[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broke my ankle skateboarding (been doing it since I was in 5th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151211_204756081.jpg (2 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151211_204756081.jpg
2 MB, 4320x2432
Broke my ankle skateboarding (been doing it since I was in 5th grade). You guys got any advice on how I can stay relatively active while I heal?
>>
How do I not break my ankle snowboarding?
>>
>>35220753
Wot
>>
>>35220763
Oh I thought you said you broke it snowboarding,i was asking how you did it.
>>
>>35220781
I was dropping in on a sketchy ass quarter pipe and I lost my balance making my upper body fall back causing me to roll my ankle till it broke.
>>
Isometrics?
>>
>>35220725
The usual protocol for a lifter who's injured is to start training with baby weights ASAP and slowly add weight as appropriate. The idea is to keep the tissue esp. joints from sitting idle for a really long time.

But you're not a lifter so you'd probably be best to start doing 'active' things like walking etc. as soon as possible and keeping your ankle active but not especially stressed.

For now, I can't think of anything you'd be able to do that's considered 'active' that would also allow you to sit down and take weight off your ankle.
>>
>>35220803
I'm gonna need pics, noway you fall doing that unless its a monster if you've skated since grade 5.
>>
File: IMG_20151211_214548137.jpg (2 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151211_214548137.jpg
2 MB, 2432x4320
>>35221047
I never said I was good at skating did I?
>>
>>35221095
Use the cast to attract cuties who want to sign it and reap the social gains. Physical gains will diminish though, broke my ankle hiking last year and I went up 20 pounds, feels bad man.
>>
>>35221095
then why reference how long you've done it for dickhead.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.