[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SHARE YOUR STORY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1448232113962.jpg (60 KB, 358x360) Image search: [Google]
1448232113962.jpg
60 KB, 358x360
Share your /fit/ story
>Who were you when you started?
>What were your bad habits when you started?
>How much progress have you made?
>What are your new (hopefully good) habits?
>How do you feel about yourself and about life now?
>Has it been worth it?
>Do you think you're going to make it?
>What is your goal?
>What has been your best mire yet?
>>
>Started in May of this year as a 6'2" 195lbs skinnyfat
>Didn't care about nutrition or have a disciplined diet. Ate when hungry, ate whatever I wanted, and that was it. Did no physical activity to speak of whatsoever.
>Now, 175lbs, gym 3-4 times a week. Lifting numbers aren't impressive (halfway to 1/2/3/4), but feeling good about my progress.
>Now I eat smarter and with more discipline. Drastically cut back on high sugar foods and fast foods. Lifting and cardio every workout (used to be just lifting), daily stretching and mobility work.
>Feels good man. Looking forward to lifting more and more weight. Having never been athletic/active/fit in my entire life, benching 1pl8 is a massive morale boost and something I genuinely never thought I'd be able to do.
>Totally worth it.
>I am making it.
>Healthy and happy life.
>No mire stories to speak of. Don't care about mires, I do it for me.
>>
>>35226380
>fat guy at best with quirk personality and little willpower
>junk food, not doing any exercise at all, the basics
>I'm lifting for 4 months, 2 months fucking around, losing some weight and gaining endurance from cardio, I can bench at least lmao1pl8, 5RM 1.5pl8, and I'm working to zercher squat 1pl8 in a month
>working out 4 times a week, eating more and better, rarely any junk food
>it's been great, I'm dedicating my time to better myself physically and feels good
>yep
>probably, if I stop lifting for whatever reason that's the first place I'm going to open a thread and give my gratitude and say goodbye
>look at the mirror and see a body which I will be proud of making it happen
>my cousin I guess, but I'm still fat, probably in a year I will be worthy of little mires
>>
>>35226380
>>Who were you when you started?
Lonely engineer; high school jock who stopped exercising for five years.
>>What were your bad habits when you started?
Drinking, candy, fast food, no sleep, WoW. Stopped reading anything good.
>>How much progress have you made?
Best shape of my life. Getting laid regularly. Making money.
>>What are your new (hopefully good) habits?
Lifting, boxing, healthy eating, reading, socializing.
>>How do you feel about yourself and about life now?
Infinitely better.
>>Has it been worth it?
A million times over.
>>Do you think you're going to make it?
Making it is a journey, not a destination. I can always be better.
>>What is your goal?
Get rich, travel, fuck lots of cute foreign girls.
>>What has been your best mire yet?
New neighbor girl saw me shirtless, invited herself into my apartment, naked within five minutes.

Best advice I could offer /fit/ is not to squander your strengths out of fear or laziness. I gave up years of potential money/pussy because it was easier to study hard and play video games than to study hard and socialize or work. Let my body and social life go to shit. Then I made excuses for going cocoon mode after I started lifting. Don't do that, you're only delaying your success.
>>
File: JamesDawsonMartin.jpg (37 KB, 433x650) Image search: [Google]
JamesDawsonMartin.jpg
37 KB, 433x650
>>35226380
>Started as depressed skinnyfat faggot.
>I couldn't get enough sleep (usually 6-7h)
>Tremendous progress thanks to ss (inb4 troll)
>I watch what I eat
>Not depressed fag anymore. Still no gf tho.
>I averted suicide thanks to gym so I say definitely worth it
>Chest gap, wide hips, so nope :(
>Being able to maintain 10% bodyfat and keep most of my pr lifts
>Random girl asked for by number once. She was 7.5/10. Does it count as mire?
>>
>>35226711
>New neighbor girl saw me shirtless, invited herself into my apartment, naked within five minutes.
Gunna need pics of you to see what inspired such an event breh
>>
>>35226380
>A skinny motherfuck weighing 56kg at 180cm
>Playing a shitton of videogames and eating close to nothing
>started september last year, gained 26kg since then, still lookin lean
>eating right, being consistent about going to the gym 4 time a week
>Good
>Yes
>Yes
>To be happier and stronger
>just during clubbing/sex, compliments on my ass/back
>>
File: feelsgoodman.png (110 KB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodman.png
110 KB, 330x270
>>35226380
>16 Year old fattass when I decided to go to the gym
>Worked out for a few months, got bored and quit, had to restart from pretty much beginner levels every time.
>Now pretty big by normie levels, still weak AF tho
>Pretty much automatically look at the nutrition of shit when I buy it
>Look a lot better, still have a ways to go
>Deff worth it- got a new healthy hobby and I look better
>Am sure I'll make it, just need more time
>Goal is to gain maybe 20 more pounds then cut most of the BF
>'Wildest Dreams' chorus plays on the radio- "hey anon its a song about you"
>>
>>35226380
Started in may of this year, Was benching 120 or so at 5'11 and 150 lbs, bulked about 10 lbs during the summer and got my max bench to 185 (currently 200 now) and my squat to about 250. I've started cutting and I'm at about 155 now. I have some decent muscle mass but my back is still pretty underdeveloped. My goal is to bench 100 lbs over my bodyweight and get my bf % low enough for great ab definition
>>
>>35226718
kek, /fit/ preventing suicides, keep the good work mate.
>>
>>35226745
Also I have wide bitch hips which makes me sad so I've been going hard on lats to even that shit out, I've also gotten new pr's while cutting which is pretty rad although progress is a lot slower.
>>
>>35226380
>Started as a smoker and heavy drinker that had just failed uni and lost gf started July this year
> quit smoking and only drink once every two weeks now
> eating healthy and getting a good amount of sleep and got a good job
>realised I don't want kids or a mortgage doing more stuff for me
>Yeah it was worth it
> no goal really and dunno if I'm gonna make but doesn't look like I'm gonna stop soon
>only mire was my sister who kept looking at my abs and chest and stuttering when I was just in my towel the other day , I didn't ask for this
>>
Some cardiofag who played soccer. Wanted to increase athleticism so lifted weights to get more explosive and get dat dere vertical jump
I was a cardio machine with RHR of 49

Late night gaming. Took me a year to realize I was gaming my sleep gains away.

