[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: injuries.png (60 KB, 742x826) Image search: [Google]
injuries.png
60 KB, 742x826
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

The thread where everyone is extra nice because you started before January 1.

Just don't hurt yourself, okay?
>>
>>35240397
I can bench a lot more than I can squat. Is this an issue?

> 120kg bench for 8
> 100kg squat for 8
>>
>>35240408
What's your height and weight and how long have you been performing each lift?

But yes, it's probably an issue.
>>
GF is switching from depo to the pill for birth control. I've read that the pill kills sex drive and makes chicks crazy and shit, how fucked am I?
>>
File: Smelly.jpg (37 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Smelly.jpg
37 KB, 480x640
>>35240408
Are you progressing on the squat? If you are then don't worry. Just keep lifting and it'll be alright.
>>
Anyone have good tricep exercises that minimize elbow strain? Tendonitis flared back up in my right elbow, can barely jack off never mind do a skull crusher
>>
>>35240451
Offer to buy her an IUD.

All the no-period and no-babies of the pill, much less severe side effects.

Otherwise be patient while she tries to find some version of the pill that doesn't make her feel like garbage.
>>
>>35240482
If something acts up in my elbow cable rope extensions usually don't aggravate it.
>>
>>35240451
chicks don't need pills to be crazy, anon
>>
File: IMG_5991.png (1 MB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5991.png
1 MB, 640x960
If I want to tone should i do creatine

pic related, me. currently 189, dropped from 195lbs in 4 days
>>
I just started at a gym. Working on doing squats and deadlifts without hurting myself and have just done the bar.

But I don't know if the weights on the plates are in Kg or Lb. Doesn't say shit on them. Do I just assume because I'm in the US that they're all in lb unless otherwise marked?
>>
>>35240408
post video o lifts
>>
>>35240451
Like someone said. IUD. It's not as simple as a pill to insert + money but it's better.
>>
>>35240559
Are the largest ones 45? Then they're pounds.
>>
>>35240536
yes it will give you good results but only if you consume at least 20 grams (4 scoops) a day.
>>
>>35240580
I'm not even up to those yet. 10-25.
>>
>>35240598
All your weights are in pounds, then.

The big weights are 45 lbs or 20.4 kg, each.
>>
>>35240433
Height 6'0
Weight like 105kg

Been lifting for like 4 years. Went through a period of not doing legs for quite some time. Only started recently to focus more on it.

>>35240460
Yeah I am. Getting there. It's just weird seeing all these people squat like 4 plates each side with only like a 2 plate bench.
>>
>>35240598
No but you can probably still look at them? If you're using 10-25 numbered plates they're most likely pounds but if you've just seen them they might still be kilos. 25kg plates are quite heavy though, as plates go.

There's probably a 95% chance that they're pounds.
>>
Is coffee enema real?
>>
>>35240536
pull up your shirt... we can't see your arm.
>>
>>35240536
If you want more visible muscles you should continue to lose fat and lift progressively heavier weights.

Creatine is questionably effective and should not be your priority.

>189, dropped from 195lbs in 4 days
A small fraction of that is from fat.
>>
>>35240626
Hey man, I've squatted 3 plates for a triple (bellow parallel of course) and pulled 4 plates for a single but can't even bench 80kg. People are just built differently and excel at different movements.
>>
>>35240626
Yeh, your lifts are normal for how long you've done them. If you had been squatting for as long as you've been benching you'd have much stronger legs and your squat would be greater than your bench.
>>
>>35240647
Can you actually stick a tube up your ass and pour coffee in?

Yes, you can.

It'll likely have about the same effect as any other enema.
>>
File: 1432583802720.gif (84 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
1432583802720.gif
84 KB, 403x392
>>35240397
Why don't enough people post in this thread instead of making their own threads like they're a goddamn special snowflake REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35240783
At least you didn't make a thread about it.
>>
>>35240783
I feel like some of the posts in these threads are so moronic that people don't want to associate themselves with them. Like fucking "toning". Really?
>>
On my current program I squat three times per week: 2×8 in Wednesday, and 3×5 on Friday and Sunday. This week I did 230 on Wednes (PR for that rep scheme), 265 3×5 on Fri (new PR for that rep scheme), then today for my Sunday workout I was feeling particularly sore in my quads and wussed out and did lmao1pl8 front squats for 5×5. Assuming I man up and don't do a pussy workout for squats next Sunday, is there any serious detriment to taking a light day once in awhile (this is the second time I've done this in the span of 5 months)?
>>
How do I coordinate my core? I can't tighten my core without holding my breath, and my glutes don't really fire during my lifts. I want to be able to breathe while keeping my core tight, and I want to be able to use my glutes during my lifts.
>>
>>35240957
Same anon who posted this question. Part of why I wussed out wasn't just the quad DOMS, but I also have been getting pain in my left shin during and after squatting that isn't very painful, but seems to have been getting slightly worse over the last 2 or 3 weeks. Could this be something serious or should I just push through it?
>>
Will my muscles start to look unbalanced if I train with pushups and crunches only? I do about 500 of each pr day. Coach's orders but he's an idiot.
>>
I wont have access to a gym for two weeks and planning on starting my cut when that happens, is it a good idea or should i wait until i get back home to start it so i dont kill my gains?
>>
Been bulking for a year and think I'm gonna start cutting soon. How much mass should I loose each month on a 500kcal deficit and how long should I cut? Currently at around 16% bf
>>
>>35240957
>is there any serious detriment to taking a light day once in awhile

No, there isn't. As much as we'd like, bodies don't always grow at predictable rates, particularly now that you're getting past the novice level.

You'll have days where progress stalls or even reverses temporarily, a light day is fine then. If you want to make sure you're on track, look at your progress over several weeks instead.
>>
Looking for opinions on switching to front squat instead of back squats.

I know you can't lift as much as back squats but I don't care about e-stats.

It just seems like it would be easier to maintain form.
>>
>>35240986
You know that proactive response you get when you know you're going to be hit in the stomach? That is core activation. If this is hard to do on command, look at yourself shirtless in the mirror and take some deep breaths. If your core is activated at all during those deep breaths, you'll see your stomach go in and out. If your core is not activated, you'll see your shoulders going up and down. That's what helped me get core activation down pat, but if you search "how to activate core during X exercise" on YouTube you'll get some good results
>>
>>35240957
What do you think? Do you really think taking it light for one workout day out of 60 is going to impede your progress? You needed it, you got it and you're moving on.

