[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here ever had Lyme Disease? I had it about a year ago.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: lyme.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
lyme.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
Anyone here ever had Lyme Disease?

I had it about a year ago. Had intense fevers, but managed to get on Doxycycline within a week and the symptoms went away.

I know the chronic lyme thing is largely bullshit and hysteria, but my overall energy levels are definitely lower than before I had Lyme. Every couple of weeks I will just have no energy, barely be able to go to work, let alone work out. Also my right eye lid droops now, which I definitely did not have before the Lyme.

Is it possible that my antiobiotic regimen didn't fully wipe out the Lyme? I only did 3 weeks, which apparently is somewhat short for Lyme treatment.

I've heard theories that the chronic fatigue is caused by fucked up gut bacteria from the antibiotic, but I haven't been able to find definitive research on that.

Any of you guys deal with this shit? its affecting muh gainz man.
>>
>>35215130
Shouldn't of been fucking the natives, that'll teach you.
>>
>>35215130
Doxycycline is used for a lot of different infections but it's only with lyme disease that you get the chronic fatigue. It's not the antibiotics. This is the long term damage from the disease, and your body will need time to repair itself. It might take years depending on your infection. Good news is the infection is no longer there, bad news are your body was used as a battle field for the little bastards long enough to do damage.
>>
>>35215226
this, my brother had it and it took a month for him to be able to move her fingers normally again.
>>
>>35215251
>her
Are you southern?
>>
>>35215226
muh gainz tho :*(
>>
>>35215291
Health is more important right now. See lifting as rehabilitation. You need to keep active to recover and regain your strenght, but pace yourself to prevent injuries.
>>
>>35215285
his, no, just European
>>
>>35215130
Chronic lyme is not a myth. I've had the disease since 2006. Got at least 1,5 more years of recovery to go. Make sure you are in the sun a lot, other than that you will just have to wait. Keep active that is the most important thing. As soon as you give in to resting constantly, the lyme will come out and you will get a new bacterium or infection. Hope you recover faster than I am.
>>
I'm desperate with Lyme, so I've been experimenting with megadoses of Methylene Blue, which is used against malaria.
>>
>>35215130
Long term antibiotic use effects the immune system, and gut bacteria.
Gut bacteria is bacteria that lives in your stomach and pre eats all your food for you. Your "stomach" acid does nothing more than transforms your food into an edible paste for the bacteria. The bacteria themselves are what digest and transform a broad spectrum of foods into nutrition your body can absorb.

To regain said bacteria you want to eat gut healthy foods.
Yogurts/Milk/Cheese/Fruits/Lean meats
You want to stay away from overly hearty foods for a while, potatoes/nuts/red meats.
as you do not usually have the bacteria yet to break the foods down effectively.
What will happen is as you eat said foods listed, eventually they will colonize your stomach and a never ending war will break out. You can easily have a fever for a few days as this happens. Eventually the more dominate and symbiotic bacteria will survive as you eat foods this bacteria continues to thrive and will kill off other bacteria that enters the system (which is also how we fight bacterial infections through food).
>>
File: Daniel_Johnston.jpg (52 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Daniel_Johnston.jpg
52 KB, 400x600
Recovering fat person with lyme here. I have Lyme and I am basically in the same boat. Since 2012 I felt different physically and mentally. I thought I was going insane. I just found out this summer that I am actually sick with it. I have been taking 3 different antibiotics for about 3 months now. My energy level is non existent at points so I would stay in bed a lot. My gf broke up with me because I could not go out with her. She would make me feel bad for wanting to leave social events early because of me being in pain. A thanks for me helping her through mono I guess. I have a physical tick I do now and it is really noticeable and embarrassing. As for the gut bacteria my Dr told me as the bacteria die is releases out a protein harmful to the human body.

We don't know a lot about lyme and that is a little scary.

OP 3 weeks might not have been enough because I have been on antibiotics for 3 months and my brother has been on them for 3 years and there is still no sign of recovery for either one of us. We have it worse off than you though. You may want to get some blood work done just in case.

I don't know what to tell you but we just need to persevere, OP. I hope you can get those gains and I can lost that fat.

Best of luck, m8.
>>
>>35217363
see
>>35217259
Two weeks of antibiotic treatment is enough to cause malnutrition.
You are just as likely to be suffering from your antibacterial overuse as you are from the lyme disease itself.
Sorry to tell you, but you are fucked either way until we can better treat lyme disease.

You are about in the same boat as people who have HIV. You need to watch your foods and your lifestyle.
If not it will kill you.
>>
>the chronic lyme thing is largely bullshit and hysteria

Can you all redpill me on chronic lyme?

I dated a girl who has it and says she's in pain and tired all the time. When I told her I was going to look up peer reviewed articles on the subject because I was still in uni mode, she got all upset and said I'd never understand. After that I showed her nothing but love and support and I believed all of it. Now that I'm not with her, I need the facts regarding this. The article I read originally said there was largely no empirical evidence for the condition
>>
I've had Lyme OP, lots of silliness being posted here.

If you had the treatment that early and followed it through, you are no longer infected. It is possible that it will take a few months to fully recover from the stress it put on your system, but you are effectively cured.

A lot of people have underlying issues, particularly depression, that they confused for Lyme. There's a lot of misinfo around it, and people get bit and think their life is over, so even when cured they mope around / get dragged down by depression and blame it on the Lyme

I got bit and was treated with the same thing 2 weeks afterwards. I'm symptom free and have since then had absolutely no issues , even if I catch a cold or something which would weaken my immune system. Consider that the fear of having a permanent disease ( which has no medical proof of being permanent if treated correctly) is what's doing the damage
>>
On a similar note I recieved a tick bite years ago.

I went to the doctor shortly after I did as the swelling had not decreased. The doctor prescribed some antibiotics. While not itchy anymore there still exists a bump on my skin that on occasion will swell up before flattening.

Anyone know whats up?
>>
>>35217449

exactly this

I was treated within two weeks, have had zero continuing symptoms. I should mention that I ended up participating in a clinical study of long term Lyme disease outcomes and up to two years after continued to exhibit absolutely perfect health as measured by blood, physical, and cognitive testing.
>>
>I know the chronic lyme thing is largely bullshit and hysteria
>largely
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.