[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cystic acne here /fit/. I've been doing research and some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: butt acne.jpg (191 KB, 970x552) Image search: [Google]
butt acne.jpg
191 KB, 970x552
Cystic acne here /fit/. I've been doing research and some people say you should avoid gluten and dairy to cure acne.

Please tell me I don't have to go paleo to fix this. I can't fucking live off of berries, sweet potatoes and cold cuts straight out of the package. And GOMAD is the only thing that's been saving me from skellymode.
>>
5/11
>>
>>35220600
You know, if you don't shit enough the waste gets excreted thru your skin.
>>
>>35220600
just buy some accutane online from a shady source like the rest of us faggot
>>
How do I get rid of acne scars breh?
>>
>>35220648
You can't, you have to wait for them to heal like scabs
>>
>>35220600
Eat less sugar and dairy retard. Fruit dosent count as sugar btw.
>>
File: 8.jpg (370 KB, 810x1013) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
370 KB, 810x1013
>>35220659
I don't think I'm gonna make it brah.
>>
>>35220659
you can actually hasten the process by having a dermatologist burn the scars off professionally, applying anti-burn cream and avoiding the sun for 3 months. i cured a REALLY nasty scar this way the size of a coin
>>
>>35220672
My friend used the clay mask for proactive and he said that it cleared the scarring.
>>
File: 6gl895.gif (3 MB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
6gl895.gif
3 MB, 160x160
>>35220692
>clay mask

Can I use clay mask on my ass?
>>
>>35220640
I've done not 1 but 2 courses of accutane and still have pretty bad cysts.

Granted, it's nowhere near what it was. But still bad enough to piss me off.
>>
>>35220698
I dunno, I don't see any sign telling you not to
>>
1. Take cold showers. (most important)
2. Don't use any kind of soap or medication to wash your face, just use water. Start with hot then go really cold and then dry off. If you want you can use something like shea butter afterwards if you're doing it before bed.

And avoiding overly greasy/sugary foods will help but you should be doing that anyway
>>
>>35220648
lots of vitamin a and a tan breh. but uh, maybe don't go super hard on both at the same time
>>
>>35220600
How often do you masturbate OP?
>>
>>35220797
I go 2-3 days without it in an attempt to start NoFap and then binge doing it like 2-4 times in one night afterwards. It's been that way for about 3 years now.
>>
File: 1448223244849.gif (474 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1448223244849.gif
474 KB, 500x383
>try to join the Chairforce
>getting through MEPS just fine
>duckwalk is cake, piss in front of medical no problem, doctor thinks everything looks good
>"well, except that acne on your chest"
>do not like the look of it
>calls in other doctors to get their opinion
>have to send me for a dermatologist consult
If I get prescribed literally anything from them, it's an automatic disqualification. If I had known this would be a problem besides costing me ascetic points I would have tried to kick it's ass back in high school!
>>
>>35220797
>masturbation = acne

Christfags out
>>
>>35220813
M8, you are exactly like me. I've had HORRIBLE acne (worse than yours, I guarantee) for almost a decade. Nothing worked, including prescriptions. I'm currently on day 12 of nofap, and my skin is clearing up so fast, it hasn't been this good in years.

I used to masturbate every day all through puberty, and I think that messes up my hormones. Google ''androgen receptors and masturbation''. I'm convinced this is what caused my acne, because nothing else worked but nofap. I tried dozens and dozens of treatment. So give nofap a real shot (at least two weeks), cause if it can work for a 99.99 percentile fucked up case of acne like mine, it can probably help you
>>
>>35220857
In my case, it did. Masturbated all day for years throughout puberty which fucked my hormones famm. Only in severe cases though
>>
>>35220863
I've been trying to get back into it but I've done it before for like 30 days or so and I don't think it helped my acne much.

This shit is aggravating as fuck. Try NoFap meme, try the paleo diet meme, cut out dairy meme, sleep more meme, change your pillow case meme, take cold showers meme, wash your face meme, use accutane meme, sleep with a virgin meme. I'm tired of the fucking memes, will I ever find out something that actually works?
>>
File: acne.jpg (3 MB, 4752x3168) Image search: [Google]
acne.jpg
3 MB, 4752x3168
>>35220891
Ah, i'm sorry nofap didnt work for you. Im just fucking pumped that i fixed my shit after a decade of looking like pic related. You'll find your solution one of these days though.

>You're gonna make it
>>
How do I get rid of back acne? It's not as bad as it used to be, but still annoying.
>>
>>35220891

MEMES ARE ALL WE HAVE BRO
>>
>>35220600
Try tretinoin prescription
>>
>>35220600

If you mean specifically on your body gold bond rough and bumpy will clear it up. Don't use it on your face, it's too strong. If you have it on your face get some red stridex pads, some gentle face cleanser and some face cream.
>>
File: 1449559515473.jpg (427 KB, 730x1028) Image search: [Google]
1449559515473.jpg
427 KB, 730x1028
Is it true that head and shoulders helps with backne?
>>
>>35220600
hehe assne
>>
>>35221189
Things that help with backne.
>washing your back
>letting your back air out
>letting your back see the sun every once in a while
>drying your back off before putting on a shirt
>washing your bedsheets
>washing your clothes
>checking to see if your soap is causing a negative reaction on your skin

things that don't help with backne
>everything else.
>>
>>35220600

I used to have awful cystic acne in high school.
I would hide in the change room during PE, on bad days I just wouldn't come to school and
on good days I would come but have super low self esteem. it sucked, the unpredictability, the stress I couldn't fucking take it any longer.

