[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get paid to workout and eat clean >inject gallons of chemicals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10
File: Kuktler.jpg (96 KB, 492x760) Image search: [Google]
Kuktler.jpg
96 KB, 492x760
>get paid to workout and eat clean
>inject gallons of chemicals into your bloodstream daily
>can't squat lmao2plate!!1

How many horses do you think would die with the amount of drugs he's on?

Why is bodybuilding such a joke?
>>
File: 1437639243179.jpg (28 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1437639243179.jpg
28 KB, 499x499
>yfw you squat more than a Mr. Olympia
>>
wow, i dont know if jay is just trying to motivate other people like he says but the fact that i can squat 3plate makes me feel damn good
>>
>>35209396
>>35209436
>>35209442
>thinking this is his max weight ever
You guys are pathetic
>>
>>35209617
>implying 2pl8 for reps is good
defending ur pussy weights, huh?
>>
>>35209617

>I SQUATTED 500 LBS 30 YEARS AGO, IT DOESNT MATTER I CANT EVEN SQUAT 2 PLATES RIGHT NOW BC I DID IT BEFORE BUT NO ONE WAS AROUND THOUGH

Jay pls go. You sound like those faggots in the gym that feel qualified to give advice because they benched 2 plates in college
>>
File: 1442689738744.gif (1 MB, 499x341) Image search: [Google]
1442689738744.gif
1 MB, 499x341
>people have strong feelings about this one way or another
>strong enough even to bully others about a difference in said opinion
>on 4chan
>>
>Being able to squat more than the bears' starting QB

Feels great
>>
>>35209396
>lmao2pl8
what the actual motherfucking hell
I'm just confused at this point honestly, how is it possible to be that weak but that massive?
Is it actually possible to gain that amount of mass without moving heavy weights at all? How does such a thing happen?
How can it be that he can't move the weight that a 70 kg kid after two weeks of SS can?
>>
>>35209695

drugs
>>
>>35209695
>>35209702
this and a combination of training like a complete fucking moron because you'll grow anyway on the ridiculous amount of steroids.
anyone who does not train like a complete fucking idiot for 2 decades should be able to squat way more than that, even if strength isn't your main goal
>>
>>35209702
>>35209729
okay I get that he can achieve the mass through drugs that's not what I mean, I mean how can he achieve that mass and not have the ability to utilize those muscular structures

how can you be incapable of using your own body at a fraction of its peak output when you don't have some neurodegenerative disease?
>>
>>35209738
just bad training i guess, never squatting heavy too depth with good form. if you dont go heavy ever(90% 1rm+) you will never really develop consistent motor pattern entrainment for those lifts.

This giving you a very low output in relation to your actual body mass. And when that mass decreases because you are not taking 10g of steroids a day you get a Mr Olympia barely getting by on 2 plates.

if you think about it it's not that weird because you will see guys like kai greene or phil heath squatting like 4-5 plates as well, considering their muscle mass that's also super pathetic.
>>
>>35209669
fuck off gaylord ghandi
>>
>>35209396
He's probably doing a lot of reps, generally speaking people respond to high reps low weight on roids and heavy weight lower rep range when natty. He's probably doing some silly 5 reps of 15 or something.
>>
>>35209738

because you can take steroids, not lift and still look like you lift.

How is this so hard to understand?

This is why it's called 'cheating' and it's also why the threads about steroids on this forum are titled and referred to as '/fraud/' threads.
>>
>>35209848
Meant 5 sets of 15. I'm a phonefag
>>
>>35209848
see
>>35209639
>>
>>35209849
>>35209810
okay I guess I'm just retarded and know nothing about steroids then
I thought they just accelerated the process and extended the limits of what you can do
The mindset necessary to accept being incapable of something as basic as a bodyweight squat is really hard for me to empathize with
I thought we all wanted to be the best we can be
sorry for shit-tier posts but this is just depressing to look at
>>
>>35209848
>peaking people respond to high reps low weight on roids and heavy weight lower rep range when natty

this is such heavy broscience. there is no correlation whatsoever between steroid use and better response to higher rep ranges. This should be common sense desu.

Steroids have no greater influence on type 1 fibers, they have no exponential effect on endurance which would work in the favor of high reps. its all bullshit.

the only reason you think that's a plausible explanation is because roided up bodybuilders have been spouting that bullshit for decades.

>b-b-but they're big

that's because of the steroids(and genetics) not some sort of greater understanding of rep ranges.
>>
>>35209695
he probably leg presses and hack squats a lot more
>>
He's retired - fuck sake.

He's not even on 10% of his old stack. If you think he's pushing "gallons" of chems into his system, you're literally retarded. He'd be on a HRT dose.