For your shin, look for things that aggravate it and avoid those things. If you're getting pain from squatting you're doing something wrong so look over your form.
>>
>>35240996
You won't look unbalanced, but you won't get very big.
>>
>>35240995
mmkay, that's a little different. Don't try to push through the pain. Until the pain is gone, try different lower body lifts that don't hurt.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ThighWt.html

It's frustrating to stop but consider that you have many years of lifting ahead of you -- aggravating an injury now is not in your best interest.
>>
>>35241048
Any bodyweight routines you can recommend to get results? Don't have access to weights.
>>
>>35241014
>>35241038
First time in a long while I've gotten actually good advice from /fit/. Thank you much, brehs.
>>
>>35240986
Do I understand you correctly when you say that you want to breathe during exercises that load your core, like squats and deads? Why?

For your glutes, open up your hips. Try pointing out your toes more and see if that helps.
>>
>>35241011
500 kcal deficit is equivalent to about .5 kg of fat loss per week.

How long you cut will depend on your goals and what you'd prefer to look like, 16% is not technically an unhealthy level of bodyfat.
>>
Theoretically, how quickly can a natty lifter progress in weight?

My current 1RM on flat bench is 180lbs, and it seems to go up about 10lbs a week.
>>
I want to add rear delt flys to SS to prevent rotator cuff injuries.
How often should I do them in the routine? 3 times a week?
Also, should I be doing them with low weight, high reps?
>>
>>35241113
Theoretically it's impossible to say. Are you unsatisfied with the speed of your progress? Sounds fine to me.
>>
>>35241079
It's more just that I don't have a good mind-muscle connection with my core. I apparently have a weak core (weak squat and dl and I injure myself often) and I would like to strengthen it. I think my core would be easier to strengthen if it was more coordinated.
>>
>>35241113
Your early gains should be around 20 lbs per week on deadlifts, 15 lbs on squat, and 10 lbs on most other lifts.

After a short while those increments will be much smaller, perhaps only 2.5-5 lbs per week on all lifts.
>>
Any good bodyweight routine for beginners?
>>
>>35241130
Just curious as to a typical sort of guideline on progression like how >>35241147 put it.

Thanks
>>
>>35241136
I'd worry more about bracing than breathing while tensing your abs if you're injuring yourself.

I learned a lot from watching this video, see if you do too. It's a bit long but very informative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw
>>
>>35241184
Cool, I'll watch it. I'm grasping for just about anything right now. A life of PC gaming has fucked my health up senpai.
>>
>>35241157
>>35241072

Convict Conditioning and Never Gymless:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

or look for "You Are Your Own Gym"
>>
>>35241104
I just want abs and some definition for the summer. Can I bulk after my cut again or will that just reset my cutting progression?
>>
>>35241256
Thank you bro!
>>
File: 45369990_xl.jpg (35 KB, 717x717) Image search: [Google]
45369990_xl.jpg
35 KB, 717x717
Thinking of buying these, are they really worth £10? http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-xlite-9in-shorts-mens-453699?colcode=45369990
>>
I started low bar squatting last week, how do I know if the bar is in the right position?
>>
>>35241266
Bulking after your cut will mean slowly adding on fat again, that's unavoidable. However, if you're good about lifting during your cut you shouldn't lose muscle performance and you'll return to a normal progression of strength when you restart your bulk.

When you reach your desired size you can switch to a maintenance diet and continue to lift for moderate gains.
>>
>>35241341
Thanks bro
>>
>>35241339
I struggled with this for a little while.

While the bar is still on the rack, step underneath, as if you were about to lift it.

Keep your hands on the bar and flex your back and shoulder muscles.

Keeping the bar in the rack, move your torso vertically against the bar, sliding the bar from the top of your traps and down across your scapula.

You should feel the bar "catch" in the valley made by your posterior delts, below the top of your traps. That's where you want it.

Also watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2tyOLvArw0
>>
>>35241295
Never wear shorts mate, they're restrictive as fuck. Go full nude.
>>
Are Addidas Powerlift 2 good shoes?
Or should I just double down and buy Adipowers?

I'm broke as fuck student and I'm just starting out if that's helps/
>>
So, uh.

My dick regularly moves out of position during certain lifts and I feel as conspicuous as Selma Hayek's nipple in a cold room.

Is this actually noticeable by anyone else and how might I prevent it? I already wear a jockstrap + regular underwear.
>>
>>35241538
Well I don't typically look at mens' crotches at the gym, I would hope that's the norm. I think you'll be alright.
>>
>>35241529
You don't need lifting shoes for just starting out, in fact it'd look a little pretentious. If you don't have any shoes for the gym now, keep it simple and buy some generic athletic shoes with fairly rigid soles.
>>
>>35241583
Converse alright?
>>
>>35241529
The powerlifts are, sadly, shit. A cheaper pair that are good are the power perfect 2's.

But as said if you're a beginner you don't need to spend the money yet. In fact, most lifter's outside of olympic weightlifting don't use them. The important thing is that the sole is thin and flat. If you have some chuck taylors around those would be perfect.
>>
>>35240482
Jesus, you know how EVERY physician in the entire world will tell you not to "aggravate the situation"?

Maybe...Maybe it's because they have a VERY good point and you're just not listening hard enough.

Don't workout your triceps if you literally have tendonitis in your freaking elbows, man.
>>
>>35241558
It's not the norm.
>>
>>35241606
Oh for sure, it's a reasonably popular option.
>>
>>35241583
>>35241621
The only reason I'm looking at them is because I've got a fucked up ankle after an old sports industry.Haven't actually lifted since then.
Thought weightlifting shoes would just add support for my ankle.

But if Chucks are fine I'll use though.
>>
>>35241701
Without knowing the nature of your ankle injury it's hard to give advice.

