[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is pizza considered unhealthy? I work in a pizza store so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 264x191
Why is pizza considered unhealthy? I work in a pizza store so I can get free pizza whenever so I plan on using it to bulk, but I'm hesitant because of the negative stigma.

It's tomatoes, cheese, dough, and toppings, why is it bad?
>>
>cheese, dough
high calorie, high carb
>>
>>35238839
It's not bad per se, but depending on where the ingredients come from, they could contain artificial crap that body doesn't need. Pizza is also loaded with calories.
>>
>>35238839
Bad fats, alot. Sodium, alot. Bad carbs, alot.
>>
High caloric density, minimal fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Generally poor macronutrient ratio.

It's more that it's "not good" rather than "bad". Great for bulking if you can cover its deficits.
>>
>>35238857
Not OP but what is wrong with calories and carbs? Just eat less?
Pardon my ignorance.
Can someone also explain what's wrong with fruit syrup?
>>
Fat Italians and gluten
>>
>>35238839
Make your own pizza. More expensive, but worth.
>>
>>35238839

>Count calories
>Get vegetables on pizza
>Eat other fruit/vegetables throughout the day

I even put a shit load of fresh spinach on mine when I get it delivered.

All these anons saying 'bad carbs' and 'high calorie = bad' are just being stupid.
>>
>>35238872
Bad fats- no, basically an even split of monounsaturated and saturated fat, which you need for optimal hormone production
Bad carbs- no such thing
Sodium- there is a lot, so just limit your intake - I eat pizza often while cutting, one piece and i am satisfied, since I do Itermittent fasting

>>35238839
>>
>>35238857
IFYM Mate.
>>
>>35238893
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzcOz38FjaU

>tldr carbs are bad in higher quantities
>>
>>35239147
>Comments disabled
>40 minute video
>Describing genetics as why people get fat in the first 4 minutes

I smell bullshit
>>
File: trash.jpg (19 KB, 700x479) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
19 KB, 700x479
>>35239147
>>35239291

I fast forwarded a few minutes and he's basically saying all sugars, starches and grains are bad.

>all carbs are evil
>muh insulin response

intothetrash.jpg
>>
>>35239079

It doesnt fit your fucking macros stop kidding yourselves
>>
>>35239040
>one piece
you mean one pizza?
>>
One medium sized pepperoni pizza is usually 2000 calories or more so if it's only thing you eat that day it might be alright, some protein on the side because it doesn't have enough of it.
>>
>>35239528
One slice of pizza mane, ~300-350 calories and 12g protein

I usually fast for 18 hours, eat my first meal at 1 pm, several times a week I'll have a hamburger with lots of veggies and 2 patties and then a slice of pizza. That accounts for about 1000 calories- the rest of the day I eat 'clean' and fill in the rest of my protein requirements and get in some fruit and greens.

I've been cutting like this for 3 weeks and it's very easy to adhere to because of the large fasting period.
>>
Why not just eat some Lean Pockets anon? Pepperoni LP's only has 290 cals per pocket, eat both and that's only 580 cals, with kinda okay macros.

Sure's it's not free but it's lean.
>>
>>35238839

Depends on the kind of pizza DESU, and where you're getting it from.

A bullshit little Cesars or pizza hut pizza is gonna be 75% simple carbs from the dough, and contain an assload of sodium.
>>
>>35238895
ROCKETCOCK
>>
Clean eating to build muscle is a meme, the only thing ive noticed in my 6 years lifting is I was able to eat whatever I wanted and lose weight, as long as I had my calories managed. I lost weight on mcdonalds, lost weight eating pizza, just fine. I was a little bloated because of the carbs and the water retension of the sodium in them, but that goes away.

You 100% can eat whatever you want and still lose weight.

But health is a different discussion completely. Eating trans fats, excess saturated fats, heaps of sodium and sugar will harm your body in various ways. Some people care, some dont. It's upto you.

Me- i'll always be a sucker for hamburgers and pizza.. And sour key ring candy. Just dont go over cals and you'll be fine.
>>
>>35239442
A slice or 2 does.
>>
>>35238839
Because burgerclaps cannot into food and made it a disgusting pile of hot heart disease.

Legit woodfire pizza made with traditional ingredients is based as fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 299x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 299x293
>>35239147
>wholegrain flour
>pure evil
jesus christ this guy...
>>
>>35239040
>no such thing as bad carbs
Stopped reading right there
You never go full retard
>>
>>35239291
>>35239322
i watched the whole thing

his delivery was hilarious at times
>eggs are the best food ever, i mean they turn into a whole chicken!

he basically just talks about people with insulin sensitivity/resistance and how carbs are shit for nutrition compared to meat and green veges and how the american diet of which 2/3rds are overweight or obese is geared towards grains which turn your blood sugar levels into roller coaster ride. he also goes on quite a bit about humans being hunter gatherers that were never meant to eat grains
>>
File: keanu-reeves-whoa.jpg (114 KB, 425x316) Image search: [Google]
keanu-reeves-whoa.jpg
114 KB, 425x316
>>35238839
Bread, dipshit.
>>
>>35239968
*grains/starches are shit for nutrition
>>
>>35239947
Carbs in a bad proportion or amount DO exist, but carbs in and of themselves become the same thing- glucose. The insulin response from refined flour in pizza dulls in comparison to even a piece of bread because there are proteins and fats that slow down the digestion process.
>>
>>35240022
So there's no difference between simple carbs and complex carbs?
The carbs you consume in a coke are just as good for you as the carbs in brown rice?
>>
>>35240076
Simple carbs are Monosaccharides and Disaccharides and provide 3.87kcal / g.
Complex carbs are Polysaccharide and provide 3.57 to 4.12kcal / g.