The amount of injuries he'd be carrying would be intense. Pros over the course of their careers carry injuries. They mask them with a lot of drugs - huge dosages of DECA or NPP, cortisol injections, wraps, straps, belts, guards, knee braces, pressure bandages, heaps of massages and therapies to keep their bodies functional. They need to be able to. Most bodybuilding contracts are brutal and have clauses for their rescinding if an athlete cannot train for X number of weeks (usually 2-3 weeks) - they need to work through injuries and they often carry them for the majority of their careers.

He is retired. He doesn't need to work or push through these injuries. He's not on the gear he used to be, and frankly, Jay looks great and is a great ambassador for the sport.

Get a reality check, kids
>>
>>35209889
Not taking into account that pro's use more than just use steroids. It's been stated by multiple pro's/recreational users that they respond better to the higher rep range because their bodies can recover faster while on gear. That's the real advantage to test and hgh can in increase the amount of muscle fibers you have. They have more muscle fibers and work them hard multiple times a week to exhaustion and recover way faster than a natty. They don't need heavy progressive overload to get their bodies to produce the hormones to grow because they are injecting them. You don't get stronger just from lifting. You lift to force your body to produce they hormones to make your body adapt to that weight. So go fuck off "bro'
>>
>>35209972
>You lift to force your body to produce they hormones to make your body adapt to that weight. So go fuck off "bro'

wat.
you do know that's not how actual hypertrophy works right. Ur not increasing the potential of any Growth factors by just lifting heavy lmao

and why would roids help for just recovering from higher repranges and not all rep ranges, if they help you recover regardless you should focus on total volume regardless. there is no such thing as recovering faster from higher rep ranges in relation to other ranges and how a natty would recover.

im not quite sure why im even arguing this because that post has some real bullshit in it, to the point where im starting to suspect baiting.
>>
>>35209669

>People express disapproval of things in creative ways on a discussion forum
>This is terrible somehow

You're a little bitch.
>>
>>35209972
Bodybuilder detected
I bet you get pissed off when normalweights have gfs
>>
>>35209967
if you consider yourself a lifter or an athlete and you squat less than 2pl8, then you're shit. theres no way around it. 2pl8 is the standard for 16 year olds now a days

this pic just exemplifies how shit you can be as long as your running shit loads of gear - you dont need to know anything to be successful. just eat more, do lots of reps, inject a lot. done.

if its been decades since hes retired, hes 70 years old and lifting isnt his life anymore, fine. you dont need to squat a meesley 2pl8. but every other case, you're just a failure if you cant.
>>
>>35209967

>a 2 plate squat for a 42 year old man is acceptable

jesus fuck. seriously, DYEL?
>>
File: 1381896223395.png (194 KB, 308x277) Image search: [Google]
1381896223395.png
194 KB, 308x277
>>35209967

>for the sport
>sport

The fact that these dumb faggots rip their bodies and endocrine systems to shreds just to get oiled up and pose in undergarments just makes the whole thing that much more retarded.
>>
>>35210166
For Jay right now - it's about his business and the quality of his life. He doesn't need to go into the gym and out lift all the wannabes. He's already achieved more than anybody else in the gym, and for a good majority - those outside of the gym, too.

Squatting heavy, especially on a HRT dose of steroids, carrying whatever injuries he's accumulated through 20 years of heavy, brutal training - and having not trained heavy since retirement - almost 3 years - is stupid. He's not some meathead giving idiots in the gym death stares because he's squatting more than everybody. He took time away from heavy lifting to focus on other areas of his life. But, he's managed to maintain a respectable physique during that time.

I think it's commendable what he's done. But If you want to talk shit about somebody because he can't squat 2 plates... then there can't be a lot of people in life that respect.
>>
File: 1407133301163.gif (3 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1407133301163.gif
3 MB, 245x245
>know nothing about bodybuilding because I'm a fatty powerlifter
>look up who this dingus is
>mfw Mr. Olympia no more than 5 years ago
fucking what
>>
>>35209967
>bodybuilders
>athletes

toppest kek.
>>
>>35210252
you're acting like any of these should detract a perfectly working male from being able to squat 2pl8.

for example
>be me
>not huge not small
>knee injury
>no squats for 3 months
>squat again
>reinjure knee
>fuck
>total 8 months of recovery
>manage to squat lmao 2pl8 after a couple weeks

I'm not even half the size of a mr. olympia, theres no reason you should be so fucking weak and pathetic, let alone at that size.

its embarassing to be in an industry that pretends theyre about fitness, yet not be able to perform a babyweight squat. practice what you preach and be a role model for your followers. it takes minimal effort to maintain a good level of strength for your frame, which should be closer to the 4pl8 mark for him.