But in general weightlifting is not a particularly ankle-stressing activity since you are not running or jumping. I would cautiously assume that you won't need extra support in this case.
>>
How effective are EC stacks for losing weight? A part of me feels as though I'm just looking for an easy way to boost my weight loss since I'm currently a recovering fatty, but if there are safe results for this stuff I wouldn't mind giving it a chance.
>>
Hey, here is what I do 5 days a week:

Cardio:
5 km run at 12-13 km/h

Machines:
Lat Pully, 87,5 Kgs
Shoulder Press, 50 Kgs
Butterfly, 65 Kgs

Dumbbells:
DB Press - 22,5 Kg (each DB)
Skull Crusher - 25 - 27 Kg (one DB)
Row - 25 - 27,5 Kg
Curl - 15 Kg (each DB)

So, I think my biceps need work because the amount I'm lifting is so low. Also, I do this 5 days a week, for 3 months now. I've gone from, being 95 kg at 170 cm to being "only" 77 kg (I still have more to lose, and then work to maintain, I know).

My problem is, I have no gym buddy, so are my weights good for the time I've started working out? Should I increase, increase, increase? Should I focus more on biceps?

Any comments are appreciated.
>>
>>35241868
It's effective.

It isn't safer than the alternative. It might be completely harmless for you, but no one can definitively say.

Imagine, though, that you have many many years left to be thin. Your time spent losing weight will be relatively short with or without EC stacks.
>>
My neck on the right side is always sore and tight i stretch but it doesn't seem to help not sure what could be causing it
>>
>>35241941
Do you run alot?
>>
>>35241952
No never i hurt my trap awhile back and after it healed my neck started to get sore not sure if that matters
>>
File: 1422479356949.jpg (104 KB, 650x633) Image search: [Google]
1422479356949.jpg
104 KB, 650x633
I have a pretty bad case of scoliosis, and I was told I would fuck up my back even worse if I lift heavy shit. Iv been doing cardio instead to stay fit but after several injuries I'm thinking its time for a change.

Is it true that people with scoliosis should not lift? If so are there any alternatives to cardio that won't fuck up my knees/legs?
>>
>>35241921
You should more clearly define your goals.

It sounds like right now your priority is to lose weight, which you've done pretty well since you're down 12 kg in 3 months. In fact you should be proud of that kind of progress.

Exercising to lose weight is not conducive to lifting heavy or getting big muscles. Be thankful for whatever gains you have made, and continue to increase weights as possible. You can focus on getting stronger and more muscular when you've finished burning the fat.
>>
>>35242009
Yeah, my goal right now is just losing weight, not getting big (as you said, and from the sticky that I read, that comes after goal number 1 is complete).

As for increasing the weight, I've been just trying to upgrade the DB's and the weight I lift every week by a bit.

Also, thank you for the quick answer.
>>
>>35241921
That frequency on full body stuff doesn't sound optimal at all, but if you're progressing then I guess it's fine. You're asking if they're good but we don't know where you started. You don't say how many sets or reps you're doing on them either so I don't know, but they do sound pretty light for a guy your size. That doesn't really matter though, as long as you're progressing. What does increase increase increase mean? How are you progressing?

I'm more a fan of strength personally so I'd say do starting strength, but I don't know your goals so that might not be what you want to do. The routine you put up does sound like you made it yourself though and I think you might want to reconsider picking up someone else's routine.

If you stick to your routine the only suggestion I have is to do cardio after lifting. Also, 18kgs in 3 months is great work and if weight loss is your primary focus instead of strength this might be the way to do it for you.
>>
>>35240536
Post without your shirt on, gotta assume its just rib bones under dat shirt
>>
>>35241997
Imagine a normal spine as a straw. Now imagine your spine as a bendy straw. Rest a small weight on a straight straw, it wont buckle. Rest a small weight on a bendy straw, it's already buckled, it wont hold shit. Basically, don't lift, the genetic lottery fucked you.

Cardio isn't lifting, you can go ham with that, it wont break your back
>>
>>35242091
>>35241997

Shouldn't scoliosis only preclude any spinal loading, though? Leg press, bench press, and most of the weight machines should still be an option since most of them don't load the spine.
>>
File: lamar-gant-scoliosis.jpg (27 KB, 490x388) Image search: [Google]
lamar-gant-scoliosis.jpg
27 KB, 490x388
>>35241997
I have mild scoliosis and have no problems, and so does the natty king Scooby. Also google Lamar Gant for a dude that was seriously strong with pretty bad scoliosis. I think that just a blanket statement that people with scoliosis should never lift is just false.

That being said we've never met you so your case might be different. You should definitely listen to your doctors, but maybe look into getting a second opinion where you from someone with sport knowledge, and explain to them that you're VERY interested in lifting, if that is the case.
>>
>>35242091
Thanks anon that's a great metaphor.
I'v fractured my foot twice going ham with cardio though, was looking for something safer to keep the pounds off.
>>
>>35242150
Swimming is the obvious, safe option.
>>
>>35242078
Oh, sorry:

When I started:

Cardio:
15 Minutes of Running at 7 Km'h
15 Minutes of Eliptical at level 4
15 Minutes of Cardio (at the end of training) at 7km/h

Machines:
Lat Pully - 37,5 Kgs, 3 sets of 15 reps
Shoulder press - 20 Kgs, 3 sets of 15 reps
Butterfly - 25 Kgs, 3 sets of 15 reps

Weights (I only added them one month and a half ago):
DB Press - 15 Kgs (each DB) - 3 sets, 15 reps
Skull Crusher - 7 Kg (one DB)- 3 sets, 15 reps
Row - 15 Kgs (one DB)- 3 sets, 15 reps
Curl - 7 Kgs (I do one arm and then the other)- 3 sets, 15 reps (8, 7, each arm)

Now I am at this stage:

Cardio
5 Km running, at 12-13 Km/h, meaning I finish in about 23-25 minutes. My goal is to be able to do this in less than 20 minutes.

Machines:

Lat Pully, 87,5 Kgs - 3 sets, 10 reps
Shoulder Press, 50 Kgs - 3 sets, 10 reps
Butterfly, 65 Kgs - 3 sets, 10 reps

Weights

DB Press - 22,5 Kg (each DB) - 3 sets, 10 reps
Skull Crusher - 25 - 27 Kg (one DB) - 3 sets, 10 reps
Row - 25 - 27,5 Kg - 3 sets, 10 reps
Curl - 15 Kg (each DB) - 3 sets, 10 reps

And then I streatch a bit. It takes me about 75-90 minutes to do this. I can't do squats at the gym (no one to help me, and they won't let me because I'm not ready) or use the barbell, because they don't have that thing where you put the bar at the end? You know, at the top. They have the barbell, but you can't set it down on anything, other than your body.

