[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello fit Yesterday i pr'd 2 120kg deadlifts and was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 20150724_121231.jpg (3 MB, 4208x3120) Image search: [Google]
20150724_121231.jpg
3 MB, 4208x3120
Hello fit

Yesterday i pr'd 2 120kg deadlifts and was wondering - at what weight should I consider using a belt assuming the form is fine?

Pic unrelated
>>
i use a belt for squats and deadlift for weights >100kg
@bw 80kg
>>
>>35224348
4.5+pl8
>>
>>35224364
What if I keep going at it without a belt even if the form is fine? Will I fuck my back over?
>>
>>35224348
Dont Think about Numbers

Id say at the end of progression cycles you Can Use a belt to break some plateaus

For instance, you are stalling at week 6-7 of a ~8 week progression Cycle, Use the belt and keep going for a couple of weeks then deload/decondition
>>
>>35224375
If you Use a belt youre more likely to fuck up over time, cus youre neglecting your stabilizing muscles somewhat. Thats why you Use it periodically like at the end of prog cycles
>>
>>35224348
>Not wearing a belt will make your midsection work much harder to support the weight and in turn, make it that much stronger when a belt is worn. Another great exercise to build the static supportive strength necessary in the lower back for a huge squat are deadlift hypers.

- team juggernauts squat manual

>>35224348
As for my own opinion, 120kg for 2 is weak as fuck. Hit 4pl8 first.
>>
>>35224402
>Literally does not know how belts work
>>
>>35224539
nor do you know why you don't need one
>>
File: rnady.jpg (45 KB, 465x562) Image search: [Google]
rnady.jpg
45 KB, 465x562
>>35224348
fuck off Randy
>>
File: 1318553911018.jpg (83 KB, 498x363) Image search: [Google]
1318553911018.jpg
83 KB, 498x363
>>35224348
>i pr'd 2 120kg

>120kg

lol wut? I DL 2 x 10 245lbs (~110 yuropoor grams) yesterday, and thats not even near my max, I just always DL whatever I Squat at. I am 5'10" 177lbs and I dont consider myself particularly strong either.

I DL 1 x 10 3plate (315lbs) on my first try and never did I feel I needed a belt, the thought never even crossed my mind, but I did have to use a mixed grip.

Basically I agree with the 4plate advice you dont even need to consider a belt or straps until you are over 4plate.... what the fuck is the point? Work on making your abs and grip strength stronger.

I saw some idiot in the gym using straps on DL that was less than 2plate and he could barely push out 3 reps... he also had shit form.... Im just thinking to myself "what the fuck is this kid even doing??!?!?". Like how the fuck do you expect to progress when you are using straps below 2plate?

Also OP your pizza is dogshit, and its obvious you are from a country that doesnt know jackshit about pizza. The toppings are supposed to be cooked, not put on after it comes out of the oven; and they are supposed to use that little plastic thing to prevent the cheese from getting on the top of the box. FUCK how the fuck can you fuck up pizza? Yurop cant do anything right....
>>
>>35224857
So, why not go correct the kid on his form?

Instead of sitting back like "this kid has got no idea what the fuck hes doing" ignore the wrist straps tho
>>
>>35224348
Guess it depends how strong you are, I warm-up without a belt and use belt for working sets
>>
It's very individual, but for me, I put on a belt when my squat warmups get to 100 kg, and a deadlift belt for my last warmup set, just so I get used to it.
Just go with what feels right, and less with what a bunch of chronic masturbaters on a Manchurian horse insemination bulletin board might have to say about it.
>>
>>35224857
>everyone starts out with the same fitness as me and progresses at the same speed

Are you retarded? There's no magic number for needing a belt you mongoloid
>>
>>35224348
>>35224375
hello friend. keep on progressing a little at a time, with correct form you won't need a belt for a long while or another bunch of plates. keep it up.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.