[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay guys, I have really small quads. Don't really know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Calf Muscles .jpg (6 KB, 233x216) Image search: [Google]
Calf Muscles .jpg
6 KB, 233x216
Okay guys, I have really small quads. Don't really know if they're weak, because all my stregnth during squats etc. come from quads and glutes and hamstring. Never really tried working calfs, because I assumed they would just activiate.

So exercises that activate calf muscles?
>>
File: 9uMNVwP.jpg (123 KB, 660x990) Image search: [Google]
9uMNVwP.jpg
123 KB, 660x990
>>35208491
Just give up OP.

It's almost entirely genetic.

I went from inactive 160lbs to active 225lbs and my calves are the same goddamn size.
>>
Calves are the forearms of the legs
>>
>>35208506
Dont listen to this fag, use the calf raise machine in your gym as often as you can. Make sure its high reps with moderate weight, and make every rep count, no bouncing bullshit. I have super small calves with high insertion, but after 1 month of religious calf work out I am finally seeing size and definition.
>>
>>35208852
Thought so, I used to calf raise but i don't anymore because I decied it wasn't working so I suppose I should probblystart again,
>>
>>35208852
You can always use a leg press as well, I load up 220kg and do sets of 20. Nothing burns like calves.
>>
>>35209392
this is using the leg press for calf raises btw
>>
>>35208506

Although it is difficult to gain size on calfs, I've had success getting size with calf extensions with a high rep range
>>
>>35209267
I'm not the guy you replied to but my calves only improved once I started using high rep high weight, like 20-30 reps. Make sure you are only pivoting at the ankles, don't involve any other part of your leg or your bigger muscle groups like quads will take over as your form breaks down.
>>
The best calf exercise is doing plyometrics and sprinting.
Can be hard for a gym rat to do something athletic but it's worth a try.

Jump alot, sprint up hills, sprint normally, jump forward on one leg and kick yourself in the butt and land on the same foot(only if you can do it without planting the heel or you'll get hurt), do Borsow jumps, jump rope.
>>
I just do barbell calf raises between squat sets.
>>
>>35208510
this is true but I've been getting some decent growth on forearms since I started doing a lot of pullups and rings-training. though I started as a total skeleton, so any growth looks huge on me.
>>
>>35208491
carry heavy shit.
Farmers walks and get up on your tip-toes for a few meters each time. for me i do 70lbs each hand and tip toe 20 meters and the regular walk 20.
Also someone else said sprints and plyo, they are correct, do sprints
>>
>>35209505
this but without the one leg thing, too much pressure on joints.
>>
>>35211266

For the love of fuck, don't go carrying heavy shit on your tip-toes unless you have a vendetta against your knees.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 500x375
>>35208491
>>
>>35211312
I've been doing this type of training for years. Good to get your body used to functioning under high stress. Knees only act up when I run >3 miles but Ill keep an eye on them.
>>
The answer is to stretch your calves relgiously before every work out. Calf muscle is really dense, so stretch them out before hand to make sure they can get a lot of blood flow during workouts.

Stretch them every way you can imagine, and hold the stretches for 20+ seconds. You'll feel the muscle stretch like normal, and then around 20 seconds you should feel it relax, and not hurt anymore.
>>
try the 100 calf raises a day thing
>>
Can I get bigger calves by running daily 30 minutes at 10mph/18km/h?
>>
>>35211646
looking into that now. Might give it ago
>>
>>35211885
Look at the legs of runners who do that kinda distance
>>
>>35211939
I know but trying to lose fat so no choice
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.