The routine was modified by me. The trainer at the gym told me to do just this:
Cardio:
15 Minutes of Running at 7 Km'h
15 Minutes of Eliptical at level 4
15 Minutes of Cardio (at the end of training) at 7km/h
Machines:
Lat Pully - 37,5 Kgs, 3 sets of 15 reps
Shoulder press - 20 Kgs, 3 sets of 15 reps
Butterfly - 25 Kgs, 3 sets of 15 reps

And then plank for 2 minutes. But as I started getting stronger, I just upped things.

Also, thank you for your answer.
>>
>>35242109
>>35242118
>Leg press, bench press, and most of the weight machines should still be an option since most of them don't load the spine.
I'l ask my doctor about this. Thx

>>35242159
>Swimming is the obvious, safe option.
I'v always thought of swimming as people floating in a pool. I'l read up on this.
>>
>>35242209
Swimming is one the most, if not most, complete sports in the world. I think it was Judo and Swimming that made you use all of your body.
>>
I made up some amino acids 2 days ago and then forgot to drink them, will they still be fine to drink today or what?
>>
File: 40664934.jpg (349 KB, 1200x803) Image search: [Google]
40664934.jpg
349 KB, 1200x803
Is it OK to train 2 days in a row because I know I'm not going to be able to train on the day I normally would after a day off but then take that day off ie
AxBxAx
ABxAxB
>>
>>35242437

I'm training ABxAxBx at the moment and I find it fine
>>
>>35242473
Thanks mate
>>
I sweat so much more when I do cardio than when I lift weights, any advice?
>>
>>35242558

Antiperspirant deodorant? Its pretty normal to sweat more when you're doing cardio than lifting.
>>
>>35242398
no they probably ganged up into one giant protein by now
>>
>>35240397
Is it a bad idea to use AMRAP progression for every lift? Not to failure, but just before.
>>
>>35240451
It depends on the woman, and the dosage. Tell her to get a lower dosage of estrogen if possible.
Or you could stop being a fuck and appreciate her staying on birth control so you can raw dog. Idiot.
Ya know, support her.
>>
>>35241118
bumping this.
>>
how do I keep my arms back when doing pull ups? How do I squat correctly?
>>
Do we have a page for home gym info? Finally have the space, but I want some reliable information on what I need to spend.
>>
>>35240397
Started lifting jan 1, 2 years ago. So I have some tolerance of the new years fags, even tho I'm probably 1 in 10 of the starters that stick with it.
That said, I've only been browsing /fit/ since march. Just how shitty does the board get after Jan 1?
>>
Why does cranberry sprite zero make me energetic? It doesn't have caffeine, so I'm very confused.
>>
File: ;_;.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
;_;.png
65 KB, 285x276
I just moved

I don't have a gym close enough to me and all I have are two dumbbells

What do I do?
>>
>>35243366
Power cage, barbell, and weights

That's pretty much all you need - you can use a simple bench in the cage (since if it's at home you don't have to cut in on someone's squat time to do so)

If possible, find a gym that's closing down and selling their shit, you'll get great stuff for cheap that way
>>
>>35243547
What weight are the DBs?
Do you have some place near by where you could do pull ups? Do you have a skateboard?
Buckets and a scale?
>>
>>35243366
You need a power rack, barbell weight set and a bench. You can get a 300LB set with a barbell for ~$200 from Dicks. For a rack I would get a Titan HD for $400 and throw on dip bars. Then just small stuff like gym mats and chalk.
>>
>>35243574
I've got enough weights to bring the dumbbells up to 40kg each which is enough for me for now

I can do pullups on a nearby tree I believe

I do not have a skateboard and will not do skateboard squats even if I had one

I have a bucket and a scale, though I could always buy more buckets, they're like a dollar
>>
I'm looking to bulk up.
What I want to know is what I should eat, or start eating, and what to cut out.
Before you say anything, yes I did read the sticky.
I'm a 132lbs male with a body fat of 11% and a bmi of 21, If that helps anyone.
>of course the captcha is cookies
>>
>>35243628
Loaded buckets are a great home gym option.
Pretty much anything you can do with kettle bells, you can do with buckets.
>>
I've been making good on gains but I'm still self conscious about taking my shirt off because my chest still breaks out sometimes and I have some acne scars.

Recommend me something to give me better skin?
>>
>>35243637
get the lower grade beef minces

still lots of protein but more fat too, you'll get a lot more calories out of 500g of 3-star beef than you will out of 500g of 5-star beef

Pork and Lamb are also underrated meats for both bulking and cutting
>>
What are some ways to make foods like chicken and eggs not taste like poo poo?
I don't want to use ketchup/hot sauce, too much sodium and sugar desu senpai.
>>
I recently moved in with my wife, and she only buys free range grass fed chicken, and now my chicken/rice/broccoli diet is too expensive for us because of her ideology. What are some cheap alternatives for protein that would fit into a clean bulk program?
>>
File: avocado-heart-400x400[1].jpg (111 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
avocado-heart-400x400[1].jpg
111 KB, 400x400
Hey /fit/ would it be ok to have chips and guacamole or chips and salsa in moderation?

>inb4 you can, if eaten in moderation
>>
File: Doin it.gif (1 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
Doin it.gif
1 MB, 288x288
I temporarily don't have a squat rack available, are lunges a suitable substitute for now?
>>
>>35244008
Multiple solutions
>Kill your wife eat her flesh
>stop being a pussy kek and eat whatever the fuck you want
>kill urself
>>
>>35244091
Yeah I thought I should have been more specific, but I was kind of hoping that was a meaningless worry. I recently moved up from the States into Canada, and as my Visa paperwork has not gone through yet, I am not legally allowed to work. As such, I am living off of her income until my visa comes in, and asking her to spend HER money on something she does not want to is a dick move. Once I am able to work and have an income again I'll just buy what I want, but for the time being:

What are some cheap protein alternatives to chicken that work well with a clean bulk?
>>
File: 1449090614298.jpg (57 KB, 388x544) Image search: [Google]
1449090614298.jpg
57 KB, 388x544
Q: I do my workouts with 2 minute breaks between sets or 1 minute between alternating sets (changing muscle groups targeted) so nothing unreasonable. If I get a night where I'm not busy, I like to just do as many different things as I can and sometimes the workout ends up being an hour and half to two hours long. Lets say I start with chest exercises and move on to different stuff later on that might not involve a lot of chest. Does that mean that if I have my protein and carbs immediately after my 2 hour workout, it will really be 2 hours after for my chest and my chest won't reap the benefits?
>>
I bulked too hard. I should have looked like this in February, not December. I would cut but my lifts and muscle mass are definitely not up to par yet. What do?
>>
>>35244076
Just toss that shit like a clean
>>
Do you need rest days? I end up feeling ready by the next day. And I've been eating/sleeping plenty.
>>
File: 20151214_191357.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151214_191357.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
not sure how much higher I should bulk already put on 6kg does 80kg sound to high I'm 72kg 5.'9 at the moment.
>>
I've been doing SS for like two months now
my squat form suffers every single time I try to increase the weight
I squatted 160 last workout with what I'm fairly sure was a curved back and my lower back is sore, almost feeling like bruising on my spinal column.
what should I do? decrease the weight? take a break from squats? stay at the same weight and just focus on not fucking my back? I do NOT have time for an injury
>>
>>35244315
it doesn't look like you really have any muscle so I would say keep bulking and just decrease the surplus if you're worried about gaining too much fat
>>
Is there any benefit to fasted cardio?
Is there any detriment? Does it burn muscle?
>>
>>35244232
try getting some actual work done and see how quickly that feeling fades away.

If you can train every day, you re training too softly.
>>
Hey /fit/, I've been really looking into getting into yoga. I am currently moderately flexible and lift a decent amount of weight. Do any /fit/izens have any recommendations or places to start?
>>
>>35244208
decrease intake so that you don't gain too much more fat and allow extra time for cutting before the summer
>>
>>35244568

Or you have insane conditioning.

But that's rare and usually the result of someone bullheading their way through the dark days rather than starting out feeling fine after every session.
>>
>>35244168
post-workout snacks are a meme
>>
i bench 235 for 5 reps, i started at 175 x5 in october

how long until i can bench 3 plates 1rm?
>>
Whats a healthy weight loss pace for 50 lbs?
>>
any home gymbros wanna hook me up with a link to a good ez curl bar?
>>
>>35244589
>started at 175
REEEEEEEEEEE
god I hate my genetics so much
>>
>>35244602
i weighed 225 lbs man, it's not as good as it sounds
>>
>>35244552
also, yes I read the book. I just have a problem where my back drops down once I hit the bottom of my squat any time I do it heavy.
>>
>>35244609
eh, benching more than your bodyweight after two months is still pretty impressive
>>
I cant afford a gym so are Calisthenics a legitimate way to get fit?

>Sticky

I've been hearing different things all over the place
>>
>>35244625
you won't be able to do much for your legs but otherwise yes
>>
If I'm sore from two days ago can I work out today? Not painful, just sore.
>>
Do any of you mind when someone asks for a spot? I have autism so approaching strangers for favors bothers me. It would only be for a quick 1rm max on bench.
>>
>>35244650
Yes
>>
>>35244653

I do, but only because so many people are shithouse at explaining what they want out of a spot. If I know what the lifter is after, its no big deal.
>>
>>35242166
>no barbell racks in gym
Leave and never look back
>>
>>35244658
isn't it always the same? just let the guy go until he says "help" and then help lift it off him?
>>
File: 1407985188119.jpg (164 KB, 840x560) Image search: [Google]
1407985188119.jpg
164 KB, 840x560
>>35244168
>it will really be 2 hours after for my chest and my chest won't reap the benefits
nice one, m8
>>
>>35243508
sugar rush
>>
>>35243835
I saw some anon posting about some kind of clay mask or something like that that completely fixes acne scars

maybe someone else knows about it, or you find it on google
>>
>>35244666

That's not how 90% of lifters use spotters.
>>
How do I activate my almonds?
>>
Is SL 5x5 a good program? What are your experiences
>>
>>35245123
If I'm correct you literally just sit them in water for like half a day and let them dry.
>>
i went from 341lbs to 248lbs with workout&cardio 3 times a week and eating less

i am still fat as fuck but i stopped losing weight and i am so fucking hungry all the time

what am i doing wrong?

pls halp U_U
>>
>>35245400
You just lost 80 pounds. Your metabolism is going to change a bit.

How tall are you? How much protein do you eat? How much water do you drink?
>>
>>35243835
Cut out dairy entirely. Cut out white bread entirely. Sleep on a fresh towel.
>>
>>35241026
Just do front squats on a day with some hamstring excersizes and you can switch them for back squats.
>>
>>35245409
i am 6'0 (184cm)
i try to keep the carbs low and to hit at least 150grams of protons a day

my main problem is that if i want to achieve a caloric deficit i feel so painstakingly hungry all day it drives me mad, then i tend to overeat and all is for nought

i think i am what one may call a mesomorph, my FMI is around 24,9
>>
as skinny fat after how many months do I stop bulking? started at 71kg 3months ago, now 76kg, doing SL5x5 for a while then swapped to ICF 3x5. My lifts went from 0 to SQ 90kg, BP 50kg, DL 105kg, ROW 55kg and OHP 40kg.
Before this routine I never did anything fitness related, I started at 114kg when I was 15 and ended up skinnyfat at 17, now I am 18 and 171cm. And when I stop bulking do I do the same workout or swap to something else?
>>
File: 20151211_171228.jpg (235 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20151211_171228.jpg
235 KB, 1280x720
>>35245435
Pic related
>>
File: 1450084942117.jpg (185 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1450084942117.jpg
185 KB, 720x1280
>>35245441
fixed. i hate it when my phone does that
>>
>>35245435
Do you know what TDEE is? It's "Total Daily Energy Expenditure", AKA "How many calories you burn a day".

It changes based on your mass.

When you were 340-ish pounds, your TDEE was around 3100 calories per day. Meaning that you could eat at 2500 and safely lose about a pound a week, if not more due to the high levels of fat.

At 248, your TDEE is only 2550, which means you should be eating around 2000 cal/day to lose around 1 or 2 pounds a week.

As for protein, I actually think you're eating a bit much. You should only eat 0.8g per pound of lean mass (aka your goal weight). I think 120 is plenty.