Not as much as I would like. I have become so centered around my lifting that it's the only thing I can think of as of now. I feel like I should be lifting more weight compared to how much time I spend thinking about lifting, gathering information etc.

But to quantify: Spend 1.5 years fucking around. Still made some gains on brosplit but when I hopped on Candito Upper lower, I have made more trackable progress.

March 14
Bench 80 kg x 3
Squat 100 kg x 6
Deadlift 105 x 6

Now
Bench 82 x 8
Squat 125 x 5
Deadlift 140 x 6

More consistent meal frequency, better sleeping habits and more willpower to stay away from sweets during cuts.

Pretty bland. Feel like my life is school and lifting. It's gonna be better when I graduate and become a nurse this summer. I think that will help a lot of my self worth and self esteem issues. I surprisingly positive right now.

>Has it been worth it?
Just wished I started earlier.

I'm stil not sure what "making it" means. I just know I'm on the right path mentally, physically and academically. That's all that counts for me right now.

>What is your goal?
This new year
Bench 105 x 1 paused
Squat 125 x 6
Deadlift 137 kg x 6.
I achieved the deadlift goal easily since switching to sumo. Been struggling with conventional deadlift and tried out sumo. Holy fuck it felt so much more natural. Now I'm shooting for 150 kg x 6 for new year. It's quite ambitious but I'm gonna give it a shot since I feel beastlike when doing sumo.
>>
>>35226754
So far going to the gym and doing cardio and losing 30 pounds is the only thing that has kept me from killing myself these past 3 months.
Thinking I may one day make it is motivating.
>>
>>35226823

It was supposed to be MArch 15. This year.

>best mire?
I'm a male in nursing school. I have lot's of stories about comments, subtle remarks and small arm squeezes during simulation.
>tfwnogf
>>
>>35226779
incest? is she fit?
>>
>>35226380
>Started 4 years ago after browsing [r9k] then /fit/ for a year, began SS, did not do the fucking program. Dicked around, inconsistently going to the gym for years, had a hiatus where I got skinny again and cycled everyday.
>Bad habits included lurking /fit/ instead of doing homework.

>Beginner stats: Age 17 Weight 155lbs, OHP 60lbs, BP 90lbs, back squat 90lbs, deadlift 132lbs all for 5 reps, 4 chin ups
>Current stats: Age 21 Weight: 210lbs, OHP 115lbs, BP 190lbs, back squat 310lbs, deadlift 310lbs, all for sets of 5, 6 chin ups. Only 4 months or so of consistent lifting with progress.

>Habits: I eat properly now and prioritize sleep.

>I'm more self-confident and happy with life. It's all been very much worth it.

>I already made it.

Goals: BW OHP, 500lb back squat, 500lb deadlift.

No mires except from parents.
>>
>>35227273
No I'm fine without incest
>>
>>35226726
Agree. So I know what goal to reach.
>>
>>35226380
>>Who were you when you started?
A dota-addicted skelly
>>What were your bad habits when you started?
Didn't eat or exercise.
>>How much progress have you made?
A lot
>>What are your new (hopefully good) habits?
I actually eat and work out
>>How do you feel about yourself and about life now?
I'm happy. I'm finally able to not be ashamed of my body and able to attract attention from the other gender.
>>Has it been worth it?
Absolutely
>>Do you think you're going to make it?
No
>>What is your goal?
To become Patrick Bateman
>>What has been your best mire yet?
I took off my shirt at the beach and a friend said he felt fat and ugly when standing next to me.
>>
File: 1397740208980.png (172 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1397740208980.png
172 KB, 600x600
>>35226380
>Nobody
>Smoking, drinking
>Decent gains, 3plate squat
>N/A
>I'm even more depressed and I wish I was dead
>No
>Probably not
>To get bigger and stronger
>Grill looked at my glutes
>>
File: cant wake up.jpg (22 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
cant wake up.jpg
22 KB, 600x330
105lbs 5'7" little junior in HS. I had no confidence.
Not eating as much protein as I needed to, too much soda
Went from super skelly to A E S T H E T I C. Also, My bench went from 75lb bench to 175lbs
In college so I drink too much, don't study quite enough. On the bright side, I never miss a workout.
Haven't gotten laid in a month because acne came back :( . Other than that, my body is good.
>Has it been worth it?
Aw yeah
yes, I will never quit my journey.
>What is your goal?
Bench 200lbs, fuck lots of of college sloots, be successful in Comp Sci
>What has been your best mire yet?
Blonde sorority girl took off my shirt when things were getting heated. She said my body was literally perfect. Couldn't stop touching my pecs. Also, a week ago, some grills were walking down my dorm hall when I was at the water fountain filling up my shaker cup shirtless at 2:30am. They couldn't stop staring. When they were walking away I hear, "He's so hot!" "I knoooooooow."
>>
>>35230689
we care about you lad, dont wish you were dead.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.