[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arms thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: Arms-Workout.jpg (99 KB, 752x557) Image search: [Google]
Arms-Workout.jpg
99 KB, 752x557
I am struggling so hard with arm gains. Everything else I'm making mad gains with, it's just arms.
What do you guys do for your arms routines? How do you train volume wise etc.?
>>
heavy compounds, ie rows help
>>
>>35241281
and not that much volume at all, desu. like 3x8-10. every once in a while I'll do curls, but rarely
>>
>>35241253
Triceps. I have a source, but don't feel like digging ti up.
>>
>>35241253
I do some or lots depending on what other hoists were performed that day. Mostly I don't, because compounds.
>>
3*5-8 bench
3*8-12 incline db bench
3*5-8 ohp
3*8-12 db ohp
That's the triceps

3*5-8 rows
3*f pullups
3*8-12 hammer curls
That's biceps

Deadlift 3*3
Plate only rear delt flys 3*8-12
That's forearms (plus the hammer curls)

Not that my arms are great or anything, just sharing what I do
>>
Close grip binch

My tri's exploded after doing these 3 times a week. 4x8 @ 205 currently
>>
File: vmwqi.gif (105 KB, 295x200) Image search: [Google]
vmwqi.gif
105 KB, 295x200
>>35241253
8 hrs of curls a day, then fly to Mexico for some synthol injections and pmma spot shots. Wooooooooooo
>>
>>35241281
>>35241294
>>35241385
>>35241407
Thanks for the help dudes, this is great!
>>35241424
I'm going to have to go with this one though it seems the most legit
>>
>>35241253
Just curl it out, bro.
>>
>>35241253
it's always the most skeletal guy in the gym doing arm curls
>>
>>35241586
*wrist
>>
File: blinders lol.jpg (19 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
blinders lol.jpg
19 KB, 183x276
>>35241297
The reasoning behind this is that triceps naturally take up 2/3 of your arms. However, the average High School kid who just started doing dumbbell curls for "sick arms" tends to neglect his triceps, simply because he's too inexperienced to know any better.

This bit of advice is pretty common knowledge for anyone who's been seriously lifting for more than 3 or so months. It's literally normie knowledge.

...At least, I THINK that was the reasoning behind it. It's been a long while since I read why.
>>
>>35241668
>>35241297
I definitely smash Tri's as hard as Bi's, so they're just as small as each other dont worry
>>
>>35241668
>triceps 2/3 of arm

That's an old gym myth, tgey account for 2/3 of movement but not size
Triceps are 50%, brachial 20%, biceps 30%
>>
File: the shit i put up with.jpg (159 KB, 840x623) Image search: [Google]
the shit i put up with.jpg
159 KB, 840x623
>Long, spindly arms
>CANNOT ADD MASS
I do arms more often than any program recommends, and my lifts are getting into respectable levels, but after the pump goes down they still look like skeltal cross-country runner arms with no muscle on them
>>
>>35241907
If you get a pump every time you are doing something wrong imo
>>
>>35241781
Well, I suppose so. But even then, if you come across some Fresh-Off-of-Highschool kid who's just starting to get into lifting, then he'll be neglecting 50% of his arm right there by only doing dumbbell curls.

Bretty good advice for normies in my opinion.
>>
>>35241907
OP here, this is exactly the same as me
>>
File: fap.jpg (86 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fap.jpg
86 KB, 720x960
>>35241253
>I am struggling so hard with arm gains.
>>
>>35242007
What are you currently doing?
>>
File: Bte45BbCQAE7pWT.jpg (54 KB, 640x648) Image search: [Google]
Bte45BbCQAE7pWT.jpg
54 KB, 640x648
>>35242007
>how to get big arms?

Rows with supinated grip, weighted dips, tate presses, jm presses, & 20 rep breathing squats
>>
>>35242017
Biceps
Tri set 3x8 different exercises each week
finished with one exercise 4x12 of a lighter weight to really fuck my shit up at the end

Triceps
pretty much the exact same thing
>>
>>35242065
What kind of program and how many days a week?
>>
>>35241253
just fap like crazy everyday it worked for me
>>
>>35241253
Train triceps more, maybe even less biceps too. Tris are 2/3rds of your arm m8
>>
>>35241253
What's working for me is hitting arms 3x a week
Also heavy dumbbell and barbell curls. At least once a week I go heavy 4x6-10 with rest pause. Then after hitting my reps I go a bang out a dropset till failure.

