[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does lifting burn more calories than cardio?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 19
does lifting burn more calories than cardio?
>>
>>35216857
It depends on the intensity of the exercise, how much weight you're lifting and the exercise itself.
>>
No. Cardio burns more calories if you're putting any amount of effort into it.
>>
File: 1436032301421.jpg (193 KB, 1024x1185) Image search: [Google]
1436032301421.jpg
193 KB, 1024x1185
>>35216886
>Maybe

>>35216996
>No!

>>35217167
>Yes

Well that settles it then!
>>
>>35217219
Stop posting pls
>>
>>35216996

>literally believing this shit

Most calories are burned in repairing the muscle after damage, not in the actual excersise.

People who think that cardio burns more than lifting are retarded.
>>
>>35217230
Doesnt take much to get you mad huh?
>>
>>35217278
i liked your post
>>
What about barbell complexes?

Are those goat tier?
>>
lifting burn onyl 300-400kcal

cardio>lifting if we talking about calorie burning
>>
Cardio stops burning calories once you stop the activity. Lifting burns less during the activity, but burns more throughout the day. Also, lifting adds to your BMR over time. But lifting also requires more recovery than cardio.
>>
>>35216996
this
>>
>>35217389

Are you serious?

Calculating calories burned through energy equations is retarded, because it fails to take into account the vast quantity of energy required to repair.

cardio is shit tier.

It's not even real excercise
>>
>>35216857
for the same amount of time I doubt you'll beat Deadlifts for kcal/min
>try doing deadlifts for 20mins though, lol. I'd still prefer a shorter workout that is just as effective desu.
>>
>>35217478
i end up more exhausted and sweaty from deadlifts than running.
>>
>>35216857
No.
>>
>>35217543
dyer
>>
>>35217461
>confirmed for looking like shit

So what do you think happens when you lift on a cut? Your body freaks out because it has precious muscle to build and zaps your fat stores away?

No, you fuccboi. Maybe lifting is calorically costly when you're in a surplus, but your body gives 0 shits about building muscle when it thinks you're starving. Cardio is good for heart health, lifting isn't. It's also going to effectively burn calories for you without chewing up your gains.

Just watching what you eat trumps any exercise for weight loss, but if you're gonna do something to tip the scales in your favor, please do some cardio.
>>
>>35216857
No
Cardio burns more calories than lifting, and increases your resting metabolic rate.
Lifting has the possibility to passively burn more calories when you reach a certain mass, but for the average person they have no idea what that mass if for their body.
Which is why you have so many fat/fits on here.

You should hear some of the autistic arguments on here though "but but my passive calorie burn on lifting and mah dick."
These people often forget that when performing cardio you are helping to promote lean muscle mass, yes it takes longer to bulk, we fucking know that, but when you finally do reach your preferred mass you are less likely to have rollercoaster symptoms and maintain it.
Most body builders have to constantly rollercoaster between bulking and cutting.
>>
>>35217653
100% certified bro science
This post is full of nonsense, It has to be bait
>>
>>35217652

Are there people who actually believe this?

The heart is a muscle. Lifting improves muscles. Cardio is therefore redundant if you're already doing real exercise.

Do you think body-builders spend 20 hours running on a treadmill?

The only people who do that are fat ugly women. fat=/=muscle

If you're looking to build muscle, or cut then go for lifting.

If you're trying to hook up with some fag at a gay club then try seducing him with some cardio.
>>
>>35216857
This is retarded
>Day 1 running 1 hour, 600 calories+200 passive
>Day 2 swimming 1 hour, 580calories+150
>Day 3 sprints 20 minutes, 180 calories+200 passively burned in recovery
>Day 4 rest
>Day 5 run+sprints 1 hour, 600 calories + 250 passively burned in recovery.
total = 2760 calories burned

Lifting
>day 1, 1 hour 266+100 passive
>day 2, 1 hour 266+100 passive
>day 3, 1 hour 266+100 passive
>day 4, 1 hour 266+100 passive
>day 5, 1 hour 266+100 passive
total = 1830 calories burned

For the lifting 266+100 passive was for a 180lb man. take away 30 calories or add 30 calories for every 10 lbs either direction.
Regardless of what your lifting weight is or what muscle you are lifting with. That is the average for which you will burn calories.
Cardio obviously burns more and even has a 3rd resting day.
So go onto google and look for your fucking self you autistic fuck.
>>
>>35217847
Also I'll add.
For the cardio that is constant movement and sprinting with no rest breaks.

