[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, first time poster here. My friend is trying to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: FB_IMG_1449886017388.jpg (54 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449886017388.jpg
54 KB, 528x960
Hey guys, first time poster here.
My friend is trying to get me to get a membership at the local gym with him. I suffer anxiety and he said it'd be good to go, just to get my mind off shit.
Can anyone here confirm whether it's a good idea or not?
>>
Do it faggot
>>
>>35223919

> I suffer anxiety

This is not a thing.
>>
File: .jpg (80 KB, 1278x879) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
80 KB, 1278x879
>>35223919
Local gym? Someone may know you! Even if they don't, you'll be the newcomer - the fluffy, weak, newcomer. And they will all judge you and talk about you behind your back! Inside and outside of the gym!

If I were you I'd go "cocoon" mode and constantly compliment myself on my brave segregation with regular chocolate treats. Damn, you need some rewarding motivation after all!
>>
You just need to develop a healthy contempt for your fellow man. Once you realise that the entire spectrum of human behaviour is driven by fear; that all those people are scared little child brains looking for ways to hide their insecurities and lonliness, your anxiety will melt away.
>>
>>35223919
Start work outs at home then progress to the gym.

No need to look like a fool.
>>
>>35224061
>better cocoon yourself, it will surely works!
nobody gives a flying fuck in the gym and you have no reason to worry about what gymbros may or may not think (btw, only positive things if a fatty seriously works out)
Hiding from the real world is never a solution and it will always hold you back.
>>
>>35224076
This guy gets it here
>>
>>35224003
You're an idiot. Read a book faggot.
>>
>>35223919
Anxiety is generally caused by excessive stress from raised cortisol levels in the brain and body. Working out helps relieve some stress and over time can help to regulate anxiety. It's not a cure but it helps. Also useful for depression and other disorders. Also eat right, see a therapist.
>>
File: 1447894018826.jpg (22 KB, 358x398) Image search: [Google]
1447894018826.jpg
22 KB, 358x398
>>35227019
>Anxiety is a good thing, i read it in a book unlike you faggot
>>
>>35223919
There's no reason to worry at all.
Go ahead and do it and keep at it. Probably will help with your anxiety.
You will be so fucking glad, that you started.
>>
>>35223919
Nobody gives a shit about you anywhere and it's selfish to think that they do. You're just another stranger.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.