligible anyway
>>
>>35246530
so you are saying that the guy that have the balls to invest millions of dollars to start a company, had to take infinite difficult decisions to keep the company going, lost a lot of money and nights without sleep because other peoples mistakes, this guys should earn less money because you think the world should be fair? because you are too good for your job? i'm not even rich or own a company, but if you agree to work for someone and you complain about your salary you should either quit or look for another job
>>
File: 1449334645568.jpg (91 KB, 1437x908) Image search: [Google]
1449334645568.jpg
91 KB, 1437x908
>>35246530

we are here for you buddy
>>
If you take cold showers for too long, can it induce hypothermia? I started taking cold showers about two weeks ago and at some point I start feeling a bit numb during them. Oh, I shower for at least an hour and if you were wondering about the temperature, I don't use any hot water. Just straight up cold. The water has been colder lately because it's winter.
>>
>>35244362

I know they're good for you and I want to start taking them, but I'm a wagekek and a hot shower in the morning is one of my few enjoyments and I'll be damned if I'm gonna give that up too
>>
>>35244974
I haven't and I haven't had a flu either. that doesn't really prove anything.
>>
File: Hightestreceptionistchick.jpg (248 KB, 1080x1440) Image search: [Google]
Hightestreceptionistchick.jpg
248 KB, 1080x1440
>>35246652
How in the name of Bobandy you can take 2 degree Celsius showers? Seriously, what kind of shower do you have?

Fapping to high test chicks while taking a cold shower is the ultimate test boost. Your test levels would probably skyrocket if you took those 2 degree celsius showers and fapped to high test ladies.
>>
>>35248740
He is obviously just guessing and his estimates are way off. Usually you can't go lower than 5 C with tap water.
>>
>>35247190

How in the name of FUCK can you take 1-hour long showers?
>>
>>35246618
I'm about to register yet another plc. Yes it's daunting if you don't know what you're doing but it is a hell of a lot better than being a prole. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
>>
>>35249000
Let it steam up and treat it like a sauna.
I used to do it all the time when I had a lot of phlegm in my lungs.
How you can do it with cold water I have no idea.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.