While for lifting.
Let's be realistic.
None of the lifters lift none stop for an entire hour, they take breaks and check out the other boys asses, they go get their little sips of water from the drinking fountain and they gossip like fucking cunts.

I'd say the average lifter is burning less than
>50 calories an hour.
and no your passive burn is less than cardio.
>>
>>35216857
>lifting burn more than cardio
lifting barely burns anything

unless your turbo superset-ing everything, lifting duty cycle is like 20% or less -- so 1 hr of lifting is only 12 minutes of moderate intensity. noncompound lifts barely raise your HR.

>lifting burn onyl 300-400kcal
maybe if you lift for 2+ hours at high intensity
>>
>>35217847

>Day 1 dances like a fairy for a bit, 40000000 calories + 9999999999999 passive
>Day 2 gets his anus filled with dicks for 2 hours, 532532523532532 calories + 12414124124121 passive
>Day 3,4,5 recovers from having so much cock in his arse: 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 passive
total = a fuckton calories burned - you're doing real good buddy

Lifting
>day 1, 24 hours straight of lifting cars, 2+1 passive
>day 2,3,4,5 lifts buildings, 3+2 calories
total = fuck all - lifting confirmed for shit

Nice try faggot, but calories don't just 'happen' because you say so.
>>
>>35217801
>this is what /fit/ believe.
The heart is a muscle connected to the Aerobic muscular system.
Anaerobic workouts strengthen it about as much as fisting your own ass strengthens your chances to actually get a girlfriend you dumb ass.
>>
>>35217911
Man /fit/ sure has a lot of angry fat people on it today.
>>
Why are some of you some against cardio?
>>
>>35217917

Are you serious right now?

Is this a joke?

The heart pumps blood around the body, and lifting weights means that your muscles need more blood, so the heart works harder, so it grows bigger, as do all muscles in the body.

Cardio isn't real exercise.
>>
>>35217938

Cardio is pretty much crossfit. Why would you even consider doing it if you wanted to actually get fit?
>>
>>35217938

I fucked this post up, why do some of you hate cardio so much?
>>
>>35217931

If you don't know anything about real fitness, then why are you here?
>>
Do lifting and running if you want to lose weight the fastest.
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 720x960
>>35217461
Get out of here, Mark.
>>
30 minutes of resistance trainer burns more than 30 minutes of cardio.....but that is a constant 30 minutes, no break. So yes it does burn more if time is a variable but you are not going to do a 30 minute set with no rest period
>>
>>35217975
Hey thats my home screen! !!
>>
>>35217461
>>35217942
>Cardio isn't real exercise
Someone did not say this on a fitness board.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 1496x2093) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 1496x2093
>>35217975
>>
i cant figure out which posts are bait and which posts arent.
>>
>>35216857
http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/02/01/what-burns-more-calories-cardio-intervals-or-weight-training/

Two people are working out at the exact same hour.
1 person goes for a light jog.
The other lifts weights.

The jogger will burn more calories.
The lifter will only burn more calories if he is doing circuit training for the entire hour, with little to no breaks at all.

No the lifter will not passively burn more calories, if he lifts how the average workout bro lifts, he will be so far behind the active calorie burn that the workout is useless for cutting.

There is no way around this people.
Stop trying to look for shortcuts for your laziness.
If you want to cut you have 2 options.
Cut calories or do none stop workouts.
You don't have to do cardio, but you do have to workout none stop, giving you the same effects as cardio.

Too much bro science in here.
People seriously believe
>I'll just go to the gym for 3 hours and do only 20 minutes of actual lifting and i'll get /fit/
Fuck you people, stop jerking off the other guys.
Go to the gym, do your fucking workout in 20 minutes, get the fuck out of the gym.
>>
>>35218012

I sure hope you don't really unironically do cardio anon.
>>
>>35217942
Lifting made me a better runner. Considering you do calf exercises you will be able to run 5k/25min if you are consistently working out for a longer period. So in this sense lifting can replace some aspects of cardio. But if we are talking about running marathons cardio will get you faster to your goal than lifting does.

I think a healthy mix of lifting and light cardio is superior than lifting + no cardio at all.
>>
>>35218022
dyel? 20 minutes are you fucking serious?
>>
>>35218032

Lifting builds the muscles, doing intense lifting will generate more supply of emergency respiratory supplies, like myoglobin able to hold oxygen, helpful in sprinting as your heart rate is unable to raise in such a short time from your rest rate.