You need to switch it up for arms. Sometimes you go slow and controlled and another time you go Jeff Seid curling form mode and emphasise on the negative.
>>
>>35242086
Twice a week
>>35242089
but mah testosterone
>>35242127
I might try adding arms to after my shoulders workout just to fuck my shit up more. I go heavy as shit on my tri or super sets and always finish my workout with a high rep lightweight

All your help is really appreciated dudes thankyou
>>
Go heavy on the OHP and do as much moderate volume there (70-80% 1RM) as you can . do this no less than 2x week, this will be the base for shoulders

Bench 2-3x week. Flat bench is best for most people. use a mix of ranges; I prefer a intensity day that then has 2-3 bodybuilding style drop sets, a volume day using something like 5-8 sets of 5 at moderate rest (3-5 minutes), and a density day that can have up to 80 total reps with about 30-90 seconds rest (using sets of 1-4 reps).

Biceps are largely taken care of by rows, pullups, and other back work.

rotate in close grip & DB work and anything else you can think of, but never go to failure on these. They are closers and should be done to add volume, not fuck the bar.

For forearms, hold shit. A favorite of mine are static holds with the elbow against the bench or a safety. Do this shit for time like farmer's walks and your forearms will become steel.
>>
>>35241253
>Be me
>Hanging out and friend's house about a week ago
>Some girl tells everyone to come check out my arms
>Even the guys are all "Woah, brah. Your arms are super sick, bro."
>I've always thought they were pretty small compared to the rest of my body
>The people I met at my friend's house call me "Big guy" and playfully punch my arms and stuff when I see them on the street

This is what I do for arms, in order of how I usually do them. (I'm a disgusting curl bro and I hate myself for it, but the gym is miles from where I live and all I have are a bunch of dumbbells).

>5x10 Dumbbell curls
>Light weights to failure
>Pretty much just a bunch of sets where I curl 20 pound dumbbells until I feel like I've had enough
>5x10 Dumbbell tricep extensions
>And, again, supplementary tricep extensions using lighter weights, where I just kind of do a whole bunch of sets to failure until I feel like I've had enough.

I practically saw changes overnight. Within a week, I could see a noticeable change in the mirror. Within a month, people started doing that whole "your arms are looking big" thing.

The weights should be pretty heavy, and you should just barely be able to complete the tenth rep with every ounce of your being. Short rests in between sets lasting about 30 seconds to a minute. Also, I like to plug my laptop into my TV and watch a movie or something while I'm at it. Just for funsies.
>>
>>35242355
> Biceps are largely taken care of by rows, pullups, and other back work.

This, I had 16" arms at 16, 18" @ 18 , 20"@ 20 , & 21" @ 25. Haven't done a curl since I was 14 yrs old. Bicep curl is most overhyped exercise.
>>
>>35242408
>Biceps one inch smaller than Arnold
>Hasn't done a curl in more than a decade

I'll take "fatceps" for 10, Alex.
>>
>>35242384
So basically massive high volume? That's cool >>35242355
I do all these already on my chest and back days. I do chest and back on the same day twice a week now. Making amazing gains from that

What I might try is do a large heavy superset, something like 6x6, then finish with 3 exercises of lower weight high volume around 4x15. Do that for both tri's and bi's.
What do you guys think?
>>
>>35242574
>fatceps

Nah, Dbol and Winny prevent that
>>
>>35241907
Maybe you have too much volume given recovery times?
>>
>>35242408

I do keep curls in my regular routine to keep any tendonitis from beginning. They do shit all to increase size & thickness that I already have.

>>35242616

I don't know.

I've always gotten my best (ie. more weight on the bar) increases when I go for high sets, low rest, low rest. I tend to program any accesories that way instead of high rep and drop the rest to 15-20 seconds.

if 4x15 gets you what you want, go for it.
>>
>>35241907

Respectable levels my ass.

That tells me you're using too light of a weight for everything, you don't eat enough, and you're running a fuckarounditis selfmade program.

Man up, do heavy shit, and stop the endless curling.
>>
>>35241253
Judging from this pic OP you seem like another curl bro. Please give your triceps more attention as well it is a muscle on your arm larger in proportion to your biceps.
>>
>>35242384
show us your arms
>>
>>35241253
On days you work arms work them until you physically can't anymore, on days where you wouldn't usually do arms do at least one exercise for bis and one for tris (3 sets til failure)

This is from my experience doing a bro-split but it's made a noticeable difference.
>>
>>35242355
How do you work in lower body and pull movements? Do you do them before or after push?
I want to increase my squat and deadlift, but when I do them on the same day as presses, when I do presses second, the presses usually suffer.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.