If you think 2pl8 isnt baby weight, then you're obviously a weakfag and have no say in this discussion.
>>
>>35210321
Just stop. We get it. It's a weak ass squat. You're stronger than Mr Olympia. You the man.
>>
>>35210485
hell yea I am
>>
>>35210321
Just out of curiosity - how old are you?

If you think squatting more than 2 plates is some achievement - then you live a sad life. If you think not squatting 2 plates matters - then you have a sad life. If you care about squatting - you have a side life. You see where this is going?

Jay has a life. He's got a business, relationships, bodybuilding contests named after him, guest lectures to give, seminars to hold, booths and expos to attend.

He posted the pic to encourage people who may be considering stepping back in the gym after a long absence that it's ok - even a former Mr. O has to start from square one again.

The difference between you and jay is - he's not an insecure fag who's life revolves around his squat. Yours, apparently, does.
>>
File: deeeep.jpg (10 KB, 320x255) Image search: [Google]
deeeep.jpg
10 KB, 320x255
>>35210619
>all those implications

kek chill out

if you're in an industry that is centred around "muh iron lyfe", there are standards you will be held to, let alone if you were mr. olympia.

why you so desperate to suck his dick?
>>
Yes, it is strikingly confusing that he can only squat 2pl8, but the way you guys express your incredulity belies your aspergers syndrome
>>
>>35210801
The standards, like he even stated in the instagram post - are looks, not strength. He is being held and still upholding those standards, is he not? I bet he's still way, way bigger than you.

So tell me - what bodybuilding standards isn't he upholding?

Enlighten me?
>>
>>35210829
>hurr durr i read books look how learned i am my opinion matters

ironic how you accuse people of aspergers yet you talk like a fucking autist
>>
he shouldn't have to defend himself. he's a bodybuilder nobody can see how much you lift on stage.
>>
>>35209436

he said this was his first time working up to the weight in years, not that it was his max

although i doubt its much more
>>
>>35210864
>implying standards only pertain to those posed by himself
if you lift weights for a living, you should be able to something somewhat impressive.

no ones saying he should be as strong as a powerlifter, but he shouldnt be weaker than most highschool kids.

if an olympic swimmer showed a pic of him struggling to doggy paddle, people would mention it. he is held to a certain standard, and falling far below it raises flags barring serious injury.

why is this such a huge issue for you you sound like a sjw
>>
>>35210916

lifting is just a means to an end for a bodybuilder. diet and drugs have arguably more influence on a bodybuilder than lifting. does that mean that a bodybuilder should be able to win a food eating contest?

your analogy is flawed because a swimmer's job is to swim. a bodybuilder's job is to look good, not to lift weights.
>>
>>35209810
>kai greene or phil heath
>implying they're not on steroids too
>>
itt: autists who still haven't figured out the complete emptiness of bodybuilding. It's all fluff. If you ask a pro bb'er what's more important, 100lb on their squat or 1" on their legs they will always choose the inch. And rightfully so. What's different from this to how you freaks post and compare bodies in cbts? Body builders generally don't give a fuck what kind of weight they move and you are all dumb as hell for being surprised at this.
>>
File: 1448165848262.gif (2 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
1448165848262.gif
2 MB, 580x433
a lot of anons in this thread are acting like faggots
>feeling superior because you are lifting things up and down

lmfao get a real productive hobby, losers
>>
>>35210916
An sjw? I'm defending a white CIS male? I don't buy into all that tumblr horse shit. But don't use buzz words if you don't know what they mean. It just makes you look like an idiot.

Jay competed and achieved the highest success in an industry judged solely on looks. Strength was a means to an end. It's irrelevant to him. He used it to build something. But the something he build is the only thing he chose to have judged. Therefore, it's the standard to which he will be measured. To that end - he was and is a success.

Running is a means to an end in basketball. Should all of Lebron James' achievements be null and void because he runs an average speed marathon?

Boo - what a loser, he runs a 4 hour marathon instead a 2.5 hour marathon. What a fucking loser.

This is what you look like. This is what you sound like. People think you're an idiot. They're right. And you know they're right.
>>
>>35210936
dieting =/= eating contest
how did you even come to that conclusion

what if the swimmer didn't know how to run? its not his main focus, but it is a demonstration of a skill that is a byproduct of the process of achieving your goal. people would go

>lmao look this swimmer can't even run a 10 minute mile

same for the lifter

im done arguing with you because you obviously don't want to undestand the other side, you just want to point out minor flaws in the argument as if it refutes the idea

>what is scarecrowing

you are just trying to excuse his weakness, cause you're a weak fag as well and youre projecting your insecurities.

the fact is its weird for someone on so many drugs, lifting for that long, being that big to not lift beginner tier weights. you obviously refuse to see this and want to make it a bigger deal than it is.

keep sucking that cutler dick tho, friend. you will squat 2pl8 eventually, im sure.

