[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Snapchat-5453160262430526526.jpg (95 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5453160262430526526.jpg
95 KB, 480x800
Okay general advice thread.
>I was an obese kid, fat shaming prompted me to try to lose weight.
>This is me now.
>I'm still not happy with my body, any tips on how to further my weight loss and muscle gain
>I go to the gym, i can post my routine and diet if it helps.

INB4 starve
>>
Keep going. It looks like it's working. If you've hit a plateau i'd try to work on the diet. Other than that looking good man
>>
>>35224693

So far my diet just consists of carbs, protein, and fruit.
Anything I should add to it?
>>
>>35224677
see >>35223927
>>
>>35224703

Or take away from it.
>>
>>35224704

Oh i'm aware of that, currently working of on it.
With bicep curls, forward rows (i think they are called) and pull ups.
>>
>>35224703
More protein helped me when it came to working out. If you're not hitting around 1g of protein pr lbs I'd go for that. Gl
>>
>>35224722
Hello b8
>>
>>35224750
I don't understand?
>>35224748
Ah okay, is it worth investing in supplements so far i'm just eating meat and egg for my protien
>>
>>35224771
I used to only try to hit it with things like chicken and tuna but it's kinda hard. Moved over to protein powder, helped me a lot. I'd go for some whey. Cheap and the taste isn't bad. I personaly like the banana and the cookies & cream. Just mix it with 60%milk 40% water. Taste great and is a good way to hit protein goals without eating like 5 cans of tuna a day
>>
>>35224822

Alright, cheers dude. I'll probably post another thread in a few months if i make more progress, thanks again.
>>
>>35224771
If you're eating a lot of eggs, skip the yolk as long as you have a balanced intake of fats, plus you don't need all the cholesterol, go for chicken breasts, theyre lean and cheap. I get the impression that you want to focus on losing fat rather than building muscle. Check the sticky and cut for a few months.
>>
>>35224677
You gotta eat.

I did the same thing. I gave myself an eating disorder to lose the weight. Now I have an eating disorder and I spend two hours a day in the gym. If I don't track my intake with myfitnesspal I literally lose all my gains by the only gains goblin here that isn't a meme: not enough calories. You don't need to be a fat fuck on a permabulk, but you absolutely do need to calculate how many calories you're burning and compensate for that by eating more food. I run quite a bit and use the cardio machines because it's fun and I'm an adult and I do what I want to, but I also need to eat 3000-3500kcal a day because of that just to maintain. At my current level I would need to cut my cardio time in half to see any hypertrophy gains, since I just don't have time in the day to eat enough goddam food to make it.
>>
eat at maintenance and lift
>>
>>35226291
Maintenance?
>>35225959
I'm not really looking to bulk up alot, but i do control somewhat of my intake.
Like i said i can post my diet though it's mostly just three meals
Breakfast is scrambled egg with toast
Lunch is a sandwich with either ham or chicken and salad
Tea is meat and rice, or an omelette, or a meat and complex carb.

>>35225579
What do you mean by sticky and cut?
>>
>>35226495
LURK MORE.
Obviously you are new to /fit/ and 4chan in general if you don't know what a sticky is.
Just chill out in some threads and when you read information google it to make sure someone is not going to try to make you ruin your body.
Only advice I will give you is SS is not a meme.
>>
>>35226606
Oh sticky are just pinned threads.
And yeah I've never actually /fit/ before, just /b/ and /soc/
>>
>>35226817
Read the sticky, don't trust their protein amounts, some people only need .5 grams per pound.
Basically all you need.
>>
>>35226495
its how much calories you need to not gain weight and not lose weight, you wont build muscle if you eat less than your caloric maintenance and that is caloric deficit, if you are on a caloric surplus which is bulking you will gain muscle faster but you will also gain fat so if you will eat at your caloric maintenance you wont build muscle as fast but you will also lose weight if you will continue to lift
>>
>>35227328
i mean lose fat
>>
>>35224677
heavy deads /thread
>>
>>35226853
Understood,
>>35227328
Ah okay, is there anyway to determine how much I should eat besides trail and error?
>>
>>35227533
use myfitnesspal
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.