Simple carbs are processed easily and prioritized. The human body can not metabolize some parts of complex carbs (dietary fiber), but this enhances digestion. Simple carbs may also contain important minerals and vitamin (e.g. fruits).

Coke contains mainly sucrose, a simple carb which provides basically no minerals / vitamins.
Brown rice contains mainly starch, a complex carbs, besides some fat and protein. Additionally it includes minerals (magnesium, zinc, iron, etc.), vitamins (B1, B6, etc.) and dietary fiber.

To answer your question: Brown rice is better than coke.
>>
>>35239968
>eggs are the best food ever

got that right at least
>>
>>35238893
>Not OP but what is wrong with calories and carbs? Just eat less?
Pizza is not balanced or nutrient dense. The question is, "what's wrong with pizza?" and "fat and carbs" is a shortcut to saying, "It's a calorie dense, unbalanced, carb-heavy food that you should only eat in moderation, and would not be something you would consider using for a serious bulk, unless you were a fatass."
>Pardon my ignorance.
...stop fucking redditing.
>>
>>35238839
I think it's an American thing. Actual Italian pizzas are thinner, have less cheese on them and are generally less fatty and disgusting.
>>
>>35238839
One slice of pizza from a chain restaurant will be anywhere from 250-400 calories. One fucking slice. I know from experience that it takes at least 3 slices to get some idea of fullness.

It's high in calories because of the cheese, oil, and dough (it's a lot more dense than bread, fags). Top that off with more oily processed meats and you're in grease city.

Neapolitan style pizza can be okay--that is, stone oven baked, thin crust pizza with fresh vegetables and sparingly used cheese and meats. You're still better off cooking chicken and steamed veggies, though. If you're dirty bulking at 3000+ calories per day then go for the greasy fucking pizza anon.
>>
>>35240438
Italian pizza tastes like shit senpai
>>
Dude, I eat pizza once a week, at least. I crush a whole 1800kc pizza by myself.

Don't listen to these vegan shills. Pizza is fine. You need more protein over the week than you can get from just pizza, but don't worry about eating it.
>>
>>35239665
Are you retarded mate? A dough is made from flour which is a complex carbs. Unless you dumb Amerifucks put sugar in your pizza dough there aren't any simple carbs in a pizza dough.
>>
>>35240457
Basically this. If what you care about is being healthy and fit, you can eat a piece of pizza, work the fat and salt into your overall diet, even on a cut. If all you care about is being as big as humanly possible, then go ahead and smash a (more like 2000-3000kcal) whole pizza.
>>
>>35240463
Pizza dough is generally made with "enriched" flour. It can't be considered a complex carb by any effective meaning of the term. It tastes sweet and spikes your insulin levels similar to a doughnut. Don't be a gimp m8
>>
>>35240495

Protein spikes your insulin too you faggot. Do you even know what you're talking about or do you just spout fitness buzz words to sound smart?
>>
>>35240456
> I'm conditioned to like shit food
Fixed
>>
>>35238839
I dirty bulk on pizza all the time. Good split of macros plus I get meat toppings.
>>
File: fedora20.jpg (132 KB, 568x1014) Image search: [Google]
fedora20.jpg
132 KB, 568x1014
>>35240570
>regional variations of international foods are never as good as the original
>why would you watch that film, you've never even read the book!
And other reddit memes
>>
How much sodium do you guys consume daily?
I hit about the national average of 3 grams per day probably.

Recently during my diet i have started retaining about 2 pounds of water and it's got me thinking about lowering my sodium so I can see my newfound cuts. Maybe I just need to wait it out though....
>>
>>35240495
Is this a joke or are you really this stupid? Go read what complex carbs and simple carbs are or read this post. >>35240372

It doesn't matter how it tastes or how much your insulin is spiked, flour (even "enriched") is a complex carb, dumbass
>>
>>35238893
Correct. But, it's not that it's high cals/high carbs.
It's that it's very proportionally incorrect. 1/3 of the crust, and eating a small slice would actually not be that bad.
>>
>>35240657
If you're a burgerclap hitting the "national average" probably puts you on the fast track to hamplanet, senpai
>>
File: 1412318127214.gif (953 KB, 330x300) Image search: [Google]
1412318127214.gif
953 KB, 330x300
>>35240669
Yeah, fuck shit cunt bastard hell damn fart
>>
>>35240372
Complex carbs, such as FIber, actually slow the rate of sugar metabolism, which prevents spikes in blood sugar, whereby the body releases too much insulin, eventually resulting in insulin-resistance, or in other word Diabetes. So yes, there are 'zion' carbs.
>>
File: dec12.jpg (39 KB, 517x501) Image search: [Google]
dec12.jpg
39 KB, 517x501
>>35240716
Nonsense, I am 5'8" 137 lbs. My health markers are considered to be excellent- 43 trig 62 HDL 63 LDL, good blood pressure and heart rate

I'm just asking about peoples' experience with dieter's edema, aka water retention on a cut.
>>
>>35241069
There's only one health marker that matters and you failed, manlet
>>
>>35238893
Read the sticky, retard.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.