>>35210974
>>35210985
>timestamp
>more weakfags detected
>>
I find it funny that all you dudes criticizing a guy for not being able to squat that much weight likely can't even properly Olympic squat the bar. I've seen in gyms and online you dudes patting each other's backs for your squats which are so far from proper technique that it's funny you think you have the right to talk shit. Just putting a loaded bar on your back and going down and coming up isn't a good squat just because you broke parallel. Hell, I've seen trainers with a decade of professional experience not be able to do a proper Olympic squat.
>>
>>35211004
>scarecrowing
meant strawmanning

im tired.
>>
>>35211004
Lemme guess.. You're the guy in brand new adistars who destroys the rack, probably squats 300lb+, but still can't manage a proper vertical torso rock bottom oly high bar squat with just the bar. I know who you dudes are. There's nothing wrong with training like you likely do but it will never progress to a super high technically proficient level. You're just doing athletic squats. I'm criticizing you for criticizing cutler because you are likely nowhere near form and technique wise a near perfect squat. Enjoy lifting for another half decade or so before the inevitable major injury.
>>
>>35210166
But thats bbing and even pl
Routine is literally the last thing on the list of factors that contribute to success
Natties in general dont really understand that because theyve never experienced the insane growth that being on anabolics - even basic doses like 500mg test e/wk - is like.
>>
so many people took the bait
>>
fwiw how come every time a vet of bodybuilding is posted he gets shit talked on to no end. You folk are pathetic . Wether it's cutler or o Hearn you guys like to downplay as much as you can their standing. These dudes you talk so much shit on have built successful careers and are icons of the sport and industry. The rest of you , for How much being gym goers and browsers of this site defines you, will likely never achieve any greatness in fitness or bodybuilding.

Signed

Jay cutler
>>
>>35209967

The voice of reason.
>>
>>35211069
kek
>>
File: 1443740062607.jpg (70 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1443740062607.jpg
70 KB, 720x960
>>35209436

>mfw
>>
>>35211117
samefag
>>
>eddie hall power lifter extrodinaire faints after 1pl8 for a single
>i can do 2.25pl8 for 6
>>
>>35215058
decent bait
4/10
>>
I can tell this subchan is nothing but 20 year olds with mint condition spines. A 42 year old man who brutally abused his body for many years will not have the flexibility to do a regular squat. 225lbs is about what I would expect for working sets from a guy with his background.

I think it's silly that you're even comparing yourselves to him.
>>
>>35209396
>tfw almost stronger than jc after 2 weeks on ss
LeL
>>
>>35210916
That was all pretty dumb. The only standards that matter are the ones you set for yourself. I'm sure this guy gives zero fucks about you or anyone else thinks. But if talking shit makes you feel better, by all means feed your insecurities.
>>
>>35210063
Dude shut the fuck up. I'm a completely different anon than the other guy, but he obviously has an understanding of basic biology and you lack it. Get out of your basement and go read some college curriculum on basic mammal physiology.
>>
File: 1445751001757.png (121 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1445751001757.png
121 KB, 258x245
>mfw I can outsquat an Olympian
>>
>>35209647
>jay cutler doesn't know shit about squatting, unlike me, a rando shitposter on the internet
alrighty then..
>>
>>35215629
just goes to show that squatting doesn't help you not look like dogshit, amirite?

would rather look like jay cutler than squat more than lmao2pl8.
>>
>>35211004

How many times have you won Mr. Olympia?
>>
>>35215506

There's 40 year old men who are much much stronger then him dude.
>>
>>35216267
You're confusing Bodybuilding with Powerlifting if you're mentioning strength.

Bodybuilding has fuck-all to do with being strong or lifting heavy weight.
>>
>>35216351

But >>35215506 was complaining about spines and flexibility when there are 40 year old men who are more flexible and stronger than him.
If a 40 year old man is stronger then him then his spine is healthier then his because it can be loaded with more stress.
>>
Please don't fucking try to tell me bodybuilders squat differently from powerlifters because that is utter bullshit. If anything bodybuilders squat with worse form then powerlifters. Look at this video. The men in here are old as shit but are much stronger then Jay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLMBMh2x6H0
>>
>people actually think he maxes at 225
top fucking kek
as if he couldn't rep 405 for 10 if he wanted to

dyel infestation grows stronger everyday here
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-07-14-15-15.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-07-14-15-15.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>35210063
Jesus christ can I have a convo with you. I got into bodybuilding years before I got on fit and I understood it. Someone actually understands muscle growth on fit. You have resurrected my hope for this board. Not trolling in any way. This is me being legitimate towards you.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.