[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm too self conscious to exercise at the gym, even outside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 384x384
I'm too self conscious to exercise at the gym, even outside my house. I feel like as soon as I enter the gym or go outside for a run, everyone is just going to start looking at me and think about what a retard I am and how I'm doing things wrong.
I keep getting fatter and I don't want this to continue. I wish I can just switch off my brain while working out, just go completely numb. Then when I'm done go back to normal. I feel like it's too much for me to handle
>>
How about earphones? Listen to some heavy fucking metal and wear a hoodie.

1) Nobody will talk to you
2) You can focus on your own workout

But the best you could do is to slowly put yourself out of the comfort zone. That's how you overcome these kind of things.
>>
>>35233921
That would just make me more depressed
>>
Nobody gives a single fuck about anyone else in the gym.

Also, whenever I see some sweaty fat fuck jogging or working his ass of at the gym I have nothing but respect for him.

Just do your thing and don't worry about it.
>>
>>35233904
>tfw I was the same way until I went for a week straight and got my form down.
Now I can't wait to go
>>
stop whining. just go to the gym several times a week and the feeling will pass. it doesn't matter how much you hate it, you WILL feel better and better the more you go.

this is the only good solution to your problem, plus conquering this fear will be a huge step in making your miserable life a little bit better. if you choose the easy way as always you'll remain pathetic for the rest of your life.
>>
>>35233904
Nobody cares about you, you selfish faggot.
>>
>>35233904
Remind yourself that 75% of humanity is retarded. In the gym it's like 90%. You're doing it for you, fuck all those other people. Besides, you can make them respect you by just being there and working hard. If these people see you pushing yourself to the limit every fucking time they come in, they will respect you all the more, because they can remember what it's like walking into the gym for the first time. I'm borderline agoraphobic and completely insecure and I've just been lifting for a few weeks, so the only results I have are on the scales and I still look ridiculous, so I know what I'm talking about here. Just shut down your brain when you go to the gym, you're going to be a beast and they're going to be impressed with your progress in a few months. Also, keep in mind that a lot of steroid freaks objectively look as ridiculous as you might.
>>
>>35233996
I don't think it should take weeks. I was only nervous before my first time, but after my first time I realized how little people cared
>>
>>35234030
Ture dat, people don't care at all.

It's fascinating to me that probably 95% people I've met in real life have this irrational fear about gyms, they think it's like a prison yard where you gonna get raped for being weak..
When in reality nobody cares about you, everyone is minding their own business and it's some of the chillest environments you can be in.
>>
>>35233904
You're not self concious, you're a little bitch. Seriously, nobody cares and the world doesn't revolve around you. Just go and lift
>>
File: 1434696601644.jpg (34 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1434696601644.jpg
34 KB, 400x388
>>35233904

like some other anon already said. If a fat guy works out, runs he gets nothing but respect from people. We hate the ones that dont work out not the other way around bro.

We love you and you are beautiful.

Now go run and lift some weights you beautiful little meme man.
>>
>>35233904
i used to be a beta fuck myself, now im kind of obnoxious in the gym and that feels pretty good desu

also, shialabeouf.avi
>>
>>35233904
I wanted to get /fit/ in highschool so I switched into weightlifting
I was easily the smallest and weakest person there because I hadn't taken a PE class in about 6 years and I took studying over exercise
I was always picked last for team relay races because the team that lost had to go run laps. I always caught people making fun of me behind my back even if they were supportive to my face, so I started skipping weightlifting and going to art instead. Now every time I try to exercise I feel like people are mocking me when I'm not looking.
2 years later I've put on about 15 more lbs of fat and I decided I was tired of it so I go out into my neighborhood and run, butI still feel that pain of hs where people made fun of me so when I pass by someone in a car I slow down and look at my phone
I struggle with it but I'm still trying to make it happen. I know that eventually I won't care anymore. There's no need to make excuses if you really want to better yourself.
>>
>>35233904
I just left the gym and this is what I saw while there..
>guy benching did half a rep before slamming it back and deciding 80% of it then struggling with that weight
>short fat mexi girl doing body weight exercise in the corner
>old fuck dood squatting the bar for reps at quarter rom
>70yo woman walking on a treadmill for 45 minutes
I saw all this and didn't care. I never stared just noticed. I continued my workout and left.
>>
>>35235347
Deloading 80%***
>>
>>35233941
Ok, just stay in your hole and be a sad pussy
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.