With marathon running, larger muscles mean greater supply of glycogen stored within the muscles, thus you will be able to go further for longer.

Cardio has been scientifically proven to be a meme at this point. It literally doesn't do anything.
>>
cardio wins easily.

Take 2 fatasses with the exact same diet.

>fatass A runs one hour a day
>fatass B lifts one hour a day

I can guarantee you the runner is gonna lose fat much faster then the lifter.
If anyone is dumb enough to disagree with this, you simply have never done intense cardio for 30mins-1hour. And by intense, I mean to be literally soaked in sweat.

While it's true the lifter fatass will burn calories to repair muscles, the runner fatass will ALSO repair muscles used for running (aka the whole fucking lower body)
>>
>>35218066
This is like saying small people are the strongest because they have the shortest bar paths.

The best humans in endurance certainly do not have big legs. I agree with the rest of your post.
>>
>>35217942
HAHAHAHAHAHAA

/fit/ omg, /fit/ I can't handle this...
This guy does not know the difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercise!
I seriously can not believe this guy even gets on this fucking board.

Here kid, since you obviously did not pass the elementary school let me break it down.
You have multiple muscle and cardio systems in your body, they function together to make the body work, but they also have very distinct functions that both have their own nutritional needs and exercise requirements.

The heart while providing blood for the anaerobic cardiovascular system, belongs to the aerobic cardiovascular system.
The hearts one job is to push blood and provide oxygen enriched blood to the body.
The only way to strengthen your heart is to work out the aerobic cardiovascular system.
When you are lifting and you suddenly become out of breath, that is proof that the aerobic system is weak. That you are weak.
The only way to strengthen this is to do cardio in some form.
I see this on a daily basis at the gym, all the heavy lifters all breathing heavy and almost dying, they are bright red like tomatoes after lifting.
They have weak hearts.
You have a weak heart.
>>
>>35218085

But that's true.

People with shorter arms are stronger - they have less of a turning moment to overcome when holding weight above them, and they have less of their own arms to lift.

A small person with large muscles is stronger than a large person with the same size muscles.
>>
>>35218066
>Cardio has been scientifically proven to be a meme at this point. It literally doesn't do anything.

>It literally doesn't do anything.

This is silly, you can be plenty fit and healthy and not focus on weight lifting. Swimming does nothing, running does nothing, rock climbing does nothing.

YOU'RE FUCKING MEME AND I KNOW THIS IS BAIT.
>>
>>35218101
>>35218101
Yes I agree, having short limps increases your leverage power output, but saying this makes you THE strongest is false, the strongest lifters tend to be lankies.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015_12_05_11_10_44.png (327 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015_12_05_11_10_44.png
327 KB, 480x800
What the fuck?

Mixing cardio and lifing is the best fucking combination in ANY fitness program, regardless if you are cutting or bulking. Plus you'll actually have something in common with the qt3.14 cardio bunny that goes to your gym.

Just go run. Jesus.
Or don't. Do whatever the fuck you wanna do.
>>
>>35218099

>weak heart
>lifts weights

Do you even go to the gym?

When you lift weights, it puts pressure on the ends of your arteries in your arms, meaning that your heart has to work harder, so it gets bigger.

Cardio doesn't put any strain on the heart at all, it just puts stress on the sweat glands.
>>
>>35218101
>A small person with large muscles is stronger than a large person with the same size muscles.
True, while the larger person is probably still able to put on more muscle, making him surpass the manlet in strength.
>>
>>35218104

It's not bait bro, it's legit.

You can't be fit if you do cardio.
>>
>>35218055
20 minutes of lifting is 20 minutes of lifting.
Just because you take breaks and stretch out 20 minutes of lifting over the next 3 hours.
Doesn't change the fact you only lifted for 20 minutes.
This is why you are fat Anon.

>>35218080
This anon gets it.
If you switch your cardio workouts like lifters do for specific body parts also you will build muscle mass and not have the negative withdrawals of cardio.

On my rest days from running I go swimming and only use my upper body for movement.
The muscles in the lower body are not over used, they repair easier while I still can maintain daily cardio requirements.
>>
>>35218101
what about those strongmen, all of them are tall as fuck
>>
>>35218112
Smaller people are able to lift heavier weights, it's just fact. The taller you are the less potential you have.

>>35218136
There's literally nothing wrong with being short, lanklets are just jealous of being so weak and unable to get real definition.