Second, cut out any high calorie foods with small servings. Learn to love veggies, consider getting some for snacking. Low-calorie, not completely bland.
>>
>>35245440
I think in the sticky it says that you should take a break from bulking every few months for a week, or something of the sort. Aside from that, just keep going until you feel satisfied or notice the fat building up, then go on a cut.
>>
What should I do with my 15 y/o cousin who wants to lift and not be skelly? He's 104 lbs and is 5'6.
>>
>>35245516
read the fucking sticky
>>
Is it ok to do dumbbell bench press instead of barbell bench? What about upright rows?
>>
>>35245537
Sure.
Only potential problem with dumbbell bench presses is that it's impractical to do low reps, simply because getting really heavy dumbbells into position is cumbersome, compared to simply unracking a barbell. Other than that, dumbbells are great. They'll give you a better range of motion, too.
>>
File: DSC06037.jpg (92 KB, 1037x778) Image search: [Google]
DSC06037.jpg
92 KB, 1037x778
/f/ bros, are my biceps too big relative to my body? Should I stop curls for a time?

Pic related, I am the right most human with no face.
>>
>>35245466

well thats part of my problem you see
i tried eating at 2000kcal plus working out 3 days a week for some months but i constantly feel like i am starving and my sugar cravings go through the roof
>>
File: DSC06044.jpg (85 KB, 778x1037) Image search: [Google]
DSC06044.jpg
85 KB, 778x1037
>>35245708
front view, I am the left most human with no face
>>
>>35245708
>>35245716
To me, I think that's pretty proportional. Maybe don't go for more mass right now, just focus on maintaining and working on other areas for now.
>>
>>35245716
Looks proportionate to me.
>>
>>35240397
how do i get really big arms and a tiny body/legs so people can admire and make fun of me at the same time.
>>
>>35240408
disco lifta detected
>>
>>35244552
bump
>>
>>35245716
your height is too low relative to real world
>>
>>35245736
Neglect core and leg work, arm day everyday and long distance running.
>>
>>35244552
>my squat form suffers every single time I try to increase the weight
You have bad form, do not increase the weight, stop it while you are ahead.

>I squatted 160 last workout with what I'm fairly sure was a curved back
Even you realise you have bad form, why do you increase the weight then?

>what should I do? decrease the weight?
Yes, don't be stupid.

Ask from a gym trainer to show you proper form or watch some video where good form is demonstrated. This guy is pretty legit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQWzAs2m0ck

Before you do squats ever again, do some warm up rounds of squats with no barbell, just extend your hands forward and squat.

After that do some warmup with just an empty barbell. Then add some weight, and do not hurry to add more, until you have proper form.
>>
>>35245763
I know, I'm just 1.74m, I cannot do something about that, sorry.
>>
>>35245736
It's not going to happen. For the same reason that so many people complain about not being able to get their arms to grow. Your body likes to grow in proportion. You'll never see 20 inch arms on a 135 lbs frame. Sure, arms can be somewhat overdeveloped if you have the genetics for it, but eventually you'll have to "move up a weight class" if you want to continue growing your arms. It's the only way.
>>
shut in here, i read the FAQ but they all need weights.

I dont have any weights, not gonna buy any till i get a good routine to begin with (too much chance ill quit after a short period)

does anyone have a link to a good weight free training routine? years ago someone gave me a military one they used but i havent spoken to them since 2010
>>
how is the carryover from pushups to bench? I heard that you push 60-70% of your bodyweight while doing a pushup. does this mean I could theoretically bench this weight for the same amount of reps as I can do pushups? If not, why?
>>
>>35245944
>does this mean I could theoretically bench this weight for the same amount of reps as I can do pushups?

Well, I am 70kg and I can bench press 60kg and I am not even that fit
>>
>>35245944
All bodyweight exercises have a 100% carryover to weighted exercises.
You only need a session or two to get used to lifting before you can adequately transfer the strength from one to the other.
Ironically enough, lifting does not translate to calisthenics at all and it will take a significant amount of time on one to have it transfer to the other.
>>
>>35245941
Join a gym like any other normal person.

>>35245944
Strength is VERY specific to what you train due to the way neuromuscular adaptations work. That being said, the more two exercises are alike the greater the carryover.

Push-ups and bench presses are reasonably similar, so if you can do a bunch of push-ups in strict form, you can expect to be able to do a bunch of reps on the bench press with around 60% of your bodyweight as well. Although it may take a session or two for your body to adapt as the exercises aren't completely similar.
Note that if you're used to train push-ups for lots of reps but without added weight, then that's what you'll be a good at on the bench press too. Don't expect to necessarily be able to put up a good 1RM when you usually train for many reps.

>>35245997
>All bodyweight exercises have a 100% carryover to weighted exercises.
Not entirely true, but I sort of agree.
>>
>>35246017
>gym
>out doors
>other people
nope. not happening.
>>
>>35246096
/r/bodyweightfitness

you will need a place to do pullups/rows though
>>
Is there any way to make doms more bearable? I started lifting recently and every time after my leg day for couple of days I can barely sleep because they hurt, I keep waking up at night to the pain, and I can't really walk around normally at work either. Specifically the back of my thighs
>>
>>35240397
If I pre cum while edging is this the equivalent of blowing a load and will it affect my leg workout later?
>>
>>35246136
Not if you smear the cum over your kneecaps like a lotion.
>>
File: DSC_0007.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0007.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
anyone studying dermatology or anything?
this is my forearm, I've been getting this whitehead or whatever it is around the same area every maybe 6 months or so, sometimes longer.
any idea what it could be? is it just a normal occurrence?
>>
>>35246146
Sh-shouldn't I eat the precum?
>>
>>35246096
Well that's your choice, but I hope you understand that that kind of behaviour means your anxiety will never, ever improve? And also that you're a humongous whining pussy for not confronting your problems?
>>
>>35246178
I said smear it over your kneecaps, not eat it! I gave you some useful information and you decided to make it weird... I'll never post here again.
>>
>>35246125
i go to the psych once a week.

its actually alot better now than it was. ive been making phone calls about once every two days.

>>35246125
>/r/bodyweightfitness
thank you.
>>
>>35246174
probably an ingrown hair but I am no dermatologist.
>>
>>35246174
maybe an ingrown hair
>>
>>35246223
>>35246229
Yeah, looks like it.
thanks, brothers
>>
If Im adding 2.5 kg every 3 sessions is it still SL 5x5? I mean it's the limit if you fail after 3 times you gotta deload but I used to add more weight before. Should I switch to some intermediate program now?
>>
>>35240682
This is my fear too. Im turning into a T rex doing SL 5x5. I can see the gap between the exercises Bench is 62.5 squat is 105 and deadlift 122.5 It may just be that my squat is strong as fuck. Any advice? Should I add some extra upper body exercise, maybe do bench first in bench workout or maybe switch squat to front squat in one of the days?
>>
>>35246478
Your bench is just a bit behind.

