[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many people say that running is bad for your joint
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
Why do so many people say that running is bad for your joint and that you should mostly do cycling and the other faggy machine with the handles that makes run without actually getting your leg offf the platform?

If running is so bad, how come there are 85 years old people that have run all their lives and are still regarded as the most healthy of individuals and can do marathons? Hell those people will probably live 20 years older than average.

Is it a ruse? What for?
>>
Its fine if you have good shoes and proper form. And not over doing it
>>
/fit/ is too lazy to do cardio so they make excuses. No point in working out the most important muscle there is by doing cardio.

>B-b-b-b-but muh gains
>>
File: runners_high.jpg (110 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
runners_high.jpg
110 KB, 1000x667
>>35222230
This
>>
File: 1449884945906.jpg (705 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449884945906.jpg
705 KB, 1080x1080
>not doing hiit
>>
>>35220598
if you run excessively, or without impeccable form over distances, your knees and ankles will feel it over time. I box, and my first year was extremely shitty because I did all my road work in beat up vans with no idea you had to keep good form, and squats hurt, running hurt, skipping hurt, everything hurt.

So doing cardio in other ways is just the easy way out, either than or learn to fucking run and buy shoes and try not to do over 30 miles a week.
>>
>>35220598
Because I would rather die at 60 than have the body of a marathon runner.
HIIT is fine though.
>>
>>35222269
This desu senpai. There are so many possible imperfections in your stride or posture which can lead to serious joint problems over time, I'd recommend that unless you have a specific interest in getting good at running (sports) you pick a safer, lower impact form of cardio.
>>
>>35222230
This is so correct. I started off as a skinny fuck 2 years ago. All I wanted was to get out of Auchwitz mode as fast as I can, so I did almost no cardio to keep the TDEE down. Turns out being muscular but running out of breath and getting sweaty while climbing stairs and walking really sucks.
Think of it this way: there's no point in having a huge badass battle walker without a properly working power core.
>>
>>35222270
Are you kidding? Marathon runners come in all shapes and sizes I know some big ripped dudes that run marathons, clearly you mean the professionals who do it in sub 2 hours but you really aren't going to get that physique unless you do nothing but running, running is amazing cardio and can really help you to lean out just don't run 100+ miles a week
>>
File: 1428360573420.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1428360573420.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>35222230
>Think of it this way: there's no point in having a huge badass battle walker without a properly working power core.
>>
>>35222269
Go to a running shop and get a gait analysis done, then buy the shoes the person who gave you the analysis recommends, also buy some running socks, join a local running club, they will be more than happy to show you the basics.
>>
>>35220598
>Why do so many people say that running is bad for your joint

fat person thinks they're fat because they don't run

fat person starts running

rip knees
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.