The larger person can't put as much work on the muscles, because he can't lift as much, because he has to support his own weight too.
>>
Why not both...problem solved
>>
>>35218130
This guy has ED, is obese, and has probably never fucked a girl.
>>
>>35218142
im not fat i do plenty of cardio but my breaks when lifting are about 1-2 minutes yet after i finish running i spend an hour in the gym or more lifting.
>>
>>35218145

That's completely false, the strongest people are always the shortest.

>>35218160
Because cardio is literally shit. It's pretty much cancer but in fitness form.

>>35218162
I haven't found a woman I deem worthy of having my virginity. Besides, I'm not fat, I'm just bulking, I eat a lot to get big gains. I'm going to start going to the gym soon.
>>
>>35218142
>This is why you are fat Anon.
I do 5km 2x per week and 3x 1.5hour long 3x5 strength program. I wet the backside of my tshirts completely every time I lift, but cardio only wets my neck and armpit area.
>>
>>35218159
spotted the manlet
>>
>>35218159
I am a manlet myself and I still agree with your 100%, but tell my why the strongest lifters tend to be tall? Are short people simply not competing?
>>
>>35218176

Anything above 5"4' is lanklet tier, and will never find a woman willing to accept them.

Women like men they can actually talk to without having to wear stilts.
>>
Cardio is like running an engine at high rpm. Lift to make the engine bigger and less fuel efficient->able to burn more calories.
>>
File: fgdgsdgs.jpg (112 KB, 1227x627) Image search: [Google]
fgdgsdgs.jpg
112 KB, 1227x627
>be sedentary
>start running until I can do ten miles a day
>tfw still no health benefits
>>
>>35218185

The strongest lifters aren't tall, that's just a fitness meme.

The media always promote tall fit people as the strongest, but we all know that can't scientifically or biologically be true, because they have to lift their own weight before they can lift the actual weights.
>>
>>35218174
>things that never happen for 500 points.
Anon you're not fooling anyone.
The reason you're sweating so much when you "lift" is because you're horribly out of shape because you never do SS or HI cardio.
The reality is you're going to die soon.
>>
>>35218189
youre in such fucking denial. women like tall men its a fact.
>>
>>35218185
Bigger people are stronger though. Being short, the muscle builds at the same rate, but it spreads out less so it looks bigger.
>>
>>35218201
>gain ability to run ten miles a day
>didn't gain any health benefits
>>
>>35218201

That's the vicious cycle of cardio my friend.

Start getting real gains - start lifting.
>>35218213
>fact

Butthurt lanklet detected. Do you actually think this?
I feel so sorry for you.
Women are always looking for men they can actually bond with. Tall people just miss that deep connection, and will never truly be able to satisfy a woman.
>>
>>35218201
well youre in better shape than you started at.
>>
ITT is a classic case of taking memes too seriously. Hope a lot of you have fun with your ED.
>>
>>35218212
25min/5km is normal routine for me, there is no reason to lie. Maybe I need to add that I lift in a thick hoodie every time?
>>
>>35218174
You aren't doing cardio hard enough.
>>
>>35218237

Cardio literally doesn't do anything.

You can't do cardio hard enough, because there is never a threshold of cardio that will cause a physiological effect. The only way to truly workout is to lift.
>>
>>35218226
But don't you se anon, cardio is fucking useless.
I could run a 100 miles a day and become a world champion ultra-marathoner but I would still be an unhealthy average joe.
>>
>>35218224
holy shit is this bait? im pretty sure any woman would choose a guy who is 6'2 and aesthetic than someone who is 5'4
>>
>>35218250
Sprint as hard as you can for as long as you can.
>>
>>35218237
I have fucked up knees and cardio for longer than 30min will kill my knees. I even like running more than lifting, but I sadly cannot increase my running time and 2x 5km is the longest my knee can apparently withstand.
>>
>>35218258
>knows its bait
>still takes the bait
I Seriously Hope You Guys Don't Do This.
>>
>>35218258

Are you kidding?
I sure hope you're not actually serious right now anon. Women prefer men their own height over people who tower above them.

A woman can't properly kiss a tall man, let alone have fun in the bedroom.

The closer you are to a woman's height, the better relationship you are going to have.

Tall men are just a meme, like black men having big cocks.