If you haven't already get a spotter and keep pushing yourself.
>>
>>35246478
Those are normal ratios for the big three. They're all baby weights and they all need to go up, so keep adding weight. You're not supposed to bench what you squat.

Don't worry about your bench lagging until you're squatting 315, deadlifting 355-375, and still only benching 165.
>>
>>35246478
You fucker, obviously you should add in some upper body. Do 5x5 of any exercise you want to see improvement in.
>>
>>35245763
>that guy has bigger muscles than me and it makes me feel inferior
>I'll call him a manlet so I can feel superior
>>
>>35246511
Converted to KGs

Squat: 143
Deadlift: 161-170
Bench: 75
>>
File: 1448444442113.png (132 KB, 295x242) Image search: [Google]
1448444442113.png
132 KB, 295x242
I've been going to the gym for the first time about a week ago. My rotation is arms, legs, rest, arms, legs, rest, rest. Each day is cardio, too, and arms includes chest.

If I'm feeling fantastic yet sore every morning, is it working? I do 3x10 everything and my goal is to become stronger, not necessarily gain mass. I'm on 1000 calorie diet (TDEE is 2200), 220lb 5'11.

What exercises with free weights work the legs? I'm a bit of a novice. There's only two machines for legs: incline leg press and hip abduction. My options are limited on leg day so I do double the cardio.
>>
>>35246682

I wanted to add, are machines seen as wimpy or something? I go to the gym for an hour around midnight since it's a 24hr gym. Although sparse, there's a few people, but the machine room is empty for the whole time I'm there. They're all in the free weight room.
>>
>>35246695
>are machines seen as wimpy or something?
yes.
read Starting Strength, get on the program.
>>
>>35246682
A 1000kcal deficit is retarded and there's no way your TDEE is only 2200 if you're 200lb.
>>
>>35246750
Not that guy but don't you set TDEE after your goal bod? Or am I retarded :/
>>
>>35246682
Man, you're eating way too little for the amount of exercise you're doing. I've been in your place myself early this year, I'm 5'.6 and weighted 220lb ni march, now I weight 160lbs. The first two months I was eating around 900-1100 calories/day and at some point I almost faint doing cardio. When you eat that little instead of burn fat you burn muscle, you'll lose weight surely but you will look ill or as if you had some sort of disease. Also, you will hate to go to the gym everyday but you will still go, because you want to lose weight, but you'll hate it. This happened to me, I learnt the lesson, now I still have to los 20more lbs but I'm eating 1500 calories on average.

Breakfast: Oat + some other sweet cereal
Mid morning: pita with turkey slice and or cheese slice
Lunch: meat or turkey or chicken with salad and vegetables
Pre workout: fruits, apple, orange or banana.
Dinner: tuna sandwich in pita with vegetables.

My workout on the first month was 90-100 min of cardio everyday (elliptical 40 min, static bike 20-30 min, treadmill 20-30 min). I now started with SS 1 month ago.
>>
>>35246759
No, your TDEE is what you need to maintain weight. TDEE -500 makes you lose weight at a good rate (roughly 0.5kg/week) and won't make you quit after a week.
>>
>>35246682
>I've been going to the gym for the first time about a week ago.

Good for you starting working out. My response takes into account you just started so I'm not going to tell you 'hurr just do SS', because that does not help.

>My rotation is arms, legs, rest, arms, legs, rest, rest. Each day is cardio, too, and arms includes chest.

From what I can deduce, your 'arms' day also includes back?

Look, these are the main muscle groups people usually work out at the gym

> arms (biceps, triceps, forearms)
> shoulders (the deltoids)
> back (trapezius, lats, lower back, etc)
> chest (major and minor pectorals)
> legs (quadriceps, hamstrings, calfs, etc)
> core (your abs, etc)

What people usually do is train one of these muscle groups on certain days. People who have jobs as well, sometimes train two of these groups together at the same day, because they do not have the time to go to the gym 5 days per week.

Working one muscle group per day is the ideal, but working two as well per day, is ok too.

>If I'm feeling fantastic yet sore every morning, is it working?

Yes, soreness means your muscles are responding to doing something they were not used to. With time it'll go away (you'll still feel kinda sore but not this much, as you do now)

>I do 3x10 everything and my goal is to become stronger, not necessarily gain mass.

In order to become stronger you will have to get some mass. I am not telling you to you'll become some hulk-like beefcake, but you'll have to get some mass

>I'm on 1000 calorie diet (TDEE is 2200), 220lb 5'11.

...and eating on a deficit is not going to get you any mass. You will lose mass this way.

At this point the important question you have to ask yourself is this:

>What is you goal for joining the gym?

Do you want to lose weight/fat? You'll have to eat at a deficit. Not starve yourself, just eat at a deficit

Do you want to become stronger like you said, and get some mass along the way? You'll have to eat moderately more than normal
>>
>>35246775
You can make decent gains as a noob even on a permacut.
>>
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 1440x810
I'm 5'11 and 170lbs. Bulking for the first time for almost one month, gained about 10lbs so far.

When should I stop bulking? When start cutting? Also, how do I maintain protein intake while on a deficit?
>>
>>35246134
Just take a simple over-the-counter pain killer. Works for me.
>>
>>35246771
Ok thanks :)
>>
>>35246775
cont.

>>35246682
>What exercises with free weights work the legs?

The major 'free weight' exercise for the legs is the squat.

Since you are a beginner, you can start doing squats with no weights at all at first, in order to learn proper form first. Ask some gym trainer to show you or search for some demonstration on youtube.

You can also do calf extensions, using again only your bodyweight. Again, ask for a trainer to show you or watch on youtube.

>I'm a bit of a novice. There's only two machines for legs: incline leg press and hip abduction. My options are limited on leg day so I do double the cardio.

Leg machines are nothing to be ashamed of.

