[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any recovering alcoholics on /fit/? Been drinking 12-15 beer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: beer.jpg (312 KB, 2048x1418) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
312 KB, 2048x1418
Any recovering alcoholics on /fit/? Been drinking 12-15 beer everyfay for a few years now and a liter of vodka each day on weekends and want to get in shape

I'm 6'1" 165lbs currently
>>
>>35215464
How old are you m8?
>>
>>35215491
>>
>>35215464
12 beer throughout the whole day or do you only drink at night?
>>
>>35215517
Start drinking around 5pm and drink 12-15 475ml "tallboys" before 9pm
>>
>>35215532
Holy fuck I'd be hammered
>>
Alcoholism isn't a disease you faggot it's called self control. You'll never get in shape because you don't have any
>>
>>35215606

As a manlet, I'd be fucking dead.
Damn anon, you can hold your liquor.
>>
>>35215464

Ex-alcoholic here. Had a similar drinking habit. Would start the night with a 6 pack of beer, 3-4 mixed drinks (usually vodka or whiskey), then hit the bars to party up with friends (another 7-10 drinks or shots).

Anywho, been sober for nearly 2 years now, and it wasn't because of fitness. My life was in shambles, and I had more moments than I could count that I regret and feel sick to think about. Eventually, I just hit a point where I was so disgusted with myself that I couldn't allow myself to be put through it anymore. That was when I stopped for good.

What I learned was that my coping skills were shit, and I had an unhealthy mindset of self-loathing. Started looking at what I was good at (lifting, writing, and socializing) and started focusing on that rather than getting wasted. Went to AA a few times, but eventually didn't feel the need for it anymore. Continually read books on developing healthy habits, motivational self-help crap, and how to deal with stress in a healthy, benevolent way. The mindset I tried to cultivate was that when I was put under difficulty, I'd find an advantage to/from it no matter what. Eventually, I started to actually care about myself and adore the challenge for the sake of a challenge.

I hope this helps. But if it means that much to you, you'll stop.
>>
I've always wondered: how? How the fuck do you wake up? Do you have a job? Are you drunk at work? How do you not die from the accumulated hangover? If I drink more than 8 beers or so in a night I get a debilitating hangover the next day that requires that I smoke weed and stay in bed. How the fuck?
>>
>>35215464

The short answer is that you cannot drinking and fitness, or much else in life, if you are really an alcoholic. Can some alcoholics reform their drinking habits and moderate? Maybe, but 99% of the time you will be wasting your time and digging yourself a deeper whole.

I'm about a year and a half sober. I got sober at 22. I think this guy puts it better than I can.

>>35216149

I also quite because my life was just fucked, but fitness did help. He's right about drinking being part of a deeper problem with mindset and habits. Get to an AA meeting. I only went once later on in sobriety but it helps, and could be good for you.

>>35216029

Typically these threads have a lot of edgy kids like this. He's not wrong that you need self control, but it's usually pointless trying to discuss addiction with these people in these threads.

I know it's cool to hate Reddit here, but the stopdrinking subreddit is actually helpful. Just read some of the posts and see if it helps you,

https://www.reddit.com/r/stopdrinking/top/

There are a lot of resources out there. The simple fact is that if you are an alcoholic then you need to quit drinking to have any semblance of a decent life. And the only way to quit is to just not drink any alcohol at all.
>>
File: 1334329164853.jpg (18 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1334329164853.jpg
18 KB, 366x380
>>35215517
> 12-15 tall boys a night
wat

Holy shit dude how has your liver not shut down
>>
>>35216591
>>35215464

Did OP die?
>>
>>35215464
>12-15 beer everyday
>165lbs
Do you not eat food?
>>
File: LivingtheDream.jpg (89 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
LivingtheDream.jpg
89 KB, 500x484
I was a full blown alcoholic for like 2 years. Minimum 5-8 pints or half a 26er a night. I don't know how my body handled it, especially since I'm only 5'6, 145lbs. Over the last 2 years, I've cut it down to only about 1-3 drinks a couple of nights a week. It's a constant struggle. I honestly can't see myself not drinking. Not trying to blame genetics, but I'm Scottish and Irish.
>>
>>35217985
Yes
>>
File: image.jpg (445 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
445 KB, 1936x1936
I was alcoholic as fuck for 3 years and still am to some degree. I was drinking 12-18 beers a night, or a fifth of whiskey and 6-8 beers a night. I quit drinking and started eating right and lifting six days a week and lost 90 lbs in only 3 months. 330 lbs - 240 lbs.

I was on the right track until I had to have my fucking appendix removed and had to sit on the fucking couch for 8 weeks. I was bored as fuck so started drinking again, and now here I am 12 weeks out of recovery, still drinking every day. I am lifting alongside the drinking, but I could look and feel so much better if I'd quit fucking drinking. Still at 240, haven't lost a pound for 3 months.

>left: me at 330 lb fat fuck
>right top: me after quit drinking 12 weeks ago
>right bottom: me now drinking + lifting
>>
>>35218196

Damn, nice progress. It's amazing how much easier it is to keep your weight in check without drinking. Are you trying to quit again?
>>
drank for 10 years straight. liquor. lots of it.

been clean a month. cold turkey, no bullshit.

drinking became like a part time job and now i actually have more time to do shit.

no idea how you beer guys do it, that's way too much volume for too little alcohol.
>>
>>35220283

Switching to beer from liquor is pretty common to try to limit it becoming a complete shitshow. But yeah, 15 beers a day every day is a feat
>>
Guys i drank alot yesterday but i only have a little hangover. How hard did i fuck with my gains and when can i expect normal level muscle growth again ? Im natty though
>>
How the fuck do you even get to that stage without questioning your choices? You are like the alcoholic version of landwhales who can't stop eating.
>>
>be 25
>was a heavy drinker for 6 years
>neet
>no gf
>found work
>got gf
>stopped drinking

I dont even have that urge to drink anymore
>>
>>35220014
Yeah trying to stop again now but I have littl self control. Down to drinking only 2 or 3 days a week but when I drink I drink hard.... I think it's mostly out of boredom
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.