The loci for penis size and the loci for height are located on two different chromosomes. If you're tall, your penis looks small in comparison anyway. Women aren't interested in tall men.
>>
>>35218275
just making sure
>>
>>35218264

There's no long-term effect of sprinting fast and far, you only feel tired afterwards. You go to sleep, wake up, and there's no difference.
>>
File: !.jpg (76 KB, 650x487) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
76 KB, 650x487
Well back to the original question while the retards babble.
Used to run track and XC 4 years of highschool.
Now eat similar diet with very moderate increase in calories to what I ate during those years but now I only lift and do no cardio.
I do a fairly high volume workout 6 days a week and I can say with absolute certainty that I am steadily gaining weight.
This of course leads me to the conclusion that cardio does in fact burn a large amount more calories and that anyone who denies this is in denial and cannot face the fact that it is harder to do.
>>
>>35218194
>running an engine on high RPM

Your think about balls out sprint, cardio is like idling. When does your car burn more fuel? Wide open throttle (anaerobic sprint) or idling creeping forward (aerobic cardio) think about it.
>>
File: MessagesPerWeek.png (14 KB, 480x353) Image search: [Google]
MessagesPerWeek.png
14 KB, 480x353
>>35218280
Now this is untrue.
>>
>>35218275
>>35218283

>trying to backpedal because you know I'm right.

Claiming a valid argument is bait doesn't invalidate anything.

You know I'm irrefutable, and you're just a middle-aged preternaturally balding buttblasted lanklet who's wasted their life on cardio, and now shitposts on a Chinese image board to try and make their life seem meaningful.
>>
>>35218309
see >>35218303
>>
>>35218250
>>35218264 - This

And wind sprints/suicides.
>>
>>35218303

The taller men get more messages because the women have to keep responding to make them stop contacting them.

A normal height guy asks a woman out, she'll say yes, that's all that is needed.

A creepy lanklet starts talking, and she has to tell him to fuck off or she'll call the cops.
>>
>>35218326
I wish this was true anon, I really do, but manlets are a dying breed.
>>
>>35218320

The short term effects of cardio don't last, and have no overall effect on your health.

It's just a waste of time so the government can steal your money.
>>
>cardio doesn't do anything
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_conditioning
>>
As a research physiologist focusing on cardiology, I'm having a good laugh right now. Do fucking cardio [full stop]
>>
>>35218326
i just cant stop laughing at what you post
>>
File: getout.gif (1 MB, 321x240) Image search: [Google]
getout.gif
1 MB, 321x240
>mfw I've been shitposting nearly two hours

Gotta go guys.

Remember, cardio is shit, you can only benefit from gains, and women only ever date short men.
>>
>>35218299
this said it depends on your current position and where you want to go. I was doing 50-60 miles a week so of course im burning crazy calories. I'd imagine it'd be a lot harder for a fatass to burn as much as I did even with their much larger current body weight.
>>
>>35218326
Im a fucking manlet and im pretty certain that isnt true, there are some women who dont care about height like my sister (dating 5'4) but most women do care.
>>
>>35218350
>As a research physiologist
What a useless degree anon, I hope you got it for free education or something because I wouldn't wipe my ass with it.
>>
Kek is this thread real?

>Michael Phelps can burn 10k cals a day
>all of them burned during the hour of lifting he does
>the miles of swimming do nothing
>>
Of course cardio burns more calories than an equal amount of time spent with weightlifting (with breaks etc). You have to be seriously retarded to believe otherwise. The "passive" calorie consumption by repairing muscle is tiny btw when calculated for a single workout session, but think about something like maybe 100 kcal for an hour of intensive training. It's laughable. If you still refuse to believe this, I just advise you to maybe do cardio once in your life.
>>
>>35218440
yup right answer
>>
File: Untitled.png (568 KB, 644x490) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
568 KB, 644x490
Daily reminder these two are in the exact same health and the autist on the right might as well be sitting in his computer chair all day.
>>
>>35217231
>Muscles do not need to be repaired after cardio sessions
Wow and I bet you have a slow metabolism and that's why you're fat, huh?
>>
>>35217989
Cardio burns more calories than cardio but only when you do it as cardio
>>
>>35218497
Let's see YOUR body pic :)
Inb4 I'm bulking
>>
I once ran a marathon with only a few sprint sessions a couple of weeks before and my normal weight routine.

I will admit it was not very fun.

Cardio and weight training is all you need to do.
>>
>Long term
Yes. More muscle = more energy consumed to maintain. That's occurs even passively.

>Short-term
No. Cardio is great for burning off energy you already have. It's also great since you can build more capillaries to your muscle. More capillaries = more oxygen to your muscle = better gains = stronger muscles = burning more calories passively.