Also, again, excess cardio is going to help you lose weight. Ask yourself what your goal is.
>>
>>35246775

My goal is to become stronger and lose mass. I'm very weak and would like to become thinner and a little more defined, but my priority is strength. To give an idea, here's my maximum capability (one rep):

>Lat Pulldown
115lbs
>Shoulder Press
50lbs
>Chest Press
85lbs
>Seated Row
85lbs
>Incline Leg Press
170lbs
>Hip Abduction
220lbs

I don't know the names of the free weight exercises I do, but these are the machines I use.

Arms day is everything but legs. I was told to split it up so I'm not sore going to the gym. Work arms/chest/back? It's sore tomorrow, but my legs aren't so work out legs. Then arms/chest/back no longer sore, but legs are, so I can work arms/chest/back again, etc.
>>
>>35246787
>You can make decent gains as a noob even on a permacut.
>gains
>permacut

Sorry, that's not how it works
>>
>>35246790
Stop bulking when you can take a punch from Saitama
Then you must cut by:
100 crunches daily
100 push ups daily
100 squats daily
10 km daily run

Source: I am the dominator of the universe
>>
>>35246817
Well gee guess my gains came from an alternative universe where I didn't work out for the past 4 months on a permacut
>>
How do I get a tighter vagina? Is it basically just squats?
>>
>>35246819
Sure thing, mind you, you forgot the banana in the morning!
>>
Running and bulking. Can they go together?
>>
>>35246478
Honestly just add dips on bench day, and pullups(palms towards you) on ohp day

More than enough. There is usually a lat pulldown machine if you're too weak right away.
>>
>>35246814
>My goal is to become stronger and lose mass. I'm very weak and would like to become thinner and a little more defined, but my priority is strength.

The above makes sense only if you are chubby and you want to lose fat. Is this the case?

>a little more defined

Definition is a function whose major parameter is body fat. The less body fat percentage you have, the more defined you'll get.

The more muscle mass you have when you decide to et more 'defined' (i.e. 'lose body fat') the better your 'definition' will look.

So, you are chubby, and want to lose weight. Then continue doing what you are doing (eating at a deficit and lifting some weights) and you will get where you want. Although I would suggest not eating at such an extreme deficit of -1000Cals.

A dietician can greatly help you if you are not sure.

>Arms day is everything but legs. I was told to split it up so I'm not sore going to the gym. Work arms/chest/back? It's sore tomorrow, but my legs aren't so work out legs.

I think working out everything but legs on the same day is a bit overkill and you must be feeling extra sore as well.

Since you go to the gym 4 days per week try something like

Day 1: legs
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: arms + shoulders
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: chest
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: back

and maybe do some crunches as a closing exercise every of these days
>>
>>35246847
>banana in the morning!
You naughty
>>
>>35246829
That is more probable
>>
>>35246837
3 sets of "sit on my dick" X F
do this erryday femanon
>>
>>35246837
5x5 tits or gtfo evry day
>>
>>35246912
Is you dick that small anon?
>>
If Ive been doing SL for 8 months but only last 2 were bulking should I continue doing it or switch to some other program? I mean Im still adding weight just that it's weekly added not daily. When should I stop doing SL anymore?
>>
>>35246930
Do it as long as it's working senpai. If you're bored of it you can switch to something else though.
>>
>>35246864
yes, probably a bit healthier to do so as well. Just bare in mind that you will have to eat more as cardio burns calories and increases metabolism--I'll eat yoghurt and oats immediately after a run for max carbs.
>>
>>35246531
>>35246511
Ok thanks Im just worried cause my squat is still going up faster than everything else. Also I thought the balance was supposed to be 1/2/3/4 as in 100 bench 140 squat and 180 deadlift. Isnt that the case?
>>
>>35246935
Well it's kinda working at least for squat. Its slower on bench and OHP and I somehow want to get bigger upper body cause I feel like a T rex. I guess I should add dips and chinups. I never did them cause I tried once and couldnt do a single one.
>>
Squat form check. It felt pretty good but havent done one in quite some time so why not.

vid dot me / Xf68
>>
Is it even safe for an aushwitz to do squats/deadlifts?
>>
>>35241136
mind-muscle connection is mostly bodybuilder bullshit. It's easier to feel the muscles working if you do higher reps and isolation exercises than if you do compound exercises for few reps.

But even if you dont "feel" the connection,the muscles are still working. When you brace your abs, you should not aim for breathing. Holding a big breath,along with bracing the abs and contracting the muscles in your back helps stabilize the spine and transfer the load from the barbell to the ground , and bracing the abs while holding your breath is superior to bracing your abs on their own.

Get stronger in the squat and the deadlift,and your core will follow. If you are getting injured more often than you like, post videos of your lift here on /fit/ and we'll help you correct it.
>>
When doing back, does anyone else struggle to really target all muscle groups?

I feel like my form is near perfect, but for some reason im not feeling that real hit when doing the exercises, and the DOMS afterwards is minimal.

I've only just come back from a long term injury if that makes a difference, but it just feels strange that i'm not getting that feeling I should
>>
>>35247016
You were a little off in the last rep, do not do with this much weight if it breaks your form. Do with less until you strengthen enough to not break form with the weight you used in the video
>>
What drugs can I use to increase my gf's sex drive?
>>
>>35247043
roophies
>>
Dropped from 137 kg (302 pounds) to 105 kg (231 pounds) since last September, will I start noticing loose skin ahead when I lose more fat or is loose skin not necessarily a given for this rate of weight loss or for someone who was at that size (over 300 pounds)?
>>
Will cardio on off days effect my recovery?
Should I just try and fit it in after my lifting and eat an extra 500 cals on lift days?
>>
Is 5'8 140 lbs considered too skinny?

Should I start bulking?
>>
My buddy is offloading some of his home equipment. He said I can have one and he'll sell the other.

>Roman Chair, or
>Military Press machine

I've used a RC maybe once to try back hyperextensions. I've used an MP more but it has less utility I think.
>>
>>35243565
>>35243605
Thanks.

Yeah, I know the basics that I need, but I have unsure about price information. Basically, I am looking for the price point where I am not getting low grade shit that will fall apart or kill me, but I am not spending money frivolously.
>>
>>35247038
What was off about the third one?
>>
>>35240397
is running outdoor and running on a treadmill the same thing?

i want to train for a half marathon but it's cold as shit outside.
>>
>>35247429
put the treadmill on an angle (2 through 5 degrees), otherwise you don't have the same resistance you'd experience while running outside.
>>
>>35247529
thanks
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.