[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rowing Machines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: rowcutie.jpg (288 KB, 2560x2239) Image search: [Google]
rowcutie.jpg
288 KB, 2560x2239
Sup /fit/,

I'm seriously considering buying a rowing machine for cardio and resistance. I used to bike, but my bicycle is in really bad shape and I'm looking for something new that's low-impact and will give me a similar experience. It being winter is also a factor as I'd like to do something indoors.

Two rowers that get a lot of attention are the Stamina Air Rower (pictured), which is ~$300, and the Concept2 Model D, which is $900+.

According to some reviews I've read, the Stamina does not offer a very intense workout, some even saying that they're overweight by 30 pounds or more and would maybe start to break a sweat half an hour into their session. I haven't seen the same things being said about the Concept2.

tl;dr: thoughts and suggestions on rowing machines?
>>
I use a concept 2 at the gym and I am out of breath 2 minutes in on the highest setting. They are awesome
>>
>>35221423
What's your routine like on it?
>>
>>35221423
Why are you using them on the highest setting? People who don't know how to use them need to stop this shit. Put it at like a 5-6
>>
It's my cardio of choice at the moment.
Do a 2km at the end of most workouts.
I've only used concepts though, can't advise on a cheaper model.
>>
File: WaterRower_Rowing_Simulator.jpg (187 KB, 1592x999) Image search: [Google]
WaterRower_Rowing_Simulator.jpg
187 KB, 1592x999
Any opinions on the Water Rower?
>>
>>35221415
I don't imagine it would be too difficult to nigger rig more resistance if you didn't want to drop the extra 600 bucks.
>>
File: exbike.jpg (17 KB, 305x500) Image search: [Google]
exbike.jpg
17 KB, 305x500
I'm not sure how intense or durable cheap chinese exercise bikes are, BUT they are only about $100

anyone had one of these?
>>
My gym has some sort of Concept rowing machine. They seem solid?
I use it for a 5 minute warm-up nearly every day, and have been slowly pushing the resistance up as lower settings stop leaving me warmed up, almost to 8/10 after three years.
But resistance isn't really what I think of immediately when I think of a rowing machine, and if you don't get a good enough work out, you could just raise your pace.

That said, you often get what you pay for. Maybe you could find a deal. An acquaintance said he got an older Concept rowing machine when a gym was getting rid of theirs.
>>
>>35222385
They're a pain in the ass and quite boring. Also, I've been hard-pressed to find one that lets you adjust resistance easily
>>
>>35222392
>Also, I've been hard-pressed to find one that lets you adjust resistance easily
what the fuck do you mean? they are all adjustable

>They're a pain in the ass and quite boring.
I don't care about boring if it's good cardio, can watch some videos or do whatever while doing it
>>
We have air one in a gym even with hardest setting is like pulling nothing, unless you are going nuts like cardio bunny.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.