So, for fat loss, do more lifting, but don't skimp on cardio.
>>
i think cardio is only good for a body recomposition.
>>
File: StovePipeSponge_1920x1200.jpg (633 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
StovePipeSponge_1920x1200.jpg
633 KB, 1920x1200
>>35218130
>Cardio doesn't put any strain on the heart at all, it just puts stress on the sweat glands.
>>
File: laughing jose aldo.jpg (173 KB, 767x919) Image search: [Google]
laughing jose aldo.jpg
173 KB, 767x919
>>35217219
>>35217231
clueless, fat morons who struggle to move from point a to point b and as such think cardio is "bad" detected LMFAO.
>>
>>35216857
No.
>>
Might as well post here
DOES cardio kill gains?
>>
>>35219136
only if u do too much like an hour or more
>>
File: 1320885528653.jpg (72 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
1320885528653.jpg
72 KB, 728x546
>>35219136
if you're training for a marathon, yes. Cortisol and all that.

What qualifies as cardio for 95% of people, especially fitizens? No. But it may screw up your bulk schedule. Just eat more to compensate.

Bigger bulk with cardio > bulk and just lifting
>>
>>35216857
https://fitness.stackexchange.com/questions/7493/does-exercise-really-increase-the-basal-metabolism-rate-for-any-significant-leng

>there's a stackexchange for fitness
It's like reddit, without the cancer, the memes and the upboats
Time to ditch this inane cesspit

>>35219136
No.
http://www.strengtheory.com/?s=cardio
>>
>>35217801
You're literally retarded. You can't do fucking curls for your heart.

Cardiovascular exercise increases the dimensions of the heart to allow a higher stroke volume and better output because of a volume overload.

Resistance training imposes a issue overload and causes ventricular THICKENING similar to the thickening seen in MORBIDLY OBESE patients.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21709209

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2300466/
>>
Help me understand why most of /fit/ is against cardio
>>
>>35219503
because it's:
1. hard work
2. not necessary
>>
File: vmwqi.gif (105 KB, 295x200) Image search: [Google]
vmwqi.gif
105 KB, 295x200
ALL YOU NEED IS 4 SCOOOOOOOOPS
>>
>>35219503
She needs to wear a better bra.
>>
>>35219557
>hard work
cardio is easier to do than lifting.
prove me wrong
>pro tip: you can't.

>Put on clothes
>Go outside
>Run
>Keep running
>Keep running
>Keep running

That's it, the most I have to do at all is look down at a watch every once in a while while near a marker and determine if i'm running too fast or too slow for my goal.

Swimming?
Same exact thing.
Oh I swam 5 laps too slow, better swim faster.

It's the easiest form of fitness there is and you meatheads can't even do that.
You're never going to make it shit cunt.
If you don't have the discipline to run 5 miles you won't have the discipline needed to workout for years to obtain your body goals.
>>
>>35219153
This guy knows what's up.

The only time your body ever shows negative returns from cardio is when you either
A. Run more than 40 miles a week.
B. Run more than 10 miles in one day.
Anything else is well within the acceptable daily limits for bodily regeneration and can be compensated with eating more.
I do not recommend running on leg day though, multiple types of muscle fiber will tear.
>>
>>35218209
Muscular strength is proportional to size and length.

Your move hobmanlet
>>
>>35220649

Muscle force production is actually proportional to the cross sectional area of the muscle. Fiber density, mang. For the same amount of weight gain, a manlet should technically fill out nicer.
>>
>>35220533

Fuck you.
>>
>>35216857
Do lots of cardio before breakfeast every day if you want to burn fat until your body fat % dips well below 18%, which is "good enough" for now if you used to be a fatass. Then start lifting to not look like a skinny fag as you go further down.
>>
>>35220974
she does, who the fuck wants to see shit tits like that?
>>
>>35217847
I have a question about this passive burn for recovery of damaged muscle. Can it be damaged without excercise? Like, you know, passively increase passive burn.
>>
a mix of intermittent fasting and cardio will burn more calories than lifting

it will make you healthier
>>
File: 153516361.jpg (23 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
153516361.jpg
23 KB, 720x540
my stomach is accumulating fat and mass. I'm eating at 3k calories and lifting 3 times a week; I'm 6'0 160lbs

I came from skelemode and now I'm bit on mass but a lot of it is going to my fucking stomach and it makes me mad. Should I be doing cardio to stop this? I enjoy the mass I'm getting all over my body but so much is going to my stomach, I really miss my flat stomach as a skinny person
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.