[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fat, but not fat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1450024540436.png (591 KB, 586x755) Image search: [Google]
1450024540436.png
591 KB, 586x755
So here's the thing. How much of today's population is considered overweight? 60 percent?

Now I'm overweight. Nothing like what we see in fat hate threads or Tumblr, and I am doing stuff about it, so I'll never be Boogie mode. But when I mention my being fat to people, they turn around and say "you're not fat". It pisses me off to no end. Yes I am fat, yes it's my fault, yes I am responsible for my own decisions, no I don't want people stepping on egg shells because they don't want to hurt my feelings.
I get it, people are being nice, and I'm no Tess Holliday, but with so many people in the west packing on the pounds it seems like we've lost perspective on health and beauty standards.

So I have a question. If you are/were fat at some stage were there people with good intentions who would tell you you weren't fat, even though you packed the extra chin and your tummy bounced when you poked it? And what are your thoughts on this?
>>
>>35243343
I've never been fat
>>
I don't pay attention to what others say. I stay in shape for me and me alone. Listening to others opinions on my body doesn't help me or motivate me.
>>
>>35243343
Was fat in middle and first half of highschool. I'm not advocating bullying, because that's pretty shitty, but there were very few of my peers that were 'supportive' or whatever of my fat.
My parents were always like "you're not fat".
Lost weight and actually had a pretty nice looking lean face/body by senior year.
>>
>>35243407
That may be the case. But i just don't understand what goes through these people's heads when they say "you're not fat" or even worse "it's okay to be fat as long as you're okay with it".

Seriously. What. The. Fuck?
>>
>>35243343
Already told you the hips are too high, retard.
>>
Never been fat.
#lankletlife
>>
>>35243481
Because people these days have been conditioned to a) never hurt some poor snowflake's feelings by telling the truth, and b) they're delusional as to exactly what constitutes 'fat' because so many people are overweight anyway. When most people have a BMI of like 25+, exactly what constitutes 'overweight' shifts to like 35+. So the entire scale is delusional. It's like a bunch of people on /fit/ who think that you're not 'ripped' or whatever unless you're absolutely huge on 8% body fat, whereas to most people, if you look halfway athletic or even otter mode, you're approaching 'ripped'.
>>
File: 1446867430734.jpg (97 KB, 845x450) Image search: [Google]
1446867430734.jpg
97 KB, 845x450
At my heaviest, I was about 15 lbs overweight. When I took the initiative to do something about it, I found that my coworkers encouraged me to maintain than to lose. I was lauded for bringing in salads when they ordered take away, literally had junk food dangled in front me me, and was constantly reminded that I "looked fine".

People that do this shit want to bring you down to their level so there's no competition. Either use their jealousy as fuel for your goals, or remain complacent with the rest of them. I'm down 20lbs and aim to be down 20 more in the upcoming months.
>>
>>35243343
Being fat became the "standard" sadly. I lost weight (from 100kg down to 80kg) and people always said to me
>no anon, you weren't fat, you were just chubby
I wasn't fat for THEM but I was fat for me. God I hated myself when I looked into the mirror.

Also a bit of a cushion isn't that bad imo. It's okay to have a few extra kgs, just don't go overboard.
>>
Once the fat starts to infiltrate government, it's going to do away with BMI or the standard ways of classifying it, and/or banning school textbooks that promote thin healthy living. You're probably going to see fat being touted as a choice in the same way they are required to "teach the controversy".

I also enjoy seeing those posts where they refer to other smaller, but still large people, as "small fats". Everyone's going to be overweight so soon you'll have to pay a thin tax or some shit, let alone being able to say who is fat or not.

Thank god for once for stingy stubborn old people, I can only hope whoever is in charge will hold out for as long as possible.
>>
>>35243343

i was never fat but uh i get what you mean.

The problem with fatties is that they put too much thought into it.

Who gives a fuck what they say to do you or think about you?

You are already here. Change yourself and stop caring about other people.
>>
File: B0E4EXUCcAAZmwr.jpg (66 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
B0E4EXUCcAAZmwr.jpg
66 KB, 600x600
>>35244667

the worst that could happen would be a beauty "standard" shift where it becomes "sexy" to be fat.

So women and men actually actively work towards being fat because its considered to be the ultimate goal bodies.

Kinda can see that happening already with the BIG BUTT meme trend.

Im into thin sporty girls so i dont think these fat asses are sexy (sure to a certain degree but thats cuz im no fag).

Im just saying its a dangerous trend because it promotes an unhealthy lifestyle combined with a beauty standard that comes from that.
>>
>>35243343
When my mate said I had girl titties I got off my ass and lost 23kg

My gf(ex) allways told me I was handsome so I did not think it was that bad and gave no effort in losing the weight i had put on. But then she cheated on me.

I was fat for about a year, never hated myself so much before....never again
>>
>>35243343
My BMI is around 30. I don't really feel or look obese (just normal disgusting), and I've been losing weight slowly for a while.
Down 20 or 30 pounds and for some reason I'm still getting taller on top of that. To be honest I should take advantage of being such a late bloomer by actually working out and not just walking more and eating less.
>>
>>35243343
People are hypocrites that will try yo recomfort you. If you can't see yourself that something is wrong with your body, then natural selection is coming for yoj
>>
>>35243343
When I reach 18-19% body fat and start cutting, I get pissed off when my gf tells me I'm not fat. I know she says that out of kindness, and that she believes it. But I take it as someone trying to prevent me from doing progress because of their own insecurities (she's a little overweight).

I think many women lack the drive that many men have, the competitive spirit that make us want to be better than the other men around us, and that is here for evolutionary reasons. They just don't understand that we don't see this as some kind of oppression, like they do when they think they need to lose weight.

And then there's the malevolent kind that purposefully tries to bring you down to their level. Avoid these toxic people.
>>
>>35243343
ex-fattie grill here
People would usually tell me I wasn't fat but because they didn't want to hurt my feels (I notice now I can't tell anyone they've gotten fat either even if they have). There was only one person who I knew to be a manipulative bitch that asked me if I'd lost weight (while I had gained), the others were all out of politeness.
Then I've had some people who who gave hints about my fatness but wouldn't say it directly.
Then there were two of my friends who had a serious talk with me about it and thanks to them, I had started to lose weight.
I still feel chubby and could stand to lose a bit more but people all tell me "nooooo don't lose more weight" because they're afraid I'm gonna become anorexic and because fat-standards have changed over the years. (this chubby guy once called me a bag of bones, wtf)
>>
>>35243343
I used to be 6 foot 1 and 270 lbs. I had never lifted, just pushups and shit. Nothing that would make someone 270 lb and muscular. I went on a crash diet, then started lifting heavy 6 days a week. Got down to 215, then maintained diet and kept pushing. It is now over 2 years later, i am, in my opinion, muscular as fuck. 235 lbs. Veins sticking out of arms and legs. Still a little fat on the midsection, but i can see a hint of abs. My point is that i am still fat by my standards. People who used to tell me i wasnt fat now claim that i am getting too thin. Too thin, at 6 foot 1 235 lbs. People are delusional, and if they admit you look better they have to admit that they dont, so they will try to keep you fat by saying you look fine, while deep down you get depressed because you know you are not who you should be.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.