First I cut out dairy, a year later I cut gluten, then sugar, then fapping. I saw a massive improvement but not the perfect clear skin I wanted so I did low dose of accutane for like 2 months. Really helped but I didn't like the dry lips. Its been a year since then and I'm very satisfied with my 3 year journey. In my desperation I'v tried fucking everything and here's what I found works for me. (starting from small things to larger strategies)

- change your bed-sheet's weekly
- never wear the same t shirt for more than a day
- wash your face and body with an salicylic acid based cleanser
- use a benzyl peroxide cream daily
- supplement with vitamin A
- maintain low stress
- fap 1/ week or 1/ 2 weeks
- Alitura clay mask got rid of all my scars
- Bulletproof Diet (saved my life)

If you're not willing to put in the effort you don't deserve the results. I used to be so jealous of my buddies in HS who could eat and drink like crap and have perfect skin while I would break out under the slightest stress. You just gotta play the hand you're dealt.
Through my journey I'v discovered allot about my body and I'v developed iron willpower and discipline. Keep your head up!
>>
>>35221969
forgot to mention, DO NOT USE SHAMPOO!
>>
>>35220891
try sleeping on a towel, it definitely helps for me. something about absorbing the oils from your face that would normally get stuck between your face and the pillow
>>
Lids I've had pretty shitty acne for about 2 years and over the past 12 months I've pretty much defeated it. Just a couple of little bumps and scarring. I worked at Mcdonalds doing night shifts the whole time and still do. My tips.

Cut down on sugar and dairy
Cleanse and BP or retinoid if you can get some prescribed twice daily. Use hot water first, then cold.
Only sleep on a pillow case twice. Flip it after one night then wash it. I have four and I just wash once a week and rotate. Wash your other sheets once a week too.
Get your stomach checked. Mine was not quite right so I shat in a cup and it turned out I had some parasites. My acne benefitted a lot from getting that fixed up. Literally just needed antibiotics.
Sleep 8 hours and avoid stress as best you can
Exercise obviously. Cardio is probably best but I just lift.
Don't worry about cunts judging you. I started going out with my girlfriend when my acne was close to its worst. People see through it.
Don't stand in front of the mirror too much. When mine was real bad I used to take weeks without looking at my face. When you do look you can see actual progress.
Remember its about the war, not individual battles. If you break out don't worry. Its a minor setback but you're still progressing towards clear skin in the big picture.
>>
>>35220863
nofap probably cleared your acne because your test levels are now in the shitter mate
>>
>>35220600
Man just take isotretinoine or whatever the shit is called. Cured my acne in 4-5 months, god bless the doc who gave it to me.

Still have bloody scars though.
>>
>>35220814
>going through MEPS
>pass everything 100%
>two minute scars on shoulder
They're faded, both lateral and almost not noticeable
>"anon, how'd you get those?"
>"huh? I don't really remember"
>"okay"
>calls in chief of medical
>disqualified until waiver, because of potential "self harm"
>>
>>35220877
No, it didn't. You had acne because yoy didn't shower regularly.
>>
>>35220600
I have the same problem and I find it happens if I sweat and sleep without a shower in between.
So I started showering in the evenings and it improved a lot.
>>
>there are people in this thread who have dealt with painful or ugly acne for YEARS without ever seeing the dermatologist

There's literally a dr for this
>>
>>35220703
damn ,that's tough. Accutane seems to be toughest shit doctors pull out when all else fails

I asked my doctor about diet and acne, and he said that nothing has been proven to lead to acne, so it seems to depend on the person

that said, my brother stopped drinking milk and his acne got better. he's in his mid twenties though, so it might just be age.

I tried all the shit advice being regurgitaed on forums (change your pillowcase, cut out milk and white bread, cut down on fat/sugar, steam your face, etc) - only accutane helped me.
>>
>>35220703
Sounds like me. I'm 25 and have done 3 courses of accutane and in the past 6 months my cystic acne has really sprung up again. Why? I honestly have no clue but I've done all the routines. New clean shirt to sleep in, wash sheets, pillows, wash twice a day, blah blah I've heard it all and tried it all.

I found something called bactrin to be very helpful as an antibiotic that targets acne forming bacteria. It's much more affordable than accutane and you don't have to go through the monthly blood test. It isn't nearly as a strong, but my cystic acne isn't as bad as it was when I was in my teens so it works fine for me. I take two pills a day and it works. Check in with your family PA or dermatologist and ask about it.
>>
File: 1348844979052.jpg (82 KB, 292x302) Image search: [Google]
1348844979052.jpg
82 KB, 292x302
>>35220814
>lookup disability rates
>acne
>40%
>>
>>35220877
>tfw didn't masturbate first time until 17
>tfw severe acne since age 12
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.